Frak
7th May 2012, 11:09 AM
WOW!!

AJPS
7th May 2012, 12:11 PM
Brz is tiptronic

Frak
7th May 2012, 03:12 PM
When I first saw this thread, I thought bit unfair, before watching I think the winner is obvious, The Megane Trophy is quite a good car, good brakes, ample power and good handling. Whilst watching I was shocked at the sheer amount of understeer from the BRZ, BUT it's the comments at the end that I think are interesting, the choice of cars I think is wrong, but the comments at the end regarding the BRZ were suprising to hear. Now I believe the 86 and the BRZ have different sus settings, how different I don't know, if Toyota/Subaru have screwed this up they are bloody idiots, they have had the chance to make an awesome little car, I guess only time wilkl tell and when they start getting tested by everyone the truth will come out, I really hope the Toyota is better.

And yeah what was with testing an auto BRZ!?

redsprinter
7th May 2012, 03:49 PM
just so everyone know at the end they are refering to an E30 M3.. since the power output and dimensions are very similar to an E30 M3 .. which is still regarded as on of the best drivers cars ever made.

McLEVIN
7th May 2012, 03:55 PM
they should have put it up against the clio rs 200...these vids always put two completely different cars against each other...

Frak
7th May 2012, 07:49 PM
Chris I agree, would of been better choice, but the comments at the end aren't good :(

Gunner
7th May 2012, 09:22 PM
Its ok uncle frak, i have it on good authority that the brz has a far more conservative suspension set up, a fair bit softer, and a less aggresive in alignment. Think std wrx

dove grey 64
7th May 2012, 09:29 PM
Its ok uncle frak, i have it on good authority that the brz has a far more conservative suspension set up, a fair bit softer, and a less aggresive in alignment. Think std wrx

i've heard/read the same. sounds typical of subaru promoting understeer before over steer, bit odd when setting up a rwd car though.
hopefully they give the toyota version a go

Gunner
7th May 2012, 09:46 PM
It was done primarily for comfort, remember most of subarus customers are 50+

Frak
8th May 2012, 11:31 PM
Gunner I had heard that but wasn't sure if it were true, so thart's good to hear!

plohl
10th May 2012, 10:09 PM
i've heard/read the same. sounds typical of subaru promoting understeer before over steer, bit odd when setting up a rwd car though.
hopefully they give the toyota version a go

Pretty much all new cars as "set-up" to under steer

4ABHGE
15th May 2012, 07:58 PM
Dissapointing... I hope the toyota is better! so far the reviews of the toyota have been great :)

Jonny Rochester
16th May 2012, 12:14 AM
Maybe I can stick my neck out here (and I havn't driven the 86 myself yet, maybe in a few weeks).
In the video they were disapointed with the BRZ. This should not be surprising for the occational review or experience to be like this. If a small lightweight car is balanced and on song, part of the delite in that is that you know it only takes a small thing to tip that balance. So we shouldn't be suprised. I have had my AE86 at the track before, only to find it drives like a normal car and not like in the movies. But I have had the same car at other times, drifting the corners, feeling the balance, making full use of power etc.

To drive the 86 with oversteer, you may need to select a few options. 86 seams like it maybe better/stiffer than BRZ from what we see so far. Get the manual, not the auto. Turn the traction control off (button in centre console I think). I think the GTS comes with a Torsen LSD, which has softer action. We know a mechanical LSD will be availiable for the racer/drifter. Not sure if that is TRD or a dealer option. Get the right combination and we already know this is a great car, as seen in other videos. (Chris Harris, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=romf-G6CZ7g