PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE TUNING IN SYDNEY

Victim
1st July 2011, 07:20 PM
The time has come to tune my 16V 4AGE.

I was after some recommendations as to where would be the best place to get it done. Willing to pay for a good job.

It's an internally stock, freshly rebuilt (~30,000 K's) 16V in an AE71, with 20V silvertop quads. Running an Adaptronic E420C ECU for management.

I believe i'd be after a VE tune.

I've spoken to Adaptronic and they recommended MRC Dyno in Castle Hill, but I wanted to see some other prices as a comparison, MRC wanted the better part of $700/$1,000, not including any cold-start settings.

The closer to West Ryde the better, if possible. It'll have to be trailered there and back so it'll save on transport costs.

Bonus points if they can hook me up with a pink slip!

Thanks heaps for any replies guys.

lolwat
1st July 2011, 10:50 PM
Hitman in penrith

sundee
1st July 2011, 10:59 PM
Unigroup at girraween.
JEM @ ingleburn

No particular order but both are great, you will get accurate results, please be careful! There are guys out their who are not ethically moral when it comes to giving true figures, it's very easy to make the system give a high and inaccurate readout.

sunbeam
2nd July 2011, 10:54 PM
My sprinter has been tuned by jem 2 times once befor I bought it they did the loom and ecu install first tune when I got it was very poorly done alright power resault but nothing spesh sexing time was even worse and a rip off for what I paid and the time it took for them to do it but that's my experience it's really up to you and where you feel comftable sending it =)

dtour
3rd July 2011, 10:36 AM
Mrc did my tune on my 20v with the e420c using ve tuning and I am more than happy wit the result. Trust me that is also your closest adaptronic tuner to west ryde.

GOT-20V
3rd July 2011, 04:17 PM
JEM did the 20V with adaptronic on my ke70 & had a hook up for a pinkslip down the road.

Car makes good power and has great fuel economy. 102kw atw and 500kms to the tank

reecegze
3rd July 2011, 04:32 PM
Jem pump cars out with rough drivability but good power figures , most people are just sick of them trying to tell you to get a haltech. Adam couldn't or could not be bothered tuning my cold start so I went else where the second time around.

Pulse racing as far as I am aware do the best for the adaptronics. Only my opinions

pen15
3rd July 2011, 08:08 PM
i have a tune ready for you for that exact setup done by unigroup if you want it and when you take it to them it would only need a touch up and cost you fuck all unigroup is by far the best in the business when it comes to tuning an engine but mechanical work i would rather do myself

cheers
mat

Victim
4th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Cheers for all the replies guys! Legends.

Food for thought.

So as far as I can tell, the reviews on JEM seem mixed.

Mrc did my tune on my 20v with the e420c using ve tuning and I am more than happy wit the result. Trust me that is also your closest adaptronic tuner to west ryde.

Sounds great mate, thanks heaps for your opinion.
They do sound like a reliable mob, plus being recommended by Adaptronic is a good sign.
I'm glad to hear you had good results, at the end of the day that's what i'm after.

Mate! I had a brief gander at your build thread, you're in Ryde! Nice, a local!
I haven't seen your whip around, and i'm always on the lookout for 86's & E7's in the hood haha.
I tried working out if you're near me from your photos but couldn't pinpoint where you are.

i have a tune ready for you for that exact setup done by unigroup if you want it and when you take it to them it would only need a touch up and cost you fuck all unigroup is by far the best in the business when it comes to tuning an engine but mechanical work i would rather do myself

cheers
mat

That sounds sick mate, you sound like you have a high opinion of them.

Do you work for them or something?

But yeah I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you'd be willing to share. Costing fuck all is always beneficial!
And if they are as trustworthy as you make out i'd be willing to give them a run for sure.

Oh and by the way, I do believe we have are mutual friends with Lawrence.

e7+20v=:)
4th July 2011, 09:49 PM
superior automotive northern beaches abit of a mission but awesome work they did my 20v with Adaptronic not many people know of them cause they dont do many street cars only clubmans historics etc and mostly motec stuff, problem these days is you hear bad stuff about every tuner just have to personally see whats best for yourself

sundee
4th July 2011, 11:36 PM
^^ nah i recommended unigroup to Matt (pen15) ive had 2 cars tuned with Unigroup and id always go back, obviously you can see matt was happy with his tune.
heres an eg.. i built an Sr20 DAto 1600... brought an engine from a smashed S14.. dyno sheet showed 244rwkw... once i got it going, it didn't feel like it.
i took the dyno print out to unigroup and he showed it to me and compared it to his after the tune... he pointed out the stats at the bottom which shows what the dyno is receiving from it sensors.
his read out was only 204rwkw.. but holy crap did it haul ass 50 times better then it did before..
and proved it on the way home by blowing off a modded R32GTR by a car length ( got to flat stick in 5th gear before backing off) needless to say the guy shat himself.

ryde is not far from girraween, well worth the trip.

