biggo
2nd January 2009, 05:59 PM
So...

hilux05
2nd January 2009, 06:28 PM
its raining.. i have no fun car!! ghey

NIZLAH
2nd January 2009, 08:52 PM
I live to far away, and my car is engine-less.............

biggo
3rd January 2009, 06:30 AM
well i got out yesterday. Pretty empty roads out my way.

I reckon sunny coast iis headed for a good 2009. Last year was poopy with everyone not having a car/building a car.

NIZLAH
3rd January 2009, 11:30 AM
I'm defiantly keen to get up those ways and have a gander at whats to offer, haven't ventured up there yet since moving to Brisbane. Its on my list of things to do when my shit is sorted...

biggo
3rd January 2009, 01:44 PM
moar you say?

ill see what i can find.

Having said that, isnt it good being able to see who posted just by glancing left!

I did a widdle bwit on the 86 today. I wanna lay some paint as soon as the rain pisses off.

biggo
5th January 2009, 07:12 AM
I need a few parts

T50, and the yoke on the input. Borgie is anyone has one, can swap for an s series. Need some 86 interior bits and some glass.

god, i may as well ask for a money tree.

letsgohunting
5th January 2009, 10:22 AM
Biggo needs moar avatar

Sunny coast cruises FTW, love "the lap"

We on the sunny coast don't "cruise".

Hills or nothing. haha.

driftke70
5th January 2009, 09:52 PM
indeed^

this year will be good

the wag tail will be up and running soon
henry has his jzx
gavs s14a is in good shape
biggos selections

etc,

a few new roads making others a little quieter,
petrol is down

i think its smiles all round

biggo
6th January 2009, 07:27 PM
agree'd

i blew up the turbo alternator. dunno how but ill see what i can do to fix it.

Really need to do one of them service things on the 20v. prob done like 100kms in the past month.

driftke70
9th January 2009, 12:50 AM
interesting, was looking over some crap with my 3sgte, its done a measly 24k and serviced at 1500k 5, 10, 20k

biggo
9th January 2009, 08:06 AM
lol that was a score, does it run yet?

going to do some more on the 86 this weekend. still dont know what motor. Beal, ask your bro if hes got any motors for sale.

Also, you need more pics, or maybe ill just come around and have a gander and annoy you

driftke70
9th January 2009, 11:45 AM
crate 6L?

4k?

lawn mower? its honda, has vtec and shit yo

ill take a few more happy snaps, i just feel sometimes like id rather just work on it and get it done than mull over it too much and take photos and stuff, ill take a photo if i do something im proud of or something. ill see what i can do, and you know your welcome when ever.

justins bender is set up in kunda at the moment, if you get your own toobin and bring your car round he will probably let you use it.

biggo
9th January 2009, 04:34 PM
cool cool

you still got your bend angles and lengths?

I happen to agree with the pic part too, i mean theres not alot im pleased with on the 86 but yair. would be nice to see the overall effect but that requires preping all the panels which is ghey.

If you need any mech work bring it to yandy auto, ive got the run of the shop for a bit till i find an apprentyship

letsgohunting
9th January 2009, 08:00 PM
hurry up and get your cars working reliably haha. It's raining and the most companionship I'd get going for a drive is if I took my cat.

xramjetx
9th January 2009, 09:10 PM
hey guys names shaune, from sunny coast also, you will see my mz12 coming in the next couple weeks.... use to own a white laurel, dumped on its arse, then offed it to charlie, if anyone knows him...and also owned one mean blue ceffy from jap land if anyone seen it back in the day on the side of the road with blown radiator on cooly highway ;) had massive gold dished wheel, and sounded and went like bat outa hell

biggo
11th January 2009, 05:33 PM
Welcome ramjet, where you located?

Saw old mates JZX hundy today, i gotta say i just love the lines of them cars. Hot shit.

Got the gte fixed, ended up using an old toyota alt and just whacking in my camry voltage reg. Works fine now, also "aquired" a tee line bleeder. Havent tried it out yet, will start at 10 and go from there when im sober.

