PDA

View Full Version : Tips for removing burnouts off concrete

maxhag
12th February 2012, 05:30 PM
Ok guys,

Anyone got any tips/methods for removing HARDCORE (Summernats) burnouts from conctete?

I know, I know, mistakes were made, whats done is done...... Cant change that now....

Basically, I did some pretty savage burnouts at my work on friday. They arn't just little chirpys, They are solid, thick and well layed rubber.,..... (also on conctete, so they standout like dogs ballz)

Anyway, I should proberly make some attempt to clean it if possibe. (before the boss comes back from holiday >@>@)

My back is bad, and I really couldn't be fucked 'scrubbing' it....... So, just wondering what chemicals I can pour on that will eat/dissolve rubber? Ie; petrol, acids, thinners, degreaser etc..... :bones::bones:

Cheers, JoJo

meadan
12th February 2012, 05:39 PM
lol, mad thread.

Try burning the rest of the rubber, then high pressure washer?

maxhag
12th February 2012, 05:43 PM
burning the rubber, ey :omg::omg:

Um....... how would you approach that?

Note, I dont have pressure washer or flame thrower.......

Gunner
12th February 2012, 05:44 PM
yeah oxy that shit, and hit it with some pressure.

john84ie
12th February 2012, 06:24 PM
Pics or don't believe you

meadan
12th February 2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah Id say pics are needed.

But put a bit of lighter fluid on and set it on fire.
Do you have an air blower?

Only problem is then getting the burn marks off the concrete without a pressure washer.

Park a car on top of the rubber marks? ;)

Cerby86
12th February 2012, 06:30 PM
hahah I can so see this going wrong!! Just blame it on someone else haha and of your colleagues own a falcodore?

maxhag
12th February 2012, 06:44 PM
it will clearly be on camera......... I cant get out of this

Just so you know how dark these marks are, I popped both tyres...... :P

Gunner
12th February 2012, 06:56 PM
forget the pics, i wanna see the video.

s13 james
12th February 2012, 07:10 PM
haha ,goodluck,is your boss into cars?

jakel
12th February 2012, 07:11 PM
We tryed battery acid at work that didn't work.

Kevspec
12th February 2012, 07:26 PM
Just run cheap chinese tyres from now on. My mate pulls out his blower and all the burnt rubber just blows away. Other than that, I can't help ya man.

maxhag
12th February 2012, 07:28 PM
haha ,goodluck,is your boss into cars?

Hmmm, not really ay....... He does drive a 2008 Porsche 911 turbo tho.....

maxhag
12th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Just run cheap chinese tyres from now on. My mate pulls out his blower and all the burnt rubber just blows away. Other than that, I can't help ya man.

Lol, if you think the rubber will blow away, you are severly underestimating quality of the burnout............ And yes, they were crappy chinese tyres (blue steaks)

Gear-head
12th February 2012, 08:17 PM
get some mates do burnouts where u did aswell and when the boss come back Just say some hoons came in the night doing burn outs end of story ;)

Gunner
12th February 2012, 08:21 PM
wire wheel on a grinder.

Matt
12th February 2012, 08:55 PM
Ring a concretor, they'll have some acid shit to clean it up.

Update the cv too :)

dying3k
12th February 2012, 08:56 PM
Ring a concretor, they'll have some acid shit to clean it up.

Update the cv too :)

+1, works a treat

EpicXTC
12th February 2012, 09:15 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/4/3/287794.jpg

+1 for gear head, too.

maxhag
12th February 2012, 09:22 PM
get some mates do burnouts where u did aswell and when the boss come back Just say some hoons came in the night doing burn outs end of story ;)

Not that simple.

