PDA

View Full Version : LilSlvrRolla's KE70

lilslvrrolla
5th July 2008, 08:49 PM
Hey,

Just thought I'd start a thread on my KE, nearly had it a year now and I have to start working on it more! Advice would be great, project needs pointers. And maybe someone will read this one lol…

Bought for a damn good price off eBay, delivered to my door and I proceeded on the roadworthy.

The mods list so far is quite short,

14x7" (but some dude reckoned there 6?) 185/60R14
Slightly cut falcoons in the rear
Wheel
Stereo
Ditched the boot lock for a solenoid
Home made LED Autometer tacho dash

The parts accumulating yet to go on list,

RA40 LCA's, new ball joints and bushes
XT130 struts
94 4Runner calipers (that came off a 4Runner with the plates "LEMON4")
Machined Peugeot rotors on the XT hubs
(all the rest of the brake/suspension conversion parts are too easy to get in a day minus the springs…)
Whiteline panhard
KYB VP FE2 rear shocks
Cut the falcons shorter

Once the car handles and stops I'm getting stuck into some kind of typical 4A-GE conversion, turbo's on the cards but the thought of a noice 20V really has me hooked.
The 4K is driving me insane right now, along with the ride height… Can't seem to get any front springs at the mo, 6Kg's and my damn brakes can go in and I'm a very happy boy.

I have a great list of “want" parts that keeps getting longer. All the usuals for the KE/AE's

Also I think the rear wheel arches have seen better days, lacking a bit o metal. I don't know what to do. Bolt on flares, get it repaired professionally (can' weld yet) or cut up somebody's hot water service and bog that in :D Bolt on flares look damn good just I don't have the offset to match :(

[attachment=28659:ke1.jpg]

[attachment=28660:_DSC6810_copy.jpg]
Has to get painted soon so I can drive the bloody thing on a wet day again!!! Arse is half in primer because there where a few repairs and mods in that end. I'm sick of looking at it like this. Soon to be painted white. More photos of the whole car on my blog.

Right now I just want to get on a racetrack or go hill climbing, once I get the confidence I have to drift. I love driving this thing, she just needs a little refinement. This is only the start/future parts car, I also hope to do a real damn good AE86 next or a clean KE70/AE71.

kewagon
5th July 2008, 11:02 PM
looks liek an awsoem project man, the xt130 struts and pugeot/hilux brakes arnt seen very often now but thumbs up for doing it, looks kinda awsoem with the miss matched panels and shit, will look much better when those rails are a bit closer to the ground, chop chop chop

lilslvrrolla
6th July 2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks dude :D Yeah the brakes are a bit of overkill and heavy too. Depends on my mood sometimes I don't mind a multicoloured rolla. Can't wait to drop it on its guts :D

Ksevn-T
6th July 2008, 03:27 AM
the po pull you up much for having a mul-ti-random coloured car? Looks hell ghetto tho!!

lilslvrrolla
6th July 2008, 12:09 PM
Ghetto damnstraight!

Cop's haven't really seen it yet I think, or I haven't seen many cops looking? Probably blends in with the rest of the shit heaps around here tho, I just have less small patches of primer all over my car :D

lilslvrrolla
15th July 2008, 10:06 PM
I now need flares HAHA. You can see straight through the boot to the ground on the right angle because the bog fell out... But what flares to get?

The back seat's gone now. Sounds great :D but I only shed 17kg's with that :( Oh and it pays to be careful when removing the seat, found a syringe :2thumbs: (love to know what that dark red stain on the back seat is too) Have to sort the parcel shelf now.

[attachment=28661:kkk.jpg]

4K exhaust manifold gaskets gone for the 3rd time now. Who cares.

Getting 7.1kg coilovers in the front now too :D Thanks to Custom Compact. Dimitri = Legend

And I think its time to strip for painting. I just can't pick a colour. Off white, beige or red again? I can't decide.

Hally
15th July 2008, 10:39 PM
go poo brown or beige for colour dude.bad luk about the syringe some nasty c**t must of owned it though ay.

lilslvrrolla
15th July 2008, 10:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hally @ Jul 15 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=561980)</div>
go poo brown or beige for colour dude.bad luk about the syringe some nasty c**t must of owned it though ay.[/b]

Haha I'm thinkin beige today, maybe.

