PDA

View Full Version : taka aono's new set-up

Panda BVB700
14th April 2012, 01:31 AM
anyone seen any write-ups on taka aono's new 2az formula d ae86 (not that im a big fan of formula d) but would like to see some pics,spec,vids etc of the new setup would be rather interesting i think

sundee
14th April 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure it was completed? Last time I searched it was hard to find any info on, just a few long engine mounted pics in the bay.

Panda BVB700
14th April 2012, 11:04 AM
yeah i havent been able to find anything realy yet other than a couple of pics from long beach recently i think it would be interesting

sundee
14th April 2012, 02:25 PM
Check out littleredspirit's build thread

Grant #2
14th April 2012, 10:03 PM
That's so crazy that you guys even know who he is. He's the nicest corolla guy I've ever met. Even at the pro level he's down to talk about corollas for as long as he has time for. He also judges local corolla drift events and gives pointer to beginners.

My friends saw the car in action last weekend and they said it seemed considerably faster than the car was before. I'm sure it's not the extra whp, his old engine was making 400 or more at the wheel (1.6 liter hasselgren F/A engine with huge turbo) but the area under the curve is much bigger this time. I'm going to miss hearing the angry, boosted 4ag, but you could tell it was a bit of a struggle staying competitive against the instant torque v8's everyone is using in FD now.

Delazy
14th April 2012, 10:24 PM
Think I saw he had one of the highest entry speeds last weekend!

Bloke is a legend in my mind, staying true to the ae86 in high level competition while other drivers give into newer/more developed cars!

sundee
15th April 2012, 12:25 AM
Fully agree delay , and in the end of the day why can't an 86 be competitive?
It's like Hibino in D1, running his notch back 86 , yoshioka's 300hp nitros 5ag , kinda wish hibino didn't take the FT86 route.
Or yoshioka Lexus... :(
Still a heap of 86's competing in D1, love watching them
Matsuda also a big big favourite