PDA

View Full Version : FT86 looking to be in Australia 2012

Pages : [1] 2

hachirusto
28th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Dont know if you guys have seen this but its looking good

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011/small-passenger/toyota/celica/celica-not-certain-25460

Had a source from toyota last week say they were looking into the idea of the car and that they hadnt decided on a name but this its the icing on the cake.

Definantly going to the motor show some stage over the weekend and will see what I can find out

ke_70
28th June 2011, 09:23 PM
celica?

Todd
28th June 2011, 09:42 PM
To be honest, "FT-86" would not be much of a name for a car if they are expecting to sell a heap.
They will brand it Celica most likely because people can relate to the brand and it has a whole heap more 'mainstream' history than the ae86 (I mean this in terms of sales, not motorsport [although that could be debated also]).

To half the world 'ae86' means absolutely nothing. The people who know what it means, will have been following the production of this car from the get go anyway, and will not give a craaaap if it's named celica, supra, or something completely different. They will just enjoy it (or hate it depending on the success of the production car).

EDIT just read the article. totally nailed it on the head ayyyyyyy lol.

AJPS
28th June 2011, 10:04 PM
would love one!

killabeez_1985
28th June 2011, 10:35 PM
Ima try get one after a couple of years of being released.

skizzamods
29th June 2011, 12:00 AM
This car should fill a large gap in the market, and should do really well. It's good to see Toyota trying to 'bring back the joy of driving' and attracting a younger demographic.

sundee
29th June 2011, 12:12 AM
labeling that thing "86" ( shakes head) it resembles nothing of an 86 in anyway, and just looks like a new celica.
perfect for those mummies wanting a "sports car"

fail.

skizzamods
29th June 2011, 12:16 AM
what do you want? a rusty square bucket? name is debatable, but I wouldn't say it doesn't share any of the same traits.

Bustin_86
29th June 2011, 07:50 AM
They should bring out an ae86 version. Factory options could include rust holes ($500 on top of metallic paint surcharge), lack of interior/sound deadening (same price as leather pack), ridiculous wheel fitment ($3000, i.e. Cheaper than most people want for a set of 14s with a neg offset) so it could never be driven out of a dealership and a slopped out whiney weldy ($1100 upgrade from LSD). Mint, would be the next cult car for sure!

Seriously though, looks brilliant, why couldnt toyota have kept the 1jz on their lineup for just a little bit longer though....

motorculture
1st July 2011, 09:46 AM
spy shots ..

http://www.autoobsession.com.au/events/spy-shots-ft-86-in-aus/

Vance
1st July 2011, 09:59 AM
it does look more like a celica than a sprinter. concept II is ugly as all fuck

rthy
1st July 2011, 04:29 PM
they should have called it the sprinter

Quad KE70
2nd July 2011, 09:28 PM
pitty its coming with the 2lt boxer but the 6spd box is a win, well thats wat the guy running the toyota stand said on the monring news..

FoldKing86
3rd July 2011, 10:50 AM
How can all assume what it will be like until the production version and final options/details are released. Unless i missed something nothing is concrete until the production version and options are been released. Now i know some people are workign hard to get/find details but ill wait.

All this wang wang about "SPY PICS", fuck me the 2/3 concept cars have been on public display for months. Why would anyone need "SPY PICS" of the already shown concept, who do you think you are Tom Cruise from Mission Impossible.

Like so many ill wait and see what the production version is.

And as for what version/versions we get in Oz, well ill wait for that too. Because Toyota Australia has fucked us over before and ill bet they will do it again.

My bet, the Aus version or any countries version for that matter will look nothing like the concept, with out it being an option, we wont even get the lsd it will be an option.

That's my rant, and ill just wait and prey for a miracle.

plohl
4th July 2011, 05:23 PM
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-feature/toyota-money-threatens-subaru-sports-car-20110704-1gyid.html

rthy
13th July 2011, 12:48 AM
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1494/1726009shutupandtakemym.jpg

4.5AG
13th July 2011, 09:08 PM
FT-86Ordered and paid for my new number plates

FoldKing86
13th July 2011, 09:18 PM
Dam your keen.

hachirusto
13th July 2011, 11:11 PM
spoke to the toyota reps at the motor show and it will definantly be coming out. Think ill have to hold off buying a new car for a year or 2 untill its released

StuC
14th July 2011, 12:17 AM
I have it on good authority that these will definitely be in the next 18 months or so. They have the altona plant shut to the public at the moment for upgrading/installing the new robots for the new lines, inlcuding the ft86. No shit, will def be here. They have both the final product of the pov-pack and the full optioned sports inside too. No turbo model as stated by this months wheels/motor mag though. I still want one

wideslider
14th July 2011, 10:00 PM
Hi Guys,
Production for the FT86 is March 2012 with arrivals for June 2012.
They arent coming out of Altona, The shut down there is just due to the re tooling for new generation Camry and Aurion.
They will be Japanese built.

hachirusto
17th July 2011, 11:33 AM
Very nice any word yet on turbo or none turbo ?

Gunner
17th July 2011, 01:45 PM
It'll be nonturbo, the new FB2X series of subi engines really wouldnt last too long with forced induction.

hachirusto
17th July 2011, 02:07 PM
Damn , so how is putting there Hand up to test the limits of the engine when it comes out

FoldKing86
18th July 2011, 08:49 PM
I dare say if they drive as well as i perceive it should then ill get 1 and give it a good going over. I'm sure many other will too. Although i may wait too see if there is a 2nd version or a gen2 model.

macca1590
18th July 2011, 10:08 PM
should be just out of my apprenticeships time and hopefull cashed up if i stay in the mines, sooo keen. turbo model might be a thing down the track?? if not selling enough/wanting to sell more they may release a turbo model to help boost sales????

dave2221
19th July 2011, 11:04 AM
I dont get how this isnt like a AE86?

They are talking about the feel and soul of the car, which seems pretty much what the AE86 was.

A cheap rwd front engined well balanced toyota car....

FoldKing86
20th July 2011, 12:44 PM
Got this in an email the other day.

It's two years on from the unveiling of the FT-86 concept and still five months until the production version makes its debut in Tokyo, but new details of Toyota's new rear-wheel-drive coupe appear to have come to light.

Information passing around Toyota enthusiast forums this week, if accurate, reveals what many have hoped: the FT-86 may just be the car to herald Toyota's 'second renaissance'.

According to Club4AG.com founder Motohide Miwa, a recent invite-only event, reportedly with Toyota Sports vehicle boss Tetsuya Tada, revealed a number of new details of the new hero car, along with an on-screen unveiling of the production model.

Mechanically, Miwa says that while the engine is the Subaru-derived boxer engine already confirmed, it has been completely worked over at Toyota.

From a revised and re-cast engine block through to Yamaha tuning and Toyota's D-4S direct injection technology, it seems this is absolutely not your Impreza's engine.

Miwa describes a development program focused as much on the enthusiast as the casual buyer.

"The front dash has a beautiful sweeping line, and yet the front corners are recessed into the front window base," Miwa reported to the Club4AG online community.

"I asked why, and Tada-san replied 'It's so you can install a roll cage to regulations for many venues, without cutting up this dash'."

Miwa adds that Tada's team is so focused on weight and handling that buyers should even expect to do without a CD player and navigation. Whether those modern conveniences will appear in the options list, however, is unclear.

On the styling front, Toyota has already confirmed that the recent FT-86 II concept offers the best hint at the production model's look.

According to Miwa, we can expect the concept's 2000GT-inspired C-pillar to carry over, along with "a little more flavour" from the Scion FR-S concept and a sharper rear-end design.

"That's all I can tell you at this point," Miwa adds.

Time will tell as to the accuracy of the report. However when Akio Toyoda was made president of the 74 year-old Toyota Motor Company, the grandson of founder Kiichiro Toyoda, he promised to revitalise the company's entire line-up.

Most importantly, Toyoda also committed his company to developing a new entry-level rear-wheel-drive coupe. With each new report, the FT-86 is looking more tantalising.

It actually looks better. Take the Original FT86 concept, and add a little more flavor from Scion project's FRS Concept, then smooth down the lines so that it's less tuner looking, and more OEM finesse. Retain the 2000GT C-Pillar, sharpen the tail. And that's how a final version will be. (That's all I can tell you at this point.)

The engine? It's still EJ20 based shape. But Toyota re-casted everything, even down to the engine block with a new design, and with the Yamaha acoustics assigned to make every pulse, beat, and soul of air and vibration to become something to spice performance and tactile feel. Not much is exactly shared with the Subaru engine except the flat four configurations. However, the external mounting points remain the same as the Subaru EJ20, shared for very obvious reasons. That is so YOU can use a Subaru engine to swap if you PREFER the Subaru engine for racing. Why bother with complex fabrication, if Subaru has something you can use from 11 years of WRC?

Everything about this car is BASIC, and PURE.

It's thought out for the aftermarket builders, racing operations, and not without YOU as enthusiast, the grassroots racers, custom builders, show car builders, and parking lot meet goers.