I reckon ravers. Club flyers n shit shoved under the backseat as well, along with $4.25 :2thumbs: Get a funny feelin someone died in that shitty back seat too lol

lilslvrrolla
26th July 2008, 12:11 AM
Spent the last 3 days getting ready to paint the bugger. Essex white, with a few black panels thrown in for good measure. Oh and the coilover sleeves n springs turned up today!!! Huge thanks to Slydar!!!
[attachment=28901:_DSC7092.jpg] [attachment=28902:_DSC7105.jpg]
Rear guards are cactus, soo much rust and stuff fell out when I went to clean it. So I'll sort that out with some flares after the cars painted (only got the compressor for another week, can't see myself gettin flares soon either).

Once I've totaly smoothed out the front guards tommorow, I'll start on primer.
[attachment=28903:_DSC7068.jpg]
Hate my wheels...

blair
26th July 2008, 09:44 AM
what shocks you gonna run with the coilover kit?

the left rear guard is well gooooone

lilslvrrolla
26th July 2008, 10:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blair @ Jul 26 2008, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=566915)</div>
what shocks you gonna run with the coilover kit?

the left rear guard is well gooooone[/b]

For now I'm going to use ST185 KYB Excel G's, unless AGX's are not too much more lol...

Oh yeah, its gone. Not a lot left of the inner metal hahha.

Ksevn-T
26th July 2008, 02:03 PM
You found a seringe in the back seat! :o

Looking forward to seeing bolt-on flairs! Thinking of makin my own out of some KE fenders that are chillen round here.

Keep us posted!

lilslvrrolla
28th July 2008, 09:44 PM
Well, the whole thing's in primer. First time I've ever painted a car and the primer actually looks alright. Don't think the paints going to look brilliant, there's still ding's and scratches showing through the primer. But it's gonna be white and from a distance, you shouldn't see too much?

Guard's are done, I think I'm happy with them. Can always get new ones hahah. Pity about the rear's.

I thinks I'll sort the manifold gasket before I put it all back together, don't want to screw up the guards leaning on them.

[attachment=29008:_DSC7076_copy.jpg]

Can't wait to finish the paint and get working on the coilovers and brakes :D

ke70dave
29th July 2008, 09:42 AM
very nice job on those guards!

I'm starting to wish i spent time on my front guards before i painted....

oh well!

gonna look great with a nice lick of paint :2thumbs: (ooh that rhymes..)

slydar
29th July 2008, 10:54 AM
nice progress, should be awesome.

lilslvrrolla
9th August 2008, 08:27 PM
AHHH!!! Finally. Painted...

Clear coat was finished last weekend and I started to put some bits on today (have a cold so no fast progress).

Boy I learnt a lot about painting... But for my first try I'm bloody happy and spray painting is so bloody easy! More prep work for the next paint job on a car though.

But again I'm just learning with this car, and I'll keep hanging out for an 86.

[attachment=29529:DSC_1977_copy.jpg]

I'll have a crack at buffing soon, then I'll get working on the rear guards. I've bought some KE70 front guards to chop up and weld in latter down the track (if I end up buying a MIG, might have to).

Now I've really got to start on a 20V soon, I hate the 4K and I really wanna drive this more haha...

lilslvrrolla
24th August 2008, 09:52 PM
Nearly finished!!! Can't believe it. Needs a bit more buffing now but paint wise it's nearly all over (maybe touch up a few red patches on the bonnet too…). Oh and might need a little paint for when I get cutting up the rear arches and welding the front arches into them. Stupid not knowing how to weld lol, should borrow the TIG from work.

[attachment=30095:_DSC7659.jpg]

[attachment=30099:DSC_2151_copy.jpg]

Might end up with a set of new superlights now, I want mesh but I'm guessing the superlights will end up cheaper and be easier to get and hopefully fill up the guards. I really need to look into wheels.

Now I'm really just waiting for funds to accumulate so I can start on the 20v :D

I'm loving the chrome strips on the doors now, I was at the wreckers not realizing I was standing on them to get the guards off the top KE70. Shit myself when I realized two KE70's were only sitting on two stacked pairs of rims in the mud…

[attachment=30097:DSC_2113.jpg]

To chop up.

[attachment=30098:DSC_2146.jpg]