PDA

View Full Version : EOI - CNC AE86 Hubs in standard size and +10mm track

slide86
26th September 2011, 09:55 PM
Hi,

I have the opportunity to have some AE86 hubs CNC Machined from scratch at a good price.

I am currently having a pair made for myself and wanting to know if there is enough interest to have more produced.

There will be two types available, a standard copy of a factory hub OR one that will give 10mm track per side! This means you will have 20mm extra track total before and control arm, spacers or wheels fitted.

Be aware, you cannot take this 10mm off if you want, its part of the hub.

All hubs will suit standard AE86 wheel bearing kits, and I am able to supply new wheel bearing kits with hubs.

These Hubs are made LOCALLY in SOUTH AUSTRALIA, by a large CNC company that make other CNC Motorsport items and supply items to companys such as MAD DAT.

The price for two (2) hubs (standard or +10mm) with no studs or bearings will be approx $300 DELIVERED to your door. (Including postage)

Wheel bearing kits will be $30 for both sides (If required)

Sourcing studs can be left to you depending on length you wish.

A deposit of 30% will be required before they will be produced, and production time will take 3 weeks.

Please post interest here. If we get 10 or more people i will DEFINITELY give the go ahead......any less and we might do a one of run of them.

(I have Nicks permission for this thread)

Regards

Huw

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/CorollahubREV2.jpg

Interest

1. Mclevin DEPOSIT TAKEN
2. y b nrvs
3. ae86 drifter DEPOSIT TAKEN
4. Maciek
5. Slide86
6. AJPS
7. that guy 93 DEPOSIT TAKEN
8. Kowan DEPOSIT TAKEN
9. Billet86 DEPOSIT TAKEN
10. Sikazmods DEPOSIT TAKEN

Recapping these are CNC milled OEM replacement AE86 hubs, they DO NOT include studs or bearings, but these items can be supplied.

DEPOSITS WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE PRODUCTION STARTS.

sundee
26th September 2011, 10:41 PM
What material these made from?

ke_70
27th September 2011, 12:53 AM
possabily keen pending time and material.

Frak
27th September 2011, 09:25 AM
Many moons ago I thought about machining up some alloy hubs, after talking to a V8 supercar fabricator I decided against it, he shed some interesting light on the cons of alloy hubs on the road.

LittleRedSpirit
27th September 2011, 09:40 AM
lol @ zero actual info to back up negative comment.

I noticed Group 4 fabrication does this also, out of the UK, but about 180 pounds per hub in alloy.

Plus freight.

slydar
27th September 2011, 10:20 AM
Many moons ago I thought about machining up some alloy hubs, after talking to a V8 supercar fabricator I decided against it, he shed some interesting light on the cons of alloy hubs on the road.

elaborate.

Anthony
27th September 2011, 05:16 PM
If youre replacing them every couple of hundred hours theyre probably great.

sundee
27th September 2011, 07:09 PM
Y would you replace them every hundred hours?
If you use a hi grade alloy it will be fine.
Aircraft wings and hi load components are made oh hi temper alloys and tested to over 120,000 hrs without fault .
So saying they need to be replaced every couple hundred hours would not be true.
Also these alloys experience and carry much higher loads then a 1000kg car.

Anthony
27th September 2011, 08:58 PM
I don't know, perhaps the same reason F1 teams who can afford alloy wheel nuts replace them every 2 races and the teams on a budget run steel wheel nuts. Aluminium is awesome at jobs like aeroplane wings. I just think undercarriages are a little different. Thought I saw a fair bit of steel last time I looked at a planes undercarriage too.

My comment related to the fact that I am sure V8SC teams replace theirs every couple of hundred hours. When you want a road car to do 10s of thousands of hours in a public space, it's a complete different proposition.

sundee
27th September 2011, 10:31 PM
Landing gear is a different kettle of fish, it needs to withstand forces across many axis, your run of the mill 737 has a MTOW of just over 85 ton and a MLW of 71 ton, then take in G forces ..

I thing your wheel nut eg may be a thread re torque issue rather then a structural failure of some sort?

I'd run alloy hubs if they were made from a hi tempered alloy

Anthony
28th September 2011, 12:01 AM
heh understeering into a gutter pretty much covers all the axes from a hubs point of view :).

sundee
28th September 2011, 07:11 AM
Heh very true , but then we are talking about multiple catastrophic failures.
Can the hubs come with airbags?