Take for example. The front dash has a beautiful sweeping line, and yet the front corners recessed into the front window base. I asked why... and Tada san replied... "It's so you can install a roll cage to regulations for many venues, without cutting up this dash"

There are many features that go deep into the same thinking... And although such matters of owner-customizations are in place, the vehicle is very refined as is out of the box. Never before, has such low-cost niche-car seen so much research, so much development budget, and resourced with so many talents.

It was met with many challenges of financiers, and business end departments due to the era, and in the wake of many events, from dismal sports car sales in general, Lehman Crisis rendering global spending decrease, and even natural disasters. Large corporations, even Toyota, are not immune to current trends of operating under strict adherence to the speculative finance and rules of the governments and stockholders.
However and despite the unforgiving global economic climate, in the last 5 years of development of the FT86, the best minds converged for this project. Mr.Haraguchi initially to select the key individuals fir for this task, and Tada assigned ultimately, oversee the project. Both are people from MR2 and AE86 projects in the past as well as 2nd Prius and other successful cars with future mind. To add to this, eventually along the process came, the resources and technology brought from the Lexus LFA program, Teams from Subaru including WRC minds of STi, and the whole time, forced and secured by the CEO of Toyota, regarding this as his own favorite development. Akio Toyoda is a proficient and enthusiastic driver and a big fan of this car, often dropping in to test drive it.

Akio has recently shocked the staff on Nurburgring, Testing out of the blue, and drew a whole crowd of officials in panic when he strapped himself into the FT86, and started to chase down a LFA Nur-Edition that was also testing concurrently by a different department. Slipping the tail masterfully around the wet Nurburgring track.... He loves the FT86 as much as we do...

When was the last time you saw a CEO of an auto firm do THAT!!
Well I just did... in a video no less.

Yes, Akio strapped in by TAKATA belts, grinning and jerking at the wheel in quick bursts of counter-steer, cooking the Nurburgring to his own liking, and screaming past the famous Castle down the last straight back to the pits as if he was shouting to the ghosts that live in the old castle. That was an awe-inspiring footage. The usually calm Mr.Toyoda seemed to be as epic as Mel Gibson shouting “FREEDOM”

Mr.Tada continues to travel, mostly in secret cloak, but magically appearing out of the blue in conversations like this afforded to people who can represent the fans and enthusiasm, that is all of us. He is almost like the Jason Bourne of Toyota Sports car development as I see it. Always in close contact with the CEO boss, taking care of his projects covertly at times, but free minded to conjure a car for the future, fending off opinions of conventions and bureaus. Mr.Tada, and his team, logged thousands of miles in the FT86 test mule, and he says it’s STILL not finished... 5 years, and still perfecting it every day, from materials of rubber bushings to see if steering feel can be improved or gas pedal to react more passionately, and details like equipment choices on the interior. In fact, this meeting was immediately after he was shaking it down in Arizona in the massive heat...to see it through that this car will outlast the most abusive of us in what he calls madness. I assume that to be our crazy tendencies to attend silly events where we burn rear tires all day long. But yes, he has that in mind for us…

What if I told you that FT86 has NO CD player, and no Navigation screen? It's entirely possible...

He figured we'd all have smart-phones to tell us where we're going by 2012, and all we need is an FM radio to tell us if the world is ending. And for all other times on the road, he's like us to listen to your favorite iPOD, or the beautiful sounds emanating from the exhaust system specifically designed for this car by the best ears at Yamaha Acoustic Instruments company. All this, while sitting in seats made in collaboration with the best aftermarket and OE racing operations and sports car makers.

Affordable, yes, that is one of the first priorities. However, nothing about the car from what I saw in the photos looked CHEAP... The car may be affordable, but all the key ingredients like simple, functional interior, wrapped in very neat fabrics?

All of this and much more I can't say... All of this and MUCH MUCH more...

If AE86 was the starting point, and you had 30 years of technology change, and tools and toys we enjoy, mash it all into a car with dimensions nearly exactly matching the AE86. And taking NONE of the soul out from the AE86. What do you get?

Jacobxxx
21st July 2011, 11:37 AM
that makes it sound awesome, totally buying one

mong
8th September 2011, 12:43 PM
I will punch the crap out of the head of Toyota Australia is he makes the FT-86 a Celica.......

FoldKing86
8th September 2011, 10:15 PM
I will punch the crap out of the head of Toyota Australia is he makes the FT-86 a Celica.......

Get your gloves out then!!

Oly AE86
8th September 2011, 11:03 PM
That really does sound good, might be time to start stripping out...

LT510
10th September 2011, 12:28 AM
The Aus spec version should be a real drivers car. Non turbo flat four tuned for aussie fuel- sounds fantastic. And now so middleaged hairdressers can relive their glory days there gonna call it celica.

But toyota are nice enough to have subaru engine mounts in there, so you can pull out the mighty NA lump and stick in a 10 year old front cut engine. Great idea when buying a new car-reckon they'll still honour their warranty?

What a hoax.

Saikou
11th September 2011, 02:15 AM
i'll end up debadging it if it's gonna be labelled celica.

fergo308
29th November 2011, 09:13 PM
I have less of a problem with it being badged as a celica than 'FT86" '86' or 'GT86'... It looks more like a celica/supra than anything else corolla,and as mentioned above, to most people, '86' means nothing but a number inbetween 85 and 87.

Justin...

johl
29th November 2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/3/555202.jpg

rthy
30th November 2011, 06:24 PM
yeah Celica is a bigger name in Australia.

personally id pref Sprinter :)

rthy
30th November 2011, 07:20 PM
or replace it with this:
http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/news/2011/small-passenger/toyota/tokyo-motor-show-toyota-funvii-concept-27845

sevensevenseven
3rd December 2011, 01:17 PM
in the sa paper today theres a big article on it, should be here around april at about 32k

jaqule
5th December 2011, 10:41 PM
Sad to hear its that much ( is that pov pack ? )

Was hoping under 28k

Saikou
9th December 2011, 10:56 PM
i wonder what are listed as options.

redhachi86
23rd January 2012, 06:34 PM
I have some photos of the FT86 from when i was in japan, i must say though the brz GT spec gets my vote!

AJPS
24th January 2012, 09:34 AM
loads on reviews out now

top gear (uk)
evo
motor

Matt
24th January 2012, 11:03 PM
hoping to have one available to drive at a track day later this year....

Willofan
4th February 2012, 05:40 PM
Had a drive of the new 86 and I am impressed. It is absolutely balanced package and handles like a rwd should, you can even turn of the VSC for extra excitment. Perfect platform for future development.
Love it.

hachirusto
5th February 2012, 03:41 PM
able to share any details on what the potential australian version is going to be like Will? is it going to be simlar to the Jap versions we have seen on the net or are they going to detune it / gay it up like toyota australia has done with everything else cool that australia has gotten

Willofan
5th February 2012, 04:30 PM
The ADM version is the same driveline spec as the rest of the world with 147kw, however we ozzies do get the 4.1 diff instead of the 3.7 diff to make it more lively instead of economical. Not so gay for a change!!
Not at liberty to share any more until 8-6 2012.

hachirusto
5th February 2012, 06:57 PM
haha my birthday will have to see if I can go for a test drive on the day then

McLEVIN
7th February 2012, 11:07 PM
when is the expected release date

fergo308
8th February 2012, 07:14 AM
Not at liberty to share any more until 8-6 2012.

^^^ Good chance that's when I'd say...

Justin...

plohl
8th February 2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DAHFQnyX0C0

HachiRoku
8th February 2012, 04:31 PM
So cool it comes out a day before my birthday!

I heard the 1st shipments of BZR's arrived a few days ago, cant wait for the 86 though

RobertoX
8th February 2012, 06:54 PM
Not at liberty to share any more until 8-6 2012.^^^ Good chance that's when I'd say...

Justin...

Rather an appropriate release date :P

FoldKing86
8th February 2012, 08:45 PM
Info gets leaked all the time to various website/forums.

LOL Willofan talks like he is the only 1 that knows anything.

Not long and we will know more.

Better yet in 3-4mths and they will be in the show rooms or atleast have brochures.

Not long now peeps.

Willofan
8th February 2012, 09:29 PM
LOL Willofan talks like he is the only 1 that knows anything..

I am way down the list of those who have seen and driven this car and there many more who know more about it. I just like to set the bait.

quoccy
24th February 2012, 12:47 AM
Did anyone here get a call today from their local dealer about ordering the 86?

McLEVIN
24th February 2012, 01:30 AM
No but did they say when you'll get it lol if ya did

plohl
24th February 2012, 12:58 PM
No - i want a call!

hachirusto
24th February 2012, 01:06 PM
mine must be lazy got no phone call as of yet, did they give you any info on them?

Anthony
24th February 2012, 02:50 PM
A friend here in Brisbane did. He was asked to choose colour and model. Seems we're getting 2 grades, not one. Still no prices though.

quoccy
24th February 2012, 04:12 PM
A friend here in Brisbane did. He was asked to choose colour and model. Seems we're getting 2 grades, not one. Still no prices though.