I did it on the inside of the gate (ie private property), then leads out onto the road, few fig 8's etc.......

jakel
12th February 2012, 09:27 PM
Wow big one! What made you decide to do that? haha.

maxhag
12th February 2012, 09:29 PM
been drifting the night before. I was going drifting again after work and had to change them anyway. Being friday arvo, my young staff convinced me to do it.......

s13 james
12th February 2012, 10:24 PM
lol peer pressure,man ide hate to be in your shoes,lol,call a concrete guy to come clean inside the gate,as for the street, fuck it?sometimes video footage can go missing

jakel
12th February 2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah can get mobile blokes out to come clean, surely they would have had similar jobs before :)

maxhag
12th February 2012, 10:43 PM
yeah, iam not worried at all about the road, just the mega obvious darkies on the property clean conctete.....
I didn't mention, the boss is back in a few hours (5am monday morn)

jakel
12th February 2012, 10:46 PM
Thats not good! Good luck to you :)

blinded
12th February 2012, 10:46 PM
Be honest with him? Tell him what happened and that you were planning on getting them removed.

Beats a shitty half-assed clean up effort at 1am in the morning.

Gunner
12th February 2012, 10:59 PM
i still think the wire wheel will work, it's not glazed shit is it?

maxhag
13th February 2012, 12:37 AM
i still think the wire wheel will work, it's not glazed shit is it?

haha, its a pretty big area........ It would take forever to do that....

Gunner
13th February 2012, 12:43 AM
well what other option is there?

maxhag
13th February 2012, 01:24 AM
cop it like a man........

Gunner
13th February 2012, 01:27 AM
sounds like a plan

CRO747
13th February 2012, 02:02 AM
if was me i would be honest with the boss about it, and show him that you are putting in effort to clean up the mess by calling conrete company or washing it or whatever

maxhag
13th February 2012, 05:00 AM
This isn't to show off, it's so you can see some of what I proberley should remove....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/288212.jpg

The dark bits, they are thick chinese rubber.....

Matt
13th February 2012, 07:45 AM
You could always do more burnouts and make it completely black?

or

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_remove_black_tire_marks_from_concrete

I'd be doing something during your lunch break too

Gunner
13th February 2012, 08:17 AM
so did shit hit the fan?

Nicko
13th February 2012, 09:13 AM
LOL

I want to know how this ended up

Also, you just won a spot in the epic threads forum.

This shit just made my monday... actually, lets go for made my whole week :D

Thanks!

Gear-head
13th February 2012, 01:08 PM
Hahaha EPIC

AJPS
13th February 2012, 02:22 PM
call a graffiti removal place/dude

they will get it off quick and easy

it will cost but....

s13 james
13th February 2012, 03:00 PM
lol so what happen?u clean it or cop it?itching to find out,i couldnt imagine telling my boss,first morning back,
morning hows it goin?yer not bad,wtf happen on the driveway?,:jdmsmile:

maxhag
13th February 2012, 03:33 PM
You could always do more burnouts and make it completely black?

or

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_remove_black_tire_marks_from_concrete

I'd be doing something during your lunch break too

Might takes a few cans to work with me..........

Havent had a phonecall yet........

maxhag
13th February 2012, 05:53 PM
hmmm, just got to work...... Missed seeing the owner/boss, but apparently he has the shits pretty bad and wants it cleaned .... Had comments from everyone, good and bad......

Looked awesome on the camera footage tho..... Which they wont give me :(

dying3k
13th February 2012, 06:21 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/521993.jpg

we got stuck with this :/, workshop next door cracked it and hwy patrol wasent happy

AJPS
13th February 2012, 06:22 PM
more pics?

AJPS
13th February 2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/521994.jpg

we got stuck with this :/, workshop next door cracked it and hwy patrol wasent happy

the grass rip is fucking sick

Matt
13th February 2012, 06:47 PM
Grass skids got me kicked out of high school... The school I went to absolutely loved their prize winning lawn and I got given a detention for walking across it. So a couple of days later I took my old mans tarago up there and ripped it up. Almost took out their flag poles too. The pisser was the art teacher taking plaster moulds of it.

The old man laughed when he saw the evidence and defended me saying it couldn't have been his car cos he didn't have a LSD diff. The old man added one after getting bogged in about 3cm of water in a dirt car park.

If they are pissed at the grass skids just get some clippings and put them in it. Will be gone soon. Clean it up overnight and I'm sure you won't hear much more about it

Gunner
13th February 2012, 07:55 PM
you may be in shit dude, but you did a great job.

