PDA

View Full Version : BMX Bitches!

marvis
30th December 2008, 02:07 PM
I know a few people here ride.

Discuss.

marvis
30th December 2008, 02:08 PM
Oh, Finially got my Eclat Complex pc Seat.. Sooo good.

45KIDS
30th December 2008, 05:57 PM
how long have u been waiting for that seat now marv?

worth the purchase?

orange32
30th December 2008, 09:18 PM
i went for a ride today.

After about 20mins i was absolutely drenched in sweat. Its too damn hot and humid.

Just Half Steppin
30th December 2008, 09:51 PM
went for a roll today while "working"...got pretty boring pretty quickly...need more peeps rolling out

marvis
30th December 2008, 09:57 PM
how long have u been waiting for that seat now marv?

worth the purchase?
For sure.
Waited a few months. Haha. It took a while for them to release it from when they showed it on their website. Ordered it the day dans got it and got it in under a week.

i went for a ride today.

After about 20mins i was absolutely drenched in sweat. Its too damn hot and humid.
I reckon.

Low Style
31st December 2008, 09:55 AM
i ride a shit old bike lol

all my friends are too pussy to start riding dirt with me again

Jdm-Mcc
31st December 2008, 10:17 AM
Im really regreting selling my bmx right now as im having urges to ride street ,I have a Mountain Bi-Cycle for down hill sessions yooow, aint the same :-(

matt99
31st December 2008, 10:57 AM
Im really regreting selling my bmx right now as im having urges to ride street ,I have a Mountain Bi-Cycle for down hill sessions yooow, aint the same :-(

Want to buy my sunday wave? I have too many BMX's.

I really should start riding again but I have a habbit of breaking elbows. Maybe I should just stick to dirt concidering I cant ride street anyway.

Sam-Q
31st December 2008, 11:42 AM
Mavis, whats so special about this seat?

I went out of my way to use an I-beam design seat made by SDG so I could put the seat far back seeing layback seat posts dont exist anymore (I am like old and shit)

Jdm-Mcc
31st December 2008, 12:26 PM
Want to buy my sunday wave? I have too many BMX's.

I really should start riding again but I have a habbit of breaking elbows. Maybe I should just stick to dirt concidering I cant ride street anyway.

Naa thanks mate I have a habit of breaking arms plus gotta keep the ca$h directed at the car or i wont be driving any where real fast.Would love to get back into bmx but like many cannot afford it due to other money draining hobbies.

Beau
31st December 2008, 12:39 PM
i ride. well i did. been out of action for 6months. Busted my back for the 2nd time. just got the all clear to roll again. Buying a new bike..

Buying myself a deluxe frame. And fuck the new skool shit! Im going 44-16t and 10mm axels (running dx hubs) maybe even a quick release seat clamp for when i go riding with the mrs and when i hit the track!

Just Half Steppin
31st December 2008, 06:51 PM
DX hubs = teh heartz

marvis
31st December 2008, 08:45 PM
Mavis, whats so special about this seat?
I are marvis.
Light as fuck, one piece.
http://www.eclatbmx.com/images/stories/products/e-complexseat/complex2normal.jpg

:)

Jdm-Mcc
1st January 2009, 05:02 PM
looks slick marv how much do they retail for?

Just Half Steppin
1st January 2009, 11:48 PM
man, the whole bmx scene has turned to a bunch of pussies who have the need for the lightest bike in the world...

WTF

marvis
2nd January 2009, 01:02 AM
^ Hi.

I don't know. I had to get mine from the states. Was like $80 Delivered.

Beau
2nd January 2009, 07:24 AM
man, the whole bmx scene has turned to a bunch of pussies who have the need for the lightest bike in the world...

WTF

Nothing wrong with light bikes, if you come from a racing history where light bikes is the norm. I hate all these scene kids that cant ride, they just sit there on there 9kg $4000.00 bike and outfit and bitch and dont ride.

marvis
2nd January 2009, 07:29 AM
Light bikes ftw.

Fuck i wanna go for a streeter.

fly ryder
2nd January 2009, 10:22 AM
common guys, im pretty sure that any good rider about 3 years ago without all this light parts could rip just as good as a featherwieght one. OLDSKOOL FTW

my concern is y they all in girl jeans

Beau
2nd January 2009, 10:50 AM
True. BUT i grew up on light bikes so it was never a new or a fad thing to me.

But the light bike craze isnt as bad as some make it out to be. It reduced fatigue and what not for alot of the freestyle riders. made more tricks and combos accesible for most ppl and it really pulled BMX out of the dreads of the cycling world with designing and making some of the most inovating parts in the 21st century with some of the BMX parts and ideas being used it other parts of the cycling world.

