PDA

View Full Version : ENGIN Phone company, anyone using them?

ke25 racer
23rd August 2008, 10:54 PM
Hi, i hve noticed ENGIN advertising on this forum, they have very cheap phone calls over the internet, is anyone connected with them and if so how do you find them?

Driftspec
23rd August 2008, 11:37 PM
My last work used it as their VOIP provider, and they were good. Quality was good, afaik the service and setup was pretty good too. You typically get a handset when you sign up, just need a decent internet connection and you are away. Plus free VOIP to VOIP calls, cheap calls anywhere in Aus, its a pretty good deal.

VOIP is good overall, essentially all you are paying for is their data centres, plus an interface to Telstra, so the data can be 'popped' onto the phone network. Thats pretty much why VOIP is cheap :)

marvis
24th August 2008, 12:02 PM
It's the future. I have heard they are very good.

marvis.

ke25 racer
25th August 2008, 03:27 PM
i have signed up on a trial, they do sponsor the forum so i will give them a go.
Ill let you all know how it goes.

samuel
25th August 2008, 05:50 PM
Looks pretty schmick

Been tempted myself.

Will wait for some feedback

ke25 racer
27th August 2008, 07:04 PM
well can't complain so far, i signed up on sunday, Tuesday morning i had all the gear delivered, hooked up in 2 mins and off i went, all works fine so far.

i don't have any telstra landline at all, it all works through my foxtel/ Broadband Cable