PDA

View Full Version : Tallys KE70 Daily

Tally
18th June 2008, 03:36 PM
Hey guys.
My names Tally and this is my KE70.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5365/image070yg3.jpg

Basically have cleaned it up since I bought it. Was a driving instructor's car.
Car had a head problem and needed an exhaust so I chucked a 3K head on it and 2" system.

I recently put the fender mirrors on it.
I wanted to go for the JDM look, and as I didn't have a left mirror I jumped to the chance to put some fender mirrors on.
They are original style repo ones off eBay. I think they look alright.

I also was looking for some advice on my suspension as I am having a few problems with it.

Basically my uncle chopped the springs and so now every time I go over a bump or dip the back end just slams to the ground.
I knew it had something to do with the shocks so I asked my cousin and he said that my shocks were bottoming out. Like when they fully compress and can't compress anymore.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. It's a daily driver/cruiser so don't want to go too drift spec you know what I mean.
I hate body roll as well so id like to do sumtin about that too.

But id like to upgrade my suspension to better then standard. Anything up to $1000 bucks.

Also have a KE25 corolla that I'm fixing up but thats a whole different story :P

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/171854.jpg

Cheers
Tally

Robo86
18th June 2008, 05:06 PM
Cool as man, i actually really dig the mirrors!!

As for suspension, keep an eye out around the parts for sale section on here. alot of suspension comes and goes.
i would recommend some kyb short stroke shocks all round, some 7kg, 5kg springs to go with and a strut brace or something. if you wanna buy new, hit up the sponser on here called AJPS, dave will help you out.

good luck bud.
robo.

Sherlock
18th June 2008, 10:29 PM
Minty fresh! Nearly bought this thing back in the day. Is it still Auto?

Oh and definitely hit up Dave at AJPS for your suspension needs. Quality stuff!

Hachi Roku
18th June 2008, 10:40 PM
lol at the shocks... fender mirrors ftw

nice car

federal
18th June 2008, 10:44 PM
looks clean, what one you bringing to the BBQ on sunday?

and yeah PM truenosedan for suspension stuff....

THANKS FOR POSTING UNDER MY ACCOUNT AJPS

Tally
18th June 2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the help.

Yep still auto. Got a five speed box for it, but still need to get the rest of the parts needed.

Will defiantly go through AJPS, have heard alot about them since I got into the corolla scene lol.

KE25 isnt ready, needs brakes and a tidy up, but ill bring the KE70. don't know many other dudes with corollas but ill come down for sure.

Cheers
Tally

nathanhann
19th June 2008, 12:51 AM
Tally as a quick fix for your suspension just go to u pull it and go to the ea to ed? falcon range and get the springs out of them, they'll be like 40 bucks. and then save some hard earned moneys for ajps gear.

duste
19th June 2008, 09:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NathanHann @ Jun 18 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=548548)</div>
Tally as a quick fix for your suspension just go to u pull it and go to the ea to ed? falcon range and get the springs out of them, they'll be like 40 bucks. and then save some hard earned moneys for acps gear.[/b]

nice car does it have passenger side break pedal in it yeah use falcon springs and some new shockers will b mint

Tally
19th June 2008, 11:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NathanHann @ Jun 18 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=548548)</div>
Tally as a quick fix for your suspension just go to u pull it and go to the ea to ed? falcon range and get the springs out of them, they'll be like 40 bucks. and then save some hard earned moneys for ajps gear.[/b]
Sounds good man, ill look into it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buddy Parts @ Jun 19 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=548628)</div>
nice car does it have passenger side break pedal in it yeah use falcon springs and some new shockers will b mint[/b]
yea doesnt have the pedal but the mechanism is still there so if you put pressure on it it will pull the brake pedal down lol.

RobertoX
19th June 2008, 02:58 PM
have you seen pics of ke25 racers ke25? they look tough

Tally
19th June 2008, 04:11 PM
yes have seen pics of his. Looks very nice.

Tally
14th August 2008, 04:45 PM
Hey guys

Nuttin much been going on with my Corolla, just driving it. Ive just mocked up two photoshops to two possible styles I could go for.

Tell me what you think. I like the rims+whitewalls.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7342/ke70rimswhitewallscopygu8.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/175227.jpg

Cheers
Tally

benzo
14th August 2008, 06:15 PM
I like the top mesh style rims Tally, I love my Crown hubbies but they suit old skool cars better ay.

Need to get some venetians on this bad boy

Hows the KE25 going on ebay?

Cheers, Ben.

Tally
15th September 2008, 10:55 PM
Yea me two.
Still got the KE25, aint going no where soon by the looks of it.

Update: Picked up some T-18 bumpers. Rear is mint, front has a bit of surface rust, might paint them silver.

Still doing my research on suspension. :turned:

Cheers
Tally

Tally
21st September 2008, 03:59 PM
So I fitted the Front Bar yesterday.
Slops a little on one side as the bracket is damaged but I fitted it as best as I could.
Will tackle the rear next weekend.