PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Wreckers chasing F-Series diff

lloydious86
11th May 2009, 07:24 PM
Hey guys basically called the main toyota wreckers f*** there so hard to deal with its like they dont wana know you over the phone crappy, anyways where did you guys source an f-series from or would you know any toyota wreckers with one basically the cars im looking for are tarago and celica old models tarago yr-22 celica ra35 ta63 or cressida mx13 these all are swappable with drum to drum brakes which is what im after. Any help would be great as its hard sourcing one atm cheers keegan

todd
11th May 2009, 11:39 PM
sometimes its cheaper to buy a whole car from the quokka and rip the diff out then sell it on to scrap metal/wreckers.
they are always on the lookout for hilux etc etc

RolandGTV85
11th May 2009, 11:52 PM
Try A1 toyota wreckers on Munt street bayswater. they r pretty much the only toyota wrecker that still do older parts. Just be straight to the point with them though. I know them well but I know for a fact they have no time for "time wasters" always shows to flash some cash around to show ur serious.

Dom86
12th May 2009, 12:05 AM
I found one when i was looking, can't remember where, but they wanted $600 for it. I'll find out for you who it was.
I'm with Todd though, they pop up in the quokka fairly regularly, but you gotta be quick cos wreckers look for them too.

Matt-AE86
12th May 2009, 02:06 PM
find an old tarago. buy it. take the diff. cut the tarago apart to make a low down flat bed truck etc.

lloydious86
12th May 2009, 09:35 PM
haha yea man i do ay! spun out! dans a cool bloke :) hes come down to the drifts before have to catch up with ya. thanx guys! yea i got quoted $660 from A1 for a ra35 f-series diff but its 5 stud, he had a tarago centre but that was all, tried another mob they quoted $770 and had to source one, over in vic they cost $270 from a wrecker! wa got f-all, so maybe gonna go for an r31 diff cause there common and cheap but ive still got my options open atm but leaning towards r31 if theres nothing in the quokka come thursday.

H8CHIR6KU
13th May 2009, 10:37 AM
r31 diffs will still twist and shear an axle fairly easily. i reckon go the f series diff.

you will be limited by lsd choices aswell for a r31 diff. either a vl cone type lsd or a detroit locker. the vl diff is just pure shit and the locker will guarantee snapped axles

Matt-AE86
13th May 2009, 05:38 PM
Not only that. R31 disc brake calipers are turd. Ask someone over east to send one over for you :P

H8CHIR6KU
13th May 2009, 09:26 PM
yeah and then you have to stuff around with your brake bias an shit. at the end of the day you will be better off with a f series

lloydious86
15th May 2009, 07:07 PM
fark thanx for the info guys was close to buying a r31 diff today, went and saw zac at cypher industries he has one in his track notchback and final drive have a diff jig to weld the mounts on so was gonna see them but yea the disc and caliper is shizer dont wana go down that road and pretty sure they dont come with drum, anyways few old celicas in the quokka this week so ill ring around..again hehe, if im not finding much luck ill have to get one from SA would it cost much to get one sent here u reckon?

lloydious86
20th May 2009, 09:36 PM
hey guys found a tarago diff! manual++ w00t finally $160 bux and getting it on friday im slightly worried it may not be an f-series diff because its out of a 1984 tarago, now when i did some searching i was lead to believe you have to use either yr21 or yr22 is the 1984 a yr20? a model to early? or am i just being paranoid this will scratch a few heads hehe

H8CHIR6KU
24th May 2009, 12:52 PM
i have a feeling that the only thing different with those is that the panhard rod goes from left body to right diff. 86 is right body to left diff. but thats nothing a bit of cut and weld cant fix

lloydious86
24th May 2009, 11:07 PM
thanx, yea stripped down both diffs this weekend and dropping them off to final drive to get the mounts cut and welded on will take some piccos ta

n00bvak
26th May 2009, 08:35 PM
BTW, how much were they gonna charge for that r31 weld up?

lloydious86
28th May 2009, 08:16 PM
basically all the same for a mount swap f,e,31 doesnt matter to them quote was $400, matt got his for $350 same place there number is 93146811 ask for phil they do diff shortening also, shortening is more $$$ its pretty expensive i went the cheper option got an E-series diff wich is 5mm wider in total length than the t18 so dont even notice.

rxbenny
6th June 2009, 02:41 AM
what lsd centres are available for the e series?

todd
6th June 2009, 02:46 AM
zero for E series. locker is the only option.

lloydious86
8th June 2009, 12:07 AM
and thats what i did hehe bogan cheapo spec ft....uhh ?

MJ86
9th June 2009, 01:38 PM
r31 diffs will still twist and shear an axle fairly easily. i reckon go the f series diff.

you will be limited by lsd choices aswell for a r31 diff. either a vl cone type lsd or a detroit locker. the vl diff is just pure shit and the locker will guarantee snapped axles

What a load of bullshit, a proper 28 spline r-31 axle will handle anything you can do to it in a sprinter and they have the same bolt pattern as sprinters/ke70s, also you CAN source kaaz lsds to fit borgy diffs, not sure about the brakes, but i do know that the less money you are willing to spend the less choices will be available to you.