In saying that though i think some people just take the light weight thing to a stupid level with making it a competition to have the lightest bike. i remember when i started riding skate parks more after i quite racing i had the lightest bike and everyone called me crazy but thats just how i rolled. Then i started noticing ppl trying to make their bikes lighter and i had ppl coming into the bike shop i worked at asking for tips and ways to make their bike lighter and so on. I saw ppl cutting parts out of their frames and silly things.

I had a mate whos bike weighed 7kg when built. Took him 2 weeks to build once he had the parts. 2 weeks.. why? cause he sanded down any excess paint and so on. It last a month before it snapped.

drift kid
2nd January 2009, 11:44 AM
i ride an eastern ramrodder 08', not amazingly good, but i enjoy ridin at the local skate park

45KIDS
2nd January 2009, 12:42 PM
Light bikes FTW!

I perfer to ride street and doing it with a heavy bike is sooooooo much harder then a light bike. But I don't go as far as cutting frames and sanding all paint.. Drilled rims and bars is a good way to lose abit of weight

blinded
2nd January 2009, 02:02 PM
Used to ride, gave up a few years ago after some nice bodily damage. Been keen to get back into it but will probably cost too much to get my bike decent again. WTP addict frame and some DK bars are the only semi good condition parts left.

anastasios
2nd January 2009, 02:05 PM
how old are you guys outa curiosity?

Beau
2nd January 2009, 02:09 PM
im 22 been riding since i was young, parents said i started riding just before i was 2yrs old, my old man had be on 2 wheels in no time(dad was a ex bmx racer). Started racing at the age of 7yrs old. been riding strong until 6months ago with a back injury. 7 foot up to your face isnt all its cracked up to be.

45KIDS
2nd January 2009, 02:16 PM
im 16 rode back when i was in primary school at local skateparks then took up skateboarding and now back into street/park riding

blinded
2nd January 2009, 03:13 PM
19. Been riding since i was like 5. But started seriously on fbmx when I was like 13.

works510
2nd January 2009, 04:12 PM
Light bikes help all the 5foot tall twiggy kids do epic stunts

Sam-Q
2nd January 2009, 05:00 PM
Marvis: wow that takes minimalist to a whole new level, I dont understand why they went for such a thick gauge pipe for the pole though.

My Norco BMX is 11.4kg and I am pretty happy with that for how I ride, no amazingly daring stuff from me.

anastasios: I think I can pretty safely say I am the senior here at 29 years old, been riding for 24 years now, damn...

Beau
2nd January 2009, 05:10 PM
Light bikes help all the 5foot tall twiggy kids do epic stunts

skinny indeed!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/5/2838.jpg

drift kid
2nd January 2009, 05:26 PM
im 16, love my park but street is my fave

Just Half Steppin
2nd January 2009, 07:31 PM
22 been riding for 10 or so years...

my bike currently weighs in at around 14kg...

i have ridden light bikes and they just dont feel right...i like to know that the bike is still there....

as for riding street with a heavy bike...get some muscles

drift kid
2nd January 2009, 07:40 PM
^^^ +1

45KIDS
3rd January 2009, 05:52 PM
dont need muscles to ride heavy bikes

13kg bike+kid the size of a grade 7 student

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/7/2957.jpg

marvis
3rd January 2009, 07:11 PM
Marvis: wow that takes minimalist to a whole new level, I dont understand why they went for such a thick gauge pipe for the pole though.

It's only a metal sleeve, the inside is plastic. ^.^

I can hop a meter high on my 'light' bike.

Just Half Steppin
3rd January 2009, 07:14 PM
used to hop about that if not abit higher on a bike that weighed about 20kg...hahaha

marvis
3rd January 2009, 07:54 PM
Pics?

We used a height bar :)

Just Half Steppin
3rd January 2009, 07:58 PM
if i had pics then i would post them...unfortunately back in 2000 we didnt really take many pics...in fact until jimmy start ugzine we didnt really take any..haha

i really would love to have my old setup back though...was a fucking tank

federal nation
haro meganuke hubs
primo powerbites
redneck
mustache bars
fbm 44t with full bash guard
etc etc

was built for one thing...strength...haha

orange32
3rd January 2009, 08:27 PM
I used to own a federal nation!!

Best frame I ever had.. untill it cracked in the gusset of the head tube and down tube.

