PDA

View Full Version : January/February Cruise ideas

Driftspec
19th December 2008, 12:26 PM
Alright, we need to have a cruise in the new year, thinking late January or early February. More than likely another southern cruise, as they work rather well - but don't worry, I have plans for another northern cruise a little bit after this one.

So we need some ideas for dates - when are people free? Lets get a discussion going :)

johl
19th December 2008, 12:34 PM
quarterly cruises?

i think it will be busy with cops around oz day and not to mention traffic.
so maybe early feb. early morning. anywhere away from the g.c really??

Clinton
19th December 2008, 12:46 PM
is there seriously any other option besides byron bay?

its a win spot and ops arnt looking for cars in byron ever...

PHA786
19th December 2008, 09:21 PM
The less cops the better. Shame there are no abandened airports. Not unless someone wants to clear out archerfield airport some how. ;P

I wish!!

Fozz
19th December 2008, 10:47 PM
brunswick heads would be a nice drive better than byron imho

Breaka
20th December 2008, 06:24 PM
is there seriously any other option besides byron bay?

its a win spot and ops arnt looking for cars in byron ever...

brunswick heads would be a nice drive better than byron imho

Both pretty good options. But could I suggest Hastings Point?

Perfect location with a headland look out, massive carpark which is only ever full if people are camping on the grounds right beside and a massive camping ground/field which would be un-occupied providing it's not holiday time. It's closer to the NSW/QLD border than both Bruns and Byron...about 20min from tugun.

Assuming most would be coming from North the drive there would be sweet as too, cut off at the new Macca's/BP super centre (or whatever fuck they are called) at Chinderah, by-pass Kingsliff, head down the coast passing through Cabarita Beach and on to Hasting's Point.

dr1ft-pig
20th December 2008, 07:33 PM
that seems like a pretty good idea ^^

PHA786
22nd December 2008, 01:46 PM
That sounds like a great idea. The only thing i can think of is to go up to mount Neebo range. Then stop for lunch and finish driving down to the dam and come back through Ipswitch. It's a nice drive i do it when i can.
I'm just happy to drive my Hachi. Who cares where. :)

sonsta
22nd December 2008, 04:55 PM
yeh bruns or hastings are both good ideas!!

maybe hit up the buringbah range on the way through or something, although you have to watch cops along there, theres not usually many but u get the odd one.

what time would we do it? early morning?

Breaka
22nd December 2008, 08:16 PM
yeh bruns or hastings are both good ideas!!

maybe hit up the buringbah range on the way through or something, although you have to watch cops along there, theres not usually many but u get the odd one.

what time would we do it? early morning?

Burringbar Range is a fantastic drive! Pass through Burringbar and take the Pottsville/Mooball road to Pottsville, pass through Pottsville (my joint!) and cut back up to Hasto's.

marvis
22nd December 2008, 08:19 PM
I'm down if I'm not working.

sonsta
23rd December 2008, 10:08 PM
yep im down fo shizzle!!

trikzlane
4th January 2009, 07:28 PM
hasto's headland FTW, the area is big. im down for it as im in caba which is the next town

86JAP
21st January 2009, 05:51 PM
keen as, be my first hatchi cruise..

Clinton
21st January 2009, 06:55 PM
dw ill spray paint the cameras in buringbah rang ethen we can go faster than 80...

sonsta
22nd January 2009, 12:42 AM
id be keepin that on the low down clinton

Breaka
23rd January 2009, 09:44 AM
dw ill spray paint the cameras in buringbah rang ethen we can go faster than 80...

Don't worry man, they're fucked....and they've been that way for a long time.

Last Friday I was following an SS ute over the range. He slowed down heaps for the lights so I kept drivin on by and overtook the bastard.

deleta
23rd January 2009, 05:42 PM
lol any were cept neebo and glorious region, i seem to get introuble alot over there with the pigs :( but im keen

sonsta
23rd January 2009, 10:57 PM
Don't worry man, they're fucked....and they've been that way for a long time.

Last Friday I was following an SS ute over the range. He slowed down heaps for the lights so I kept drivin on by and overtook the bastard.

lol i wouldnt be to confident about them being fucked, i was in the car when clinton lost his licence going past one of those cameras haha

Clinton
24th January 2009, 01:14 AM
thats what destroyed them. the 4k fury with 5 poeple in the car going up a hill was too fast for the camera to predict what speed i was going and caused it to malfuntion and blow up.

