PDA

View Full Version : skateboard touge/drift

dove grey 64
30th January 2012, 08:43 PM
nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kLQXEPO5Ftg

EpicXTC
1st February 2012, 09:09 AM
That's pretty badass. Good advertising too beacuse I'm now on their website looking at freebords rofl.

I'd be freaking out around those corners though... going over them = end life.

Edit:
Actually those boards are heaps badass. They look like they have holders for your feet to help keep control of the board (hence their 180 ollies looked heaps easy) and the boards have three wheels per side.

Each wheel assembly has a free spinning wheel like on the bottom of shopping trolleys, which sits lower than the other wheels. So you pivot on that wheel, and keep balance using on of the normal boarding wheels on either side.

So the only question I have left; body kit for the 86 or a Bamboo OG Pro Package?

shift_rook
1st February 2012, 09:53 AM
One of my mates bought these about a year ago, pretty good at it now, seems to be pretty fun, vwery unnatural feeling though for a beginner, takes a bit of practice

EpicXTC
1st February 2012, 10:04 AM
Have you had a go at it, Chris?
Is it anything like a Rip Stick?

Sprinter Freak
14th February 2012, 07:00 PM
i have one of these boards, took a bit of getting usto. still cant do it these speeds yet (would dare to!). main reason its hard to get usto is because you cant keep the board centred(if you keep it centred it turns into a 2 wheeled shopping trolley going every direction), you always have to be leaning either right or left like a snow board(even if it is ever so slightly like the guys in the video). To get the drifting happening you need to transfer weight off your back foot while cornering. i also have a rip stick and its pretty different.

s13 james
14th February 2012, 07:41 PM
you could loose way to much skin if used like the above vid,cool to watch thow lol

Tim.duncan
14th February 2012, 08:00 PM
iv had ago of my mates

you have to ride EXACTLY the way you snowboard, its all front foot you gotta transfer from toe to heal just as if you were in snow.

BUT just like snowboarding (for those who have done it) you can "catch an edge" .... this is not fun

its way harder to commit to your turns on bitumen ha ha

good fun though

but highly recommend knee pads