Anyone else do car stuff this weekend?

hilux05
11th January 2009, 08:18 PM
i pulled my struts apart and cut em down ready for coilovers.. real lazy atm..

hey biggo, where'd you get that oil feeder T piece for the turbs from. i need one too but dont know the thread pitch thingy..

xramjetx
12th January 2009, 12:09 AM
thanx bigo, im located at glenfields area. what about you...
got a GZ10 shell for sale pretty cheap good nick, for $400 if anyone's interested will put it up in "for sale"thread soonish ;)
what sort of JzX, i like the 81(cant get them in OZ though. that sux..), and the jzx100 has sexy lines so im guessing one of them, i know of a few imports on the coast but not to many here my little list, some of the people might be on here:
* mates walker gx81, 1jz, locker, r154, ssr meshies, and air-con ;O
* green 4door laurel, i think MW performance did some stuff to it for a bit
* red s14 2 series i think, had work VS-kfs when i last saw it, don't know driver
ummmm* martys( Mw performance) 7mgte soarer, that goes like the clappers
*white and grey Silvia with VS-kfs and a high mount on a ca18det, now i saw this car at MW performance and didn't get to ask Marty about it, was hoping someone on here might know him, cause the car was clean and the engine has some work done for a ca...
anyway enough blabbering what a good night to go out for a meet up/touge round the coast, i only know of peachester mountain, its pretty freaky though

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 12:55 AM
I went for a quick drive round the hills after the movies tonight. Quiet as, no one out. Bridgestone re070s on the front of my car are sexual. Now that they're well worn they take a little while to get some heat into them but once they get hot they get amazing. Going to need to buy new tyres soon - not looking forward to coughing up 320-450 bucks each for the front. More re-070s are out of the question - they retail at almost 500 each :s

What you guys rekon:
Toyo R1R/bridge re01 adrenalin - 299 ea
Federal 595rs - 322ea
Falken rt615 - 387ea
Toyo r888 - 410ea
Bridge re55s - 450ea

Leaning toward federals... Possibly falkens although a lot of the autocross guys on forums are saying that the federals are as good if not better for cheaper....

Roollla.83
12th January 2009, 02:22 AM
I went for a quick drive round the hills after the movies tonight. Quiet as, no one out. Bridgestone re070s on the front of my car are sexual. Now that they're well worn they take a little while to get some heat into them but once they get hot they get amazing. Going to need to buy new tyres soon - not looking forward to coughing up 320-450 bucks each for the front. More re-070s are out of the question - they retail at almost 500 each :s

What you guys rekon:
Toyo R1R/bridge re01 adrenalin - 299 ea
Federal 595rs - 322ea
Falken rt615 - 387ea
Toyo r888 - 410ea
Bridge re55s - 450ea

Leaning toward federals... Possibly falkens although a lot of the autocross guys on forums are saying that the federals are as good if not better for cheaper....

What tyre size mate?

biggo
12th January 2009, 06:54 AM
595's would be the pick. Tried and proven and pretty cheap.

Henry has falkens and doesnt rate them. But you nissan drivers dont really car what goes on the front so long as its a respected brand :P

hilux05 - i got my fitting from bursons in nambour, just took the oil pressure sender in with me to get it to match up. Only cost like $12 or something.

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 10:49 AM
what tyre size mate?

225/45/17

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 10:50 AM
595's would be the pick. Tried and proven and pretty cheap.

Henry has falkens and doesnt rate them. But you nissan drivers dont really car what goes on the front so long as its a respected brand :P

hilux05 - i got my fitting from bursons in nambour, just took the oil pressure sender in with me to get it to match up. Only cost like $12 or something.

I'm leaning further towards the 595s...

driftke70
12th January 2009, 11:39 AM
didnt henry run federals and not like them, i rekon you will be happy either way, they all do their job pretty well. little bit more predictable than the bridgies your running now.

driftke70
12th January 2009, 11:40 AM
also 235 45 17 might be a bit cheaper

Roollla.83
12th January 2009, 06:54 PM
also 235 45 17 might be a bit cheaper

Your right.. :)

Pm'd letsgohunting..

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah so today went down to brisbane to get some clothes.

Stumbled upon a kumho dealer who does the new semis they just released. I got a pair of ecsta XS or ku36 semi slicks for 178ea in 225s. 235s are always cheaper BUT i'm running only 7" front rims so it's overtyreing it - which I hate.

Read about about those XS's and people seem to be loving them. In one of the press releases the chief engineer for kumho was saying that they falken rt615 was the benchmark they used for comparison and their test driver was consistently faster on the kumhos. Apparently the inside nickname for them was FK (falken killer). Going to be interesting - they look like a really nice tyre.

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 07:17 PM
didnt henry run federals and not like them, i rekon you will be happy either way, they all do their job pretty well. little bit more predictable than the bridgies your running now.

If I could go with the brige re070s again I would. They're the most predictable tyre I've ever driven on when warm.

