PDA

View Full Version : MotoX/Fmx

Low Style
30th December 2008, 08:56 AM
Hey guys,

just wondering who here rides dirt bikes? where do you ride.

i live in brisbane so i usually go to black duck valley but word on the street is they are closing down.

whats your best trick?

LittleRedSpirit
30th December 2008, 01:30 PM
Black Duck wont close. The hardcore riders start those rumours to discourage people to go there and get the tracks to themselves.

I ride too, I have a CRF 450R, 08 model. I usually go to Black Duck, or Motocross mountain is cool too at Yarraman, I like it more than Blackduck. Ive heard there's good riding up at Beerburrum in the forest, they let you ride their nowadays, as long as you stay off the public roads.

My best trick is not crashing. I dig hillclimbs and trails the most.

Low Style
30th December 2008, 02:05 PM
i have riden Beerburrum its not too bad

nothing like wheeling up the highway on the dirt track lol.

matt99
31st December 2008, 11:11 AM
I've riden most of my life, been racing for about 10 years now in Victoria, a little bit in the other states.

I dont particularly like bush riding and I stay far, far away from "freestyle".

Should we be posting pics too?
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/2/8/2605.jpg

Water Boy
31st December 2008, 02:40 PM
Guys Matt is a machine on a moto iv seen him race a few times! Someone should get on him for spono and we would see him up the pointy end of the National series :wub:

Dfectd_Drftr
3rd January 2009, 03:58 PM
Hi, Im Jamie and have been racing for just over 5 years now. Have been racing in some big series last year and am entering SEQ motox, SEQ enduro and NSW enduro champs this year. Also going in for the stadium motox series which runs in and around south yeast QLD. I will get some pics up soon. Black duck is closed officially now by the way as someone died at the christmas party. Got some good pics from when we were there last time though getting a train over the 100 foot table before they shortened it. Good to see we got some riders on here!!!

Hokey
6th January 2009, 11:49 PM
i'm like matt but heaps better:rolleyes:

into the trail riding more than motox or freestyle. prolly due to my heavy mofo WR426

LevinD1
7th January 2009, 01:46 AM
I've got a KTM 525EXC, ride mostly trails round where i live in Yanchep, WA. raced a few enduros im south west WA, nothin 2 serious, good fun but.

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
7th January 2009, 02:10 AM
I raced for 8 or 9 years over here in TAS, finished pointy end of feild for junior nationals in my class, turned senior and had a bad year of injuries and ended up having to give it away this time last year. Raced motocross, but also a few grasstracks and enduros here and there just to mix it up a bit. Couple of snaps, first from my year in seniors that went from this style to crash after crash... second from last year in juniors. Always ridden Honda, always will :P CRF250R's (had about 4 or 5 of them) and before that was 80cc 2 strokers etc....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/3/3236.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/3/3237.jpg

MeZ Prod
7th January 2009, 03:23 PM
what are your thoughts on a 125 thumpstar??

matt99
7th January 2009, 03:34 PM
i'm like matt but heaps better:rolleyes:

into the trail riding more than motox or freestyle. prolly due to my heavy mofo WR426

Your so dreamy Calvin, I want your first born.

Hokey
7th January 2009, 04:18 PM
yeh i totally am haha

we need to go bush riding fool!

and 125 pitbikes are totally gay in comparison to actual bikes. however if its all you're got they're still fun but you'll be wanting a proper bike real bad. i know i was :D

Dfectd_Drftr
7th January 2009, 07:28 PM
Yer it looks like it is going to be a big year. I lost all my snaps that i had from not long ago, will get some action shots at my local track this weekend. Got this old snap, just cruising around whilst waiting for practice to begin for this year's SEQ's. Haha got let out onto track before the others... the joys of being mates with the track owners! And a pic of the bike earlier in the year before the many engine rebuilds, frame damage and several (i mean 7) sets of handlebars! Also a nice pic of the old black duck valley from the top of the hill climb and enduro track 2.

matt99
7th January 2009, 08:28 PM
Maybe you should ride a Japanese bike and not a sewing machine on wheels?

Haha, sorry.