*urban_ninja*
24th January 2009, 03:54 PM
ooooooNEEBO IS THE SH*T better during week days though :(

Breaka
25th January 2009, 02:53 PM
lol i wouldnt be to confident about them being fucked, i was in the car when clinton lost his licence going past one of those cameras haha

Serious? Clinton didn't tell me that.

Besides, clinton's a homosexual. He does howleys in my car in public.

sonsta
27th January 2009, 12:28 PM
thats what destroyed them. the 4k fury with 5 poeple in the car going up a hill was too fast for the camera to predict what speed i was going and caused it to malfuntion and blow up.

lol yeh i dunno how the fuck we were doing more than 80 up that hill with 5 people and a 4k auto hahahha

sonsta
31st January 2009, 01:44 PM
well its febuary tommorow and still no news on a cruise (hehe that rhymes)

cumon guys lets organize something!!!

blair
18th February 2009, 09:05 PM
yeh where has keating even been?? wtf is going on with qld mods?

NIZLAH
18th February 2009, 09:14 PM
laps of the hyperdome next thursday night.. it will be hektik.. fresh chicks everywhere I swear too godd uleh..

marvis
18th February 2009, 10:35 PM
We should really set a date soon for this. I'm very keen.

wtf is going on with qld mods?
Explain?

marvis.

blair
18th February 2009, 11:28 PM
the lack of.

marvis
19th February 2009, 12:15 AM
There is like 4 I can think of.

Why do you say this?

marvis.

Eircamae86
19th February 2009, 12:32 AM
Lets all go for a nice little drive,
What about up the "Gap" north Brissy some nice roads up there then back through ferny grove, I dont know :peek:

johl
19th February 2009, 02:01 AM
i went to the best place for food the other day.
its called ribbets. just opposite booga rd jail i think.
any way its all you can eat ribs, pasta, pizza. been there for like 25 years and hasnt changed. only costs $25 and it only sits maybe 20 people so bookings are a must. would be an awesome place to end a meet up/drive cuz they are open form 4.30 till midnight every night

marvis
19th February 2009, 02:17 AM
Auszoku had a meet at ribbets. It's fucking awesome. Good idea man.

Eircamae86: I'm keen and a few others seem to be.

Dates?

marvis.

goldke70
19th February 2009, 11:11 AM
Auszoku had a meet at ribbets. It's fucking awesome. Good idea man.

Eircamae86: I'm keen and a few others seem to be.

Dates?

marvis.

ahh Ribbets...best late night pizza.

Only problem with having a big crowd jammed in the car park out the front is you gotta hope like hell none of the 5.0 actually get motivated and come outside of the DP cop shop located 200m down the road.... rarely happens though.

davidgarratt
19th February 2009, 06:02 PM
hey are there any dates for cruise days yet ?????

trikzlane
23rd February 2009, 12:24 AM
yeah any set plans or is it gonna be canned

dr1ft-pig
23rd February 2009, 12:32 AM
its canned... noone is gonna organise a cruise in 5 days hahah

one will come up soon enough

Driftspec
23rd February 2009, 12:58 AM
Ummm.... yeah...

Seeing as this one didn't eventuate (geez its nearly March already), I would love to do one in the cooler weather. Not sure how the engine and brakes will hold out in the warmer weather, like it is now :|

Although, it doesn't have to be a admin.mod that lines up a drive date. If you have a spare weekend, yell it out, and you will probably get a few people wanting to come out. All good ;)

dr1ft-pig
23rd February 2009, 01:15 AM
i would have done this but yeah... i got a lil problem called breaking my 86 haha

Eircamae86
23rd February 2009, 01:35 AM
QR is on friday night, many people going to that? Could make a mini meet out of it.

BLACK COUPE
23rd February 2009, 05:36 PM
im down for a bit of a meet at qr, would love to meet a few more of you guys

trikzlane
23rd February 2009, 08:11 PM
would come out 2 qr but my 18th on thursday so im clubin both nights. wooo

PHA786
23rd February 2009, 08:26 PM
ahh Ribbets...best late night pizza.

Only problem with having a big crowd jammed in the car park out the front is you gotta hope like hell none of the 5.0 actually get motivated and come outside of the DP cop shop located 200m down the road.... rarely happens though.