Frak
28th September 2011, 11:42 AM
lol @ zero actual info to back up negative comment.

I didn't think you'd understand a technical response....lol

Jacobxxx
28th September 2011, 11:56 AM
Play nice ladies, facts only please!

blair
28th September 2011, 04:12 PM
It's funner to read when they don't play nice though...

fantapants
28th September 2011, 08:50 PM
lol at calling out frak on technical issues :)

fwiw the nature of aluminium, however its structured, means its not suitable for certain things.

i can only mention from my experiance with bikes, which i know is a very different kettle of fish, but utilising aluminium balances weight against regidity. To gain an advantage from aluminum, it has to be lighter. to be lighter it utilises less mass. But because its softer, it looses regidity. So we increase the regidity of the material with additives. Which unfortunatly leeds to an increase in the brittle nature of aluminium.

While i have no doubt this balance can be achieved with a great deal of accuracy, in my experiance it also means that the margin for error is MUCH smaller. And this leads to more chances of failure.

in short, id agree with ant and frak, its fine if you are not utilising them on the road regularly. Or if you can replace them regularly.

But thats just imo :)

sundee
28th September 2011, 10:53 PM
I still don't agree . I really think that aluminum or in this case duralium (spelling)
Would easily cope with the task. A 2xxx series for hi heat and Fatigue resistance.
These materials make up nearly 3/4 of an aircrafts ZFW ( zero fuel weight )
Now if this material was prone to be unreliable and fail, why then would it be used in the making of such critical structures so vastly?

I do however agree with blood nuts aka fantapants comment to some degree - but I think it can be achievable safely with hi accuracy

rthy
28th September 2011, 11:45 PM
what parts of the aircraft do they use it on?

Kid Karola
29th September 2011, 12:05 AM
Alloy and Aluminum is not the same thing. Far too often the two terms are used interchangeably when they shouldn't be. *Definition: An alloy is a homogeneous mixture or metallic solid solution composed of two or more elements* Yes there are Aluminum Alloys with varying strength and properties, but Steel is itself an Alloy and there are many derivatives of both.

The material selection; strength, toughness (resistance to fatigue), corrosion resistance, treatment process, stability at operating temperatures, machinability, cost, etc. Not to mention the re-design of hub is of major importance; changes in steering geometry, stresses on major components (axle, bearings, sus, brake, wheel) will no longer be the same, and this needs to be taken into account. Balance is another consideration, but CNCed part will generally have inherent balance and less flaws than a casting (which needs to be post-machined anyway)

I think the CNC/billet hub option has advantages and disadvantages over the OEM cast hub. For track/race use yes or daily road use maybe-no? A track is a relatively steady environment and 100km track time is arguably more punishing than 1000km on normal roads. You don't redline launch, flat out accel then hard brake, ride kerbs, repeat for 30 min to hour+ everytime you drive do you? That said, roads surfaces and conditions are constantly changing, add pot holes, gutters poor maintenance... but most of the time you're not pushing at the limit of physical envelope for 100-1000-10,000km at a time.

It's not the sort of thing you can just fit and forget, As mentioned these would have a shorter lifespan and need to be inspected/replaced at regular intervals preventative maintenance - remove & test, if ok shelf for spares or bin & replace regardless. 70-86% of guys here are balling on a budget so not an option. Generally if you want 10mm track for aesthetic reasons or grip, it would probably be easier, cheaper, less drama to get wheels that fit with correct offset, use spacers or longer LCA, all of which have pro-cons in themselves. For those looking for every last umpteenth of performance with cost no object, sign below.

slide86
29th September 2011, 10:00 AM
Ok these will be made from K10 45 steel........

This company I am dealing with is not a backyard operation, they have insurance for thr car parts thry make underwrittrn by lyodds of London.......

Like I have previously stated, they make components for other Australian performance shops and a v8 supercar team, I'm sure they have an idea what they are doing.

I'm not making a comment on anything else, simply cause I don't know. I'm just going by the facts I'm told by the team that will be making them

slydar
29th September 2011, 10:16 AM
ok so. you have oem hubs that has lasted.. what? 25+ years? i have never heard of one failing. lets say the new billet hubs have 1/2 - 1/4 the life span? thats 6+ years minimum.. 50 000ks+

the OE stuff is intentionally over built. i have heard of many bearing failures in 86s. but never an actual hub. if its a reputable manufacturer like Huw says, i dont see the problem.