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 07:21 PM
PICS:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/7/6/3681.jpg

Looks like it's got a nice big contact area.

biggo
12th January 2009, 09:01 PM
ahh that tyre brings back memories.

a few moons ago i was told some of the escta range was the benchmark. Ive found out lately that tyre rubber varies alot from country to country. Ive got 3 pairs of cheap euro thrash waiting to get burnt. I rate that stuff over some of the cheap china tyres ive had.

anywhat, henry was saying hes got a manual pretty sorted. Cant wait for some hills!

letsgohunting
12th January 2009, 09:54 PM
how long till you finish your car nick? Do I need to come over with a whip and leathers for some motivation?

biggo
12th January 2009, 09:59 PM
which car?

Its only the 86 which need motivation. GTE is well, scary and it still needs a mod plate which takes money of which im in short supply of at this time of the year. Might do a naughty tho if times require :)

blackknight
28th January 2009, 10:40 PM
hey guys im new to your forum but been on the sunny coast a while, I live in the clown town area lol

biggo
29th January 2009, 08:22 AM
Clown town being buderium area?

Spotted what looks to be daz's old 86 parked outside a workshop in nambour. Has rewinds on it now hehe

driftke70
29th January 2009, 02:40 PM
did he get rid of his coupe?

not sure where clown town is. but im in buderim

hilux05
29th January 2009, 04:58 PM
clown town would be caloundra

and anyone got a pipe cutter or know where to buy a cheap one for 2-3 inch pipe..i got a metal cut off saw but that cuts about as straight as elton john..

blackknight
29th January 2009, 05:01 PM
LOL spot on it is caloundra, dont know where you got buderim from i thought buderim was gods waiting room? (because it's full of old people)

biggo
29th January 2009, 07:35 PM
yair so whats that make noosa? Roundabout central?

was daz's old black car. its now white n shit.

Richie - trade tools would have a big pipe cutter you know the manual turny ones. I found my metal cut off to be fair dinkum.

Id just like to say for the final time how much i hate rust ARRRGGHH, its like fleas in the sack.

blackknight
31st January 2009, 10:07 AM
I hear You, Ive got a case of the rust blues myself, but soon I will destroy it hahahah
And its in a terrible spot no doubt?

biggo
3rd February 2009, 06:30 PM
This thread is dying

Anyway, spotted old mate working on the chaser on sat. I was fair dinkum drunk tho but i recall most of it was sorted. Finished painting the panels on the 86 too. Not all that happy with em, but ah well. Motor will go in soon.

Whos up for a drive once the 100 is manualised? I know gav will be, ill take the gte out, anyone else?

Also, old mate YUK86 got his beater running after 4 year hahahhaha, even got his license too!

letsgohunting
3rd February 2009, 09:01 PM
This thread is dying

Anyway, spotted old mate working on the chaser on sat. I was fair dinkum drunk tho but i recall most of it was sorted. Finished painting the panels on the 86 too. Not all that happy with em, but ah well. Motor will go in soon.

Whos up for a drive once the 100 is manualised? I know gav will be, ill take the gte out, anyone else?

Also, old mate YUK86 got his beater running after 4 year hahahhaha, even got his license too!

I'm always up for a drive. Car overheated the other day on the way to dinner at mbah so out of action this week. Cracked radiator and turbo water lines. Just about to order a nice aluminium dual core radiator from ISC and some earls braided turbo coolant/oil in/out lines and fittings. Should be back on the road by Tuesday next week. Cooling system should be near indestructable - for a while at least.

biggo
3rd February 2009, 09:25 PM
haha, saw henry's new cooling system. It gets my thumbs up.

Amaxing the sr didnt blow *jokes jokes*

Have you got anymore goodies on it yet?

letsgohunting
4th February 2009, 07:57 AM
haha, saw henry's new cooling system. It gets my thumbs up.

Amaxing the sr didnt blow *jokes jokes*

Have you got anymore goodies on it yet?

Yeah apparently PWR rad - wonder how much more expensive that is than an isc one?

SR's been pretty robust so far though its getting to the point where it need some good old maintenance done to keep it fresh new spark plugs soon.

Aside from overhauling brakes and pads allround and now the new cooling system, haven't really touched it. It drives pretty well for a basic setup, so don't really need to change anything.

driftke70
4th February 2009, 01:57 PM
indeedy,

its easy to get carried away and cut firewalls out

letsgohunting
4th February 2009, 06:17 PM
indeedy,

its easy to get carried away and cut firewalls out

There's nothing like the smell of scolding hot firewall shrapnel to perk you up in the morning. Just go ahead and mount the motor behind the passenger seat - you know you want to. Then you can say "renault clio v6 aint got nothin on me" and you'll be right.

biggo
4th February 2009, 06:54 PM
I had 2 motors in the snotter once, it slowed me down....

been sourcing prices on 1uz's so you know, maybe maybe.

paint is fecked on the 86, gonna have to do it again :(

scott_22
5th February 2009, 03:43 AM
sunshine coast ehhh
didnt think anyone cared about cars here
should organise a gympie skid pan day
fun fun

driftke70
5th February 2009, 12:08 PM
meh, noise restrictions, wet road, hill run would be more favourable

letsgohunting
5th February 2009, 12:40 PM
yeah... a skid pan is kinda wrong. It's like cornering fun without corners. Or like a holden bogans idea of a good time cornering.

biggo
5th February 2009, 07:28 PM
Ive been there, was fun but id prefer unlimited hills runs.