Dfectd_Drftr
3rd January 2009, 08:32 PM
yer those tight jeans arent for real riders, mainly park bandits who hang around with skaters, but that is my opinion. i have been riding mountainbikes since i was very small, raced downhill for 3 years and have done lots of freeride in the last 2 years or so. bmx isnt my kind of thing, however after selling my race downhill norco teamdh i bought a gt hucker which is featherweight. just going to build it up soon enough with some decent triple walls and drivetrain, cranks, pedals, gearing 20/14 most probably. its for dirtjumping.

drift kid
3rd January 2009, 08:40 PM
It's only a metal sleeve, the inside is plastic. ^.^

I can hop a meter high on my 'light' bike.

what is "light"? my mate can broncohop about that high and his bike wouldnt weigh more than 11kg's

marvis
3rd January 2009, 10:23 PM
~8kgs.. I'm pretty weak.

About that high? TBH it's pretty high, I don't know many people who can hop that. 10cm or so is a lot of difference.

Water Boy
28th January 2009, 05:44 PM
Hit the BMX Games on Monday to cheer on the riders going big...

The almighty roll-in

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/8/4910.jpg

Practice

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/8/4911.jpg

The mad hip

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/8/4912.jpg

And my highlight of the weekend the I FN <3 OZ Sticker

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/8/4913.jpg

marvis
28th January 2009, 08:52 PM
Looks sweet as!

45KIDS
28th January 2009, 09:19 PM
my mate nick kajewski went in the comp. dunno how he went tho.. looks fun tho

would also like to say R.I.P stuart street trails.. they have been gone for about 2 months now and basically ruins the toowoomba bmx scene other then street/park there was a lady found dead down there so the council bulldowzed it. they where going to anyway because it was in private property :(

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/487/supermanuu4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/7/4932.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/7/4933.jpg

anyone who rode these trails know how amazing,dangerous,scary,stupid they were. and the location was stupid (beside the quarry) but had awesome sessions there and long hours on fixing them!

Water Boy
28th January 2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah RIP Toowoomba trails. I read about it in FocalPoint... Didnt know some dead lady was found down there thought :verysad:

45KIDS
29th January 2009, 11:12 AM
focalPoint <3 yeah long story. about 12 of my mates found her laying at the 4th jump :S

wack shit... where excelent trails tho. i only ever jumped 1st all the rest where to hecktic for me! haha

Course_Out
29th January 2009, 11:51 AM
Wow, that is whack...

Just started riding a bit of park myself again after a few years off - used to race back int he day (Haro ALi, light as hell) and later on bought a Haro Dave Mirra Flair, now running old Diamond Back cranks and old school Odyssey Hazzard triple walls. Bike probably ways close to 20kg, it a tank, it freaks out the young guys at the park, lol

Looking at getting a hard tail MTB to do some down hill too, so if anyone wants to buy a 1974 Yamaha yz125, let me know!

45KIDS
29th January 2009, 12:41 PM
i wanna know how she got there cause if anyone has ever been there its about 500+ metre walk into the middle of a shitload of tree's on a tiny path that is basically invisable. also located somewhere that i wouldnt even know existed if it wasnt for the reso and tempered boys..

also sick of bogan's smashing bottles on skateparks!

Breaka
29th January 2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone wanna buy my sunday wave, compleeeete?

kaibeecee
30th January 2009, 05:00 PM
yer those tight jeans arent for real riders, mainly park bandits who hang around with skaters, but that is my opinion. i have been riding mountainbikes since i was very small, raced downhill for 3 years and have done lots of freeride in the last 2 years or so. bmx isnt my kind of thing, however after selling my race downhill norco teamdh i bought a gt hucker which is featherweight. just going to build it up soon enough with some decent triple walls and drivetrain, cranks, pedals, gearing 20/14 most probably. its for dirtjumping.

thats fine that its your opinion, but there is a reason. i ride bikes, and wear tightish pants to keep them away from my chain. not everyone likes to look like they've woken up in 1998.

and with 20/14 gearing, thats so low you would be pedalling backwards in time

Axentrik
30th January 2009, 07:29 PM
but not everyone likes to look like they're donning their sisters clothes

Sam-Q
31st January 2009, 12:47 AM
speaking of which what sprocket combos are you guys using? I have a 25T at the front and I changed from a 9T (broke it!) to an 11Tooth on my FMF hub. I want a 10 tooth but it doesnt seem to be available. I might have a look to see whats involved in making one

kaibeecee
31st January 2009, 05:56 PM
i use 28/10 and have for the last 3 years

never has failed or even broken a chain

Water Boy
31st January 2009, 06:37 PM
Should be able to get a 10t at most bike shops. I sold and fitted one today on a Odessey rear hub.

quadeyquade
31st January 2009, 07:14 PM
Should be able to get a 10t at most bike shops. I sold and fitted one today on a Odessey rear hub.

dont tell sam that! i think he just wants an excuse to make something :)

shayno
31st January 2009, 07:38 PM
I just put My old school General lee back together after a respray....took a while to find one and there a bit heavy but bloody hell they feel awsome to ride.