ALMOST any car these end up on is going to see semi limited road use.

P.S im kinda keen. depending on timing.

Kid Karola
29th September 2011, 10:44 AM
Kind of what I was getting at, but I tend to waffle on abit ;) Huw is not talking about some sweatshop melting cola cans into faux rice gear to flog on e-bay. You're spot on Slydar OEM parts are over-engineered (Safety Factor like 5) Race components are tailored to a specific application and optimized (S.F. maybe less than 2 or 1 for non-critical components) But we're not shaving every gram for 1/1000 sec advantage, so there's no reason why these hubs would not be sturdy enough to use on road or last on car for X kms (with +track -mass) provided material selection and the hub itself is engineered with some forethought. I have confidence in these blokes.

sundee
29th September 2011, 12:16 PM
I still don't agree . I really think that aluminum or in this case duralium (spelling)
Would easily cope with the task. A 2xxx series for hi heat and Fatigue resistance.
These materials make up nearly 3/4 of an aircrafts ZFW ( zero fuel weight )
Now if this material was prone to be unreliable and fail, why then would it be used in the making of such critical structures so vastly?

I do however agree with blood nuts aka fantapants comment to some degree - but I think it can be achievable safely with hi accuracy

what parts of the aircraft do they use it on?

you want me to list over 3/4 of the components ?
you will have to do some reading to figure this out, im sure google can be your pal for an hour or so

Bozu
29th September 2011, 01:12 PM
In regards to the airplane vs car hub discussion I might have something usefull to add.
I think a distinction has to be made not only between the actual axis that see load on for example a planes wing or a car hub but also on the characteristics of the load. Does the material see tension, compression or shear (or any combination of that). I've briefly worked at an airplane manufacturer and I can remember that when they're determining what material they're going to use where the charateristics of the load vs the material properties are taken into account as some materials are better suited for tension then compression etc...

LittleRedSpirit
29th September 2011, 09:47 PM
Ok chicken littles listen up. Group 4 fabrications say that no periodic replacement is required with their alloy hubs, ever. Id suggest that this was the case with these aussie made ones too if they make them from a durable grade of alloy.

Sorry but I actually emailed them and asked the question outright, I didnt mean to upset the constant stream of misinformation and opinion that is hampering this thread from actually being informed.

Carry on.

LittleRedSpirit
30th September 2011, 09:01 AM
Oh btw, if alloy could not be a suitable material from a safety point of view, then nobody told Mercedes when they built the new sls gullwing, maybe someone should email them and tell them they fucked up. No need to explain why.

sundee
30th September 2011, 11:12 AM
That's was exactly my point i was getting at when comparing this to aircraft engineering.
Like I said 63 ton of air mobile, and nearly 50 ton will be hi grade duralium .
Thats good enough for me, or how about Nearly 30,000 lbs of thrust trying to rip the wing off ... Hmm

Anthony
30th September 2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah they're all valid points aluminium is an awesome material, no doubt. But the engineering requirements in an aircraft wing compared to those in a spindle type automotive hub could not be more different. You cant just say a 737 wing holds 15,000 lbs thrust so I'm going to remake my hubs in aluminium.

sundee
30th September 2011, 02:08 PM
That's each, so just under 60,000 lbs.
I'm not saying that just because this is made from a certain material then make this out of it aswell.
But it is sheer testimate to how strong and durable the material actually is and the forces it can withstand.
And as littleredspirit has shown, others also think it's up to the task.

slydar
30th September 2011, 04:18 PM
i think its a good material for a hub. the steel is just cheaper. a little more material thinkness around the studs and inner bearing race and it should be fine and still much lighter. almost every bicycle/motorcycle hub in the world is made from aluminium alloy. the only specific difference i can think of really is the extra heat cycling from the brakes.

i would love to hear discussion otherwise, if there is any though.

Kid Karola
2nd October 2011, 08:00 AM
in case you missed it...

Ok these will be made from K10 45 steel........

K1045 is a Steel Alloy (Carbon, Manganese) Typical uses include gears, shafts, axles, bolts, studs, and machine parts.