H8CHIR6KU
10th June 2009, 01:20 AM
What a load of bullshit, a proper 28 spline r-31 axle will handle anything you can do to it in a sprinter and they have the same bolt pattern as sprinters/ke70s, also you CAN source kaaz lsds to fit borgy diffs, not sure about the brakes, but i do know that the less money you are willing to spend the less choices will be available to you.

yeah maybe your right just cause you say so... or maybe you can blow it out your ass!!

im yet to see a KAAZ lsd for one of these. and yeah i dont think it will handle it behind his motor. i have seen plenty of these twist and sheer from stock v8 vls thru to one in a pintara with a stock ca18 that had a detroit locker in it. the pintara went thru 3 axles in 2 weeks, and that wasnt even driven everyday! shit ive even replaced one of these on a stock r31 silhoutte, the fact is is that when you start putting stress on these they will sheer and fuck up. thats the same with any axle, its just a matter of what holds out the best and in my experience this is what ive come accross

maybe next time i should run things by you to make sure that my experiences match with what youve heard just to make sure thats its not bullshit

dumbass

MJ86
10th June 2009, 02:13 AM
maybe next time i should run things by you to make sure that my experiences match with what youve heard just to make sure thats its not bullshit

That is about the most intelligent thing you said in that post, i`m glad you see it my way "JUNIOR" because while you were picking your nose and eating it at school in 10th grade i worked in a workshop specializing in "diffs" and "gearboxes" so yeah sometimes i even know what i am talking about. Your cars sound like shit, try a lx torana hatchback, 450hp 308, powerglide+5000 rev hi-stall, borgy diff with 4.1 ratio stock lsd, 28 spline axles and not one broken axle and it was a 11.5 second car, i could think of heaps more but why bother you know everything at the grand age of 25.
Oh and before you start calling me dumbass you little fag you might want to learn how to spell better

H8CHIR6KU
10th June 2009, 02:31 AM
wtf. oh think i touched a nerve with princess here. um ok then, not sure what ive spelt wrong but im sure grammer qirl here will let us know.

so just cause it worked for you means that it will work for everyone. thats like saying just cause one person fell out of a plane and survived, everyone else that falls out of a plane will survive aswell. haha

starting a post with "what a load of bullshit" will of course bring on a shit fight. you would think that someone so "old and wise" would know this.

at the end of the day im not going to argue with an old knuckle drager especially seeing as it seems no-one is allowed to have an opinion when your around

todd
10th June 2009, 02:51 AM
starting a post with "what a load of bullshit" will of course bring on a shit fight. you would think that someone so "old and wise" would know this.

gotta +1 to this comment, seems somewhat stupid that you enter a thread with all guns blazing, speaking down to a 25yr old when by the sounds of it you are not acting that mature yourself. any reasonable person would have simply made a polite correction, not drop 'what a load of bullshit' in the first sentence of their post.

bit of courtesy never went astray MJ.

also, he never stated that you cant find an LSD for a 31 diff, he quite obviously stated (if u actually bothered to read his post properly) that the choice would be a limited one in comparison to other suitable diff conversions.

MJ86
10th June 2009, 03:02 AM
I am not stopping you from having an opinion junior, i just reckon your wrong and if you cannot handle someone else telling you that you are wrong then you are the one with a problem, all i said was bullshit, i did not start calling you names so pull your fucking head in mate.

H8CHIR6KU
10th June 2009, 03:20 AM
i can handle people telling me im wrong, but how can someone have an opinion from their own personnal experiences when people like you, who think it must be your way or no way, call bullshit on thier opinion. after all snapped axles don't lie

you could have approached this whole thing differently:
"i disagree i have never had a problem with 28 spline r31 axles blah blah blah"
^^^ see how i did that, so polite and yet still getting your opinion across. now if you had typed that and then i said "bullshit nah your wrong" then im sure that you would have been pissed off too. think about it!

now go to bed before the aged care nurses get angry at you! haha

Golberg
10th June 2009, 04:35 AM
This ends now.

MJ86
10th June 2009, 01:50 PM
No worries, i probably could have said bullshit in a nicer way but i don`t think it would have made any difference, i was disputing his knowledge it was not a personal attack unlike when he called me dumbass, but hey i would not expect any different from someone who talks about violating women on a public forum nuff said.

