PDA

View Full Version : Drift Sr Ke70

prescott
8th July 2008, 04:25 PM
My Gf and I are currently building a keto for her to drift, i thought I'd put up a project thread, we're building it and doing all the fabrication work between ourselves (it helps that both our dads own engineering companies :whistling: )

Big thanks to Ric at Upgarge/ProjectD for helping us out with lots of parts etc!

To start with it'll be NA, then going turbo when she's learnt a bit more ;)

Specs (ish) -

Engine/driveline:

- Sr20de conversion
- Custom Engine/gearbox mounts
- Custom trans tunnel
- S13 turbo flywheel/HD clutch/gearbox
- Manual KE70 pedal box with Celica clutch master cylinder.
- Custom 1 piece tailshaft
- Welded standard diff (for now), then hoping to go R31 with disks when the stock diff breaks
- Custom Surge tank, random ford lifter pump, R33 turbo main pump
- S13 turbo radiator/thermo's
- Low mount turbo exhaust manifold (gonna use that with out a turbo for now, saves buying 2 manifolds)
- Custom straight through exhaust, with the biggest hot dog resonator I can get

Interior:

- Fixed back bucket seat
- 4 point harness
- Custom aluminium dash/switch panel
- Completely stripped, will be resprayed at some point
- Full weld in cage in the future
- Aluminium door skins and rear seat/parcel shelf panel thingo

Exterior

- Respray in something (GF wants red, or satin black or something)
- Random jap 14's
- Flared guards
- Fendor mirrors (If i can talk her into them)
- Possibly chrome bumpers or even ae86 front

Suspension:

- S13 front coilovers/hub/LCA's (I'm looking at buying a brand new pair of ISC's)
- S13 sr20det front brakes
- Ford rear springs (picked up some random king heavy duty ones from Pick and payless, gonna see if they fit), cut to height
- Lowered commodore KYB shocks
- Front and rear whiteline sway bars

So far we've got the engine in, the interior stripped out, and I'm starting on some of the custom stuff this week. We're just interested in getting it running first, then do some exterior work/cage etc later on.

Pics:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/173035.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/173036.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/173037.jpg

RobertoX
8th July 2008, 06:27 PM
should be good fun! their good NA too

keep the front susp toyota (ae86)

also - buy some good coilovers especially if youre heart is set of the s13 stuff :)

Simon-AE86
8th July 2008, 06:36 PM
More pics? Looking sweet..

Simon-AE86
8th July 2008, 06:48 PM
Why the need for the custom tunnel?

An SR and box fits in the stock tunnel no worries... and if using an RB box no need to cut out the shifter hole also.

I'm doing the same conversion atm to my Daily... KE70 with S14 VVT NA SR. Using the s14 crossmember it all drops in way too easy ;)

Looking forward to seeing more pics tho.

Simon-AE86
8th July 2008, 06:52 PM
added: and for gods sake don't run ISC coilovers in it....

prescott
8th July 2008, 08:40 PM
The pictures don't show it too well, but we mived the engine quite far back, also it allows us to remove the gearbox without removing the whole engine. That and we got carried away with the angle grinder ;) The car won't be registered either.

I had heard the ISC N1's to be quite good? At least in an S13? I've already bought the hubs/brakes, and have the LCA's out of my old R31 skyline (not S13 as I said before.) They are approx 20-30mm longer each side, so I might have to extend or make custom tie rod ends also.

I have some more pics to upload soon also.

Does anyone know what those wheels are called? Or are they just random unknown ones?

E7
8th July 2008, 09:52 PM
nothing of isc is good.....

crackett
8th July 2008, 10:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (E7 @ Jul 8 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=558693)</div>
nothing of isc is good.....[/b]

OR....

-Racing Logic
-That shitty purple brand.

All made in the same China factory...

Simon-AE86
8th July 2008, 10:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prescott @ Jul 8 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=558626)</div>
The pictures don't show it too well, but we mived the engine quite far back, also it allows us to remove the gearbox without removing the whole engine. That and we got carried away with the angle grinder ;) The car won't be registered either.

I had heard the ISC N1's to be quite good? At least in an S13? I've already bought the hubs/brakes, and have the LCA's out of my old R31 skyline (not S13 as I said before.) They are approx 20-30mm longer each side, so I might have to extend or make custom tie rod ends also.

I have some more pics to upload soon also.

Does anyone know what those wheels are called? Or are they just random unknown ones?[/b]

Good idea on the removing the box trick... makes it handy. Ive got mine sitting right back against the firewall and no mods to the tunnel for the box to fit, however if i need to change clutch its an engine out job.

As for coilovers... nah the ISC's are shit quality

jono86
9th July 2008, 06:24 PM
wow i suppose anyone doing this converison to be different would look like an idiot these days haha.

looking good dude. whare you located??

prescott
9th July 2008, 06:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jono86 @ Jul 9 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=559135)</div>
wow i suppose anyone doing this converison to be different would look like an idiot these days haha.

looking good dude. whare you located??[/b]

We're in Belrose, which is on the Northern Beachs, Sydney.

Yeh, I've seen quite a few Sr Keto's, it was initially meant to be a budget project, although in hindsight we might as well have just got a race only S13 or 180 :rolleyes:

batts
10th July 2008, 12:51 PM
Hi Guys, i'm the GF in question :P

And yes in hidsight it probably would have been easier to get an s13/180, but at the time this was a good idea :P that and i just like the corolla . . . a very girl thing, but i don't care, its my baby :P

can't wait to get it running finally :D

johl
10th July 2008, 04:01 PM
its official!!!!
a girl actually likes ke70's.... lol.
nice build so far. more pics plz