Just to reiterate: aluminum and alloy are NOT the same thing. There are Aluminum alloys, Steel alloys and many other types of alloys.
There are various grades of so called "Air-Craft" alloy commonly used in aero-space industry, with different properties depending of purpose.

ae86 drifter
2nd October 2011, 01:55 PM
put me down for a pair mate,10mm wider version

fantapants
2nd October 2011, 08:46 PM
lol at me and others for needing the bleeding obvious pointed out .. thanks kk

but who put sand in redspirits vag this time?

ke_70
2nd October 2011, 09:11 PM
i think the sands in there permanently pat!

these hubs will be perfectally fine too! any idea on a cut off date? i might be keen as i do need another pair

slide86
3rd October 2011, 11:12 AM
no cut off date guys......

im getting 4 pairs made up AFTER my own pair, which will be the test fit.....pics.....blah blah

then they will sit at the CNC shop till they are needed ie when someone hands over $$

we are keeping the drawings too so they can be loaded into the machine at any stage in the future if we want to do a second run

slydar
4th October 2011, 08:40 PM
ok. so are they gonna be lighter than the stock ones?

LittleRedSpirit
6th October 2011, 09:37 PM
Well the alloy rotor hats on the sls seem to hold together without shattering/melting or deforming.

Kid Karola
7th October 2011, 04:36 AM
for 3rd time: alloy ≠ aluminum *&* rotor hat ≠ axle hub

The "alloy" material used my MB, Porsche, Ferrari, etc for rotor hats on ceramic compostite brakes, and other suppliers such as AP, Alcon, Brembo, etc of high performance/motorsport brake set-ups, is not really the discusssion topic here - namely the HUB which rotates on the stub axle, to which the brake disc and wheel bolts to.

Out of interest do you happen to know the specific alloy type/grade used by MB for rotor hats on AMG SLS? or the reasons why an alloy hat is used over a 1-piece disc? (clue part of the reason CCB are a 20-grand option is the manufacturing process, each disc is balanced to hat with weighted fastners)
a) reduced rotating mass and unsprung weight.
b) less heat transfer-soak to hub and bearings.
c) nature of carbon/ceramic compound not suitable for mounting assembly itself.
d) all of above.
e) other?

slydar
9th October 2011, 11:11 AM
yes, got it this time Karl :)

i can understand why you would want these hubs if you wanted the +10 track/brake clearance.

but i only want them if theyre significantly lighter. i dont know the properties of K45 so..?

ke_70
9th October 2011, 10:23 PM
1045 is a medium tensile steel. not quite as good as 4140 but alittle better than normal mild steel.
it's not really an amazingly awesome grade of steel.

im not sure on the weight though, but i can't see it being lighter than mild steel.

ae86 drifter
16th October 2011, 01:55 PM
these made yet??

slide86
16th October 2011, 04:29 PM
No

Drawing is still happening, ill have a test pair soonish

ae86 drifter
8th February 2012, 09:40 AM
hey mate wats happening with these??

wideslider
8th February 2012, 05:07 PM
I'm interested if these eventuate

shayden
12th March 2012, 01:46 PM
im really keen, are there up and runnin yet ?

cheers

t-nol
16th March 2012, 08:07 PM
I'm keen too. Let us know.

slide86
29th May 2012, 09:47 AM
OK,

Bumping thread. I have drawings in my possession and pricing on hubs.

Individual orders will be $375 a pair.

If we get 10 orders together the price will be $299 pair.

Recapping these are CNC milled OEM replacement AE86 hubs, they DO NOT include studs or bearings, but these items can be supplied.

DEPOSITS WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE PRODUCTION STARTS.

If we get over 10 sets i might be able to swing the price again.

I will keep the first post updated with slots for peoples interest........once there is 10 i will get it all happening.

McLEVIN
29th May 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm down for these

Y-B-NRVS
14th June 2012, 07:55 PM
im down let me know when there ready to get made & il transfer some $$$

ae86 drifter
15th June 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm down for these 10mm wider ones

Maciek
16th June 2012, 10:42 PM
Im down!
+10mm track

slide86
19th June 2012, 12:41 PM
ok, getting the hard word on getting some machined up.

end of the week i will be sending PMs for deposits and first batch will be made. ALL will be +10mm track.

slipn
19th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Is it too late to get some more of these made up for myself?

slide86
19th June 2012, 09:48 PM
you can join the group if you want +10mm ones.....thats no problems.