Dfectd_Drftr
8th January 2009, 08:18 AM
^^^LOL... Yer i get a lot of crap about that, but then again its true. Husky's are the slowest AND heaviest bike on the market (for competitive bikes), but then again when you come good in a race it feels a lot better. My mate also rides a yamaha matt99, dont yamaha make pianos?

fixeruperer
8th January 2009, 12:14 PM
at least yamaha dont make thongs hehe.
i thought the 2stroke huskies were good back in the day. are the 4strokes that bad are they ?

Rhys.
8th January 2009, 02:04 PM
rode bikes since i was 6, started in the whole minikhana thing when i was 7 got 2nd in NSW for that so decided to start racing when i was 10 at oakdale, appin, lake maquarie, nowra

Raced up until just before i turned 18 and broke both my ankles trying to clear the main tabletop at lake maq (anyone who has raced there would know why its so hard)....havent riden since..

looking at buying a crf50 soon though to get into the mini bike stuff..

Wasn't really into the freestyle but i enjoyed doing nac nacs because they were easy haha..

matt99
9th January 2009, 03:32 PM
My mate also rides a yamaha matt99, dont yamaha make pianos?

Quality Piano's, also 3SGE parts. Haha.

blacktopspirit
18th January 2009, 08:32 PM
I've had bikes from the age of 3 (heavy little Q50's) always had bikes but sold my last one when I was 17 to buy a car, haven't ridden since! and I'm 25 now!!! but over the last couple of weeks I've been teaching my mates girlfriend how to ride and have given serious thought about getting back into it, I borrowed a mates 03 KTM 125 today, and had a ball! just gotta get back to the way I was!

I have no money, so I'm thinking about buying an old late 90's KTM 250 just beat around the bush in.

matt99
19th January 2009, 02:22 PM
I have no money, so I'm thinking about buying an old late 90's KTM 250 just beat around the bush in.

Dont do it, buy Japanese, you know there god.

Hokey
19th January 2009, 03:27 PM
haha waiting for that.

would you get a sx or an exc?

enduro ftw :D

blacktopspirit
19th January 2009, 06:47 PM
EXC just for the bigger tank, when I used to go bush on my old old old old TT250 I would always have to cut it short because I kept getting close to empty, so bigger tank would be a major priority for me.

Matt I was also thinking about an RMX or a YZ but they seem to jump a bit in price even the early 90's models reach $2500, it should be a $1500 bike IMHO

matt99
19th January 2009, 08:53 PM
Yes, the advertised prices are always higher, but between what they ask for them, and what they end up selling them for is a big difference.

It comes down to what its really going to end up costing you, repairs and parts on a KTM are generally through the roof compared to a Yamaha, and when we are talking about bikes from the mid 90's the KTMs are always in more frequent need of maintenance and repair.

If you do decide to buy, let me know.

AE86R
21st January 2009, 07:40 PM
sold her last week, just wanna find something like the old days, 2stroke and sluggish lol.
Reppin Suzuki
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/1/0/4333.jpg

shirerolla
22nd January 2009, 01:15 AM
+1 suzuki

matt99
22nd January 2009, 03:33 PM
Someone gave me a ride on a new injected CRF450 the other day.

Talk about response, but I suppose thats what you get with EFI. It was good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Got a steep head tube angle, feels good on a tight supercross track.

driftke70
4th February 2009, 01:20 PM
i went 4 stroke for a wee while buy my heart is in 2 strokes,

i have had over 20 bikes from the age of 5, most i bought in basket cases for a few hundred dollars, wleded and filed new teeth onto sprokets etc. Now i ride an 07 cr250, my fav bike I had was my 99 cr500, skimmed head, high comp wiseco piston, boyson reeds, port work, i HAD to use a pretty bald back tyre otherwise it just lifted the front end all the time.,any gear any revs give it a twist and it would come straight up. Im planning to do the baja 1000 in 2 years time on an xr650 and am saving for it now. I did a reccie run over there last year to check it out.