Victim
5th July 2011, 09:58 AM
Fuck yeah mate, that sounds the tits!
Thanks for the opinion and the words of recommendation, good shit.
And you are true... not that far at all. But at the end of the day, i'd be willing to travel for a superior result.
Cheapening out now is somewhat counter-productive!

Well it seems like it is most definately in my interest to get in contact with Unigroup.
I just bounced them an email, let's see what they think.

Victim
5th July 2011, 09:59 AM
oh and Matt / pen15, if you're still willing to share that tune i'd be super grateful.

pen15
5th July 2011, 10:24 PM
yeah whats your email i can send it through to you and yes golberg is a good friend of mine and will be rewiring my bt20v when the time comes you must agree he does the best work on Toyota he IS the best when it comes to ke70 ae86 wiring with the 4age he knows his shit and is always keen to have a chat if something is playing up after he has wired it up but no i have never worked for unigroup i have just been a customer i took my car there in the morning of a wed my tafe day and i didn't leave until 3am Thursday morning that's how committed they where to get my car running when it comes to engine tuning they are by far the best in the business

example of their tunes my modded 7a makes 89.3 rwkw on paper but my friends bt20v makes 109 rwkw in a drag race we where dead even and when driving boh cars my car is a much nicer motor to drive its hard to explain but when they tune it on the dyno they will let you have a run i did a few runs with my car its great fun the difference with unigroups tune youvouz is the main man and he wont be happy till the engine runs as good if not better than a factory would relies an engine

to add one last thing jem is a big company and unless you are going to spend bigggggg $$$$$$$$ with them they don't want to fucking know you been through it with them before biggest bunch of wankers i know
unigroup are a no bullshit bunch and wont screw you around the only thing is if your going to go to them make sure your car is mechanically A1 otherwise you will be paying a few $$$ workshop hours aren't cheap

my base maps will gt the car running and able to chuck straight on fine tune and off again hopefully will turn out to be very cheap for you

hope all this helps

cheers
mat

Victim
7th July 2011, 09:22 PM
yeah whats your email i can send it through to you and yes golberg is a good friend of mine and will be rewiring my bt20v when the time comes you must agree he does the best work on Toyota he IS the best when it comes to ke70 ae86 wiring with the 4age he knows his shit and is always keen to have a chat if something is playing up after he has wired it up but no i have never worked for unigroup i have just been a customer i took my car there in the morning of a wed my tafe day and i didn't leave until 3am Thursday morning that's how committed they where to get my car running when it comes to engine tuning they are by far the best in the business

example of their tunes my modded 7a makes 89.3 rwkw on paper but my friends bt20v makes 109 rwkw in a drag race we where dead even and when driving boh cars my car is a much nicer motor to drive its hard to explain but when they tune it on the dyno they will let you have a run i did a few runs with my car its great fun the difference with unigroups tune youvouz is the main man and he wont be happy till the engine runs as good if not better than a factory would relies an engine

to add one last thing jem is a big company and unless you are going to spend bigggggg $$$$$$$$ with them they don't want to fucking know you been through it with them before biggest bunch of wankers i know
unigroup are a no bullshit bunch and wont screw you around the only thing is if your going to go to them make sure your car is mechanically A1 otherwise you will be paying a few $$$ workshop hours aren't cheap

my base maps will gt the car running and able to chuck straight on fine tune and off again hopefully will turn out to be very cheap for you

hope all this helps

cheers
mat

Fuck yeah Matt, check your PM's. I'll bounce my email through to you.

Oh, without a doubt. Golberg is the Corolla fucking Don. He knows his shit. I would recommend his wiring services to anyone, any day of the fucking week! Such a good bloke too. I hear you, the amount of times i've called him being like, dude... This isn't working.. Thoughts? And he's always happy to offer advice.

He's a wealth of car-related information.

That's so rad mate, glad to hear your motor runs so well and that you're so happy with their services.

Yeah i've been talking to him over email, he seems like a totally legit bloke. And he does give me the impression he's a perfectionist, which is what you want!

Ah, I see, thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sorted mechanically but i'll make double sure now just in case.

Yeah, that's the plan! Fuck yeah, you're a legend. Saving dosh is always good! Helps a tonne.

- Alex.

meadan
29th September 2011, 11:20 PM
what are people roughly paying for a tune?

Im looking at getting mine touched up soon too, but $500+ seems a bit much for something which already runs fine and just needs adjustment...

dtour
30th September 2011, 11:34 AM
The 500+ price tag would be for a full tune, ie starting from a base map and setting the car up.
I would find it hard to believe that some is going to make you pay that just to even out the afr.

Your best bet is to call around and ask.

sundee
30th September 2011, 10:00 PM
500 would be a basic touch up, a full tune with base map etc will set you back around $800