PDA

View Full Version : KE70 Slanty front Pano

BON35
23rd March 2012, 04:31 PM
Well thought that I should post up my panelvan. Bought it from melbourne last week and had shipped over. Came with a whole heap of fairly useless spares. But theres no rust, and the damned thing is one of the straightest rollas I've set my eyes on.
As it stands now, its a KE70 with a slant front, standard 4k and 5 speed. Plans are:
Carby, extractors/exhaust, maybe some head work and cams.
Want to lower it a bit (maybe two inches, nothing drastic). Stiffen it up a bit mainly bushes. And get some mags for it.

All in all i just want a tidy daily. Thats a little unaverage.

Now for some quick pics. Will get some decent ones once its detailed and rego'd.

Futo_gt86
24th March 2012, 10:08 AM
Clean pano mate!

declan
24th March 2012, 08:31 PM
hang ring looks stupid.
take it off.

Jacobxxx
24th March 2012, 09:30 PM
hang ring looks stupid.
take it off.
Okay Marvis.

Pano is cool, don't crash it. They love doing that.

declan
25th March 2012, 12:46 AM
Okay Marvis.

Pano is cool, don't crash it. They love doing that.

what's marvis?

second the crashing part, there aren't many pannos left.
be good to it.

BON35
25th March 2012, 12:52 AM
hang ring looks stupid.
take it off.

Good thing its mine and not yours. :)
The ring stays.

Picked up some ma's today. They need a polish severely and the pano needs to be sufficiently lower. Will post a pic up tomorrow.

BON35
25th March 2012, 12:54 AM
Really don't want to smash it. Its way too straight and I'm sick to death of doing bodywork on my cars. That being said i wouldn't mind getting hold of some spare interior trim bits just so i can keep as original as possible.

stahlz_ae86
25th March 2012, 09:11 AM
Great base for a project, but do yourself a favour and resist spending ANY of your hard earned money on the 4K. As you can afford it get yourself a T50, hydraulic pedal assembly from an AE71, a healthy 4A-C which somebody is removing not because it's rooted but because they're going GE. Doing that will cost the same as the carby/extractors/headwork/cams you have mentioned and at least it will have further scope to be further modified in the future when you decide it's too slow.

squish_m8
25th March 2012, 07:01 PM
So clean, reminds me of my last one only straighter

look after it

GOT-20V
25th March 2012, 08:16 PM
Hang ring today, sticker bomb front guards tomorrow, black bonnet next week...

Is this the one that was on carsales? Nice van, look after it as they are getting harder to find.

BON35
27th March 2012, 03:20 PM
Hang ring today, sticker bomb front guards tomorrow, black bonnet next week...

Is this the one that was on carsales? Nice van, look after it as they are getting harder to find.

Lol. Yeah this is the one that was on carsales. It turned out to be fairly tidy, i just have to keep an eagle eye on the rust areas. Just in case any of them come back.