CRO747
14th February 2012, 12:30 AM
what car was this done in???

maxhag
14th February 2012, 03:26 AM
My track/street :P 4AGTE 86, but thats a minor detail......

hachi_dk
14th February 2012, 04:29 AM
LOL. this also happened to me.

i did burnouts in the driveway of my work.
boss came into work and checked the cameras and saw: me do the skid, then 3 of my mates that gee'd me up to do it pulled out scrubbing brushes and attempted to scrub them off!
i copped a blasting while they ended up getting praised for their efforts to get rid of the skiddies.
haha!

but to answer your question, just high pressure wash it.

p.s. great thread.

maxhag
15th February 2012, 03:14 AM
Update will come...... Shit is stirring....... Stay tuned....

jakel
15th February 2012, 03:19 AM
Lol, don't just have to clean it then?

maxhag
15th February 2012, 04:45 AM
Yeah, Haven't actually formally been asked yet, I am the Night dispatch manager in a private food distribution warehouse. The owner/my superior finishes before I get there. It's a pretty big company.. But I am going in to work on Sunday to try to clean it anyway. I am going to try the brake cleaner in cans and a thick bristle broom.....

I have been offered insults and words of disgust by other managers, you know, "supposed to lead by example" gab, but way more happy faces and other men who loved it, but were just pissed off they couldn't see it :P :P
Although, some of the drivers and other managers have seen the CCTV footage. Everyone is hating me right now :P

I have written a letter for him, better to stirke first I reckon, apology and such, mention of such cleaning.....

dying3k
15th February 2012, 06:33 AM
Id imagine brake cleaner will dry up too fast

Nicko
15th February 2012, 06:41 AM
This is truly an epic thread.

Many lols have been had

ONCHRG
15th February 2012, 08:01 AM
LOL. this also happened to me.

i did burnouts in the driveway of my work.
boss came into work and checked the cameras and saw: me do the skid, then 3 of my mates that gee'd me up to do it pulled out scrubbing brushes and attempted to scrub them off!
i copped a blasting while they ended up getting praised for their efforts to get rid of the skiddies.
haha!

but to answer your question, just high pressure wash it.

p.s. great thread.

P.S. You're getting a written warning!!!

jakel
15th February 2012, 12:00 PM
Thats probably not the best thing to do in your position but, our service adviser at night (only one out the front in the office after 9pm) gets stoned and the service manager has been told twice about it and still has done nothing.

maxhag
15th February 2012, 03:36 PM
Thats probably not the best thing to do in your position but, our service adviser at night (only one out the front in the office after 9pm) gets stoned and the service manager has been told twice about it and still has done nothing.

Says who. :P

Almost came to blows with another employee (or two) on the topic.... Now I am getting pissed off......

Burnouts/cars are very much an opinionated topic. Very much so a generational thing. You have a few older conservative types, that think that burnouts are somehow a devils act, 'Oh, how could he' etc..... Treat you as if you just raped their child....???
When really, they are just too sour and stuck in their ways to accept anything differant. Just cause it's not something THEY would do, sure, it's not something THEY would enjoy, but others do get enjoyment from such things. The way I see it, I haven't hurt anyone, Put no-one in danger, I put smiles on many peoples faces, and entertained many men...... Only by-product are a few marks of rubber on some concrete in a warehouse yard in an industrial area...... It's not as if I did it at an art gallery or doctors centre.....

But, Bottom line is, If the owner wants it gone, then I need to make it be gone....... I respect that......
But, tension between me and the other manager muppets is getting pretty red hot......

jakel
15th February 2012, 04:29 PM
Ah I see :) I would not object it at all myself :) I would be all for it haha.

EpicXTC
15th February 2012, 04:57 PM
Just take it easy with them mate. Act like it's no biggie, you should be fine.

I almost lost my job when I purchased my turbo skyline (I'm on my P's btw). Turns out my employer had a stint against P-Platers (or young people in general) and I walked straight into an ambush on the topic when he called a meeting about my car choice.

Long story short, I was sitting there with a very opinionated, very loud, very strong-voiced person who was ranting and raving about how dangerous my car was and all this crud. All i did was sit there, take all the crap he gave me, agreed with parts like "p-platers can't handle these cars" (in which I responded with phrases like "Yes, P-Platers are generally pretty inexperienced"), and just left him to rant.