Ahh Ribbets.. I have heard so much about that place but never got around to getting there. So, now is the time. I'm in for Ribbets. mmmmmm pizza.

johl
24th February 2009, 01:47 AM
last sunday in march. meet up out near nebo or similar and hill run out, and come back through hills and have early dinner at ribbets.

dr1ft-pig
24th February 2009, 01:50 AM
im in like flynn

would friday/sat night be a better idea???

might get a few more to travel from a lil further away i.e. me

id be keen for sure... if its early enough to go out then come back for dinner there shouldnt be much 5-0 yeah??

johl
24th February 2009, 10:11 AM
shouldnt be too bad. i'd prefer to have food then go out but ribbets doesnt open till 4:30. but they are open till around midnight. but most of our lights suck so i wouldnt like to do some spirited driving at night

dr1ft-pig
24th February 2009, 12:10 PM
u cant eat before a spirited drive.... u need to save on weight :P

Eircamae86
26th February 2009, 10:10 PM
Are we meeting up or what?,,,, Ive been here almost 3 months now, come-on motherfuckers :DD

NIZLAH
26th February 2009, 10:22 PM
lol, man trust me if my shit was on the road (which you personally know is a while off haha) I'd organize something for sure.... for now I will just concentrate on getting it on the road as fast as I can and dabble with my scavenger hunt idea.
I'm fucking itching hardout though to drive again...

You know man, the best way is to organize it yourself and the crowd will gather... everyone is just waiting on someone to take action....
Its not overly difficult, just pick a date/time/meeting place/roads you want to drive/finish point and your pretty much done...... I would keep it all covert though and send details via pm too all that express their interest.

sonsta
26th February 2009, 10:29 PM
last sunday in march?? im down, car runs outa rego on the 31st haha

johl
27th February 2009, 02:24 AM
yep thats the date. be there or dont. wont change it... who's in?

marvis
27th February 2009, 02:28 AM
I am.

But my car runs out of rego in a few days... Soooooo I don't know If I will be renewing..

Hills run again probably this weekend.

marvis.

Eircamae86
27th February 2009, 02:36 AM
Saturday Night?

marvis
27th February 2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah. I'll make a thread I guess, although my attendance is not yet 100%

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=38210

Eircamae86
27th February 2009, 02:53 AM
Yeah. I'll make a thread I guess, although my attendance is not yet 100%

Sort it out, bring the missus, Ill have to bring mine maybe, maybe Ill be lucky:DD
Do uphills, not down hills this time

dr1ft-pig
28th February 2009, 03:46 AM
im down for a hella early morning drive, they are always good

im thinkin 4-5am... many others who have been on early runs will backup thats its a awesome time to go

although u get alot of dropouts as ppl dont wake in time alot of the time

NIZLAH
28th February 2009, 09:02 AM
im down for a hella early morning drive, they are always good

im thinkin 4-5am... many others who have been on early runs will backup thats its a awesome time to go

although u get alot of dropouts as ppl dont wake in time alot of the time

Yep best time to do a run for sure, at daybreak, cant beat it.
For the ppl that don't wake up, its their loss ;)

dr1ft-pig
28th February 2009, 12:42 PM
too right

had some great daybreak cruises

i envy the people on springbrook getting woken up by 30 odd screaming 4ages

PHA786
3rd March 2009, 09:10 PM
I'm in for an early morning run on a Saturday or Sunday would be sweet.

too right

had some great daybreak cruises

i envy the people on springbrook getting woken up by 30 odd screaming 4ages

To the people getting woken up "WE SOLUTE YOU!"

dr1ft-pig
4th March 2009, 01:17 AM
yeah im dead keen just hopin i have cash to run up there as ill have a car this weekend

dont you hate when u spend all your cash fixin your car then u got no money to run it

PHA786
8th March 2009, 10:05 PM
Going to do an early morning nebo run next weekend if anyone is interested. Just me in my hachi and a mate of mine in his 20V AE82 so far. Let me know if anyone else wants to come along.

fantapants
8th March 2009, 10:35 PM
sunday or sat?

Eircamae86
8th March 2009, 11:10 PM
Maybe, depends on shit this week

PHA786
8th March 2009, 11:20 PM
sunday or sat?

Will let you know later in the week.

PHA786
9th March 2009, 02:02 PM
Ok Guys. It's going to be crack of sparrows on Sunday.

fantapants
9th March 2009, 05:25 PM
damnit.... drift day :P

marvis
9th March 2009, 08:41 PM
and work for me. But I got to work on the car on Saturday anyways.

PHA786
9th March 2009, 09:15 PM
Drift Day! Shit where?

fantapants
9th March 2009, 11:04 PM
riverside is running one down at ..... brain fart... next to qr... anyways yeah, just a private thing he runs i think. a dozen cars, flat track mainly just skills n shit :)

they book out in like 10 mins from the time he posts on sd so its luck of the draw getting in...