PDA

View Full Version : AE71 with a 4AGTE

sheppo
9th October 2011, 08:56 PM
hey new here names karl.

been lurking on here for a month or more now only joined a few weeks ago though.
live in SA and have only recently started to enjoy the "rolla's" was always a holden boy haha

anyway picked this little bad boy up on the weekend off of tyrone908??

its an 84 model AE71, blue exterior with a blue interior reasonably clean but needs a little work like
most of the cars from that era.

Engine specs are
4AGTE
20 Valve bottom end with CP forgies and APR stud kit
Ported 16V head
forward face plenum
High flow KKR 280
external wastegate
2" screamer pipe
engine was rebuilt roughly 11,500km ago
all controlled by a Microtech ECu with an handheld controller
Mand W external ignition system

Surge tank in the boot with a 040 walbro pre pump.
also has a front mount intercooler and oil cooler
this is meant to be close to the 190kw mark on 14 psi

Drive line
JDM T50 box
6 puk clutch
Standard diff that has been welded

Suspension
AJPS springs (unknown rate)
Short stroke shocks
sigmas LCA's
Lock spacer
Falcon rear springs
short stroke shocks for the rear as well

Interior
standard seats
dished MOMO steering wheel?

this is sitting on Black MA61's up front and Black watanabes at the rear

Future Mods..

Bucket seats drivers and passengers with 4 point safety harness
Black carpet
tidy up the dash
install an oil gauge, water temp and install a rev gauge or get the original one working.
Coilovers for up front
Brake upgrade for front.. unsure what to go with at this stage..
maybe a t-18 diff for the rear and LSD

also have a set of 15x8 OG meshies to get tyres and fit

sheppo
9th October 2011, 08:59 PM
and if anyone knows who rebuilt the engine and done the build id love to get in contact with them on
here and have a chat about the car
all feedback welcome and remember im still new to this world haha

sheppo
10th October 2011, 04:37 PM
having a few starting issues :( seems the starter solenoid has gone!! hopefully source one this week!! *fingers crossed*

turned boost down to 7 PSI a lot more road friendly now :)

wagoooon
10th October 2011, 08:51 PM
what psi was it running when you got it? get it suss i wana see this thing boosting down cement hill

sheppo
10th October 2011, 09:16 PM
was on 14psi
yeah one of the guys at work might have the solenoid I need if not hopefully source one by the start of next week!!
it still runs but need to be roll started everywhere.. :(

shift_rook
10th October 2011, 09:22 PM
sweet car, looks like a reasonably setup rig. good to see your input to it

wagoooon
10th October 2011, 09:25 PM
awww shit awel atleast u still have the white one !

shift_rook
10th October 2011, 09:25 PM
for brake upgrades there is the peugeot/hilux option, the RX7 or the wilwood setup. i search on these forums of those options will come up with enough info

sheppo
10th October 2011, 09:26 PM
sweet car, looks like a reasonably setup rig. good to see your input to it

thanks mate yeah she runs pretty nicely and has been set up fairly well
can't wait to add my own touch to it though and fix a few little things!!

sheppo
10th October 2011, 09:40 PM
for brake upgrades there is the peugeot/hilux option, the RX7 or the wilwood setup. i search on these forums of those options will come up with enough info

thanks mate not too sure yeah want to tidy up interior and do coilovers and front brakes first but we will see down the track

sheppo
11th October 2011, 01:26 PM
need a new starter motor solenoid!! anyone know where I should go for this?? just an auto sparky??

willa
11th October 2011, 02:04 PM
What's your starter doing? I just did a 4agte conversion in an e7 and the original starter wiring has too much voltage drop, causing the starter motor to stuff up, so I'm setting up a new starter relay.

Will.

sheppo
11th October 2011, 10:38 PM
I've heard of a few people installing a relay for the starter..
everything is firing up and you can hear the solenoid clicking over but it's not 'firing up' the starter motor so to say everything else is working fine..
if you tap the starter motor with something like a tyre iron then try turning it over it fires up straight away

declan
12th October 2011, 01:04 AM
this is my old rig, jesse kalb and his brother did all the engine work.
shame about the turning down of the boost, this thing flies. i beat a 450kw clubby in it...

wicked little setup!