Awesome, Looks like I'm not the only one.

Me and a mate both put deposits down about a month ago...
Got a call to choose colour and model aswell, but also no price yet...

hachirusto
24th February 2012, 08:57 PM
so what are the differences between the grades have they given u details? if you can display on public forum send me a pm

johl
24th February 2012, 10:33 PM
what colours are available?

Willofan
25th February 2012, 04:11 PM
Orders for first build 05/12 have closed for June release any orders now will be for June production July delivery if your lucky. If your real lucky, the bigger dealers may have ordered a few extras for their own stock for launch. By July, the dealers are expecting a 4 month lead time in orders, by the end of the year it could be out to 6 month lead time for delivery. Intitial supply to Aus is 400 in the first month across 220 dealers including launch and press stock.
The colours are silver, white pearl, bronze mica, black, charcoal, and one other?? (I can't remember off the top) The black is the only solid colour.
Still no mention of price at all, so don't ask.
Two levels in manual or auto with the same running gear. Body kit will be about 3 months behind and supplied based on demand. Level one is plain upholstery and basic instruments, Level two is much nicer trim with awsome instrument panel.

Anthony
25th February 2012, 11:28 PM
I believe the upper grade has leather but dont think he went for that, and the missing colour there may be Blue, as that's what was chosen :)

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for the kouki.

ae8zn6
26th February 2012, 06:56 PM
hmmmm, I had read that blue was only going to be available on the brz, guess the magizine must have got it wrong!

6 months lead time is a pita! Out of principle I refuse to buy one without test driving it first and if they are going to be so scarse there may not be an oppertunity to do so.

Guess I may just have to wait a fair while as a result...

luke111
27th February 2012, 11:29 AM
missing colour is lightning red, but there is also a galaxy blue....
high grade has different wheels and seat trim among other things

RobertoX
1st March 2012, 03:02 PM
Toyota JP website has all the colours and specs etc for Japan market...
It seems AU will essentially be getting a watered down version of this. (like no RC etc)

http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/spec/equipment/photo/index.html

Also, TRD accessories available, bit pricey though:
http://toyota.jp/86/dop/package/index3.html

AJPS
1st March 2012, 03:47 PM
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?langpair=auto|en&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&u=http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade4/index.html&usg=ALkJrhgAv70arbW47HMoSdvGzILPx0GM2A

under 2 million yen!

RobertoX
1st March 2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah :(
TMCA, why do we not get the RC?!!

Nikkojoe
6th March 2012, 10:02 AM
Bad news for the price of the car.

"Core Target
- Males aged 35-49
- style conscious
- White collar
- Household income (HHI) $150K"

Toyota Australia need to rethink that a little...

ae8zn6
6th March 2012, 10:51 AM
Where did you get that info Tom?

hachirusto
6th March 2012, 11:10 AM
realisitcally sounds correct, would have put it into 25-49 bracket for some of the younger working professionals that are currently buy cars like the golf GTis or slightly older 1 series/ 3 series coupes and 370's

Nikkojoe
6th March 2012, 11:45 AM
Where did you get that info Tom?

Toyota DSM pack

If i was in that age group earning 150k I wouldn't be looking at this car...

RobertoX
6th March 2012, 12:22 PM
If you had kid(s) and a mortgage like many 35-49yr olds, you probably wouldn't be able to afford much more on just 150k combined....
I reckon that's exactly the demographic that will be buying this car, and probably more guys 50+ rather than guys 35-

Hopefully ther'll be some old ladies in the mix that will sell their cars in 10 years time with only a few easy k's on the clock :P

ae8zn6
6th March 2012, 05:49 PM
Still, there are always DINKs who might be on a little less and a little younger who would find this appealing

ae8zn6
6th March 2012, 05:51 PM
Also specifying white collar is probably a little more snobby than a company like Toyota should really be open about!?!?

bill kwok
6th March 2012, 10:58 PM
anyone knows when will the 86 come out?

ae8zn6
7th March 2012, 12:22 AM
8/6/12 is the release date. Dare say that is just a publicity thing though, who knows when they will be properly available to test drive/ buy.

RobertoX
19th March 2012, 12:44 PM
One step closer, BRZ & 86 lines off...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/16/subaru-brz-and-toyota-gt-86-production-gets-underway-w-video/

lol
www.youtube.com/embed/aE0WGpIFSlI

SprinterTRD
21st March 2012, 03:56 PM
It would seem the Subaru AUST will have them in May

From MRT Mag,

"Subaru has confirmed CarAdvice's exclusive story from last week by revealing the rear-wheel-drive BRZ sports coupe is coming to Australia in 2012."
'CarAdvice reported one of Subaru's largest Australian dealerships would have limited numbers of the BRZ in its showroom by May, potentially beating the Toyota 86 to market, which is due in "mid-2012"."

RobertoX
23rd March 2012, 11:46 AM
US Scion FR-S pricing was released
Entry level $24,930USD
http://www.scion.com/

Seems cheap! However to put this in perspective, a 2012 4cyl camry SE (Us sports spec) costs 23,000USD
(http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Toyota_Camry/prices/)
So in the US the FRS will be more than the camry sports.

The equivalent in Aus is the 2012 "Atara SX"
which goes for 35,990AUD (Toyota website says 39,548AUD "drive away")

It'll depend on Toyota's pricing strategy in Australia however if it's anything like the US then the cost might be in the low 40,000 range before you get it on the road...

Of course this is all speculation and I really hope it turns out to be in the original predicted area of "low 30's", ie 35,000 or under but we'll see!

FoldKing86
23rd March 2012, 11:09 PM
Toyota Aus will screw every last cent out of this car.

Dont expect it too be under 35k on road you will only be heart broken.

Personally this car is a total failure already and it isn't released yet.

McLEVIN
25th March 2012, 02:29 PM
Posted by 7tune

Put away your KEI cars - Toyota has announced race packages for the Toyota 86!!

They are offering complete race packages that include the car and all it's modifications for two different series -starting at $35,000 and going to $55,000.

FoldKing86
26th March 2012, 11:00 AM
And only avail in Japan most likely

RobertoX
26th March 2012, 11:26 AM
Down the botom, the two types are "Sprint ract type"(3,000,000yen type) for "Fuji Champion Race" and "Endurance race type" (5,000,000 yen type) for "Super Endurance Series".
So there are already some one make series planned I guess...

Options read:
(bottom section of the table)
Different roll cages (can't read too fuzzy), Different size fuel tanks (30L, 85L), recovery hook , cut off switch, air jack
edit: cages are 組立=assembled(ie bolted) or 溶接=Welded

The rest of the basic specs are the same as the RC, wheelbase, track, power/torque etc (on the right column here http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/spec/equipment/photo/index.html)

Nikkojoe
29th March 2012, 01:11 AM
Do you know when the price will be released publicly? Entry level model lower end of 30's or higher end? (rrp before Orc of course)

Aero being trd kit? Or something else?

RobertoX
29th March 2012, 08:58 AM
Interesting... Do you know if the grades will be equivalent to any of the Japanese ones?

Example
86GT = Japan "G",
86GTS = Japan "GT"
86 GTS Aero. = Japan "GT Limited"
Or something along those lines...

Will the "aero" get the front and rear undercovers?

ae8zn6
29th March 2012, 09:09 AM
That's refreshing news wideslider. Mind you if we can't get our hands on one I guess it doesn't matter how little it costs :S

June isn't far away now though... When do the ads hit our tele's I wonder...

FoldKing86
29th March 2012, 12:11 PM
Tell us wideslider does it start with a 2, if so ill go place my deposit now.

I would happily wait till xmas if that's what is needed so long as the car meets my criteria and price, but 35k+orc for a rwd corolla with ds injection and a boxer engine does not meet my criteria.

Interesting... Do you know if the grades will be equivalent to any of the Japanese ones?

Example
86GT = Japan "G",
86GTS = Japan "GT"
86 GTS Aero. = Japan "GT Limited"
Or something along those lines...

Will the "aero" get the front and rear undercovers?

Sound logical Rob.

Im rather curious as to Aus version of the base models radio, look out Toyota if its like the US version :steamer:

hachirusto
29th March 2012, 12:25 PM
so when is the pricing going to be released? can you pm me if you dont want to post it up on the forum

wideslider
29th March 2012, 01:06 PM
There is a picture of a red 86 thats in Australia with the aero kit on it, Its not stamped TRD but guessing thats where it comes from.

We are alligned close to the JDM models but no race version unfortunantley. It's a 50:50 split of autos to manuals too.

FoldKing86
29th March 2012, 01:14 PM
There is a picture of a red 86 thats in Australia with the aero kit on it, Its not stamped TRD but guessing thats where it comes from.

Oh yo mean that shopping trolley looking thing :steamer:

bill kwok
29th March 2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks! I watched on the Japanese Toyota website. Looks pretty awesome!

