PDA

View Full Version : Thieves

FLT LNR
12th June 2008, 03:42 AM
edit: post was huge.

basically, brother dropped his wallet + weeks pay in cash... at a reasonably small bar. nobody turned it in.

top bloke, he's very unhappy.

i reckon i might pocket loose cash, but couldnt loot a wallet and bin it. id take it to the licence address, cos it'd make me feel like
a hero, and they'd probably reward u anyway.

thoughts?

riojin
12th June 2008, 09:42 AM
if i found a wallet i wouldn't take any cash out of it. i would just find the address and hand it to them personally.

seriously who would even bother pocketing the little cash that may be in their wallet. even if it were a couple of grand wouldn't take any.

monkae86
12th June 2008, 10:18 AM
if it was just cash on the ground, id pocket it in a second, but in a wallet, you can see their name, address... there is no excuse.

riojin
12th June 2008, 10:20 AM
if it were on the ground youd be silly not to pocket it

verm69
12th June 2008, 11:58 AM
i picked up like $60 one night in a club... i waited there and looked for someone looking for lost cash, but no one did... so they paid for my night! :D

if i found a wallet, i wouldn't take any more than $20 and had it in... so if they had $1000 i would probably hand it back with $980 in it... it's a $20 inders fee... but only if i was poor that week :) otherwise i'd probably hand it all back

driftke70
12th June 2008, 12:51 PM
returned a couple of wallets in my time, i used to work at a servo and people would aways be leaving shit on the counter, some people even if you called them and told them it was there and they lived around the corner they wouldn't come back and get it, but your not in a position to make decisions for someone else.

I'm a firm believer in creating a better society with lots of small things done properly amount to a larger solution, If everyone returned wallets etc it would get better and better.

That being said if i found just cash on the ground id pocket it, if someone is stupid/drunk/pilled up enough to not put money in their wallet or purse they may as well throw it on the ground.

Fozz
12th June 2008, 03:41 PM
if cash is just lying on the ground i take it there would be no way to find the owners of it

but if its a wallet id return it makes me feel guilty stealing shit

4door
12th June 2008, 03:50 PM
i would never loot a wallet.

oh it is good to see someone posting lifestyle questions again (like how i made all those food topics) ~~~~~ !!!

RobertoX
12th June 2008, 04:05 PM
ive handed in about 8 wallets in my time and never pocketed the cash

cash on ground loose, obviously pocket it, but wallets, ALWAYS hand in

works510
12th June 2008, 10:31 PM
agree'd ^^^
but somehow never find change floating around.
Wish someone would find my licence and give it back to me, went missiong last friday nite somewhere :(

HachiRoku
12th June 2008, 10:43 PM
^Don't like your chances there. Lost licenses can become great fake ID's. Or so I'm told.

4door
12th June 2008, 10:47 PM
my wallet fell outa ma pocket and i went to move my car... then someone taken 840 out of it...

luckily ma boss caught it on security camera and i got it back.

i just be honest and hand in things i find.

AJPS seems pretty honorable by doing it too.

Gilly
13th June 2008, 12:19 AM
somewhat related

we come across all sorts of taxable shit all the time at work, we have a section called "baggage blues" whic is no shit the size of a swimming pool full of unclaimed designer glasses, phones, ipods and other cool shit. it gets stored there for 7 years and then destroyed!! shit used to go missing from there a lot back in the day (not me, seriously)

we were unloading 100 odd boxes of DVD's a few weeks back, Hendo threw a box down to me and it had already been opened, lo and behold all the boxes were full of the "Underbelly" DVD set that has been causing such a fuss.

i had to call it through straight away to our freight agent and let him know then go fill out fkn forms so none of my guys got stitched up if any were missing.

any way

wallets = yes

loose cash = no

strong believer in Karma, its pretty much my only belief, do the right thing by people and they will do the right thing by you or at least do good things in general and it will come back to you.

GAKI86
13th June 2008, 09:53 AM
wallets yes.. fones yes...

mobile fone owned by a leb... No, he stole it.. i gave it to the smiths family..

The_81
13th June 2008, 11:21 AM
why destroy?
couldn't they find sumthing better to do with them.
good will or sell it off and put it to charity
seriously what a waste

DavisJD
13th June 2008, 11:45 AM
that is all...

GAKI86
16th June 2008, 12:16 AM
do good things and youll get 100,000 :D

starni_boy
30th June 2008, 05:50 PM
Walking through Miranda Westfield a few years ago, looking at the ground as I am walking, and I spy a $50 laying on the ground.
I think to myself: "Where is the little fucker with the fishing line attached to pull it away", ended up with a $50.

Paddling out to Shark Island about 6 months ago on the bodyboard, $10 floating in the water right beside me. Put it in my wetty and kept paddling like nothing happened.. In saying that, I lost $10 at the beach about 2 months ago.

Would probably return a wallet if I found it. Its all to do with KARMA..

turbobrad
30th June 2008, 07:00 PM
if you find money on the ground its not stealing! unless somone tries to claim it or its an incredibly large some of money.

Theives should all be shot, and survivors shot again.