PDA

View Full Version : 20v Mods

Walker
9th April 2008, 07:16 PM
Hi guys as the subject says my mates wondering what mods will be effective for that kind of money, i think hes looking to stay Na.

Cheers

350hp4agte
9th April 2008, 07:25 PM
spend it on the head, ecu and good exhaust

Jonny Rochester
9th April 2008, 07:31 PM
For best value for money, you could buy 4 different 20 valves and have them sitting in your shed as spare. As he said ^^^ spend money on a computer and camshafts.

350hp4agte
9th April 2008, 07:34 PM
why do ya say that johny about buying 4

Jonny Rochester
9th April 2008, 07:42 PM
For extra revs. If you have a spare motor at home, you can always rev yours much harder, which is fun. After breaking a few, then you will have the experience to have an opinion, and exactly what caused the failure.

I think too many people are too carefull about what oil to use, how long to warm it up etc, and they don't really know why. Don't waste your youth. Rev the motor cold I say!!!

And when you have a few dead blocks, then think about different conrods or whatever it is that breaks.

Spend money on camshafts, go fast and hard I say.

ke70dave
9th April 2008, 08:49 PM
^^^^

sounds like you have alot of spare money, and a place to put all these new/dead engines!!

my folks are getting pissed at my 4age scattered across the garage table...

I'm to scared I'm gonna break my car since its my only one, and without it I'm walking:P

Konakid
9th April 2008, 09:06 PM
Microtech and Hand controller - $1150
Tune - $350
Exhaust - $600
Trumpets and filters- $400
Second hand cams and cam gears also?

Thats what i plan to do when the 20V goes in.

slydar
9th April 2008, 10:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonaKid @ Apr 9 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=515678)</div>
adaptronic and ready to go map from kaizen - WIN
Exhaust - $600
Trumpets and filters- $400
Second hand cams and cam gears also?

Thats what i plan to do when the 20V goes in.[/b]

fixed.

slydar
9th April 2008, 10:08 PM
but yeah if he doesnt have a programmable ecu yet, thats step one. make sure your tuner knows to lean on the timing, thats where the power is.

Konakid
9th April 2008, 10:12 PM
Hmmm I'm not set on the whole ready to go thing, what about future changes?

What price are you looking at?

slydar
9th April 2008, 10:45 PM
ask ant in his section on price, but I'm sure youll be pleasantly surprised.

it is completely re tuneable, like all aftermarket ecu's though you need a lap top (any will do though).

infact it is pretty much one of the most versatile ecus out there, as it is user reconfigurable for different CAS's ect unlike microtech.

what i meant was you can probably safely skip the tune part, at least in the interim, as ant has alot of good 20v maps.

plus its just a better computer.. but you can do your own research to quantify that.

rthy
9th April 2008, 11:08 PM
trumpets can be an issue if you havent got the filtration to back it up. Either that or back to the disposable engine thing.

Ru-iki
16th April 2008, 06:04 PM
Id seriously buy 2 motors, get a sweet head built with cams done on one, then lunch the 2 bottom ends, and an aftermarket ecu of course.