Likewise with the people you're copping crap from; keep it simple with them. Agree that it wastes your tyres (note that i said "it wastes", not "it's a waste of" ;) ), and things like that. Avoid them for a while, keep conversation strictly business, and ease your way back into casual convo, avoiding the topic of cars.
As long as you keep a professional-ish image to youself, it'll generally make the others look like whining babies. ;)

edit: also, if i owned a workshop, and one of my employees ripped a fucking awesome skid in the drive way, I'd take heaps of pics and tell people we were stress testing a product or some other bullshit excuse.

Twinky
15th February 2012, 06:47 PM
A burnout on a skid pan is awesome, a burnout on some ones property, that they pay for and maintain is no better or worse than graffiti.
What if I was at your house and just did graffiti all over your fence? You wouldn't like it too much but then I would say hey I like doing it, it's a generation thing.
Sure it's not something you would do, but others get such enjoyment right?

A burnout can in fact get out of hand and it has happened before where people have been hurt. To say you did it safely is like saying I was shooting a gun in the streets but I did it safely.
Flame on me all you want, this thread was pretty funny till you endorsed immature crap. I guess some people will never learn.

maxhag
15th February 2012, 07:53 PM
Settle down princess....

some of what you have said above, is correct, agreed. But also some of it (people getting hurt/guns in streets) is just dumb and unrealistic...... You sound like the other muppets....

Endorsed immature crap? See this is what i am talking about. What makes a burnout imature (in certain situations)? The generational thing comes into play here.....
Controlled environment, industrial area, safe vehicle....... Not really that immature..

Now doing it on a busy shopping street, at a pedestrian crossing, in a shitty old unroadworthy VL commonwhore, yes, that is immature, dumb and unsafe......

Anyway, this is getting off topic. I didn't start this thread to argue with muppets and to pick at the 'rights and wrongs' of burnouts, But more on how to clean them....

Twinky
15th February 2012, 08:17 PM
Apart from a high pressure cleaner there is no "easy" way to get melted rubber off cement, at least not without using harsh acids which would also eat into the concrete.
Even a high pressure cleaner with solvents is still a chore.
It's not a generation thing, doing a burnout has been around for a very long time and I don't see it going away in the near future.
I've had my pick on you but tell me this, what exactly is fun about a burnout?

KurtHS
15th February 2012, 08:51 PM
Why exactly is fun about knitting? People other than myself seem to enjoy it though. I could say the same about anything, anyone, finds fun.

You can't compare graffiti and a burnout, the OP is going to clean the patches, no graffiti artists clean their work so there's a fair difference.

Obviously you jumped to defend your argument and didn't really think it through.

Cerby86
15th February 2012, 09:12 PM
shooting a gun on the streets? Jesus getting a bit melodramatic there are we? how about we wander off the set of days of our lives, climb all the way down off our high horses and take a look at the facts? Doing a burnout is not and never will be the same as shooting a gun on the streets. This is a forums dedicated to a car made famous by drifting which is pretty much a slightly less repetitive burnout. This leads me to believe that pretty much everyone on here loves a skid. Which basically means if you don't like them your in the wrong place.

Edit: just noticed your name is twinky which leads me to believe your into the old FWD which means your probably suffering from a little case of burnout envy so I'll forgive you :P

dying3k
15th February 2012, 09:30 PM
no reason FWD cant rip a mad skid

Twinky
15th February 2012, 11:28 PM
What you think cars can't kill? Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean that it won't.
The only reason he is removing it is because he has the blame already on him, not because he wants to.
Yes I do like drift, but anything on the street and i think that you are a total knob.

So with all this defence are you guys saying you do condone skids on the streets?
I haven't said anything against them I know they are fun for some people but my gripe is with people who do it recklessly on the streets.

Oh and cerbry I don't envy skids because I have RWD! Although it is kinda slow. Boost is on it's way.