FoldKing86
29th March 2012, 02:39 PM
Tell us wideslider does it start with a 2, if so ill go place my deposit now.

I would happily wait till xmas if that's what is needed so long as the car meets my criteria and price, but 35k+orc for a rwd corolla with ds injection and a boxer engine does not meet my criteria.

Sound logical Rob.

Im rather curious as to Aus version of the base models radio, look out Toyota if its like the US version :steamer:

Sorry forgot to add but i think our base gets leather gear knob and steering wheel, not 100% on but i read it somewhere

Nikkojoe
29th March 2012, 07:16 PM
From the DSM pack:

Base Model:
Audio-
AUX&USB Input
6.1" Display Audio
Multi Information Display (MID)

Premium:
As base with SatNav Audio

sevensevenseven
29th March 2012, 08:46 PM
airjacks, cage, fuel cell. -horn

FoldKing86
29th March 2012, 08:49 PM
airjacks, cage, fuel cell. -horn

No way in hell would Toy Aus endorse or release these items. Well maybe the horn.

I doubt they would even order them for you, but we have ways.

FoldKing86
30th March 2012, 08:53 AM
Today is a new day Ben, any more you can share with us. Like possible difference in $$ between models 1-2-3-4k maybe.

You got me all rev'd up now with your statement.

wideslider
30th March 2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUPCwolLrsY&feature=youtu.be

RobertoX
30th March 2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25437

Interesting article about "who owns the BRZ/86"
Also points out that there are differences in the suspension tune. BRZ is "more stable" due to spring rate balance.

FoldKing86
30th March 2012, 09:23 AM
Bwhahaha cheers Ben, its freaking beast isnt it.

FoldKing86
4th April 2012, 07:22 AM
Any new news Ben.

Willofan
17th April 2012, 12:27 AM
Next door neighbour is having a mid life late.

He went to a large Sydney Dealer to order a new 86, no mention of price only choice of grade and colours.

Sight unseen, he has put money down on a level 2 GTS auto in pearl white. He won't see it now till Jan 2013.

Nikkojoe
17th April 2012, 01:38 AM
I think it depends on the dealer, spec and colour to be honest. I know on another website, a dealer is advertising he has one more pre-order available (out of 4 allocated or something) to receive it around July? An older post below (3 days ago, cant find the newer one he did on saturday).

No worries Quick update guys, i just took another deposit for a pre-order this arvo so we only have 2 left of our 4 first batch cars available so if you want to be one of the first owners contact me at: andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au or on either 02 9828 8948 or 0406 237 776.

At this stage those who are in our first allotment (we anticipate) will be receiving their cars towards the end of June/early July.

As for those elusive demo cars...hmmm....We reckon there might be a couple floating around towards the end of May, however, from what i have seen of the official documentation they are considering end of May to release demo's to the dealers. Now whether that means only dealers will be permitted to test the cars as part of the official dealer launch or whether we will be able to offer drives to clients has not been determined as yet that i know of.

The majority of information flying around at the moment is all pure speculation because Toyota Australia have not released anything in writing confirming their plans. There is an internal dealer document doing the rounds on the web as the "official release" but even all the details in that document have not been confirmed 100% as anyone who has actually seen that document which was printed in February, 2012 would know that it is stated more than once on it that not all of the information has been finalized - hence the reason it was not published on the Toyota Australia website.

I know it's a pain waiting for definite answers, believe me i know - you guys are seeing how popular the car is on these forums - try it when you're getting 50+ calls a day plus people walking in off the street for a look and having nothing concrete to tell anyone - it's very frustrating indeed.

ae8zn6
17th April 2012, 08:11 AM
I wonder how long it would take to get a Subaru...

Matt
17th April 2012, 11:11 PM
A guy at my work was one of those who put down the 1k deposit... Dumb ass went auto though

Nikkojoe
18th April 2012, 01:16 PM
BRZ spotted on the road

http://www.postimg.com/68000/photo-67558.jpg

plohl
18th April 2012, 10:55 PM
awesome.

I know quite a few people who are very keen on these cars when they come out. It should be interesting to see how good they are and how well they sell.

Looking forward to june!

ae8zn6
19th April 2012, 08:27 AM
Is that on the Tonkin Tom?

I saw one a while back on the Hume Southbound:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/321699.jpg
Hiding in plain sight methinks...

...The dude pulled over shortly afterwards so I followed and managed to get a couple more photos:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/321700.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/321701.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/321702.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/321703.jpg

Was pretty stoked to be the one to actually sight one for a change rather than just hearing about them ;)

NIZLAH
19th April 2012, 03:39 PM
who thinks there will be a few of these getting around as D cars in given time?

Nikkojoe
19th April 2012, 11:17 PM
Is that on the Tonkin Tom?

hah I wish, apparently on the m4. The site I got this off also put your photos up now... :p

Just a question, did you see what inside looks like? Trying to figure out the spec level of the brz and since seeing one pic of the interior of a suspected ADR/crash test model, I feel as though it will fall between the gt and gts

ae8zn6
19th April 2012, 11:59 PM
I saw inside and it looked nice enough, no gps screen or anything, no black/red two tone which I think looks better anyway.

Dunno really, I did try and get a photo of that too, but you just couldn't see clearly through the glass.

that was about two months ago too btw...

dave2221
30th April 2012, 12:42 PM
Just spoke to a guy at Toyota....

GT will be base (approx $34,990 plus onroads)
GTS will get leather suede, GPS, bigger wheels, updated dash ect and keyless start and will be about 3k more (approx $38,990 plus on roads)

No word if we will get the TRD version, as we are only 3% of Toyota's worldwide sales.... but if we did it would prob be MONTHS after the release

McLEVIN
30th April 2012, 01:47 PM
We will not get the trd one. It would be years away not months if we ever got it

Matt
30th April 2012, 07:42 PM
I'll be leasing one later in the year..

I don't want to be the first to bolt on a supercharger or turbo if it'll fit...

ShowUsYourTints
5th May 2012, 03:00 PM
Hey guys,

If you can read Japanese, http://ft86.me/forum_patio/cgi-bin/read.cgi?bbs=forum&no=195

http://ft86.me/forum_patio/cgi-bin/upl/1333031227-2.jpg
http://ft86.me/forum_patio/cgi-bin/upl/1333031227-1.jpg

The boys at HKS Japan have successfully fitted a Supercharger kit to the BRZ/FT86. Bumps the output to 250ps on small boost. Obviously not warranted as it is not a dealer option, but proof that it certainly can be done.

And also, a bloke I know put this on FB. He reckons it was one of the first cars to be registered.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/522207.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/522208.jpg

McLEVIN
6th May 2012, 05:51 PM
must acquire!!! http://citizen.jp/topics/2012/20120424.html

Nikkojoe
16th May 2012, 09:06 PM
So apparently all the pricing and final details of the car will be released in the first week of June, which is a bit over 2 weeks away (who thinks Friday the 8th? :p). I wonder when the launch day is?

Willofan
16th May 2012, 09:30 PM
Actual wholesale date is now June 18 due to a delayed launch and press day. Dealer launch is during the week following.

There is heaps of the press/launch cars landed and a few kicking around here at work.

Pricing will not be announced till the National road show just prior.

Customer back orders now out to Feb 2013 delivery.

McLEVIN
16th May 2012, 09:39 PM
Fook! I ordered mine in march. Them saying ill get it in Jul. I can't see me getting it till Nov. I was the 7th person at the dealer to order

Nikkojoe
17th May 2012, 01:45 AM
Actual wholesale date is now June 18 due to a delayed launch and press day. Dealer launch is during the week following.

There is heaps of the press/launch cars landed and a few kicking around here at work.

Pricing will not be announced till the National road show just prior.

Customer back orders now out to Feb 2013 delivery.

So are you saying the press day/official launch is on the 18th OR earlier? Sorry just confused what you said. Also a dealer in nsw on the other site posted he is now taking pre-orders for october 2012 delivery. Im sure there are a few dealers out there that have avaialble spots, and people that cancel orders too (there may be some that will cancel when pricing is released if it's not what is expected to them).

I got my info from an apparent TMCA rep who posted unofficially on another website:

Hi friends,

More information on the 86 including final spec and price is due to be released to both the public & Dealers in the first week of June.

For the record, TMCA staff do read these forums and if we could answer your questions we would. I just waited 12 years for the sequel to my favorite video game... I understand how painful the wait is for a product you are passionate about.

I originally came to this forum because a Dealer leaked a document my team created - the infamous DSM Pack. Since this was leaked all other information has been under tight lock & key. I don't know the price, and I sit around the corner from the guy who creates the pricing proposals (side note: he's a nice guy who understands Akio Toyoda's vision, you're in good hands).

I love how much you love this car and I guess the point of this message is to let you know we hear you and more information is coming early June. I'm not going to answer any questions (because I either can't or don't know the answer) and I'm not going to post again. Those who end up purchasing the 86 will be very happy

- Courtney

I'm going to go ahead and add this: The views expressed here are my own and are not an official communication from TMCA or it's Dealers.

