PDA

View Full Version : hill climb/ spint in my ae71 turbo???

armc89
20th November 2011, 03:10 PM
hey guys im interested in doing a hillclimb or maybe a sprint in my ae71 turbo im in victoria. i dont know allot about these sort of events ive always been a late night road bandit ;) i dont know if they run events where new comers can have a go or what?? as much info as i can get would be appreciated thanks lads
Aidan

ehendrikd
21st November 2011, 09:44 AM
To compete in hillclimbs and sprints you will need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club (you can search for your local Victorian club here: http://www.cams.com.au/Development/Club_Zone/Club_Finder.aspx) and a Level 2 S (speed) CAMS license. The CAMS license only requires a form to filled out, and generally speaking the club memberships and the CAMS license cost approximately $100 each per year.

Most clubs will be more than accommodating to new and inexperienced members, and will be happy to guide you through your first event. Just attend a few of their monthly meetings and you should be able to find out all the information you need.

Note: Most car club names are also due to legacy and misleading. For instance, you do not need to have a light car to be in the Ballarat Light Car Club (similarly with car club names that include marquees)

armc89
22nd November 2011, 08:13 PM
thanks for the info mate, do you compete in any sprints and or hillclimbs? im pretty keen to have a go at it and see what the people that are involved with it are like

maxhag
23rd November 2011, 01:58 AM
Get into it man, you will love it.

I compete in the ACT Hillclimb (SDMA) with my 4AGTE AE86. (Just had the last round of the season on Sunday, and I have come 1st the 2011 season championship in my class ;) )

It is great fun, and once you start, you cant get enough.
Most clubs are really inviting and friendly people...

You wont regret it, and your car should be very competitive....

ehendrikd
23rd November 2011, 09:02 AM
I do indeed compete in sprints and hillclimbs within Victoria, just this weekend competed in the Ararat One Tree Hill hillclimb. I am very fortunate to be able to compete in either my father's 4AGE AE86 or my brother's AW11 while I complete my SE86.

Pretty much everyone involved in each event is there for one reason - fun.

As maxhag says, you won't regret getting involved.

armc89
25th November 2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys info is good I'm deffinately going to have a go next year I didn't realize how many different clubs there was! To many to choose from