that_guy_93
19th June 2012, 11:53 PM
Hey, can you please put me down on the list for some +10mm ones, Thanks

slide86
20th June 2012, 11:51 AM
first post updated......keep em coming guys

remember, you fit these and sell your stock hubs on to recoup some money ;) just saying is all!

drawing also uploaded in the first post

Y-B-NRVS
10th July 2012, 02:49 PM
SOOOOOO whats doing bra lets get them made il b needing mine in 3weeks time

billett86
13th July 2012, 10:24 AM
Im down for a set of these

that_guy_93
17th July 2012, 01:59 PM
Hey, just wondering when you going to take deposits and get these made up? Cheers

Kowan
20th July 2012, 02:07 AM
^^^

Y-B-NRVS
20th July 2012, 11:13 AM
yeah man come on what tha frige is goin on?

slide86
20th July 2012, 06:28 PM
PM's have been sent.

Sorry for the delays.....but working in a QLD coal mine doesnt make things like this super easy.

Still more spots available for interested parties.

ae86 drifter
22nd July 2012, 09:11 PM
deposit made

ae86 drifter
22nd July 2012, 09:14 PM
quick question do the studs recess into the hub? otherwise u loose 20mm of stud

Sam-Q
2nd August 2012, 12:49 PM
Silly question but what's the advantage over OEM?

AJPS
2nd August 2012, 12:52 PM
moves rotor away from lca with some brake conversions

10mm extra track

Stain
2nd August 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm confused.. If it moves the rotor away from the lca... Wouldn't you need to modify your caliper bracket to move it out aswell?

I thought these left the rotor in the same place and just added 10mm of thickness on the outer side to give extra track...

AJPS
2nd August 2012, 02:28 PM
sorry i was thinking of something else

it moves the WHEEL 10mm from the caliper

my mistake

I'm confused.. If it moves the rotor away from the lca... Wouldn't you need to modify your caliper bracket to move it out aswell?

I thought these left the rotor in the same place and just added 10mm of thickness on the outer side to give extra track...

slide86
2nd August 2012, 10:03 PM
yeah, as per the drawing on the first page, it adds 10mm to the OUTER surface to push the wheel out further.

in other news, im really impressed with the quick response of the deposits!!

The shop has been given the go ahead, ill keep people informed of progress.

ae86 drifter
15th August 2012, 08:47 PM
wats going on with these mate

McLEVIN
17th August 2012, 08:55 PM
I'm assuming he's waiting on the rest of the deposits or they are being made

Y-B-NRVS
27th August 2012, 01:18 PM
whats goin on man these should be made by now you said 2weeks its almost been a month now?

slide86
28th August 2012, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the late replys, but im out at work at the moment, adn its not so easy to just jump on the internet all the time

this is where we are at:

I have called the machinist, one prototype has been machined. I have sent a new set of bearings to the shop to be test fitted, and they were not happy with how the bearing shell was in the hub, so they have made some adjustments to the CAD drawing and are going to make another hub to ensure the bearings sit properly.

Its important to get this right, if the bearings are crushed or 'egg shaped' in the hub it will not allow correct operation.

You have to remember that these are being made from a 25 year old hub.....some of the clearances will have changed in that original hub they took teh specs from.

I still have everyone's money in a new seperate account, if anyone wishes for a refund i will transfer. The hubs are still going ahead and will still be produced as stated.......these things take time.

ae86 drifter
30th August 2012, 08:49 AM
No dramas mate just thought id see how they were coming along:)

Y-B-NRVS
31st August 2012, 02:57 PM
ok kool just needed to know what was doin cause my car cant be finished with out this so they are needed asap but you are right they need to be made right as my car will be driven daily as well as track

stahlz_ae86
9th September 2012, 09:53 PM
I have called the machinist, one prototype has been machined. I have sent a new set of bearings to the shop to be test fitted, and they were not happy with how the bearing shell was in the hub, so they have made some adjustments to the CAD drawing and are going to make another hub to ensure the bearings sit properly.

Its important to get this right, if the bearings are crushed or 'egg shaped' in the hub it will not allow correct operation.

Is it possible to press some studs into the first prototype and test fit a wheel? I'm wondering why the measurement on the drawing for the PCD circle is R57 and not R57.15. Your tapered seat wheel nuts should mate perfectly and not pull outwards on the wheel studs if that makes sense.

