PDA

View Full Version : front hub removal

tauhu86
17th May 2009, 12:08 AM
Hi guys, i'm trying to remove the front brakes and the hubs of my mate's ae92 csi.
how do i remove the rotor from the hub without an SST? a friend told me to tighten 2x M10 bolts into the 2 small bolt holes (where the sst is supposed to go in) on the rotor and tht will push the rotor away from the hub.

before I try that, i just want to make sure that'll work. I dont want to break the bolts and have them stuck in there.

cheers

H8CHIR6KU
17th May 2009, 10:21 AM
thats how you do it

why do you wanna remove the front hubs tho??

you shouldnt be fucking around with someones brakes if you dont know what youre doing

Moebius
17th May 2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah they are usually stuck on pretty tight, do up those bolts evenly until it cracks loose.

tauhu86
17th May 2009, 05:48 PM
2 out of 4 studs sheared off due to driving 5 days continuously to kwinana from perth on imbalanced wheels.

thanks guys will do that.

i didnt want to try before making sure coz i thought there's something like a bearing remover where u bolt the stuff on and hammer the rotor out.

cheers guys

tauhu86
17th May 2009, 10:48 PM
im stuck again! i feel so silly for deleting my ae92 service manual few years ago.
FF cars are quite a pain in the backside to work on!

the disc rotor is out but how do i remove the hub. tried google to no avail.
could anyone help. thanks!

tauhu86
17th May 2009, 11:52 PM
hey guys. found a cut-out on the dust cover so i dont even have to remove the hub. how silly i am.
but im still interested to know how to remove the hub. thanks!

H8CHIR6KU
17th May 2009, 11:56 PM
unbolt the nut in the cv and pull it off