edit - just thought of a couple things i'd mention,
that gearbox seems to be on it's way out (if it's the same one when i had it, second gear was always dicky) get a w series box
don't bother with T series diff, just go R31/tarago/hilux
can i get my hangring out of it? haha kept forgetting when tyrone owned it

sheppo
12th October 2011, 10:01 AM
this is my old rig, jesse kalb and his brother did all the engine work.
shame about the turning down of the boost, this thing flies. i beat a 450kw clubby in it...

wicked little setup!

edit - just thought of a couple things i'd mention,
that gearbox seems to be on it's way out (if it's the same one when i had it, second gear was always dicky) get a w series box
don't bother with T series diff, just go R31/tarago/hilux
can i get my hangring out of it? haha kept forgetting when tyrone owned it

your what sorry?? haha
not sure about the box has Been fine so far!!

not gonna spend too much on it just yet need to finish painting my Calais and sell my old rolla then I'll start researching for diff and brake upgrades etc.

declan
12th October 2011, 12:48 PM
this thing hanging in the window haha

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/3/3/6/244177.jpg

what's the car gonna be used for? i wanted to buy this back but didn't have the coin, how much did tyrone let it go for?

sheppo
12th October 2011, 04:10 PM
this thing hanging in the window haha

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/3/3/6/244177.jpg

what's the car gonna be used for? i wanted to buy this back but didn't have the coin, how much did tyrone let it go for?

ohh nah Tyrone must still have that mate it's not hanging in the window

$6500 he wouldn't budge haha

sheppo
12th October 2011, 04:11 PM
put the car over the pit on my lunch break today discovered a small diff oil leak and trans oil leak :(
only small so nothing major to worry about at the moment

sheppo
14th October 2011, 06:51 AM
sold my old rolla last night!! so now I've got a little bit of cash to play with hopefully tidy a few things up

declan
14th October 2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12kFmc3Ndsw

sheppo
14th October 2011, 07:28 PM
haha yeah just watched that off the KE70 page on facebook!!

I had her skidding in my lunch break today ;) such a powerful little beast

sik-86
14th October 2011, 07:35 PM
nice lil project u picked up there how much did u get it for? alot of the hard stuff done good luck with it should be a whole lot of fun

sheppo
14th October 2011, 07:36 PM
nice lil project u picked up there how much did u get it for? alot of the hard stuff done good luck with it should be a whole lot of fun

thanks mate paid $6500 for her and yeah all the hard work done really just need to tidy up a few loose ends and finish it off really!

still undecided what to do to her first though might have a week or so to think about it

declan
14th October 2011, 07:47 PM
haha yeah just watched that off the KE70 page on facebook!!

I had her skidding in my lunch break today ;) such a powerful little beast

haha yeah i run that!
i miss this car so much

sheppo
14th October 2011, 08:15 PM
haha awww don't worry I'll take good care of her!!

sam2306
15th October 2011, 10:59 PM
i have a nice bit of footage of this thing

sheppo
15th October 2011, 11:17 PM
Please send my way :)

sheppo
16th October 2011, 01:34 PM
So fitted a relay set up this morning hoping to solve the starting problems I've been having.. No dice at all.. Might need a new solenoid or starter motor??

sheppo
17th October 2011, 03:04 PM
Pulled the starter motor out yesterday afternoon solenoid is cactus so went toy local auto elec today got a good price on a new starter motor and solenoid.. About the same price it would of cost to get the starter motor reconditioned!! :D
Hopefully bolt her in after work and fingers crossed that solves my problem.. Will need a heat shield for it though!!

sheppo
17th October 2011, 06:19 PM
New starter motor is in and starts first pop every pop so far :)

Need to look at getting a heat shield to protect it a little bit from the heat!!

sheppo
17th October 2011, 09:37 PM
Think I broke some solder connecting the fuel pumps to the battery!! I've had two fuel cuts since playing around this afternoon!!

And put a dent in drivers footwell with the jack!! Idiot!! Haha this will need some banging out with a mallet!!

sheppo
19th October 2011, 06:25 PM
Not knocked out the dent in the foot well and got it nice and smooth!! Hopefully new wheels will go on this weekend :D pretty excited

Picture I snapped off the new iPhone 4S pretty decent phone I must say!! Props to apple again!!