With note to the last part, i'm not sure how true this is or if someone was just trolling.

That said, anyone seen the june copy of the wheels mag? It has the 86 against the cayman, with the 86 taking out the win scoring a 9/10 (cayman an 8/10). Nice review however the DSM pack in feb predicted that there will be a wheels magazine review in june as part of the launch.... To me it seems TMCA knew the review was going to be good in feb before it was even driven in april. I guess they will use quotes of the review to make an ad like that crap camry one on recently???

shimatta
22nd May 2012, 12:10 AM
Had a look and sit in a ft86 while in japan recently. Its such a awesome car. If only I had a international licenses then would of been able to test drive one too.
Can't wait till they come out in Australia. Took a lot of photos of it. Getting to the spark plugs looks like a bit of a mission from what I could see thou.

McLEVIN
22nd May 2012, 12:28 AM
Upload them

Nikkojoe
22nd May 2012, 01:46 AM
Well i've been told that they arrived at the parts warehouse in kewdale (Perth) today. I've also read one was spotted with dealer plates heading from the docks toward the warehouse....

I would say that they are going to be held up until the release date then sent to dealers. But i'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Matt
22nd May 2012, 09:13 AM
Rumour has it that dealers will have the in about 3 -4 weeks.. It is surprising that official pricing hasn't been released as yet, but if i had to guess 38k + onroads would be it.
Then it will be a substantial wait for us to get our hands on them.

Simata don't be shy, upload your photos :P

t-nol
22nd May 2012, 10:58 PM
I reckon alot of "pre-orders" will turn to bullshit, it takes nothing for joe blogs to put his name down without a deposit.

McLEVIN
22nd May 2012, 11:00 PM
They require a deposit but its refundable...so hopefully this is true as the cars will be offered to people further down the list

t-nol
22nd May 2012, 11:04 PM
I think that'll happen. There's certainly no lock in contract if there's no confirmed price yet. So if you want one, visit your dealer and express interest, mine calls me each week, with no info at all........ :(

Matt
22nd May 2012, 11:50 PM
My missus put down 1k to be on a waiting list. I think it is the dealers way of sorting out the dreamers from the genuine buyers...

Either way the toyota community are like kids a few weeks out from xmas knowing some of the presents they are going to get...

Soon the wait will be over

shimatta
23rd May 2012, 12:26 AM
Here comes the photos. Sorry they ain't the best, not sure if they ganna work either. Have a HKS 86 brochure as well. Will scan and upload once I have some time.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341684.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341686.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341688.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341690.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341692.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341694.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341696.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341698.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341700.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341702.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341704.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341706.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341708.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341710.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341712.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341714.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/9/6/341716.jpg

shimatta
23rd May 2012, 12:28 AM
Ok looks like the photos didn't work. *sigh* but the links should work.

Nikkojoe
23rd May 2012, 01:32 AM
For people in Melbourne there is a red gts demo going around to the dealers.

Looks nice :)

bigm
23rd May 2012, 08:39 AM
replace the <> with [] and your set (for pictures)

is it just me, or does the 40k ish price tag make it a little less appealing? Considering it only makes 147kw and not much provision for power upgrades (ie not turbo factory option)

I am all for it, and i understand the concept of keeping the ae86 tradition, just wish it was a little bit cheaper for what it is!

Matt
23rd May 2012, 09:08 AM
A price in the 20's would see at least double the numbers sold.... Either way it is a great step in the right direction for toyota to be doing.

I get why they went for the family car image in Aus but they should have kept a sporty TRD range too.

FoldKing86
23rd May 2012, 10:11 AM
replace the <> with [] and your set (for pictures)

is it just me, or does the 40k ish price tag make it a little less appealing? Considering it only makes 147kw and not much provision for power upgrades (ie not turbo factory option)

I am all for it, and i understand the concept of keeping the ae86 tradition, just wish it was a little bit cheaper for what it is!

Your definately not the only 1 BigM.

Although its fair to say the chassis is ready for some tough circuit work as a package from the factory this car is not a 40k animal.

I have it on good authority that if you get the GTS you will have change from 40k for your wheels-exhaust or whatever you like.

For me personally im waiting till about this time next year just too see what happens.

Not long now.

shimatta
23rd May 2012, 05:21 PM
40k would be a bit much seeing how a base model 86 in japan goes for bit over 20k.

RobertoX
23rd May 2012, 08:24 PM
More than a bit over 20k... the RC goes for 1,990,000yen which is $25,589. But, that is the stripped down spec which won't be offered here.
The cheapest equivalent offered in Aus is the "G" which starts at about 2,410,000yen and equates to $30,990

If you consider import duties and shipping costs from Japan etc then 40k isnt too much of a strech...
take for example the mazda mx5 which is made in Japan and imported to AUs, it goes for AU 47,940
The equivalent in Japan is 2,600,000yen which is $33,400
Sure its a different company but the importation costs can't be that different.

Toyota Aus will do very well to get it under 40k

Nikkojoe
23rd May 2012, 09:33 PM
Toyota recently released the new Prius V, which the equivalent model in japan sells for around 3million yen. In Australia it is priced at 35,990+ORC, so if the same logic is applied it could well mean the GTS will be under 40k drive away and the GT 4k less then that.

But there is more to pricing than shipping and import duties. Pretty much volume sales determines pricing, just look at the scion frs. I mean it would be the same spec as our GT model we will get, yet its 25k+orc. Unfortunately the Australian population of ~ 23million vs the American population of ~311million, we will never sell enough to make it feasible at that price.

RobertoX
24th May 2012, 09:04 AM
^^ Yeah I really hope it will be something more along those lines... and you're right, the pricing strategy will consider much more than import costs/taxes. Cars in the US are always stupidly cheap as well.
but if I had an order in and was getting the finances sorted I would be budgeting for 40+ and then I could be pleasantly surprised if it comes closer to 35 (doing the opposite would be disappointing)

Matt
24th May 2012, 09:36 AM
There is an email which has been posted up which came out of Toyota indicating the will be in the 30's. But since that email came out, if you enquire about the price you'll get a very standard copy / paste response indicating the pricing isn't yet finalised.

I have a feeling sometime next week or next all the information we are chasing will be released

Nikkojoe
24th May 2012, 12:03 PM
Dealers get told on the 4th June (or sometime that week in perth) so we should know that day or the day after.

FoldKing86
24th May 2012, 05:30 PM
http://gt86.com.au/gt86comau-invited-australian-toyota-86-national-media-launch/

Sorry to link from another forum but did anyone get invite from this forum.

3-4th july seems to be the days we will have what we have all be waiting for.

Nikkojoe
24th May 2012, 09:20 PM
Nope but I wish I was going.... But i'm drifting on the 4th so not that bad :)

lk8687
24th May 2012, 09:29 PM
Toyota website has updated the 86 site, it should come up soon..Can't wait...:)

Matt
24th May 2012, 09:57 PM
The information on the FT86 will be available on www.pressroom.com.au (http://www.pressroom.com.au) it is the site automotive companies use to leak information to the press officially.

Considering toyota head office is in Sydney, I'd be surprised if that was an official launch... Either way , dealers have already received the FT86 demo models and I'm sure the wholesale orders aren't too far away.

There are pics of an FT86 at Nunawadding in Vic floating about.

Nikkojoe
24th May 2012, 10:34 PM
The information on the FT86 will be available on www.pressroom.com.au (http://www.pressroom.com.au) it is the site automotive companies use to leak information to the press officially.

Considering toyota head office is in Sydney, I'd be surprised if that was an official launch... Either way , dealers have already received the FT86 demo models and I'm sure the wholesale orders aren't too far away.

There are pics of an FT86 at Nunawadding in Vic floating about.

Cheers for the info. Remember it's just called an 86 now, ft86 was just the concept :) also I posted this link the other day with the pics of the red gts in Vic. Also there is an orange gts in qld too ;)

For people in Melbourne there is a red gts demo going around to the dealers.

Looks nice :) pics here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6698

Matt
24th May 2012, 10:51 PM
To me it'll always be the FT86 :P

I wonder if this forum will drop the ae and just become 86drivingclub.com.au to welcome in the 2012 model 86 toyotas

AJPS
25th May 2012, 12:36 AM
just buy the domain and link them?

anastasios
25th May 2012, 10:47 AM
Will Cook (corolla drifter from NZ) just got the contract to produce TRD bodykits for our markets.

focus_7
25th May 2012, 08:01 PM
Friend of mine threw some images up onto the facebook.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/522264.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/522265.jpg

Matt
26th May 2012, 07:31 PM
Another ft86 article

http://carsales.mobi/news/2012/sports/toyota/ft-86/toyota-86-already-sold-out-30503

ShowUsYourTints
30th May 2012, 11:42 AM
Twincharged FT86 kit in development.