Y-B-NRVS
27th September 2012, 09:28 AM
sooooooooo its been a month since you last updated us so whats going they should of made the 2nd one how did that turn out are we any closer having a finished product??????

slide86
2nd October 2012, 08:52 PM
the update is im pretty much considering refunding all deposits and shutting this down.

my job is just too demanding at the moment, im far to regional.......most times with no phone, internet and using generators for 240v. I have no way of keeping in contact with people and getting things organised.

ill be paying for the time on the prototype and drawings out of my own pocket.

i have so much on my plate that i cant even get to the shop to inspect or discuss this. my job has just escalated so much since this project started.

i apologize to all concerned, as i have stated, a full refund of your deposit is available. i will PM all people individually to obtain bank details

sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to know when to call it what it is.

slide86
11th December 2012, 11:04 PM
So after i went away into the outback for work for 6 weeks (no internet, no mobile phone), i get home to an email invoice to say these have been made

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/54212_10151247466169936_336702482_o.jpg

So now i have these in my possession. I have paid the full out lay myself........a fair bit of coin. Lucky my salary allows for that now

what a fucked up situation.

so i am going to fit one up to my car and if all goes well they will be on sale again

pics of fitment in the next few days

Matt
12th December 2012, 07:42 AM
If I can buy 2 sets let me know..

ae86 drifter
12th December 2012, 04:39 PM
Any cheaper if I buy two? I want at least one pair anyways

slide86
13th December 2012, 02:41 PM
OK.

I have had some time to fit these up to my car to test fit and make sure the bearings/discs/clearance is all good.

I am happy with them so far. The biggest drama is going to be wheel studs. I have done some searching and it looks like a Honda wheel stud will be the go. It still uses the 1.50 thread pitch but the knurled shoulder is 12.3mm. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. The wheel stud needs to have a knurled section close to 12.00mm.

I am going to start sending these out to interested parties.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE WILL NOT COME WITH BEARINGS OR STUDS UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO SOURCE THESE ALSO. THERE WILL BE ADDED COSTS INVOLVED. I AM MAKING NO MONEY OFF THE HUBS, INFACT I WILL PROBABLY LOOSE SOME MONEY ONCE THEY ARE ALL SOLD.

Here are some pictures of these fitted to my vehicle:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/IMAG0633.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/IMAG0634.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/IMAG0635.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/IMAG0636.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/IMAG0637.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/slide86/IMAG0638.jpg

FINAL PRICE POSTED WILL BE $270 FOR A PAIR. AT THIS PRICE I AM LOSING MONEY........I CAN DEAL WITH IT THO

Kid Karola
17th December 2012, 02:27 PM
SEXY SHIT HUW!!! What Discs were you using again?? If this won't effect offset on my EG/FD's I think Santa will have to swing by yours for me in a next week ;)

slide86
17th December 2012, 06:30 PM
I have the civic rotor setup.

I have sent a few sets out now and im looking to hear back about how people went

that_guy_93
18th December 2012, 06:03 PM
got my set today. just gotta find the studs i want.

McLEVIN
18th December 2012, 06:45 PM
arp 100-7711 is the part no. for ARP extended wheel nut for honda

slide86
18th December 2012, 08:39 PM
yep and NICE wheel studs are part number S3270

77mm long
12 x 1.5 thread pitch
12.3mm knurled shoulder

please post pics of fitted units

slide86
30th December 2012, 07:12 PM
Last bump before i start selling on ebay and other places......

Billzilla
8th January 2013, 10:13 PM
Got one more set?
I'l like to buy a +20 mm pair thanks.

slide86
9th January 2013, 03:47 PM
Got one more set?
I'l like to buy a +20 mm pair thanks.

Just so we are clear, its +10mm PER SIDE, so thats how you get the +20mm overall.......Is that what you are after?

Billzilla
9th January 2013, 03:53 PM
Just so we are clear, its +10mm PER SIDE, so thats how you get the +20mm overall.......Is that what you are after?

Yeah sorry, two of the +10 mm ones.

slide86
9th January 2013, 04:01 PM
thats all good, i like to be 'over sure' about these things just so people understand and dont get confused.

ill send a PM shortly

slide86
10th January 2013, 12:05 PM
Only 3 pairs left......

I doubt there will be another production of these

Billzilla
14th January 2013, 01:59 PM
Mine arrived today, very nice thanks!

Ke25re
23rd February 2013, 09:57 PM
Are there any of standard track still available?