Sam-Q
1st February 2009, 10:44 AM
kaibeecee: fill me in why would the chain fail? from the high chain wrap angle

Water Boy: I dont think they make it for my hub because FMF use a different spline than all other cassette hubs

Water Boy
1st February 2009, 11:58 AM
Water Boy: I dont think they make it for my hub because FMF use a different spline than all other cassette hubs

Yeah for FMF your'e right

marvis
1st February 2009, 05:15 PM
25 9 here.

works510
1st February 2009, 06:36 PM
Waterboy,
how much fun was bmxgames
I pritty much drunk the whole time, sat in the grandstand an yelled alot

Water Boy
1st February 2009, 06:46 PM
Waterboy,
how much fun was bmxgames
I pritty much drunk the whole time, sat in the grandstand an yelled alot

Mate unfortunatley I only got to go on the Monday to watch Dirt! But I made the most of that getting lose with the Rampfest crew...

I was yelling my head off to get the "Bar humps" in the Dirt!

BTW did u have one of the cars there? There were 2 Rolla's (one white one blue) and a Black Corona!

works510
1st February 2009, 10:11 PM
Yer monday I was alittle too burnt from the sat and sunday, genrally demotorvated to go.
Nah didnt take any cars in, did the drunken train trip in on sat and hitched a lift in a mates s14 on sun
bar humps are good, aswell as dead sailors haha

Water Boy
1st February 2009, 10:15 PM
aswell as dead sailors haha

Mate there was some real dead sailors in the crazy wind :shocked:

kaibeecee
2nd February 2009, 12:58 PM
kaibeecee: fill me in why would the chain fail? from the high chain wrap angle

with gearing being so small it puts alot of torque load on the chain when it travels around the cassette, being so small, it's a common issue with 25/9 setups.

mines been fine, i've got one of those hollow pin, holey plated ones that i got via dimitri ages ago, have done countless derek dusters down rails and it's still A-OK

shits gold, literally

Sam-Q
2nd February 2009, 04:42 PM
yeah fair enough, now another two questiions for you guys that will show how out of the scene I am:

why use a 25T/9 instead of a 44/16T? weight? I chose it because of the reduced ground clearence which is good for how and where I ride.

and secondly wtf is a derek duster? a chain rub?

kaibeecee
4th February 2009, 03:51 PM
derek duster:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/4/6/5394.jpg

Water Boy
11th February 2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/8/546591.jpg

RIP Charlzy

slydar
11th February 2009, 11:08 PM

the only people who hate on tight jeans, are people who are too dorky to pull off wearing them. youre jealous, whether you want to admit it or not.

im 27, ive been riding for over 10 years. though i couldnt say ive been riding too much lately. maybe when it stops being hot.. but im sick of riding concrete atm.. though the thought of riding some hips at kurraby is bringing a smile to my face right now.

orange32
11th February 2009, 11:58 PM
I used to love dirt but everywhere that we built trails got flattened or destroyed. I'm not a street rider so park is it for me these days.

Although, a friend that i ride with has a mate with some land nearby and a backhoe on the property and is cool with us building jumps as long as he can ride them, when it cools down a bit we'll probably suss it out a bit further and get digging.

marvis
12th February 2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, Our trails always got fucked up :(

I really need to ride more.

marvis.

45KIDS
12th February 2009, 09:52 AM
oi marv you goin to the tempered filthy drain challange this year?

should be just as amazing as last time! :P

45KIDS
12th February 2009, 09:59 AM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9806/imagend9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Robo86
12th February 2009, 10:11 AM
yer infact i might look into a fresh frame

Water Boy
12th February 2009, 11:35 AM
Some gnarly stuff happened at the tempered filthy drain challange last year :bones:

marvis
12th February 2009, 01:14 PM
I'm not cool enough to attend such things.

45KIDS
12th February 2009, 06:55 PM
you go waterboy? was a pritty hecktic leg breakage :S i was standing about 2 metre's away and heard the crack!

Water Boy
12th February 2009, 08:49 PM
you go waterboy? was a pritty hecktic leg breakage :S i was standing about 2 metre's away and heard the crack!

Nah mate iv seen foottage and pics! Some of the focalpoint boys were there and they gave me the lowdown...