Anyway as you can see its a pretty dirty and messy bay!! But this will all get tidied up slowly little projects here and there though!!

sam2306
19th October 2011, 06:27 PM
you work with cameron at holden yeh?

sheppo
19th October 2011, 06:53 PM
Yeah I do man how you know him?

sam2306
21st October 2011, 08:08 PM
i go to tradeschool with him

sheppo
22nd October 2011, 06:59 PM
ohh nice ill be out there end of november..
not looking forward to getting sussed hard everyday driving in and getting asked a billion times what engine im hiding under the hood

got some RE002's today 195/50/R15 just waiting on wheel nuts to arrive and need some guard rolling before they go on and after they are on to fit em nice and snug :)

sheppo
22nd October 2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah BOOIII :)

sam2306
23rd October 2011, 12:33 AM
Haha yeh, if you have a locker you get so many looks

sheppo
23rd October 2011, 05:39 PM
haha yeah true that man

sheppo
30th October 2011, 05:34 PM
so front wheels are fitted took a tiny bit of guard rolling to fit but all sweet now fills :)
waiting on my wheel nuts so i can fit and roll rears :) hopefully they come this week
also picked up a fixed back bucket seat for $100 with ae86 rails!! fits nicely and its a snug fit very happy with it

having issues with the car though.. having an intermittent problem witht he engine!! it will all of a sudden just start dieing on me and i need to turn the key off and back on again!!
not sure to what it could be :( started a few days agao every now and then but now its becoming more and more frequent

sheppo
3rd November 2011, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately I was in the wrong place at the wrong time the morning and got slapped with a defect on the way to work!! I've been given three days to drive it :(

So now I'm on the hunt for another ke70 already lined one up to look at this afternoon looks like a one owner flat front etc etc and straight :)
Will do a complete running gear swap and try to keep it at a legal height this time :(

marvis
3rd November 2011, 03:01 PM
Should have just chucked a runner?

declan
3rd November 2011, 06:42 PM
Should have just chucked a runner?

^ this.
did plenty when i dailied the vehicle, has more than enough power to get away.
sucks to hear though. don't bother with running gear swap, i can help track down some plates if you need.

sheppo
3rd November 2011, 07:23 PM
Nah don't wanna plate swap it mate!!

Wanna do a running gear swap and get it all done properly and have a full respect of whatever I get and just make it right no dodgy stuff haha

sam2306
3rd November 2011, 08:02 PM
plateswap's arent dodgy...the vin's arent recorded, or if you have another car you can swap the chassis ones over too

declan
3rd November 2011, 08:52 PM
each to their own I guess... more than happy to give you a hand on weekends etc mate just let me know.

sheppo
4th November 2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah even if Vins aren't recorded it's still dodgy in my books and it can end up in jail time if your caught!

Yeah the old man wants a project car as well so we will probs use this as an excuse to get a good project going!!
Cheers Declan if I ever need a hand I'll give ya a yell :)

wagoooon
10th November 2011, 09:09 PM
misewel sell the the meshies then hahahaa

sheppo
11th November 2011, 07:12 AM
Nahhhh save those for the one I'm picking up tonight :)

Slimer86
11th November 2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah even if Vins aren't recorded it's still dodgy in my books and it can end up in jail time if your caught!

Yeah the old man wants a project car as well so we will probs use this as an excuse to get a good project going!!
Cheers Declan if I ever need a hand I'll give ya a yell :)

Chassis numbers are recorded on the original sale,transfer of ownership papers,even if the rego slip says corolla sedan.
If the officer wishes to check the chassis number,its only a click away.
Blatant changing of chassis plate with mismatching chassis stamping next to it,you deserve to get done imo. Ke70 plate with ae71 stamping etc.
Driving an unregistered vehicle in S.A. can result in jail time.

This isn't a rant,just a word of warning that what you are discussing is illegal in S.A, and I assume not in the interest of the greater ae86dc community.

And no,I don't represent the local authority or support un-Australian "dobbing-in".

sheppo
11th November 2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks mate! Wasn't planning on plate swapping anyway as it obviously can be foun out and end up in serious fine or jail time

Found a little flat front ke anyways that I'm picking up tonight which will be stripped and rebuilt with my motor and gearbox this is going to be my long term project now :)
Keep your eyes out for another build thread on that

Jacobxxx
11th November 2011, 12:19 PM
Cut firewalls out and swap them..

Jdm-Mcc
11th November 2011, 01:22 PM
Love this rig, simple yet effective!

sheppo
12th November 2011, 08:39 AM
Yeah simple and effective is good hopefully going to clean up and his heaps of the wiring when I swap it all over to the new one!!
But not gonna go to overboard as that just attracts more attention