AJPS
15th February 2012, 11:44 PM
Dont know

a) why people can say a bad word against burnouts - they always have been sick and always will be sick. There comes a time when a man has children they suddenly forget every skid they ever did and think its ok to call the cops/preach about how silly skids are.

b) why there is political correctness in this thread

c) why has this thread gone 7 pages - call a graffiti removal company, pay the money and be and be done with it

Props on the skid btw, should be more of it on here!

AJPS
15th February 2012, 11:45 PM
no reason FWD cant rip a mad skid

ringies are only good going forwards

maxhag
16th February 2012, 03:26 AM
What you think cars can't kill? Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean that it won't.
The only reason he is removing it is because he has the blame already on him, not because he wants to.
Yes I do like drift, but anything on the street and i think that you are a total knob.

So with all this defence are you guys saying you do condone skids on the streets?
I haven't said anything against them I know they are fun for some people but my gripe is with people who do it recklessly on the streets.

Oh boy.......
1. Ok, you have obviously missed almost the whole thread. You say that I am cleaning it because them 'blame' is on me, not cause I want to. ?????? From the beginning of the thread and the reason I started it, WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO CLEAN IT..... Nothing to do with said 'blame' or anything else, just honest regret. I dont see how 'blame' is involved........ I did it. I did it knowingly in front of cameras (hey, I even installed the cameras there recently), It was clearly obvious, I didn't deny it.......... Where is 'blame' involved in any of that?

2.Think cars cant kill? Have you know that my best mate was killed (murdered) by a crazed driver in Sydney 3 years ago. Also my Grandfather was killed by a drink driver 10 years ago......

3. You like drift.. Yeah cool. I do too. What a highly skilled vehicle sport it is.... Did you know that nearly all drifters and pro drifters would start learning their skills on the street. There are a couple of drifters on this forum I think :P

4. Skids on on streets - When have I asked about any 'street'???? My question is about removing burnout from CONCRETE inside my work property, behind a gateline. It was on private property, quite industrial area, 9ft fence around whole property, I am the one who carries keys and closes down the business and the end of day, so I know where everyone else was, which was 20m away on the outside of the property...... How is a burnout in this circumstance reckless? It is a manouver that is very slow, and well, low risk, it was a strong and well built track car

I will leave it there... This is already way off track......

Yo Lawson, I will get some more pics before and after I clean it off. I am gonna hit it with a 4000psi pressure washer this weekend.... :P

Matt
16th February 2012, 07:53 AM
I can relate to burnouts being like graffiti , makes it hard to sell your house when someone has ripped allot of skids out the front and if you have to look at it every day, it no longer looks good.

Having said that, I agree burnouts are cool, but like sex there is a time and place for it.

Twinky
16th February 2012, 08:12 AM
I did it on the inside of the gate (ie private property), then leads out onto the road, few fig 8's etc.......

4. Skids on on streets - When have I asked about any 'street'???? My question is about removing burnout from CONCRETE inside my work property, behind a gateline. It was on private property, quite industrial area, 9ft fence around whole property, I am the one who carries keys and closes down the business and the end of day, so I know where everyone else was, which was 20m away on the outside of the property...... How is a burnout in this circumstance reckless? It is a manouver that is very slow, and well, low risk, it was a strong and well built track car

I find these two statements conflicting.
I Will also leave it there, Good day sir and good luck with the cleanup!

KurtHS
16th February 2012, 09:45 AM
No one said cars can't kill, show me where that was said please. They said slow speed, near static burnouts are VERY, VERY UNLIKELY to kill.

As we defend a burnout you claim that we condone street skids, there's a huge difference between doing a burnout at slower than walking pace and entering a corner for a slide at 60 km/h, they're totally different.

%50 of drivers driving at 100km/h would be more dangerous than the OP doing a static burnout pretty much anywhere.

Twinky
16th February 2012, 10:32 AM
It was the comparison to guns in reference and someone saying that it does not compare to a car. he was right though I must admit. Cars are far more dangerous. (hint on the sarcasm, no emoticon available :P)
Cars definitely kill more people than guns in this country. Oh and the burnout was not static as said figure 8's.
Don't worry, when you own a house and actually maintain it then you will know why I rage at these things.
Until then, try keeping it out of public areas.

phat rolla
16th February 2012, 01:57 PM
Good thread. I LOLED!:thumbup:

maxhag
16th February 2012, 02:14 PM
It was a good thread...... Until Twonky killed it.........

