PDA

View Full Version : Places to get bushes and B/joints pressed ...

NIZLAH
17th May 2009, 10:56 PM
hey just looking for some recommendations on where to take my LCA's to get new ball joints and poly bushes fitted...
Everything is out and parts are supplied so I'm not expecting it to take long or cost much for a place that knows what they are doing...

I got a shock when I went into ABS in Springwood the other day and the dude I spoke to was like $88 p/hr, prob take a few hours.... :shocked:

I walked out of there asking myself if that was a joke, so thought Id ask here before I go anywhere else for quotes...

Southside area....
Also anywhere to take my steering rack to be re-assembled etc would be handy also...

Cheers:thumbup:
Niz

sonsta
17th May 2009, 11:17 PM
any mechanic should be able to do it for you shouldnt they?

NIZLAH
17th May 2009, 11:34 PM
yeah you would think so... just finding a good/non dodge mechanic is my only problem, its so hard to find a god one that wants to do what you want with out spinning some shit or trying to rip you off

patience
18th May 2009, 01:52 AM
Lol I payed like $180 to drive in/drive out lazy barstard style with a LCA bush replacement, wheel alignment and all over component check when I first got the car for roadworthy.
Didn't even drop parts in like you are.
This was in Kelvin Grove

it shouldnt take longer then 30mins for someone who knows what they are doing

ke70dave
18th May 2009, 11:28 AM
I got a shock when I went into ABS in Springwood the other day and the dude I spoke to was like $88 p/hr, prob take a few hours.... :shocked:

keep in mind that is pretty normal for a skilled professional to charge.

my dad is a marine elctrician, and charges a flat 75$/hr for his services.

i know the mechanic that i go to (dont get major stuff done, but do get RWC's and machining done) charge around 85$/hour.

you wont get much cheaper than that im afraid.

if you take ANY mechanic that has a press, the control arms and the brand new proper parts. they will pop them out for you in like less than 1hr, but thehy will prolly charge you for the minimum charge, or they might be nice and charge $50.

www.yellowpages.com.au

knock yourself out;)

NIZLAH
18th May 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah that is all good and well and Ive got no problems with them charging on per hour basis, its when they say 'it will prob take a couple of hours' that I start to get annoyed, seriously like it shouldn't take more than an hour MAX to do the LCA's
I mean its not like they have to remove it from the car or refit them or anything, just press out old then press in new..... pretty straight forward, plus its a machine that does all the work...

Also got a price to re-assemble my steering rack.. (no parts required and its all taken apart) Just need the pre-load and torque set right (as I dont have a torque wrench) $180 at Aus CV's, wtf?

driftke70
18th May 2009, 04:29 PM
i can do em, for a nominal fee,

on sunny coast but

NIZLAH
18th May 2009, 07:21 PM
yeah that's true, too bad your in S.A Dave..
driftke70 your closer but still a mish away dude lol...

egg_83
18th May 2009, 07:43 PM
I went jax and they charged $20 a side. Just pop in and have a chat with them, mid week is the best its a little quieter.

NIZLAH
18th May 2009, 07:47 PM
I went jax and they charged $20 a side. Just pop in and have a chat with them, mid week is the best its a little quieter.

sweet I'll have to give em a try...
cheers

bigm
18th May 2009, 10:43 PM
try a specific suspension mob.
i went to a place down on the coast and it cost me $80 for the pair supplied and fitted. for the ball joints that is.
not sure about the bushes, would be a similar story

lo_rolla
19th May 2009, 07:07 PM
Fulcrum charged me $90 to press in the rear traling arm bushes, did it in like halfa when I went to get tires.

Try them?