PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a AE86 to purchase

Kinz86
1st June 2009, 04:52 PM
G'day guys ive just signed up to the forum, and im currently in the market for a AE86, im out of school and dont have any money atm, but it would be much appreciated if my fellow melbournanz could keep an eye out for a bargin ae86.

Cheers Adrian.

hachirusto
1st June 2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Adrian

welcome to the forums, first off as I always say an ae86 will not find you , you have to find it, start looking everywhere for them , because most of the times the cheap ones will be gone straight away and most of them will be brought by members that are also looking for them. As the years go on they are only getting rarer and more sort after.

If you have no money start saving because these days a stock adm ae86 will cost you upwards of 2k+ and thats for a shit one which will be rusty. Realistically I would say start looking for a ae71/ke70 as it will probably be a much better alternative for thoughs who do not have money, as well ae86 parts are pretty expensive so modify one will not be a cheap thing to do,if anything a s13 would be cheaper to modify.

good luck with the search

rthy
1st June 2009, 06:27 PM
true, money and ae86's dont mix well these days

blacktopspirit
1st June 2009, 08:29 PM
if you want to modify an 86 expect to pay anywhere between $5k - $15k

if you can't see yourself getting $5k together for what you have plans for then buy a KE70 and aim for $4k

if you can't see yourself getting $4k together get a KE70 and leave it stock, but this will probably still cost you about $2k

or you could get an S13 for $6k that will go faster than most AE86's with a 4age conversion ever will

by the way nothing shits me more than someone upfront saying "I want" then followed by "I have no money"

Mickey H
1st June 2009, 08:52 PM
by the way nothing shits me more than someone upfront saying "I want" then followed by "I have no money"

So true. I paid 2k for my red adm, plus 500 for the bigport gze. That is a pretty good bargain as far as ae86's go, but i still paid 2.5k for a 26 year old car without a running engine, and quite a bit of rust.
If you don't have a job dont expect to be able to keep it running either, or pay for repairs. I work full time and I barely manage, as do alot of members on here. Best thing to do is just start saving, it will be worth it in the end.

Kinz86
2nd June 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys for your AE86 wisdom, well yeah its my dream car so im saving hardcore for the next couple of years and hopefully get enough to make a beast :p

cheers adrian

and sorry blacktop for shitting you :O

pogi
2nd June 2009, 08:06 PM
hey mate, ae86 was my dream car too, i bought mine cheap, built it up till now spent all my money i get on it ? but i feel it was worth it, their only worth as much as u really want it, u dont wana pay it not what you really want then, not hard finding one i got one lined up for myself as my 3rd ae86 soon.

Kinz86
3rd June 2009, 04:45 PM
hey mate, ae86 was my dream car too, i bought mine cheap, built it up till now spent all my money i get on it ? but i feel it was worth it, their only worth as much as u really want it, u dont wana pay it not what you really want then, not hard finding one i got one lined up for myself as my 3rd ae86 soon.

yeah well im saving up a good solid 10gs, that should give me some good options to buying one

wntdae86
4th June 2009, 12:31 AM
ay mate i wanted n want a 86 to but i have come to a road where 86 or ke70 and i think for the cash a ke is betta and they can look sooo hot as sleepz (jizz me ) also there are a lot of 86 here in melb but no1 selling there is 1 on carsale 4 10000 stock so i think that to much !!! i have been leaving calling cards 4 people on cars but no1 call n if they do they dont sell !!!! so yer it hard to get a good 86/70 4 low cash