Rice86
16th February 2012, 02:26 PM
so who's shooting guns and doing skids at the sametime on private property? video or ban this unillest bastard

Twinky
16th February 2012, 03:08 PM
Dam this Twonky character! Just who does he think he is?

Nicko
16th February 2012, 03:23 PM
Twonk Twonk Twonk

70rolla
16th February 2012, 05:57 PM
acid from bunnings pour it on and scrub with a shit broom then pressure wash

Cerby86
16th February 2012, 06:13 PM
I was the one who said shooting a gun on the streets is not the same as ripping skids on the street. I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!
Its the sort of melodramatic horse shit I would expect to hear from a lobbyist attempting to create public hysteria in order to push through yet another rule in this nation of grumpy old men and PC latte sippers.
Your not trying to get people to sign a petition or donate to save the whogivesafucks here so why not cut it out?

Gear-head
16th February 2012, 06:40 PM
Hide the skids by doing a bigger burnout smoke up the whole work place so they can't see it anything

McLEVIN
16th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Put a carpet rug over it or paint ground black

maxhag
16th February 2012, 07:35 PM
Put a carpet rug over it or paint ground black

best so far :P

dying3k
16th February 2012, 10:58 PM
aint it a light grey or something, do like a big square

ae8zn6
16th February 2012, 11:14 PM
I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

So much win! That is going into the sig cerby, classic!

As such I think the net result of twonky's comments are actually positive!

Kevspec
16th February 2012, 11:56 PM
Still awaiting video.
You claim to have keys and whatnot, yet there's no footage!

maxhag
17th February 2012, 02:17 AM
Still awaiting video.
You claim to have keys and whatnot, yet there's no footage!

I've been trying, but the owners old Father runs the computer system, and I would have to go through him. Not gonna happen, He is so off me right now..... I havent even been able to see it.

Anyway, things are smoothed over with the boss now. The letter I wrote him was enough for him to tell me "all was forgiven". Pretty uneventful conclusion really.......... Heaps of other kents are still off me though........

I am still going to hit it with a 4000psi pressure washer this Sunday :P I am only doing the darkies on the concrete driveway.

Yeah Robbo, that quote is pretty funny, ay.

These are some pics.... Twonky, look away, you might get offended.......

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/289228.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/289229.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/289230.jpg

jakel
17th February 2012, 03:05 AM
Should clean the rest of the driveway as well if you want to suck up :)

Matt
17th February 2012, 08:08 AM
Came close to the gutter there.... I'd claim it as being well judged..

Nicko
17th February 2012, 08:14 AM
I'm probably one of the most notorious admins for hating on illegal activity but...

http://erroraccessdenied.com/files/images/270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Would subscribe again, haha.

Let us all know how the pressure wash goes :)

Golden Circle
17th February 2012, 01:00 PM
thread of the year.

blinded
17th February 2012, 02:06 PM
Tell the boss it was a way of expressing yourself in the form of post-modernist art

maxhag
17th February 2012, 03:30 PM
Came close to the gutter there.... I'd claim it as being well judged..
Practice for wall taps....... :P It's a 86, pretty easy to know its dimensions.....

maxhag
17th February 2012, 03:32 PM
Tell the boss it was a way of expressing yourself in the form of post-modernist art

Well, when you think about it, that is actually exactly what it is......

meadan
17th February 2012, 05:25 PM
ANYway...

I highly endorse this product and/or service :)

maxhag
17th February 2012, 09:31 PM
Ok, well for the ones that want to see some video of it. Here is a vid of the very last bit of popping the tyres....... Once again, Twonky, you better look away.........

And before everyone starts screaming, saying they are not 'figure 8's'. Yes I know, I just said that earlier as an easy way to paint a picture of what was generally going on etc........

r3l4CcqcQWU

There are a couple more vids I am trying to get too....