45KIDS
12th February 2009, 10:11 PM
ahh yeah sick. Such a fun time! Part from I half fell in the water riding over the jerry vandervalk built bridge hahaha

Got some toowoomba boys in the latest focalpoint aswell like my mate pete jaques and josh collins. Focalpoint = <3

slydar
15th February 2009, 10:47 PM
rode today. badly, but it was still ok. trails though, fucking need trails. concrete bores me.

orange32
17th February 2009, 07:27 PM
There is a jam at beenleigh skate park on the 28th. They are fundraising for the fires in Victoria and have a whole lot of clothing and stuff to give away.

I'll probably go for a bit to watch some crazy riding, then head to kuraby or woodridge a bit later on

kaibeecee
19th February 2009, 10:00 PM
HAHAHA

beenleigh

where the tailwhip counter smokes from so much abuse and the pants come in a can

that and it's a massive teflon frying pan

45KIDS
4th March 2009, 10:03 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6484/temperedflyer.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temperedflyer.jpg)

its that time of the year again! fuck im excited for this!

they wont release the exact where abouts until the week before as faggots trash there ramps while setting up

it will be in brissy tho ;)

if anyones been they know its an amazing day! i will be there shooting on behalf of tempered and hopeing not to see someones leg snap again :S

marvis
4th March 2009, 10:32 PM
I prob won't go again.

Keen as hell for a pedal though. Might go for one tomorrow.

marvis.

Water Boy
5th March 2009, 07:40 PM
45KIDS get some ace shots and footage for us bro!

Zach
5th March 2009, 09:30 PM
this was me b4 my crash.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/8030.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/8031.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/8032.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/8033.jpg

Beau
6th March 2009, 09:59 AM
anyone know where i can get a Hidden Nation Akira frame in a 21?

marvis
6th March 2009, 11:53 PM
No idea sorry.

kaibeecee
10th March 2009, 11:15 PM
if anyone has a LHD 36h hub lying around, tell me

mine is in about 80 pieces

marvis
10th March 2009, 11:29 PM
How did we manage that?

kaibeecee
12th March 2009, 12:04 PM
by doing something very, very stupid

45KIDS
25th April 2009, 10:15 AM
TEMPERED FILTHY DRAIN CHALLANNNGGGGEEEEEEE
(Got moved a week later)

Gunna be a hecktik day! Hope I don't eat shit to bad tho :)

Breaka
25th April 2009, 10:49 PM
Went for a ride last week. It sucked balls. I have no one to ride with. So boring.
Little time to ride after work now and holidays means local park is packed with scooter kids.

It's bs, think I'm going to sell my bus.

Water Boy
26th April 2009, 01:58 PM
How the drain bash go?

crackett
26th April 2009, 03:00 PM
Zach, that second to last picture you posted, is that way behind the Blackwood skate park next to a creek? Look's hell familiar, rode there many years ago, was alot more groomed then though.

aussierider
26th April 2009, 04:38 PM
few pics from a comp in leeton over easter

Water Boy
5th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Now its starting to rain again... Build trails :thumbup:

marvis
6th May 2009, 01:53 PM
Bike check:

EASTERN GRIM REAPER 2 21"
ODYSSEY S2 DIRECTOR FORK
FSA IMPACT INTEGRATED HEADSET
ECLAT COMPLEX PC SEAT
ODYSSEY ELEMENTARY V3 STEM
MUTINY GLAM V2 BARS
FIT EDDIE CLEVELAND GRIPS
COLONY KONKA BAR ENDS
COLONY GUETTLER CHAINWHEEL
FLY BIKES 3 PC CRANK
WELLGO MG-1 MAGNESIUM PEDALS
PROFILE MINI CASSETTE HUBS
PROFILE TI 9 TOOTH DRIVER
LIGHT SIMPLE KMC SHAIN
PROFILE TI FRONT BOLTS
PRIMO BALANCE 7005 RIMS
DOUBLE BUTTERED SPOKES
ALLOY NIPPLES.
KHE FOLDING DIRT TIRE FRONT
KHE FOLDING PARK TIRE REAR

I have chopped the brake mounts off and removed alot the the drop outs. I have also filed down the seat tube so my seat can go lower. I also Modded my seat so it could go lower also. Uu-cut bars, like all the cool kids. Cut steerer tube. It's light I guess.

Awesome Photos:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6117/image003uhg.jpg
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2623/image000a.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1872/image005glf.jpg

I don't get to ride it much anymore as I'm always sick...

marvis.

