PDA

View Full Version : Who's into scorpions

Gunner
23rd June 2008, 05:38 PM
Anyone into scorpions,
I've got 8 of the little gangsters at the moment, very interesting little buggers.

Anyone actually into collecting them?

Cheers
Rhys

riojin
23rd June 2008, 05:42 PM
i don't but thats pretty cool.

what do you feed them? i would be tempted to breed mice just to watch the scorpions kill them

Gunner
23rd June 2008, 05:52 PM
their only aussie scorps so they don't get too big, not big enough for a mouse, but i feed em crickets, little wolf spiders, shit like that

HachiRoku
23rd June 2008, 06:39 PM
Cool. I used to keep scorpions, dung beetles and geckos when I was young, just caught from the bush. Now I just have tropical fish.

Where do you buy your scorpions from, and do you need a license?

Gunner
23rd June 2008, 08:15 PM
Petshop (expensive), www.thegreenscorpion.com.au (alot of good info on there) or you go bush and catch the bastards. No licence needed, as long as your not catchin for commercial sale.

howee
23rd June 2008, 09:58 PM
wel scorpions.. mm i nearly stood on one yonks ago... then got attacked by wasps...

ive got a pond with gold fish, shabunkans so forth... need a tank.

scorpions would be weird lol... id be scared that they would get out and killlll

howee

quadeyquade
23rd June 2008, 10:03 PM
as in the car? i prefer sprinters actually

samuel
23rd June 2008, 10:11 PM
I know this is offtopic

but its a scorpion topic guys...

please keep to that

GAKI86
25th June 2008, 10:50 AM
harvest their poison and threaten people with it!!!

Gunner
25th June 2008, 08:31 PM
I think threatening with the actual scorpion would be more effective, the Urodacus yaschenkoi their desert scorps, I can't touch them, they're nuts , they'll charge at ya, so I'd just chuck em at people.

Rhys

driftke70
25th June 2008, 09:46 PM
in south africa we had fat tail scorpions which could kill pretty much anything. And they only strike once and are pretty lazy, but we had some smaller black ones, wernt really smaller just "lower" and had a smaller tail, they were way more aggressive and striked a couple of times and could still kill.

Gunner
25th June 2008, 10:21 PM
yeah we don't have anythin ike that here, and you can't import scorps, sadm scorpions lol. They sound cool I wish i had somethin that deadly.

Sturgey
25th June 2008, 10:38 PM
love the death stalker scorpion :D
hardly ever see scorpions down here though tad cold for em
we have like 1 specie down here called the Crucella Squarma