PDA

View Full Version : diff mount swaps, who to use

DRFTR86
23rd May 2009, 03:21 PM
hey guys, just wondering who have people used to swap over diff mounts, got a r31 bw78 with 4.11s, spooled, twin calipers, but, need the mounts swapped over

ive rang anthony a outlaw welding and he is coming around on friday to have a look, just wanna try some other people to get a range of prices

ive already tried keysborough differentials aswell

cheers rich

shift_rook
23rd May 2009, 03:26 PM
do it yourself?
as long as you're ok with a welder and you are ok at measurin it shouldn't be to hard

DRFTR86
23rd May 2009, 03:29 PM
nope not gonna happen, last time ive attempted this, axle housings heated up to quickly and warped them to the shit house

resol
24th May 2009, 03:31 AM
how about ADM bro?

pm me!

-dan

choonga
24th May 2009, 05:08 AM
or even Calvin at TTG

Hokey
24th May 2009, 01:17 PM
cheers choonga. i'd be able to make you a jig for it off my mates r31 diff in his corolla. probably cost a few hundred but it'd all depend on how long it takes. also you've gotta make sure that you don't heat it up like you said. weld a bit on one side then got to a different area and weld that. if it gets warped it'll probably leak oil once you're done haha

pm me if you're interested.

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 02:14 PM
I can give it a go, I charge by the hour and I would just do the time consuming part of using a jig, chopping off the old mounts and tack welding them onto the new housing. Then you can get anyone you like to weld it up. I wont charge you for making a jig either.

Hen may possibly be a nut
26th May 2009, 10:16 PM
After chopping and welding mounts you will need to get it straightened. Mine was at least 20mm out of round when finished. A good diff shop or crash repair place can straighten housings.

Hen

DRFTR86
27th May 2009, 08:44 PM
yeah im pretty sure sams tacking everything in place, ill take it to a diff shop to get the welds finished and straightened