German company GRMN Gazoo has revealed a special content; the twincharged GT86 concept. The sports car is based on the Toyota GT86 (http://www.gtspirit.com/tag/toyota-gt-86) and features both a supercharger and a turbocharger. The final result is a performance of 320hp and 421Nm of maximum torque.
The technical setup includes a GRMN twin charger and GRMN dual exhaust system providing the increased performance and sound track. The handling also received an upgrade by adding a GRMN suspension, brake calipers and brake rotors for GRMN and new alloy wheels and tires.
On the outside, the Germans fitted a new front and rear fender, a racing rear spoiler, and a rear garnish GR logo. The interior has bucket seat, a four-point seat belt, a roll cage, a boost gauge, a water temperature gauge and an oil temperature gauge.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/05/17/official-grmn-gazoo-twincharged-gt86-concept/

Cheers,
Shazza

Seventy
30th May 2012, 11:40 PM
Toyota Australia facebook page posted this today
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/5/6/346252.jpg

Matt
30th May 2012, 11:45 PM
Finally we know when xmas is and how much the FT86 will cost...

tuned86
31st May 2012, 10:38 PM
hanging for a test drive. Probably have to look presentable just to earn some respect from the sales man for a test drive? maybe more luck after the dust settles, prob a show pony in the display room.

shift_rook
1st June 2012, 11:15 AM
Can someone keep an ear to the ground about spare parts. i would like 1 front & rear damper to model off so we can have coilovers ready :)

McLEVIN
1st June 2012, 11:54 AM
Can buy trd coilovers from Japan
They are over 3k though

shift_rook
1st June 2012, 12:29 PM
Apparently girlfriends uncles is head of Toyota spare parts Aus, will see if he can help :D

FoldKing86
2nd June 2012, 10:10 PM
Ben has been pretty quite in this thread since getting me all excited, any new info Ben, alittle teaser before Monday.

Nikkojoe
4th June 2012, 11:06 AM
29990+Orc for manual gt 86

ae8zn6
4th June 2012, 11:17 AM
How good, so they reckon about 4k more for the GTS...

Suppose there will be the costs of paint and whatever options you get as well, but should be able to get whatever you want for under 40k drive away :)

Well done Toyota!

Matt
4th June 2012, 11:53 AM
I think the sales will be positive for Toyota with this pricing model...

How hot does it look in this pic...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/images/86bathurst.jpg

Nikkojoe
4th June 2012, 11:58 AM
Quoted from pressroom.com.au

Standard equipment includes seven airbags, a five-mode stability control system, traction control, anti-skid brakes, 16-inch alloy wheels, cruise control, air-conditioning, CD sound system, daytime running lamps (DRLs) and a multi-information display.

The 86 GTS has 17-inch alloy wheels, a 6.1-inch display screen, satellite navigation with live traffic updates, auto-levelling HID headlamps, leather-accented front seats, dual-zone climate-control air-conditioning, aluminium pedals, LED DRLs and red stitching highlights.

Like all new Toyota vehicles, the 86 is covered by the capped-price servicing plan, Toyota Service Advantage, with up to four scheduled services at just $170 each^.

Toyota 86 pricing#

Grade RRP#
86 GT manual $29,990
86 GT automatic $32,490
86 GTS manual $35,490
86 GTS automatic $37,990

#Recommended retail prices exclude dealer delivery, government and statutory charges and optional extras.
*Fuel consumption and emissions data will vary depending on driving conditions/style, vehicle conditions and options/accessories. Source of data: ADR 81/02.
^Maximum payable for standard scheduled servicing (normal operating conditions) until first of 3 years or 60,000kms (up to the first 4 services). Excludes Government & Rental vehicles. Contact your Toyota Dealer or go to toyota.com.au/advantage for other exclusions and eligibility.

Gunner
4th June 2012, 12:02 PM
So very well priced, fuck I wish I could get.my hands on an engine.

Nikkojoe
4th June 2012, 12:04 PM
Might put a preorder in for jan/feb next year in white

Nikkojoe
4th June 2012, 12:47 PM
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/driven-toyotas-30000-coupe-20120604-1zqv3.html

All the pics for each model there

JUG-HEAD
4th June 2012, 01:34 PM
i just asked the boss to buy me one as a company car haha just waiting on his reply... which will no doubt be 5 minutes of laughter followed by a NO!

Nikkojoe
4th June 2012, 01:49 PM
Some interesting info for people :)

Toyota 86 has two brake packages

New Toyota 86 has two grade-specific brake packages to suit the 16-inch wheels on 86 GT and 17-inch wheels on 86 GTS.

86 GT has 277mm diameter ventilated front discs and 286mm diameter solid rear discs.

High-grade 86 GTS has 294mm diameter ventilated front discs and 290mm ventilated rear discs.

Both have aluminium callipers and a lever-type parking brake.

The brake response and vacuum booster have been fine-tuned to provide precise brake modulation.

and something on the DRL's

The 86 GT comes with halogen headlamps as standard while high-grade 86 GTS has high intensity discharge headlamps and LED (light emitting diode) daytime running lights (DRLs).

The 86 GTS also has a headlamp washer and foglamps in the lower section of the front bumper.

On GT grade, DRLs are fitted in the same position as the foglamps on GTS.

Rear combination lamps with a 12-element LED tail and stop lamp and rear turn signal lamp (globe) are standard across both models.

Two reverse lamps and a foglamp are integrated in the rear bumper, and there is a four-element LED high-mount stop lamp in the rear shelf.

LED lamps provide high visibility, a cutting-edge appearance and use less power than traditional stop lamps.

The sides of the rear lamps also have aero stabilising fins, which contribute to overall aerodynamic performance.

The stay-type side mirrors of 86 have a compact and lightweight design.

As well as providing maximum rear visibility, the door-mounted position allows for high visibility around the A-pillars.

Toyota 86 is available in seven exterior colours: Pegasus White, Tornado Grey, Thunder Silver, Storm Black, Velocity Orange, Sonic Blue and Mount Fuji Red.

sevensevenseven
4th June 2012, 02:19 PM
awesome, awesome, awesome

ecko
4th June 2012, 02:49 PM
if anyone wants the TRD brake upgrade.. Around $12k Del lol

Matt
4th June 2012, 03:12 PM
Absolute bargain...

AIROCOBRA
4th June 2012, 07:12 PM
Yes TRD brake kit may be 12k but wait till you see it ---- discs are the size of original AE86 RIM AND TYRE , well maybe a little bit smaller . Also when you get a chance drive one of these things , the driving position is perfect ( well for me it is ) Its like getting into a fighter plane , even the window seals the last bit like in a fighter jet when the door (cockpit ) is closed.

Delazy
4th June 2012, 07:17 PM
The point is that 6k would purchase a full aftermarket setup from *inserts big name brake manufacturers here* easily enough...

TRD edition 86 would be amazing...BUT I dnt think they will sell many "TRD options" based on the pricing I have seen...

Dylan
4th June 2012, 07:28 PM
Wonder if the "RC" model will be available here?

ae8zn6
4th June 2012, 08:04 PM
Wonder if the "RC" model will be available here?

lol, not a chance, lol

Not that it reeeeally matters that much as its not like youd be buying one for road rego, so you could always import one for race/rally use

RollaJase
4th June 2012, 08:57 PM
I was expecting ths GTS to be 40k before on-roads, this made my day :D.

wideslider
4th June 2012, 11:07 PM
I pick my one up on the 18th, white GT manual then go overseas for a month on the 21st.... 3 days of fun

lk8687
4th June 2012, 11:52 PM
Just wondering has 86 displayed on the Toyota Showroom in Sydney yet?

Willofan
5th June 2012, 08:18 AM
I pick my one up on the 18th, white GT manual then go overseas for a month on the 21st.... 3 days of fun

Give me the keys and I will look after it while your away.

Matt
5th June 2012, 08:30 AM
Lol i'm sure there would be a huuuge line up of people waiting....

stefan
5th June 2012, 10:40 AM
can't believe the price on these, does anyone know of one on display in brisbane? in all serious though if they had a beams motor in it instead of the boxer I'd buy one today.

Nikkojoe
5th June 2012, 10:51 AM
There are still dealers over east that have cars still available for delivery in June/July. From memory a silver and black gts and white gt, all manual. A guy emailed all dealers yesterday in his state and had a deposit on one to pick up one at the end of the month in an hour.

If you don't care for colour then I'm sure you can get something earlier... :)

ecko
5th June 2012, 11:59 AM
Met a girl sat night... Doing the normal chit chat today.. start talking about cars... She's keen on the 86.. i didnt even have to introduce her to it... going on a test drive date as soon as they're in stock..
Needless to say i will wife her

dave2221
5th June 2012, 03:17 PM
Met a girl sat night... Doing the normal chit chat today.. start talking about cars... She's keen on the 86.. i didnt even have to introduce her to it... going on a test drive date as soon as they're in stock..
Needless to say i will wife her

LOL

Any idea if the TRD model will be released as a special order?

