PDA

View Full Version : Clutch for smallport

enigma
7th July 2008, 05:35 PM
hey, i just need some help in getting the correct clutch for a smallport conversion into my 86. i hear the smallport has a bigger flywheel than the bigport. I'm not sure if that means there is a diffent rwd kit for each. i was looking at a exedy HD

slydar
7th July 2008, 06:10 PM
you wont be able to buy it as a "clutch kit" with the release bearing off the shelf.

youll need to get the clutch cover and disc for an ae93 sx and the release bearing for an ae71 or ae86. same for the spigot bearing, which you should change at the same time, as it will be worn out too for sure.

the friction surface is 212mm.

smaller companies like NPC will be able to supply you all the parts you need together, i can source you one if you want.

also, if the car is na, honestly youre much better off down sizing to a 200mm flywheel. clutchs are cheaper, still have ample power handling, and youre more likely to be able to source a nice light weight flywheel for a better price in that size.

enigma
7th July 2008, 06:30 PM
thank you mr slydar. you have been very helpful. could you please pm me a price for the 200mm clutch. thanks

DRFTR86
7th July 2008, 06:45 PM
speaking of this, is there any known problems running a small port fly with a t50, starter and such all fine???

slydar
7th July 2008, 07:33 PM
yeah, completely fine, same ring gear on all most all A series engines.

RobertoX
7th July 2008, 07:51 PM
got them, from stock to full cusco kits

but sounds like you need a replacement kit

Arch
7th July 2008, 08:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drftr86 @ Jul 11 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=557869)</div>
speaking of this, is there any known problems running a small port fly with a t50, starter and such all fine???[/b]

There is no problem running a 212mm smallport flywheel in a RWD configuration with a T50 gbox, if that was the question you were asking.

:)

DRFTR86
8th July 2008, 02:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arch @ Jul 7 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=558028)</div>
There is no problem running a 212mm smallport flywheel in a RWD configuration with a T50 gbox, if that was the question you were asking.

:)[/b]

yeah that was what i was asking, thanks for clearing that up