45KIDS
9th May 2009, 08:56 PM
temperedbikes.com.au

has the video from the drains :)

Zach
23rd July 2009, 03:41 PM
Hey does. any one have any old parts they don't want at all. because i need to get some parts in Adelaide? freebies preferred :D pm me thanks oh and Crackett yeah that drain is behind dingly dells if i remember correctly!

Zach
7th October 2009, 10:12 PM
Old Thread New Pics..
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/25070.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/25071.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/25072.jpg

marvis
8th October 2009, 10:17 AM
Someone should buy my bike.. 2k

orange32
8th October 2009, 07:04 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/25129.jpg

Zach
8th October 2009, 07:05 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/25129.jpg

Great snap -thumb up-

86TRD
30th October 2009, 02:53 PM
went to the skatepark today , was awesome nobody was there , im only just getting back into it , it was bloody hot though.

Low Style
30th October 2009, 03:25 PM
i ride most wednesday nights in bris!!

skaney
1st November 2009, 07:10 PM
I see your new age skate-parkery and raise you the OG shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgU3pXK2Ls0

86TRD
1st November 2009, 10:31 PM
hit the skatepark again today and rode for about 2 and a half hours and now so sore haha , loving riding again , dont know why on earth i ever stopped.

Low Style
2nd November 2009, 11:15 AM
im riding tonight and wednesday night.

might be hitting up albany creek skate park

86TRD
4th November 2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHaT8hOENQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp

fair shit video plus it is skating but its the park i mainly ride at.

Low Style
5th November 2009, 08:45 AM
learnt howe to ice pick last night :)

marvis
5th November 2009, 10:06 AM
Old one of me.. Cone is one of them hugggge fuckers.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/123/l_b7d52bb0e22f7e7721f09fddf056cc21.jpg

86TRD
5th November 2009, 12:26 PM
pink bmx suits you well :)

was gonna go to the skate park today but it decided to rain so just went to get lunch and thought i would stop by and take acouple of photos.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/27690.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/27691.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/27692.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/27693.jpg

Low Style
5th November 2009, 12:29 PM
nice park to many mounds needs a real fun box

86TRD
5th November 2009, 12:45 PM
yer , well 80% of the people in our town are old so were pretty lucky with what we got haha.

86TRD
6th November 2009, 02:06 PM
hopefully if the rains gone will be riding on sunday and monday yew.

wntdae86
6th November 2009, 02:47 PM
f@$k i have ride again !!!!!!! some one got a frame they dont want ???? needs to have brake posts up top away from crack tho !!!!!! i have a few parts to pm me if you want to know what

86TRD
9th November 2009, 08:48 PM
went riding this arvo , been riding again for around to weeks , accomplished 360s today yew.

matt99
9th November 2009, 10:27 PM
Hey 86TRD. I see your from Forster.

Is that the park that has the massive old tree stump thing next to the bowl? I love that place if it is.

86TRD
9th November 2009, 11:09 PM
nah dont know of any tree stumps haha , unless it was removed ahell of a long time ago , its forster / tuncurry , two towns surrounded by beachs and lakes , its about 3 or so hours from sydney.

corknose
9th November 2009, 11:23 PM
Someone buy my bike

86TRD
9th November 2009, 11:26 PM
$200? deal :) , get some pictures up of it.

corknose
9th November 2009, 11:27 PM
Check my sale thread.

86TRD
9th November 2009, 11:33 PM
yer i had , thats why i was saying get some pictures , sounds like a pretty good bike.

86TRD
10th November 2009, 02:24 PM
decided i would stop being a girl today , so i took my skirt off and went and bought a new bike , its an eastern shovelhead , went for alittle ride before but was way to hot , hell of alot lighter then my old bike.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/28203.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/28204.jpg

Low Style
10th November 2009, 03:25 PM
nice bike!

Zach
10th November 2009, 07:01 PM
Looks heaps dialed

matt99
11th November 2009, 05:38 PM
nah dont know of any tree stumps haha , unless it was removed ahell of a long time ago , its forster / tuncurry , two towns surrounded by beachs and lakes , its about 3 or so hours from sydney.

Nah, that sounds about right to me.

They probably removed the stump because of all the victims it claimed. Myself being one of them.

86TRD
11th November 2009, 10:43 PM
Nah, that sounds about right to me.

They probably removed the stump because of all the victims it claimed. Myself being one of them.

haha ok , yer they changed around the park abit put bit of a pathway and made a proper carpark for it so could have been taken out then , i cant really remember much past last yr haha so ive got no idea.

KENut
21st June 2010, 10:22 PM
Hey.
So Ive been doing dirt riding lately on my bmx, on sandy, rocky surface.
I really need better tyres, currently rockin a 1.25inch tyre on the back wheel lol
Do any of you fellas have a prefered dirt tyre?

