PDA

View Full Version : AE71 - New track slut

Matt
1st December 2011, 10:19 PM
A friend of mine recently bought an ae71 off ebay (See pics) , had it for 2 weeks then decided he didn't want it anymore so it became mine...

From what I understand it had a 4age smallport in it, T50 box but the guy off ebay removed that for his dato. It still has a locked diff, monroe gas shocks and unkown springs etc.

It now has

Silvertop20v with a blacktop ecu
Dizzy relocation kit
JDM T50
Locked borgy
Kyb shocks
Unknown springs

But if anyone knows the history of the car, please let me know as I wouldn't mind knowing...

Should be running Late July / early August.

Rice86
2nd December 2011, 02:36 PM
Um so your making a list ? You haven't bought the car yet or any parts and you don't want to get down and dirty to look at the car?

There really isn't much to say about the car if its missing a lot of it's gear lol

Matt
3rd December 2011, 10:48 AM
Um so your making a list ? You haven't bought the car yet or any parts and you don't want to get down and dirty to look at the car?

There really isn't much to say about the car if its missing a lot of it's gear lol

Lol , i've got the car in my driveway now as it arrived during the week, but the main point of my thread was to hopefully get someone to say hey that used to be my mates car and for me to find out some more about it prior to getting it.

Matt
20th December 2011, 10:13 PM
Little bit of an update...

Drivers seat has been welded in, which annoys the shit outta me as it is off centered from the steering wheel my head hits the roof when i sit in it. I also noticed the fuel lines had been removed and the loom for the dash gauges had been cut and hidden away behind the guards.

As it sits i've dropped in a silvertop 20v engine + jdm t50 temporarily, so i can sort out the water routing and check clearances overall and grab measurements if i have to get a custom tailshaft made up.

I've made a solid start on the wiring loom and identified what needs to be plugged into where so it should only take a couple of hours to complete it when i get a chance. Still a little unsure as to how i'll route the wiring for the dash gauges, but i'm leaning towards pulling the plug that sits on the firewall back into the car as it is cut anyway and joining it up behind where the glovebox sits. A little advice on this would be appreciated, I don't need to know what wires to join where, but just how you routed the loom.

Early jan i'll send off the 7a block to be machined and re-assembled with the 7a rods and blacktop pistons. My blacktop head will also get some attention , valve service + new springs at the same time. Hopefully sam q will have finished his dizzy relocation kits by the end of Jan so i can get it running on the stock ecu.

Also looking into jay car pulse generator kits to ensure the speed sense is given to the ecu so the timing will advance properly and the rev limit will be 8400 instead of 7200 or whatever it goes into for limp mode.

Matt
28th June 2012, 03:03 PM
I've had a few things come up that caused a bit of a financial hit which have delayed this build. However it is starting to progress again now. I removed the tail lights to have a look at how bad the rust is...

Someone has bogged it up previously and kill rusted it...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/379931.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/379933.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/379935.jpg

Also finished wiring up a blacktop 20v ecu with the exception of the speed sense wires and fuel pump (ran outta wire)... I have also sourced some fuel lines and installed them. I'm thinking along the lines of installing a reed switch on the tailshaft to get the pulse to the ecu. Water routing + dizzy kit is sorted.

Also sourced 16v extractors but it turns out they won't fit a 20v head, you can do 20v on 16v head but not vice versa.

The silvertop in there might not be so temporary as i've sourced an ae86 to get the 7a engine which finally went to the machiner this morning to get a bath, hone, deck and balance.

shift_rook
28th June 2012, 03:17 PM
Is that all the rust there is? You should just buy my one :yeah: Good to see it coming along though

Matt
28th June 2012, 04:13 PM
There are a couple of small holes in the boot too, but they are about the size of a 20c peice.

But overall, it is probably worth saving this for track duties.

Matt
3rd May 2015, 07:37 PM
Time flies and 3 years on the car is just needing paint and some suspension and it will be finished. Its been partially rubbed back.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/544247.jpg

Ended up putting in a small port 4age with hks 264 cams. Has around 12.5:1 comp pistons which should see this spin the tyres.

Still got the locked borgie and t50 gearbox in her.

Matt
2nd November 2015, 08:58 AM
Lent this car to a friend to do peanut last night and everyone kept asking if it had a rotary in it.

Cams are quite aggressive and it did spin the tyres pretty easily. ill get some colour on her soon and finish cleaning up the engine bay.

There was also a bit of hesitation around 1500rpm but once past that it hit the limiter. I'll get the cams dialled in properly and see how it goes from there.

Zane k
2nd November 2015, 05:04 PM
Guinness World Record for longest 16v swap to date haha, looks good mate, any videos/pictures of it on the track? Or even just running in general? Leaning towards any certain colours?

Matt
2nd November 2015, 06:55 PM
yeah I'll grab a video off my mate with it out on the track. The colour will be either white or the baby blue it was originally or maybe a mix of both.

It's taken so long because it is one of many cars I own which isn't my focus. I also put in a few different engines before deciding the car will be a car I throw to mates who want to hit the track.