PDA

View Full Version : pulled over by cops and a tv crew.. WTF!?

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 02:40 PM
I was driving down springvale rd when I saw the flashing lights in my rear mirror, I pulled over wondering if they saw how I took the corner hard off wellington rd a few km earlier. Thinking oh shit this can't be good, not one but a few cops get out out of two seperate cars, that was odd but I was not disturbed untill a guy with a proessional video camera stands next to the cop and starts filming me, I was like what the hell!? He informs me my car isnt registered, it seems I didnt make my rego payment because I for some reason didnt get a sticker from vicroads. I asked what was the story pointing to the camera and the officer says it will be exlained later. After all the formalities I have to make a statement to the camera if it is ok or not ok to use the footage for tv, that was a definate no. I later found out they are making a highway patrol show and they are collecting footage, just my luck eh!

So watch out vic people as you might end up on tv!

Oh and the fine for an unroadworth vehicle is now $580

Sherlock
24th May 2009, 03:01 PM
Sons of bitches!

sun_moon
24th May 2009, 03:01 PM
victoria the reality revenue state.

rthy
24th May 2009, 03:03 PM
dam badluck, i drove my lancer for 2 weeks unreg... then found the rego papers in pile of junk mail :(

ae86
24th May 2009, 03:06 PM
that sucks hey, really unroadworthy fines gone up ? i got one not long ago jus got defect and $180 fine cos the cop was an ass so i decided to be a smartass

sun_moon
24th May 2009, 03:06 PM
if it wasnt for that reality show, there is a rather large chance they would have not been driving around and catch you sam..... that really sucks ! with those shows they will look for drama or create it just to show an audience.

NIZLAH
24th May 2009, 03:13 PM
now SamQ your defiantly reaching celebrity status lol...

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 03:19 PM
I should of put the foot down to give them some decent footage, on the bright side if I did that there would be a good chance they would hear the scream of my 20v instead of being dubbed over with a V8 sound like the american shows. Once again I am so glad they didnt notice my fiberglass bonnet let alone open it

Intense
24th May 2009, 03:27 PM
Looks like a great way to promote a business. Just find some cheap shitta car, put stickers all over the thing advertising a certain business, make sure it has no rego. Where clothes affiliated to said business, and then get yourself pulled over by these guys. Cheapest TV airtime ever

ae86
24th May 2009, 03:33 PM
think we shud get some 86's on tv =o

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 03:37 PM
if they would of opened my bonnet and filmed that I would of agreed to have it on tv, purely for the fact that people would of laughed when they hear me about trying to explain about putting a different head on the same model block that it came out with.

DRFTR86
24th May 2009, 03:39 PM
this is gonna happen to me for sure, my luck with cops aint the best, but ill make sure im reppin the pigg 86 at the time

Dave
24th May 2009, 04:30 PM
wankers

Hokey
24th May 2009, 04:34 PM
so it's a 580 fine now when you cop a defect or is it 580 for not having registration?

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 04:37 PM
last time I got a defect which was 5 or so years ago, it was $180. No this was purely for an expired rego.

DRFTR86
24th May 2009, 04:43 PM
depends on cop and your attitude, if your n ass, their n ass, defects r just something u cop on the chin, if you know something isnt legal, ur gonna get a defect, not worth trying to get outta it, cos then u cop the fine. i never got a fine accompanying with a defect notice

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 04:49 PM
I copped that defect when I got pulled over near box hill and he acted like he had something against me. I am guessing the ricers had already worn him down before he got to me. I am always polite because there is always something more they can do to you

driftke70
24th May 2009, 07:06 PM
vote 1 on prop aganda

deafkid
24th May 2009, 09:42 PM
my boss got pulled over easter weekend with no rego in his pretty new hilux they had the camrea crew there too. he got the office lady to ring police media and said if they put it on tv he would sue them.

shift_rook
24th May 2009, 09:48 PM
man that sucks, should have said yes, would have been cool to see you on the tele:D

blacktopspirit
25th May 2009, 07:52 AM
so there was 2 cop cars to pull over one person for not having Rego?

I guess they had to up the fine to pay for the extra cop car? you never know when an AE86 driver is gonna pull a gun on you! so their right for having the extra cop car there, you know just to be safe!

Stinger
25th May 2009, 10:52 AM
should have gone on tv..... = instant celebrity!!!!!!!!!!!