Sam-Q
21st June 2010, 10:38 PM
1.25? that's tiny. How loose is the surface? I quite like the Maxxis tyres, particullarly the max daddy pattern for mud/gravel.

KENut
21st June 2010, 10:44 PM
Haha yeah it really is tiny.
Surface loosness depends on how wet it is, like after rain it packs down ok.
But otherwise real slippery, and rocky as all hell in sections. Its literally like large grain sand.
I'll go take a look at the Maxxis thanks Sam!

shift_rook
21st June 2010, 10:48 PM
hm, i'd love a good bmx for daily duties, anyone in vic wanna trade my norco 125 for their bmx? might put up a for sale thread

Sam-Q
21st June 2010, 10:55 PM
Haha yeah it really is tiny.
Surface loosness depends on how wet it is, like after rain it packs down ok.
But otherwise real slippery, and rocky as all hell in sections. Its literally like large grain sand.
I'll go take a look at the Maxxis thanks Sam!

sounds like the max daddy is the go then, Here is a link

http://www.maxxis.com/Bicycle/BMX/MaxxDaddy.aspx

hey your not in victoria by any chance are you? also watch out the 2.25" size won't fit many forks/frames. So you might have to go for the 20x2.0

KENut
21st June 2010, 11:04 PM
True, I should measure what I can fit. Thanks for that :)
Nope, in the Canberra region actually

KE20
22nd June 2010, 09:46 PM
I've been riding bmx most my life didn't realize this many people on here rode bmx
heres a link to some bmx/car vids i have made

http://www.vimeo.com/user2203382/videos

marvis
23rd June 2010, 11:25 AM
I want to ride again, rode some trails the other week, so awesome.

dave2221
23rd June 2010, 11:42 AM
i havnt riden since i got my license.....

Still have my old GT Performer at home....

all chrome with the plastic tuffs, gyro ect...... no idea what its worth..... should sell it.

Richard
23rd June 2010, 12:26 PM
i havnt riden since i got my license.....

Still have my old GT Performer at home....

all chrome with the plastic tuffs, gyro ect...... no idea what its worth..... should sell it.

I havn't riden since i lost my license

45KIDS
23rd June 2010, 03:52 PM
had a good street session last night. reminded me how fun riding was!

-elliot-
23rd June 2010, 11:54 PM
I want to ride again, rode some trails the other week, so awesome.

any pics

is there any good trails up near you ?

trikzlane
24th June 2010, 12:14 AM
beenleigh's ment to be still good

Clinton
24th June 2010, 10:45 AM
come to South Tweed bowl and get bashed pussies!

KENut
29th June 2010, 08:57 PM
So I got a 2.25" maxx daddy tyre for the front as Sam suggested, very pleased! Heaps more grip, and punishes my hands/wrists less due to the shock absorbtion.

Rode trails and single track to test it, with a lil bit of road too. New tyre didnt slow me down on tar either.
Nearly flipped at approx 60km/hr on the tar, that was fun

Now to do the choppy choppy to fit larger tyre on rear...

Sam-Q
29th June 2010, 09:31 PM
hahaha, good to hear

try playing with tyre pressures too for maxium grip/shock absorbtion

KENut
30th June 2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah basically been adjusting pressure as I go, to get what I want.
Had to keep with the peasant tiny tyre on the rear, cannot fit 2". So it was a little twitchy feeling

Sam-Q
30th June 2010, 09:27 PM
ok what sort of frame do you have to not even be able to fit a 2"? pic?

driftke70
30th June 2010, 10:34 PM
new coping at my local ramps and i came off pretty hard trying to do a nose tap as I was entering the quater, landed with my head and arm, got semi concussed, blurred vision for about half an hour and my arms pretty tender.

KENut
30th June 2010, 10:38 PM
Well it all began one sunny afternoon, when myself and cohort of mine own decided that a bicycle 'ride' would be a splendid way to pass time.
Thus, it was concluded that none other than a poorly built bicycle of the bmx variety would acheive the level of lol-tastic-ness required.
So, upon this revelation a trek to the local recycle centre was undertaken. Here a lovely bmx with fluro orange paint was unearthed, with functioning back-pedal braking!
For the princley sum of ten dollars this became my own to cherish.

Pics laters! :P

corknose
1st July 2010, 11:58 PM
went for a sesh the other day, just feel like a gronk, no style anymore hell devoed.