I mainly ride trails but still get to tracks when i can

Dfectd_Drftr
31st July 2009, 04:22 PM
Got day off so thought I would post some pics of my new ride, KX450. Went to my first meeting racing in opens the other week and got 6th so I guess I'm happy with the bike. Rides great.

blacktopspirit
31st July 2009, 07:30 PM
It's safe to say I would kill myself on that /\

I finally bought a bike

well sorta, I picked up 2 Pitpro bikes at a Garage sale a 125 and a 140 for $500 both in pretty good condition.

I was supposed to buy a proper bike but I also bought an offroad buggy so I had no money left over for a real bike

khoala
1st August 2009, 02:12 AM
fuck thats cheap man +1 for you

matt99
3rd August 2009, 10:17 PM
fuck thats cheap man +1 for you

Not really. We pay no more than $100 for these things. Then again, thats a job for us, for him, its just some fun.

So kudos, now fix them, sell them, buy real bike.

blacktopspirit
4th August 2009, 08:00 AM
they didn't really need to be fixed, one had a flat tire and the other one's foot peg snapped off

tire was fixed in about 10 min and foot peg welded in about the same time

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
4th August 2009, 06:48 PM
Someone gave me a ride on a new injected CRF450 the other day.

Talk about response, but I suppose thats what you get with EFI. It was good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Got a steep head tube angle, feels good on a tight supercross track.Had mine for a little over a month now, response is not the word for it! Other things that stand out for me with this compared to say my '07 CRF250 I had is the handling and balance, the new 450 is so easy to ride (low centre of gravity, feels like a pushy) and I thought the 250F was great! :omg:

matt99
4th August 2009, 08:45 PM
Had mine for a little over a month now, response is not the word for it! Other things that stand out for me with this compared to say my '07 CRF250 I had is the handling and balance, the new 450 is so easy to ride (low centre of gravity, feels like a pushy) and I thought the 250F was great! :omg:

Yeah, around my supercross track the hadling was superb. However I found the head tube angle was too steep for my liking when riding it around my motorcross track.

That in mind, suspension was'nt set up for me, and im just a single opinion.

Dfectd_Drftr
5th August 2009, 08:12 AM
Yer suspension setup is getting a big issues nowadays. I race competitive enduro (state titles etc) and club/ SEQ motocross and I find that I have to constantly change my setup jumping from mx to the trails. CRF450 goes well, however I like the new husky tc250's with the 300cc kit in them.

blacktopspirit
12th December 2009, 03:27 PM
I have
1 x 125 pitpro
1 x 140 pitpro
1 x 200 maxis
1 x offroad buggy

I want to swap all these things for a real bike plus cash adjustment your way

I'm looking for a 2 stroke 250cc, was thinking Suzuki RMX.... but will consider anything you have to offer.

125 runs perfect but has flat front tire.

140 runs perfect but has seen some heavy use and is starting show cosmetically.

200 runs perfect, electric start, I beleive road registrable, but has been used in the bush so cosmetically average.

Buggy will run with some work, has an old RM100 motor, and will scar the shit out of you when going, needs muffler & kick start. I think it just needs a tune, I had it idling a couple of months ago but would stall when put in gear, mate f**ked with the carby and now I can't get it going again, but goes really well when going.

I will pay $1000 plus all the above for the right bike.

if you want pics send me your email and I'll try and organise them, may be a little hard as they're all located in different area's, so be patient.

I'm located in Monbulk Vic

contact me through here or email bsdutton at bigpond.com

fun for the whole family!

and where else can i post this, motox forums and shit?

45KIDS
21st July 2010, 06:53 PM
Selling my 2009 Rmz450 if anyone is interested. Has $3000 worth of suspension, renthal twinwall bars etc and only had 10 hours worth of riding. Hell fun bike but riding for QB4 i dont get a chance to ride anything but kawi's.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/7/49404.jpg (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/photo2ci.jpg/)

Price is nego atm. just throw me some offers. would swap for 86/ke70 with cash adjustment either way!

fixeruperer
22nd July 2010, 09:43 PM
my rm 65 !!! wooooo look out hahah. i actually wanna sell this thing, to small for me, still picks me up in 1st and 2nd without effort haha.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~fmj/rm651.jpghttp://members.iinet.net.au/~fmj/rm6512.jpg

fergie
23rd July 2010, 09:23 PM
how much for your 65 itd be a sweet bike to learn backys