H8CHIR6KU
10th June 2009, 03:36 PM
Haha that was a good nite

Lost Prophet
10th June 2009, 06:05 PM
blown86 is running a r31 diff and has a Kaaz 2 way for it. I think the addition of the r31 LSD to their product list is fairly recent.

lloydious86
10th June 2009, 06:49 PM
HAHA! Maybe we could have a r31 diff violation day

H8CHIR6KU
10th June 2009, 07:16 PM
Talkinh bout diffs how long till your car is running. Im trying to guage when to hire collie out. Atm tho it seems no ones car will be ready till october/november. So next available time will be jan next year. Which isn to bad cause there is no comps in jan.

lloydious86
11th June 2009, 12:43 AM
myne will be up and running this weekend hehe, but still have work to do, but uh better go for it in jan and sounds like a mad idea and ill definetly be there! but that way well have everybody there reppin 86DEECCCCEE! wich will be great

H8CHIR6KU
11th June 2009, 10:20 AM
yeah its gonna be invite only cause we are limiting spots to 25 max for the 2 days. should be awesome most positions are 86 crew

Nikkojoe
11th June 2009, 03:44 PM
Id be interested in that, my car should be ready well before then.

H8CHIR6KU
11th June 2009, 09:22 PM
i will put u on the list then

lloydious86
12th June 2009, 06:54 PM
farking awesome any help you need let me know glad to help out to get underway and done etc etc

rxbenny
21st June 2009, 02:18 AM
how would i get on the collie list?

H8CHIR6KU
21st June 2009, 12:37 PM
you have to be invited.

but i can put you on the short list in case a spot opens up. there are limited places so i cant invite everyone.

what car will you drive? been to collie before? you know the guys well on dc?

FLCL
29th June 2009, 11:32 PM
how goes this collie list aaron?

who you talking to at collie to rent it out? details on cost and stuff cos i just took over silwa motorsports co-ord job and will be looking into this also.

Beserker99
30th June 2009, 01:48 AM
will there be dancing girls down at collie? lol

H8CHIR6KU
30th June 2009, 10:55 AM
would you be interested kev?

atm its so fucking hard to hire collie. its booked out till jan thats why i booked jan. so much paperwork aswell. esp now cause collie is now cams run. which also means i have to make a cams approved car club to run this event... means more money and paperwork

Matt-AE86
30th June 2009, 04:18 PM
Just saw the huge fisty cuffs.

IMO' R31 diff would be a fine upgrade. I have played with a mate on his R31 and swapped out and stripped axles. The alxes in them were incredibly large, aswell as the spline. Bigger than my F series thats for sure. Also you CAN get Kaaz 2way for them now. Our local guy Jacek has one in his now and original ran a mini spool. the only downsides I see are

-I was told by a reputable person that the borg warners are weak, but just the centre itself. You can replace it with the mini spool or kaaz.
- The brakes are fucking pitta. cables/pistons.. Unless you go throuhg replacing the lot, cables/rebuild/exhange calipers, it doesn't seem worth it. Unless you are in love wiht a hydro handbrake.

Matt-AE86
30th June 2009, 04:28 PM
would you be interested kev?

atm its so fucking hard to hire collie. its booked out till jan thats why i booked jan. so much paperwork aswell. esp now cause collie is now cams run. which also means i have to make a cams approved car club to run this event... means more money and paperwork

That is fucking gheeeeeeeeeey. Owell. See how it pan's out. They are southerners after all. Hopefully they still let heaps of shit slide :)

FLCL
30th June 2009, 10:33 PM
fark... cams licence ey.. hmm guess i cant put that off any longer. and january would make it a nice b'day month lol. I would be keen for it. 86 might be deregistered by then tho. depending on me if ic an stop spending money on the s13. >.>

well if we can bodge a car club to get cams affiliation that would be sweet i guess. would we be able to use the clubs name if i was to say run a day down there with other people also?

H8CHIR6KU
1st July 2009, 09:12 PM
yeah i spose thats the upside to it aswell is that members would be able to use the club affilition for more track days aswell as you get more leway(?) with ahg. ontop of that if you want your cams license you dont need to buy wascc membership(unless dorifto is your thang).

it would be good if ae86dc was cams affiliated then i wouldnt have all this bullshit work to do. but i don't really wanna rely on this happening

lloydious86
1st July 2009, 11:05 PM
fark this sounding nasty, how official does this "club" have to be can you just make up the name on the spot hey presto cams approved race club?

H8CHIR6KU
1st July 2009, 11:45 PM
nah need to make a "constitution" need to have president and money man. then need an abn and shiznit like that. then they need to approve it even after you have all these things. i will have to do this over the next month so i can organize it all for january.

on top of that because i have to have an abn. collie charge the club not me, this means i have to pay gst on hiring the track. but atm it still looks like it will cost around the 400 mark as long as the insurance doesnt get crazy expensive.

but i still have to fork out fees for becoming a club just to do this

Dazzla86
2nd July 2009, 12:08 AM
guys there is a group buy on at the moment on toymods for f series lsd's

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49501&highlight=group

if this is any help also, or just use Ma61 lsd centres

lloydious86
2nd July 2009, 10:29 PM
thanx dazzla, shit aaron your a top bloke for doing this all! when do you think youll know the finilastion of track hire and costs in total and seperate for the 20 or so people

H8CHIR6KU
3rd July 2009, 08:09 PM
maybe a month or so