4agejet
2nd July 2010, 02:14 AM
Would anyone buy a bmx.. mongoose mccain or something frame.. 9tooth rim brand new got for 190, 28 tooth on the front, original crank, with brand new bearings rode for bout 1 hour.. oddysey and maxxis tyre, prima grips, odyssey metal pedals pretty worn out.. worth throwing up in the forsale section? (dont know much about bikes, got the frame and few other things with it, just got the rim n bearings n shit but gave up on bmx the next day...)

KENut
2nd July 2010, 12:50 PM
pic:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/5/3/7/47924.jpg
Yeah its a shit bike

KENut
5th July 2010, 03:41 PM
Broke the stem this morning..

4agejet
6th July 2010, 03:10 PM
buy mine :) as whole, not just stem :)

KENut
11th July 2010, 07:55 PM
buy mine :) as whole, not just stem :)
Tempting... Picatur? :)

Anyway this arvo I was going to chop that frame, widen rear, lengthen a little, chop down seat post and a few other little things.
But then I realised that my shitty bmx chopper thing (built this a couple years back) was already just about right, I just had to de-lengthen and un-lower it a bit.
First impressions, Great Success!

Zach
22nd July 2010, 08:46 PM
Went for a pedal today at my old local.
I have found out cmbmx is now uncool, little black bike is where it's at.
and all my tricks are old.

Photo's:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/49528.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/49529.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/49530.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/49531.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/2/49537.jpg

blinded
22nd July 2010, 10:06 PM
Fuck yeah man that is a sick local park to haha!

Know how you feel about old tricks. Although I no longer ride (havn't last 5 years) When I last went to our park, there were like 20 odd little teenagers going nuts. Couple of them chucking backflip flyouts out of the 5.5' bowl...Others with no hander footjams...It was ridiculous! I think the best I had was a tailwhip flyout haha!

Jdm-Mcc
22nd July 2010, 10:09 PM
Whos stanza zach?

Zach
22nd July 2010, 10:12 PM
there was a few kids watching me, and they all looked at me funny, as there was not a whip, no hander, backflip or barspin insight. one foot can's, xups, crank flips, tyre slides, ETs.... those were the days.

Zach
22nd July 2010, 10:14 PM
Datsun sunny, my ladies daily..

blinded
22nd July 2010, 11:10 PM
Crankflips were the biz!

Crankflip -> Feeble = Winning combo

benzo
22nd July 2010, 11:18 PM
some adelaide dood should buy my bike

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?19285-modified-Fit-Team-Trail-bmx&p=286122#post286122

dave2221
26th July 2010, 10:35 AM
adding to for sale section:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/2/49748.jpg

86TRD
26th July 2010, 01:08 PM
got a new front wheel on the weekend for $40, bargain..- odyssey hazard lite rim with some odyssey hub.
nothing wrong with it at all, just a mate doesnt ride 20" bikes anymore.

Low Style
27th July 2010, 01:31 PM
i need more parts!!

Rideing BRISBANE city tonight if anyone is keen?

Sam-Q
12th August 2010, 05:55 PM
hey might someone be able to put a thread pitch gauge on a 14mm BMX axle for me?

86TRD
17th August 2010, 02:39 PM
I dont have a gauge sorry Sam.

Some new pictures of my bike, hopefully this weekend im converting my hub back to right hand, never liked the left hand and also getting a new back rim as mine is pretty well gone.
sold all my other wheels and what i have now is.
Front: alienation rim, profile mini hub.
back: primo 7005 rim, profile mini hub, but will be hazard lite rim after this weekend.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/51149.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/51150.jpg

86TRD
27th September 2010, 03:35 AM
So this thread is lacking its much needed love.
Changed a few things on my bike. new wheels, new seat, and pedals.
pretty much have the bike how i want it, only other thing i would like to change are the brakes to a gyro, other then that ill just fix things when they break.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/53839.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/53840.jpg

KENut
27th September 2010, 12:30 PM
Wait what frame is that?

86TRD
27th September 2010, 02:19 PM
2010 eastern shovelhead.

kyle unwin
8th August 2011, 11:31 PM
I ride.

turn69up
9th August 2011, 08:22 PM
^AWESOME^

Sam-Q
9th August 2011, 08:48 PM
I should take a pic of my comparatively crappy bike and put it on here

Undeez
30th August 2011, 07:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/brapdat/DSC_0412.jpg

Undeez
30th August 2011, 07:07 PM
This is the daily tho
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/7/7/4/208712.jpg

matt99
30th August 2011, 10:47 PM
This is the daily tho
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/7/7/4/208712.jpg

Waits for Claw to comment.

corknose
30th August 2011, 11:55 PM
I thought this was bmx. Not..........fixxey thread.

>:(