Prob easier to just get a GT and bodykit/turbo it.

wideslider
5th June 2012, 06:07 PM
There are no plans for the TRD vehicle to be released, I saw the TRD parts in the flesh today, very amazing but too scared to price them up

AJPS
5th June 2012, 06:14 PM
so the trd parts are here in aust?

FoldKing86
5th June 2012, 06:16 PM
There are no plans for the TRD vehicle to be released, I saw the TRD parts in the flesh today, very amazing but too scared to price them up

Last time i tried to look i had the Big Brake kit at about 10k and the coilovers about 3k. But thats just me looking, other factors are involved.

Ben can you link me or tell us what our models are.

Im hearing we get the GTS which is the same as GT Limited, but pics suggest otherwise.

McLEVIN
5th June 2012, 06:59 PM
I doubt Trd parts are here but they are listed on Toyota.jp website

ecko
6th June 2012, 10:46 AM
I have emailed the exact TRD catologue with JDM prices to someone to add here,
But yeah Brakes around 11k coilovers 3.3k start button $200 the Door jam thingo $200
Unless toyota aus bring back TRD aus dealers wont sell them

chrisjjanfd3s
6th June 2012, 11:01 AM
Wow Toyota priced the car perfectly. Considering our base model costs 2,259,000 jpy which is about $29500. I can see Toyota selling shit loads of these

Matt
6th June 2012, 11:24 AM
A couple of other useful things to read...

SPECS ON MODELS

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/71428-Toyota-86-2012-Official-Press-Kit

and

TRD CATALOGUE

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/images/TRD_86.pdf

Brochure

http://www.toyota.com.au/static/vehicles/86/content/pdf/86_digital_brochure.pdf

AJPS
6th June 2012, 11:43 AM
so it is 5x100 was hoping for 5x114.3 - no biggie, but still...

McLEVIN
6th June 2012, 12:43 PM
So are you gonna be able to run wheels with neg offset and lots of dish? Or are we gonna have to run wheels like enkeis and emotions like on evos and wrxs. If you get what I'm saying

geoff
6th June 2012, 01:15 PM
The TRD upgrade wheels are 18x7.5 +46 so you're probably going to have to run wheels in similar specs to evos and wrxs

focus_7
6th June 2012, 02:09 PM
Considering the price in a few years every cashed up P-plater will be in an 86.

ecko
6th June 2012, 03:06 PM
Ive got my first 2012 86 customer :) Wants wheels and coilovers
we need a wheel fitment thread im going to recomend the following wheels though i reckon
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nw_REpfDwbU/T8RqaNgyqLI/AAAAAAAAJBw/sSO8PytkV3g/s1600/Work+wheels+toyota+86.jpg

AJPS
6th June 2012, 03:24 PM
looks fucking good there

bigm
6th June 2012, 04:16 PM
^^ great success

ShowUsYourTints
6th June 2012, 04:56 PM
Just a cool pic I found. BRZ vs FT86 side by side.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/1/9/351761.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/5/0/1/9/351763.jpg

ecko
6th June 2012, 05:07 PM
Ummmm

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/522300.jpg

sevensevenseven
6th June 2012, 05:27 PM
yeah...

nah

McLEVIN
6th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Varis86

AIROCOBRA
6th June 2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/538032.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/AE86SPRINTER/IMG_0008.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/AE86SPRINTER/IMG_0007.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351773.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351775.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351777.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351779.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351781.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351783.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351785.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/351787.jpg

note the difference in trim between GT & GTS

Matt
6th June 2012, 07:22 PM
You'd buy the gts

FoldKing86
6th June 2012, 07:36 PM
How can i buy 1 of these test cars!

AJPS
6th June 2012, 08:04 PM
looks like theyre at bates?

wideslider
6th June 2012, 11:47 PM
Today I had the pleasure of driving the 86 in the wet around Sydney so I thought I should share my experience.

The first thing I noticed is how low you sit in them, they really are super low for a factory car. The seating position was near perfect, the steering wheel and pedals were all exactly in the right position. It has a distinct boxer note on start up but what surprised me the most was the induction noise under load. It has a pipe from the intake piping to the cabin to give you noise when your into it while still being relatively quite out the pipe.

It pulls well from about 2500rpm but noticeably come alive at 5500 to a slow limiter at around 7600rpm. The shift it super short and tight with a light clutch and pedals set perfectly for heal and toe downshifts. The steering wheel is perfectly round and weighted perfectly and also has a very good turning circle, I'll get to that shortly.

The brakes even in the wet on the stock Yokohama 16's pulled up better than any AE86 setup I have ever driven. To turn traction control and stability control off it requires you to press and hold the trc/vsc button for 5 seconds. First it turns off traction and then the vsc after the 5 seconds. There is also a sports vsc mode which appears to leave traction on but remove vsc.

The car has a heap of grip but when you do break traction the diff hooks two wheels up every time regardless of the surface, speed or how unweighted the inside wheel is. Steering lock seems endless and even with the stock suspension sat flat and had so much feel, I doubt I would put coil overs in one, maybe bigger sway bars but for a street driven car it was near perfect.

I also had a chance to drive an auto which I thought would be disappointing but actually impressed me massively. The auto is very aggressive, 1st to 2nd in the wet stepped out. It bites hard each gear change and happily let's you shift down gears at the speed you like allowing it to self blip the throttle down to 7000rpm. It holds limiter in gears too so you can slide it without it trying to shift up on you.

I'm amazed by the drift/track car that can be daily driven with air con and 6 airbags and which looks amazing. It has reaffirmed my decision to buy one. They are destined to be the new AE86 but will never replace them.

Matt
7th June 2012, 06:38 AM
Sounds like toyota got it right with the new 86 and are back in the sports car market with a vengence...

shortround
7th June 2012, 08:17 AM
I just walked past a black one parked on Bourke St Melbourne.

ecko
7th June 2012, 10:51 AM
Hmm buy GTS?
or save the 5k and buy Recaro's and coilovers/TRD LSD/Wheels...for the GT model?
Only disappointing thing is the stock wheels really

tuned86
7th June 2012, 11:12 AM
How would you compare sensitivity do you get responsiveness at low speeds like feeling of backwbeels

Today I had the pleasure of driving the 86 in the wet around Sydney so I thought I should share my experience.

The first thing I noticed is how low you sit in them, they really are super low for a factory car. The seating position was near perfect, the steering wheel and pedals were all exactly in the right position. It has a distinct boxer note on start up but what surprised me the most was the induction noise under load. It has a pipe from the intake piping to the cabin to give you noise when your into it while still being relatively quite out the pipe.

It pulls well from about 2500rpm but noticeably come alive at 5500 to a slow limiter at around 7600rpm. The shift it super short and tight with a light clutch and pedals set perfectly for heal and toe downshifts. The steering wheel is perfectly round and weighted perfectly and also has a very good turning circle, I'll get to that shortly.

The brakes even in the wet on the stock Yokohama 16's pulled up better than any AE86 setup I have ever driven. To turn traction control and stability control off it requires you to press and hold the trc/vsc button for 5 seconds. First it turns off traction and then the vsc after the 5 seconds. There is also a sports vsc mode which appears to leave traction on but remove vsc.

The car has a heap of grip but when you do break traction the diff hooks two wheels up every time regardless of the surface, speed or how unweighted the inside wheel is. Steering lock seems endless and even with the stock suspension sat flat and had so much feel, I doubt I would put coil overs in one, maybe bigger sway bars but for a street driven car it was near perfect.

I also had a chance to drive an auto which I thought would be disappointing but actually impressed me massively. The auto is very aggressive, 1st to 2nd in the wet stepped out. It bites hard each gear change and happily let's you shift down gears at the speed you like allowing it to self blip the throttle down to 7000rpm. It holds limiter in gears too so you can slide it without it trying to shift up on you.

I'm amazed by the drift/track car that can be daily driven with air con and 6 airbags and which looks amazing. It has reaffirmed my decision to buy one. They are destined to be the new AE86 but will never replace them.

quoccy
7th June 2012, 02:54 PM
So anyone on this forum put down a deposit???
Called my sales person and they said it will be coming early July.

Just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed over because I ordered back in March...

McLEVIN
7th June 2012, 03:18 PM
That's when they said ill take deliv of mine, I too ordered in march. But I'm not holding my breath.

Nikkojoe
7th June 2012, 07:50 PM
Will probably go around to dealers on Monday to put a deposit down on the best priced one that will not screw me over :p. At this stage it's 39.5k drive away for a white manual gts, which is something like 1900dealer deliver and 300 for metallic paint, the rest is stamp duty and rego(license + ctp). Gt in same setup is 33.5k

FoldKing86
7th June 2012, 08:57 PM
$3000-$4000 seems to be the average driveaway but check with your local dealer.

Asked my local today and assured me all he has this year will have tint and other dealer options once known and none of the first batch will be as per rrp + ORC, none will be under 35k i just laughed and walked out.

