PDA

View Full Version : ECU LOOMS

loc33e
13th April 2008, 11:19 PM
hey sup guys just wanted to know if there is any differences between a RWD loom and a FWD loom for the 4age.

i currently have a blue top 4age from a trueno, so have the JDM loom and ecu .. problem is one of the plugs that u plug into the

ecu is missing ( middle one ) is there any easy way to get past this ? or would i need to get another loom ?

would i be able to just by any 4age loom and connect it ? or must be the jdm RWD one ?

cheers

Peter :2thumbs:

slide86
13th April 2008, 11:53 PM
has the plug just been cut off? as in, all the wires are there, but the plug is missing?

from memory, i think you can buy these plugs new.

but it wouldn't be too hard to get the plug from a fwd and solder it to the rwd loom. get the ecu pinout info from club 4ag and you should be set

Nikkojoe
14th April 2008, 04:32 PM
Both looms are basically the same as long as they are both from blue tops.

IMO, rwd jdm looms are far easier to work with so it might be easier to use if you are not so electrically minded.

But if you are electrically minded, use the fwd loom and you will find its pretty much the same :)

yoshimitsu9
14th April 2008, 06:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loc33e @ Apr 13 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=517476)</div>
hey sup guys just wanted to know if there is any differences between a RWD loom and a FWD loom for the 4age.

i currently have a blue top 4age from a trueno, so have the JDM loom and ecu .. problem is one of the plugs that u plug into the

ecu is missing ( middle one ) is there any easy way to get past this ? or would i need to get another loom ?

would i be able to just by any 4age loom and connect it ? or must be the jdm RWD one ?

cheers

Peter :2thumbs:[/b]

you can pull the plugs out of mx73 cressidas found at any old wrecker. i had to do the same for mine when it got wired

choom78
15th April 2008, 12:05 AM
Check the injector resistances also. JDM looms run low impendance injectors without a resistor box. Can't remember what adm looms.

loc33e
15th April 2008, 12:31 AM
thanks for the help guys !

i went to pick n payless today and found myself a fwd loom outta a ae82 .. my boss and i have been working on the

loom and basically swapped the injector plugs over and now were just waiting for tomorow to wire it all up

i also bought a throttle from the same ae82 .. it seems a lil long but yeh anybody using one of these on their car?

would it fit ? yes ans no's ?

see how things go and i'll let u guys know !

anyways thnks again !

yoshimitsu9
15th April 2008, 05:43 PM
some one will be able to elaborate a little more than my self. the ae82 loom is amlost a direct fit with only the extension of 3 or 4 wires needed

Nikkojoe
15th April 2008, 09:44 PM
Extension of what wires???, if anything its too long hahaha.

I was refering to the fact that the rwd is easy to plug in on the 86 as it contains the temp, oil pressure, reverse lights, starter wire.

With the ae82 you have to use the 4ac harness and splice some bits in etc. Not all that hard really, just need to know what you are doing