PDA

View Full Version : is it worth going skid pan with no handbrakes?

b1gb3n
29th July 2011, 03:17 AM
as title says my handbrake doesnt work very well, but rear breaks are working tho. got jdm rear diff with trd 2 way lsd. is it still worth going to a skidpan day doing power overs etc without handbrakes??

KurtHS
29th July 2011, 07:33 AM
Yeah I reckon, just flick the shit out of it and kick the clutch to get it sliding and as it's a skid pan you don't have to worry about spinning and hitting anything, plus it'll make you a better driver as you're not relying on the handbrake.

Jacobxxx
29th July 2011, 10:14 AM
I've never skidded on track with a handbrake, have done Raleigh once, Archy once and QR once (but doing it again on Sunday), Would be nice but meh

b1gb3n
29th July 2011, 01:16 PM
my handbrake has never worked well enuff on the 86 lol

Jacobxxx
29th July 2011, 01:35 PM
Do you try using footbrake and handbrake at the same time? mine only locks up if i do that. Pretty annoying

kriss
29th July 2011, 02:37 PM
Fuckn oath its worth it

learn to skid with no handbrake and ull become a better driver and not be relying on it

b1gb3n
29th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Do you try using footbrake and handbrake at the same time? mine only locks up if i do that. Pretty annoying

my handbrake is hopeless even when parking on a flat surface lol! usually just floor the pedal. if i had mother energy drink ill just go into the corner faster lol

meadan
29th July 2011, 04:36 PM
tighten handbrake?

b1gb3n
29th July 2011, 07:12 PM
done that b4, and worked for a while. next step would be this http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=9628

Hen may possibly be a nut
30th July 2011, 01:32 AM
I completely agree with Krissssss. Firstly it'll still be fun and educational, and secondly you'll learn not to rely on the handbrake.

It's great (in hindsight) driving your car with all sorts of problems (no handbrake, clutch giving up, front tyres finished, no power, etc (ok, not all simultaneously)) so that you learn different techniques to drift.