PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO: remove ae86 clock surround without breakage

dr1ft-pig
7th September 2008, 07:54 PM
hey all, may be usefull info for some of you but i just worked out how to pull clock surround of ae86 without breaking it

tools needed:

2 resonably sized zipties...

how to:

as shown in pic below, get the 2 zipties and jam them down each side of the clock surround, this will be a little hard as the zipties have to puch the clips out
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176432.jpg
once zipties are in, get ahold of both with each hand and give it a firm tug

and presto, out it comes, no scratches from using metal tools and no breakages :D

hope i helped someone haha

federal
7th September 2008, 07:59 PM
whens the next article coming out?

"how to remove a condom without breaking it"

dr1ft-pig
7th September 2008, 08:23 PM
mmm thanks for the input

ill put that up when i learn how to do it.... fuckin things always seem to break

on a serious note, i did this coz i may help someone, 99% of adm 86s have cracked/missing/broken clock surrounds and the ones that dont and want to pull their dash out may want to keep their shit unbroken

timmay
7th September 2008, 09:04 PM
you gotta have sex to break it.... naa just gamin cuzzo.. simplest yet best tech article ive seen for a while ay...

federal
7th September 2008, 10:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Sep 7 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=584813)</div>
mmm thanks for the input

ill put that up when i learn how to do it.... fuckin things always seem to break

on a serious note, i did this coz i may help someone, 99% of adm 86s have cracked/missing/broken clock surrounds and the ones that dont and want to pull their dash out may want to keep their shit unbroken[/b]

atleast you got the joked intentions

dr1ft-pig
7th September 2008, 11:35 PM
had enough of them from you to know what your on about :P haha

federal
8th September 2008, 06:54 PM
:D

d1_drift_kid
3rd October 2008, 01:33 PM
you can also pull out the heater and aircond stuff and reach around and push the cliips together from behind.

This is what ive failed to do twice

Sly*
3rd October 2008, 05:54 PM
there just so brittle

dr1ft-pig
3rd October 2008, 06:26 PM
yep.... this is good coz u dont pull anything apart... shove 2 zippie ties in and out it pops