PDA

View Full Version : the yellow ke70 rumble bee daily drifter build

goose101
16th April 2012, 12:42 AM
hey everyone just thought id start up a bit of a build thread for my ke70 project,
first up the car: i was searching for months for good ke70, and wasnt having much luck until i found this one, i think it was a thursday and i was at work searching the forums for a car and i came across this one,5sp manual !, i texted the guy and one thing led to another, that weekend me and my mate nick drove down to bathurst from newcastle to check out the car, i bought it and that begun the story of the little yellow ke70.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23108&d=1322285186

i got it home at around 2am monday morning so i didnt have much time to look at the car too much, but that afternoon i gave it a good wash and started inspecting, upon inspecting i found a few extra rust spots but nothing too bad, engine had a few a pretty bad oil leak (turned out to be oil pressure sensor) and yeah apart from that it was great.
the car already had a fair bit of syspension work done to it, it goes as following,
Suspension
-Front
XT130 Struts, Tie rods and twin piston brakes
XT130 LCAs
ST185 KYB Excell G shocks with spacer
AJPS 6kg AE86 Front springs
-Rear
AJPS 5kg Rear springs
and was also on ssr mk1s
the first thing i got for the car was some new shoes, 4 185/65/14 potenza re001s, the next thing was some 30mm spring spacers for the back coz i wanted it to sit a bit higher, and it scraped like hell on my driveway, next up i fixed the rust spots and resprayed them.
so next up was some planning of future mods, and the end result was 4AGE conversion, so then started the parts hunting, it took a few months to collect the various parts needed for it then we got it started, so last weekend we took out the old 4k to make room for the 4age, also stripped the interior of everything except the drivers seat,
the conversion didnt quite go so smooth thanks to some crappy parts interpreting on behalf of repco, clutch was wrong and also the pedal box i got was wrong, still managed to get the motor in and bolted up.
this weekend got back onto it and got the manifolds on, i have the right clutch now but we have some problems with the bellhousing - eg. it doesnt fit the motor, so now ive gotta figure out that issue, which is annoying coz i just reconditioned the gearbox haha,
updates to come

haveaparty
16th April 2012, 12:46 PM
looks like a tidy rig. and the 4k 5 speed wont fit on a 4a motor. ull need a t50 from an ae86 or ae71

goose101
16th April 2012, 06:03 PM
looks like a tidy rig. and the 4k 5 speed wont fit on a 4a motor. ull need a t50 from an ae86 or ae71
yeah im mid conversion now and ive got a t50 but having troubles with it

ShowUsYourTints
16th April 2012, 08:58 PM
yeah im mid conversion now and ive got a t50 but having troubles with it

Might have a T18 T50. From memory they have a 21 spline shaft, and a completely different bell housing.

goose101
16th April 2012, 09:34 PM
Indeed that is what happened

lildavo
16th April 2012, 11:49 PM
That sucks about the T50. I'll be watching this thread closely, can't wait to see it once the conversion is finished. Are you still keeping it rego'd? Sounds like you're setting it up for the track by stripping the interior...

Post some more pics up! I do miss it...

goose101
18th April 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm gonna be keeping it regoed but just sneaky rego lol