Matt
17th February 2012, 09:42 PM
Love the bogan commentry...

sevensevenseven
17th February 2012, 10:49 PM
mad skids

Nicko
17th February 2012, 11:25 PM
lol @ limiter bashing... would suck to be a valve in that 4age

maxhag
18th February 2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah, when i eventually change into 3rd, it's not so much on the limiter, but yeah, 2nd was hitting limiter. Keep in mind, rev limiter on the motor is at 6500rpm only...

sloth
18th February 2012, 02:49 AM
I approve of this!

Personally I am a big believer that people should be able to enjoy themselves and do thing things in as much of a controlled environment as possible. Life is too short to spend the whole time worrying. As the OP has stated, there was no chance of anyone being hurt when this was done, so at the end of the day who is affected? The only person who is affected from this is the person who has to look at the sweet lines that were drawn, which the OP has tried to find a way to clean off. People do silly things in cars, it's a fact of life (and a definite fact/rule of any forum like this.... especially AE86DC), any one who denies this is nieve. As long as the people are trying to do it as safely as possible and no one gets hurt what is the problem (it's the whole "if a tree falls in the wood, does it make a sound type argument).

How can we avoid this sort of thing in the future? Give people a chance to do this in a legal/controlled environment! As long as there are cars, there will be people who want to drive them to their full capability (most cars on the road capable of 50-100% more than their owners actually believe)! Yes, this means that there may be risks and accidents, but if people try to do this properly and are given a decent chance (not one potential track day that costs $500 every two years) then it won't be a big issue.

maxhag
18th February 2012, 03:00 AM
How can we avoid this sort of thing in the future? Give people a chance to do this in a legal/controlled environment! As long as there are cars, there will be people who want to drive them to their full capability (most cars on the road capable of 50-100% more than their owners actually believe)! Yes, this means that there may be risks and accidents, but if people try to do this properly and are given a decent chance (not one potential track day that costs $500 every two years) then it won't be a big issue.

Not quite sure what your saying there? Doesn't actually have any effect on if I did the burnout or not.
The car is a track ready car, I have a CAMS license, I race Track, Hillclimb, drifting, Motorkhanas..etc Give me free entry to all of this, and guess what?
I would have still done the burnout right where I did..... Looking back, I should have done it down the back of the warehouse though, Could have got more creative, and I wouldn't have got in that much shit at all. Only truck drivers would see it....
BUT,
If I did that, we may never of ever met old Twonky:steamer:......

The boss told me I cant Do another one again :yeah:

Cerby86
19th February 2012, 05:22 PM
hahaha cheers. I figure getting into someone's sig on the forums must ean your doing something right!!
You know what this thread needs? Someone to come in and say the whole skid was caught by a passing traffic helicopter!!!

bummer I just spend ages looking for that video of that corolla ripping a skid and getting caught by the copter to see if i could fool people into thinking its actually a vid of this car but no luck hahaha

Seventy
20th February 2012, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56hwfbAbBE

AJPS
20th February 2012, 02:23 AM
AJPS sticker at 0:35!

Matt
20th February 2012, 06:55 AM
Well spotted, they are everywhere those stickers and it was a member off here who had his car impounded...

Twinky
20th February 2012, 10:20 AM
:P .

Seventy
20th February 2012, 12:41 PM
Build thread, also 4AGTE love
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/22903-4AGTE-20Valve-track-car-Fast-fours-feature-car-)?highlight=fast+fours

Cerby86
20th February 2012, 03:21 PM
YAY!!!!!! Busted maxhag!!!! That silver ke is clearly your cream 86!!!!

Not buying it? Oh well it was worth a try :P

maxhag
20th February 2012, 04:45 PM
Did you just call my 86 cream? 8|

Nicko
20th February 2012, 06:49 PM
This thread has so much lol content.

Cerby86
20th February 2012, 10:49 PM
LOL I knew i'd get it wrong but I was too lazy to go and check what colour it is. Just be thankful I remembered your name right cos i didn't check that either hahah

maxhag
21st February 2012, 02:10 AM
Who would paint their 86 cream ? :peek::peek::peek:

maxhag
21st February 2012, 02:10 AM
Oh wait, this guy

http://monkeymagic86.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/asayan-ae86/

Actually looks pretty dope......

peter_soj
21st February 2012, 09:22 AM
It's been said before and I'll say it again, this thread has so much win.

