PDA

View Full Version : Keiichi Tsuchiya's build

biGtai
5th June 2009, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEdtAVlbBw&feature=PlayList&p=7D596870AF4CB55A&index=24

just found this vid.

nice brackets & spot welding.. errr nice everything
good tips if you're going that far..

enjoy.

Intense
5th June 2009, 06:48 PM
What surprised me is that they allowed so much rust to exhist on the car when they handed it over to him. This section in the video happened quite a few years after TRD gave Tsuchiya the car, you would have thought that all of the rust would be fixed first before they did anything.

rthy
5th June 2009, 07:02 PM
i guess they expected him to crash it

slydar
17th June 2009, 10:13 PM
jealous much. the chassis connectors are so awesome.

its pretty thrashed out really when the first get it, all the sheet metal separating and the cracks. that whats surprised me more than the rust, putting that much effort into a car thats already done a lot of hard k's and is showing it.

also that paint both is a dead giveaway its a very high level of workmanship. not many booths like that in japan. not that you see modified cars being painted in often anyway.

dave2221
18th June 2009, 01:07 PM
so much love for that car

marvis
18th June 2009, 01:26 PM
Oh my goodness. I want that shell. Why would he run a hatch over the lighter and stiffer coupe?

marvis.

Intense
18th June 2009, 03:13 PM
Because the drift king's got style

Frak
18th June 2009, 05:14 PM
And he knows what looks better:wub:

on the matter of the discussion between hatch and coupe AE86's, I have many many pictures of old N2 and group A cars, it's quite hard to find a coupe(especially in N2), the only common coupe pics I can find are the JAL AE86 that was raced in Oz, if you look at Japan, the hatch seems to reign supreme.........you would think that they would realise the coupe has a lighter stiffer body!?

dave2221
18th June 2009, 05:21 PM
with the amount of bracing i would think there would be bugger all difference at the end

also there may be a difference in weight distribution between the hatch and the coupe?

Frak
18th June 2009, 05:52 PM
with the amount of bracing i would think there would be bugger all difference at the end

also there may be a difference in weight distribution between the hatch and the coupe?

Dave I was playing devil's advocate:DD I'm a hatch fan thru and thru :thumbup:

I think the hatch has a more balanced look............but hey, each to their own :)

dave2221
18th June 2009, 06:25 PM
haha, i dont mind either, was just trying to put some logic in..... :)

Kid Karola
19th June 2009, 12:40 AM
I think the whole idea of that build and the AE86Club series was to get a 10 year old car (ie. Trueno) and make it competitive with then current cars like EG Civic, DC2 Integra, S13, Altezza etc. They would do mods and compare with other tuned AE86s and discuss.