No pre orders yet at that dealership either, plenty of inquiries thou. Couldnt even tell me how many or what type and colour he had coming.

wideslider
7th June 2012, 10:41 PM
Hi guys, wholesale is 18th of June but expect the first batch into the dealerships to be demo'd or sold at full retail with every option available. If your looking to purchase my advice is to call rural dealerships as they still have unsold stock available for wholesale!

_sawyer_
7th June 2012, 10:43 PM
I saw one tonight driving down sunshine ave and I must say I nearly creamed my pants, they look so bloody good!

Matt
7th June 2012, 11:19 PM
Hi guys, wholesale is 18th of June but expect the first batch into the dealerships to be demo'd or sold at full retail with every option available. If your looking to purchase my advice is to call rural dealerships as they still have unsold stock available for wholesale!

or wait

wideslider
7th June 2012, 11:30 PM
I just hope the rrp stays where it is.....

MR 86
7th June 2012, 11:50 PM
I dont think it will stay at that rrp for a long time, it will surely increase soon.

Matt
8th June 2012, 10:12 AM
You would think with the positive publicity and expected sales it should stay where it is at least for a while....

McLEVIN
8th June 2012, 08:24 PM
From my local salesperson today said mine will be made this month.. and anyone else who orders will be 8months...

Here's what I can expect 26040

McLEVIN
8th June 2012, 08:25 PM

Matt
9th June 2012, 11:00 AM
Drives opinion of the 86

http://media.smh.drive.com.au/cars/car-news/first-drive-toyotas-30k-coupe-3347645.html (http://media.smh.drive.com.au/cars/car-news/first-drive-toyotas-30k-coupe-3347645.html)

gtv86
9th June 2012, 11:48 AM
Dropped by castle hill toyota and said the demo's coming in on the 21st. Of this month

ae8zn6
9th June 2012, 12:21 PM
Drives opinion of the 86

http://media.smh.drive.com.au/cars/car-news/first-drive-toyotas-30k-coupe-3347645.html (http://media.smh.drive.com.au/cars/car-news/first-drive-toyotas-30k-coupe-3347645.html)
They beat me to sutton road..... boo

Dropped by castle hill toyota and said the demo's coming in on the 21st. Of this month
Windsor (NSW) Toyota reckoned they are going to have one by the 18th... I really hope so because work is taking me off the grid for a month on the 20th :S

wanted_ae86
9th June 2012, 06:38 PM
seen one at bathurst toyota today have to take it for a test drive

ae8zn6
10th June 2012, 07:59 PM
http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012-Toyota-86-GTS-interior.jpg

Looking forward to when this is the new office!

MR 86
11th June 2012, 10:42 AM
Nice honest review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJapqg-RUY&feature=related

Nikkojoe
11th June 2012, 03:59 PM
Placed my order today on a white manual gts. Time to start planning what to do to it :)

jonbatz01
11th June 2012, 04:59 PM
exactly what i will be doing....seems like everyones getting GTS tho

Hmm buy GTS?
or save the 5k and buy Recaro's and coilovers/TRD LSD/Wheels...for the GT model?
Only disappointing thing is the stock wheels really

FoldKing86
11th June 2012, 05:49 PM
Ok show me how you plan to get wheels, Recaros, TRD LSD and coilovers for your GT with only 5k?

Personally i originally wanted the GT purely on speculation of the price but now its 10k less then i thought things are different.

Changing the wheels is a gimme, i can see about 90% of these wheels on both models been thrown in the bin, personally give me steelies ill find my own thanks.

Toyota may of gotten tuners ideas for the car but failed on the wheels terribly.

Matt
11th June 2012, 06:13 PM
The weight of the wheels is a win though.... With the wheels, I think Toyota felt people fall into 2 categories. Those who don't care and will leave them on and those who will get their own sets anyway. So it really isn't that much of a fail.

Seventy
11th June 2012, 06:29 PM
Ok show me how you plan to get wheels, Recaros, TRD LSD and coilovers for your GT with only 5k?
I think he meant Recaros and coilovers OR lsd OR wheels

Nikkojoe
11th June 2012, 09:17 PM
I think my stock wheels will be skidders :) Will keep standard lsd till it dies...

ecko
12th June 2012, 02:42 PM
Recaros 2k a pairish?
wheels 1k for rotas
BC coilovers $1300
TRD LSD $1100
Close enough to $5k :P thats doing it cheap tho
doing it properly id be doing WORK emotion CR KAI, Recaro's , HKS hypermax 4's and TRD LSD

Delazy
12th June 2012, 03:37 PM
BC coilovers and rota's on a brand new 86 :s yuckkyyy...

from what everyone that has driven it has said...would be much better off with the stock suspension from a handling point of view than the BC coilovers

AJPS
12th June 2012, 03:42 PM
Getting a stock manual gt and then spending

$10k on

Velos $2k
Wheels and rubber $3k
Coilovers $2.5k
LSD + brake pads with fitting etc 2k
+ change to get a tune or whatever
is still the best option

Still just over $40,000

will be interesting to see how the tuners react to this car

its the first car that has been released when we are deep in the internet age
its the first japanese car (that interests us) that has had a world wide simultaneous release and same spec

as in the japanese tuning companies dont have the head start or the funds like they used to

I think there will be two categories - premium jap/euro and some small aussie stuff, low volume high quality american stuff - high volume US ebay (china) shit and then a raft of companies selling utter shit for them

ecko
12th June 2012, 04:42 PM
BC coilovers and rota's on a brand new 86 :s yuckkyyy...

from what everyone that has driven it has said...would be much better off with the stock suspension from a handling point of view than the BC coilovers

As said was just an example, of how to do it for around 5k...
Still would love to know whats wrong with BC's tho

Delazy
12th June 2012, 05:11 PM
generic valving...valving regardless of car is basically the same...

They are still the best sub 1.5k option...

but would you really put them in a $35,000 car? It'd be like buying a GTR and putting sava tyres on it

luke111
12th June 2012, 05:46 PM
Bear in mind that as much as Toyota have said that the 86 is open for tuning and aftermarket parts etc. Modifying any part (wheels included) will result in voiding your manufacture's warranty.

ecko
12th June 2012, 05:53 PM
Meh valvings fine.. especially for a L plater Lazy :P
Luke fitting wheels will only void the warranty on wheel bearings/driveline bits as far as i know, Jonny rocester should be able to confirm tho

Delazy
12th June 2012, 06:12 PM
Meh valvings fine..

You have to say they are good, you sell them...

Matt
12th June 2012, 06:16 PM
BC's would probably handle worse than stock to be honest... The new 86 is setup pretty nice.

As for the voided warranty, it really only is voided on the aspect of the part you messed with... ie bolt a supercharger on and you're not going to void your stereo warranty.

Delazy
12th June 2012, 06:22 PM
BC's would probably handle worse than stock to be honest... The new 86 is setup pretty nice.

Werd, the only advantage would be height adjustability and at a loss of handling...

EVERYONE has commented on the feel of the suspension straight out of the box...it's quite aggressive for a road car...

I'm sure the shock works guys will comment on the standard valving when they get around to developing gear for them

ecko
12th June 2012, 07:53 PM
Werd, the only advantage would be height adjustability and at a loss of handling...

EVERYONE has commented on the feel of the suspension straight out of the box...it's quite aggressive for a road car...

I'm sure the shock works guys will comment on the standard valving when they get around to developing gear for them

What brand new car doesnt feel stiff tho, same was probably said for the 350z and nissan GTR when released,
Im not biased towards BC's at all tho id much rather sell HKS or bilstein suspension,
Hopefully toyota eventually offer a bilstein shock upgrade like the JZA80 , subaru currently do for liberty's so it may happen :)

shift_rook
12th June 2012, 07:59 PM
Honestly i don't want to come across bitching about other coilovers on the internet. The standard setup is already rather brilliant. I would say either leave it stock or spend good money on shocks with proper R&D. If you can afford to buy a 30k+ car you should be able to afford to at least fit it with the correct parts. Honestly i didn't find the suspension uncomfortable at all, a nice sucked in feeling but it doesn't kick off anything.

Valving is The most important thing in the shock, if the car doesn't handle better than previously or set a better lap time what's the point on spending over 1k on a setup, you could do so much better with a quality set of inserts, it's just a shame everyone wants the 'bling' of having coilovers...

FoldKing86
12th June 2012, 08:04 PM
Judging purely off all the pre release footage if seen the car has minimal body roll and looking at the swaybars makes me believe the stock setup must be ok for a stock car.

A tyre change would do wonders me thinks.

TRD makes coilovers so there must be a benefit in coilovers apart from height adjustment.

AJPS
12th June 2012, 08:17 PM
TRD makes coilovers so there must be a benefit in coilovers apart from height adjustment.

TRD makes money.

At $29990 the car is built to a price and to drive on roads, everything can be improved - for an intended use - for someone driving it to work and back in sydney the stock stuff would be perhaps more suitable? If you lived 5 mins from eastern creek the TRD suspension (or brand X) would make more sense

Naturally TRD would offer something for those wanting more