How'd you go with the pressure wash? I reckon as said before best way would be is with acid from bunnings and use an old stiff broom to try and loosen it up first, then pressure wash.

sevensevenseven
21st February 2012, 04:16 PM
don't hate on cream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvG923PaNv8

maxhag
21st February 2012, 04:17 PM
Re; Sundays Pressure wash:

I didn't actually do the pressure wash on Sunday...... It was pissing down rain......... If only the rain rained down at 4000psi...... :P

macca1590
13th March 2012, 09:42 AM
Ok, well for the ones that want to see some video of it. Here is a vid of the very last bit of popping the tyres....... Once again, Twonky, you better look away.........

And before everyone starts screaming, saying they are not 'figure 8's'. Yes I know, I just said that earlier as an easy way to paint a picture of what was generally going on etc........

r3l4CcqcQWU

There are a couple more vids I am trying to get too....

video, y u no play?

maxhag
14th March 2012, 01:15 AM
I deteted it....

EpicXTC
14th March 2012, 04:32 PM
Poor form, Jojo.
Now how am I supposed to entertain myself when working at the bank?

maxhag
15th March 2012, 02:37 AM
Ok, here you go.
This is differant from the first video.

uvOn4q9d4j8

claw
17th March 2012, 09:59 AM

must be nice to have tonnes of money to afford track days mate!

and to be honest with you your just as likely to die on the track if not more with the sheer volume of complete spastics who cant steer driving around crashing into everything/one in their missiles, you can have the track ill stick to putting a tank of fuel in my car and going out with a few mates to the middle of nowhere and doing my thing!

i cant believe theres 13 pages of this

maxhag
17th March 2012, 11:21 AM
13 pages and just getting started.... :P :P :P

jakel
17th March 2012, 01:29 PM
Track days aren't all that expensive... Not compared to the fine you could get doing it on the street anyway. Well at least at QR they are reasonably priced for the amount of time on track.
I do however agree that there are alot of stupid people on tracks as well, has been argued about many times recently about people drifting around spun out cars at QR, but I won't go there.

claw
17th March 2012, 03:01 PM
^^^^ you live in qld, the only state where it might be feasable for track days, in victoria its retarded, 3 hours drive for fuck all track time, a bunch of power chasing knobs and a telephone number sized bill for your weekend

jakel
17th March 2012, 05:43 PM
Ah fair enough.

CRO747
18th March 2012, 02:52 PM
agree with claw track time in vic is expensive drifting at another track opened up minimum of 100 cars needed or wont go ahead and is $180 entry fee drifting starts at 630 ends 1030 and will be run 2 cars at a time no spectators allowed no passengers allowed

jakel
18th March 2012, 03:19 PM
The price isn't too bad just needs a bit longer time, unless that is 1030 at night :)

dying3k
18th March 2012, 04:25 PM
dont complain until you come into sydney, huge shit fight at ec with drift days/drift school

maxhag
18th March 2012, 06:40 PM
You should all just do burnouts on your bosses' driveways to satisfy your needs.......... (hahahahaha)

drew.
8th April 2012, 12:29 AM
just read all of this thread ,piss funny

soooo, have you tried the pressure cleaner yet ?

maxhag
8th April 2012, 01:02 AM
nup..... It's still there....

dying3k
11th April 2012, 07:50 PM
time will remove them

blusil
12th April 2012, 09:22 AM
Put heaps of sandpaper/steel wool on your tyres then go back out and cut sick.............:yeah:

maxhag
17th December 2012, 02:19 AM
THREAD UPDATE:

Well it's been 8 months since the last post....

The update on the burnout marks is that they are...................... Still there :P

Enjoy

96sonataBro
21st December 2012, 09:31 PM
why don't you get some 15" wire wheels made up and replace you back wheels with them, then you can get rid of your skid marks with another mad skid

dr1ft-pig
16th March 2013, 06:35 PM
great thread. just read the lot many lols