PDA

View Full Version : ollie's wagon

-ollie-
22nd November 2011, 11:08 PM
Hey all, been lurking around here for a few years now and have finally decided to make a ride thread to hopefully find some motivation to get some work done on my car!
Bought this after selling my ae71 from rhys on here.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/8/1/0/258449.jpg
Hasnt really changed at all since buying it, but ive got plans for it over the next couple of months.
- high comp 4age in the process of being rebuilt by graham wilkins in syd (hoping for 100 kw atw)
- pending cash situation respray in slightly darker than orginal colour
- quad lights and chrome bars for the front (zero at rear)

Im currently living in melbourne, and was planning on driving her down, but the old 4k has shit the bed, so its thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. Hopefully soon I can find a place with a garage and i'l tow it down (along with all the other parts and engine etc) and get to work on it! Probs wont happen till after xmas though :(

Plan on spending a bit of time stripping it down, adding all the parts needed for the conversion, possibly spray it (cash pending) then throw the engine in!

kyle unwin
22nd November 2011, 11:45 PM
This is cool! I want those roofracks badly.

Oh and keep the poo brown paintjob!

Jdm-Mcc
23rd November 2011, 09:06 AM
Charcoal watanabe's on brown body is win!

Sprinter Freak
23rd November 2011, 02:29 PM
nice wagon man, the mismatched wheels suit it. whats the specs on the engine your getting built?

-ollie-
23rd November 2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks fella's! Plan is to keep the brown for sure!

For the engine, its a smallport 16v. I have 11:1 wiseco pistons, but not sure on thickness of headgasket yet, or how much they will be shaving off the head to be able to determine final compression ratio, but i think it'l be up around the 11:1 mark anyway after the work is all done. Also, got some BelFab h-beam rods, so given the investment in these bits i think its worth getting the whole bottom end ballanced for high rmp capabilities! Then in the head, ive got toda 272 cams, 7.9 lift... standard shims etc. Got some shiny new Ferrea valves, hks springs, and adjustable cam gears. Like the bottom end, given how much all the gear costs that is going into the head, i think it defeats the purpose without spending a bit more cash porting it, and doing some work on the combustion chamber etc to get the most out of it. Its going to cost me more than i can afford, but hopefully it'l be worth it!
Also i have a JUN flywheel (4.6 kg), quad throttles, and some ceramic coated hks copy extractors!!

-ollie-
23rd May 2012, 11:55 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/8/1/0/538019.jpg

-ollie-
24th May 2012, 12:34 AM
Finally managed to pick up my engine from the engineers!

AE71 InSaNiTy
24th May 2012, 12:42 AM
Jesus. Looks the biz. :)

-ollie-
24th May 2012, 02:32 PM
Jesus. Looks the biz. :)

Lets hope it performs that way!

Im bring the old rig down to melbourne soon so I can pull out the old 4k, and get stuck into the conversion! Pretty pumped!

joeschmo_57
27th May 2012, 12:58 PM
What ECU are you using to run it?

-ollie-
27th May 2012, 02:19 PM
What ECU are you using to run it?

Adaptronic. I bought it with the cams and its setup to run quad throttles etc, so hopefully it'l be more or less plug and play. Biggest concern is it not running for whatever reason on first startup, cause i dont want to fuck up any of the break proceedure.