JDM_KING
25th May 2009, 12:34 PM
yeah bro put the AE86 on tv your going to get the fine anyway so show everyone how kool AE86 are ???

yoshimitsu9
25th May 2009, 07:28 PM
i say leave the ae86 as mysterious as possible, i like being able to drive around in a modified toyota and not get pulled over every 2 minutes like skyline, silvia, vl etc drivers

fatke
25th May 2009, 07:30 PM
drftr86 u neva have trouble with cops ur lucky look at me i neva ahve luck wit the cunts i lost 9 points in one day and coped a canary the following weeks now i got no licence :(
but 4 more months and im back

sun_moon
25th May 2009, 07:42 PM
i say leave the ae86 as mysterious as possible, i like being able to drive around in a modified toyota and not get pulled over every 2 minutes like skyline, silvia, vl etc drivers

agreed !

greeneyes
25th May 2009, 07:47 PM
Get on TV! You know..

"an then this wog goes chk chk, boom!"

Instant fame and fortune!

DRFTR86
26th May 2009, 07:38 PM
i lasted 20 minutes after a 1.5 yr build, ur just extremely unlucky dan, u mite aswell be a peice of steel, and all the cops are magnets, lmfao

Water Boy
26th May 2009, 07:45 PM
I was going down Chapel Street the other night to get home (Complete mistake) didnt think it would be that bloody busy. Cops were there filing a 200sx and a VL getting defected :cool:

DRFTR86
26th May 2009, 07:47 PM
vls get canaried for having 4 wheels, that cant be stock yeah???, pigs come up with any reason to slap that sticker on your windscreen

quadeyquade
27th May 2009, 10:50 AM
Me and my mate have this game, that if you see a vl, we make bets on whether its stickered or not. its pretty much 1/2 the time too.

Also Sam. you should have just dropped hektic skids then you would be on youtube and stuff :P.

Actually I think this is epic fail, as its making the police service inneffective and waste time. How many cops did you say?

Sam-Q
27th May 2009, 12:43 PM
yeah I should of offered to do another cut where I take off and drift through the streets in my "dangerously modified car". I think there was about 6 cops and one camera guy.

sun_moon
27th May 2009, 12:54 PM
australia has all of its priorities correct........ lol :hehe:

Shiri
28th May 2009, 02:28 PM
I'm suprised they didn't inform you straight away, I would of demanded to know why they were filming before speaking to them. Just me personally but unless I'm recording it, or unless I'm fully aware of what's going on there is no way I'd want ANY footage of me interacting with the police on legal matters. Who knows where that footage could be?

Bad luck Sam, get back on the road soon man.

Sam-Q
28th May 2009, 04:34 PM
i agree and I kept my statements very short untill I did know what was going on. I paid for my rego within 30 min online anyway. Lucky for me I was close to my girlfriends house.

Oh did I mention the guy said I couldnt drive my car? If I did agree on them using the footage I am sure there would be been a video of my sorry arse walking down the street holding my folder.

But yeah thanks I was back almost straight away and I will to appeal the sentace in court using the grounds of poor personal circimstances that caused the oversight, which completely true.

Shiri
29th May 2009, 12:29 AM
Does that work?

Poor Personal Circumstances that is...

tryin to get out of a parking fine myself.

Sam-Q
29th May 2009, 01:56 AM
beats me! I am going to find out

Kid Karola
31st May 2009, 04:20 AM
yeah I should of offered to do another cut where I take off and drift through the streets in my "dangerously modified car". I think there was about 6 cops and one camera guy.

Now that's entertainment! but seriously thats sucks to hear man :(

ae71
31st May 2009, 11:59 AM
would have been funny if you started singing the "bad boys" song to the camera haha

stahlz_ae86
1st June 2009, 07:55 AM
Or playing NWA.

Stinger
1st June 2009, 10:28 AM
any chace the will show the footage, but blur out your face and num plates?

Sam-Q
1st June 2009, 11:11 AM
now that you mention it...

ok can someone tell me when a highway patrol show starts to be on tv?

quadeyquade
2nd June 2009, 06:23 PM
Oh on another note, my mate will appear on 'the force' cutting sick in a stripped mkii supra on sand dunes.

driftke70
2nd June 2009, 07:21 PM
this is seriously propaganda, like vic has the biggest fines, and the cops and gov need to keep people thinking serious shit is going on, and they will probably in the next couple of months after the airing of the show, raise fines, probably not points, and introduce a new law of some description.

its fucked up here, like the news paper and the local news talk about speeding unnecessarily for like 3 days, then 2 days after they put a big thing in about bligh upping the fines for speeding and how its such a good idea. Get the readers ready for the dodgey shit. Wouldnt be surprised if there were some dollars in back pockets.

sun_moon
2nd June 2009, 07:38 PM
when it comes to politics, i think driftke70 is spot on almost every time.
i agree !

lovemy86
7th June 2009, 06:04 PM
+1 vote for Driftke70 for next Prime minister!
he has all the pollies worked out.