McLEVIN
23rd February 2013, 10:05 PM
Im pretty sure they wernt made only +10mm

Ke25re
23rd February 2013, 10:22 PM
No worries, thanks, will have to work out if +10s will work on my car

slide86
26th February 2013, 10:21 PM
So I still have 2 pairs of these.........want them off the shelf in the shed.

Hit me up

Ta23celica
4th March 2013, 08:31 PM
So I still have 2 pairs of these.........want them off the shelf in the shed.

Hit me up

hi mate, joined the forum to specifically ask about these. They still have all the standard ae86 measurement apart from the 10mm track? I've got a ta23 Celica and am planning on using technotoy suspension in it, they do a coilover that uses ae86 strut casings so I can fit more brake options than is currently available to me. I've gotta do a little more homework on it but I can't find hubs anywhere, so machining some will almost be my only bet
If you have any left I might be interested. Cheers in advance

slide86
7th March 2013, 02:43 PM
Hi mate,

Yes all the dimensions of these are identical apart from the face that mates to the wheel, it has 10mm more meat on it to create the extra track.

They still use OEM AE86 bearings and seals.

The only extra part you will need to acquire is longer wheel studs from a Honda, you need these due to the shoulder with that fits in the holes machined for the studs.

Ta23celica
7th March 2013, 03:54 PM
Cheers mate, what are you chasing for a pair of them?

slide86
7th March 2013, 05:28 PM
$275 posted

Ta23celica
7th March 2013, 07:33 PM
Rightio mate, I'll convince the wife I need them and I'll have a set next pay, which is the end of next week. Pm me your details and ill let you know what's happening. Cheers

Ta23celica
7th March 2013, 07:38 PM
Another thing, I missed what the material used is. Aluminium or a type of alloy? And has anyone been using them yet, if so how are they doing!

Ta23celica
24th March 2013, 10:11 PM
Just a quick post, I'm still interested, ill have a set asap
cheers

McLEVIN
3rd April 2013, 09:49 PM
Here are the arp wheel studs fitted. Will put these on tomorrow so ill keep ya'll posted

slide86
3rd April 2013, 10:06 PM
Just a quick post, I'm still interested, ill have a set asap
cheers

Hi mate,

Have sent your set out to you. Should get to you soon.

Cheers

Ta23celica
4th April 2013, 06:31 AM
Hi mate,

Have sent your set out to you. Should get to you soon.

Cheers

thanks a heap mate

McLEVIN
8th April 2013, 06:31 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/08/navepave.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/08/9yjazyje.jpg

These things are perfect.

Only thing is that I just had normal lug nuts and the studs were too long. Nothing an angle grinder couldnt fix.

Or use the tube style wheel nuts like muteki extended nuts.

slide86
8th April 2013, 07:46 PM
thats awesome. good post

slide86
24th April 2013, 11:39 AM
I have 2 pairs left......Im going to keep a spare pair for myself for other projects, but there is still one pair left.

d1staz
24th April 2013, 01:42 PM
I will take the last pair. Pm me a total sent to 3012. Cheers

Lukec
10th July 2013, 10:14 PM
is there anymore of these with the +10 track available?

evil86
11th July 2013, 05:44 PM
Hey Huw,

Are these the GRP4 items?
have you got any left?
if so how much posted to sydney?

Delazy
11th July 2013, 08:21 PM
^^these were custom made locally...so not grp4 hubs

bazz84
22nd August 2013, 02:01 PM
Hi. Does the company still make these? Or one off production?

boostboy76
31st October 2013, 10:32 PM
I'd be interested in getting a set of these also...

Ta23celica
3rd November 2013, 06:46 PM
Forgot to mention, I took the drawing to a local machine shop for a quote.
$475 for one, or $900 for a pair. So if you didn't get a set when he was selling them, prepare to be ripped off.
Thanks for the ones I got from you too mate :)

slide86
3rd November 2013, 07:14 PM
Forgot to mention, I took the drawing to a local machine shop for a quote.
$475 for one, or $900 for a pair. So if you didn't get a set when he was selling them, prepare to be ripped off.
Thanks for the ones I got from you too mate :)

THANKYOU.

At least someone understands the effort i went too........and I lost a small amount of money on each set I had made also.

AayeTee
5th January 2014, 01:24 AM
I am interested in a pair of hubs mate, will anymore be made??

FreedomCustoms
22nd January 2014, 08:05 PM
.rt.