Anyone noticed Scotty URA51 is driving an RX3 these days?

Had an old datto 1600 come in to work today. Had an FJ20, bolton guards fibreglass bonnet full cage buckets etc etc with some of them sport max 003's and far out did it look nice. Almost as cool as a ke70 hahaha. i was jelouse tho cos he had 25 pound and alot of blowby :(

scott_22
6th February 2009, 01:40 AM
im only learning. thats why i sugested skid pan and it would so be no fun by myself.

letsgohunting
6th February 2009, 02:01 AM
im only learning. thats why i sugested skid pan and it would so be no fun by myself.

All good dude. I would actually do a skidpan day if it was cheap and there was nothing else to do.

gumbie
6th February 2009, 05:27 PM
This thread is dying

you talking about the dark green chaser? the one which is always at nambour? if so i know the guy if anyone wants to go for a skid with him let me know and i can introduce you :D!

biggo
6th February 2009, 06:19 PM
nah henry has a white jzxhundy. Seen that green one tho. I rate old mates one over that.

Got a few more tidbits for the 86 today. Shes coming along nicely.

biggo
6th February 2009, 06:21 PM
PS. TGIF

woohooo im hammered already!!

scott_22
6th February 2009, 06:45 PM
dumped and gutted my ketto i got yesterday, today. anyone know where i can get my diff welded? and how much. i was talking to emma from option1 the other day and i am thinking of hiring out archy for a private sesh. you get 3 hours and there is a max of 5 cars at $100 a car, anyone interested?

letsgohunting
6th February 2009, 08:59 PM
I'd be interested for sure.

seek
7th February 2009, 03:35 PM
does anyone here actually have a running and registered car and know of some nice places?? because given ive got copious amounts of time as of late and im starting to get sick of driving in the same spots...

someone organise something, even if its only for an hour or two...

gumbie
7th February 2009, 06:06 PM
well guys, picking up my new project AE71 on monday, first thing that needs to be done is replace the smashed windscreen, anyone know a good company to get it replaced?

scott_22
7th February 2009, 07:20 PM
i have a running registered car. my diff isnt locked yet so i cant do much but ill come for a drive take some fully hektic pics n shit. jordan ill ask my mechanic for you cause when i sold my old car i had to get a new windscreen in it (the fagna) and it only cost 170. pretty sure the windscreen in that would probs be more expensive than in the ae71. ill let you know. but i think i drive is in order soon for the people with "working" cars.

gumbie
7th February 2009, 07:58 PM
okay cheers heaps scott :), howd you go about going to the QT?

scott_22
7th February 2009, 08:18 PM
battery died. well the terminal did so i had was broken thats why it wasn't starting the other day. couldnt drive it so i will go in there asap. dont worry i wont get speeding tickets. lol

gumbie
7th February 2009, 09:09 PM
what the? the battery terminal is broken? :S probably the rwc ppl lol because it was fine :\

biggo
7th February 2009, 09:24 PM
ryan - Myself, Gav and Henry (I think) have running and rego'd cars. Might have a hillsy sometime soon once gav sorts his cooling and henry finishes his manual.

I really wanna take the gte out, put some Bridgy ER030's on it, havent tested it yet tho.

seek
7th February 2009, 10:28 PM
ryan - Myself, Gav and Henry (I think) have running and rego'd cars. Might have a hillsy sometime soon once gav sorts his cooling and henry finishes his manual.

I really wanna take the gte out, put some Bridgy ER030's on it, havent tested it yet tho.

yeah, well let me know, some of you have my mobile, or if you dont, PM me...

on another note, im taking my shitbox out to your 'test' road you introduced me to a couple of weeks ago, ill let you know when im going anyways.

scott_22
8th February 2009, 01:26 AM
i wanna come driving. dw bout battery terminal bro. not a problem. :P

biggo
8th February 2009, 05:30 AM
seek - dont go out there on a thursday. Cops go to the shooting range. Also skid after the houses, some have angry occupants.

If you wanna go dirt ill come out too.

silent drifter
9th February 2009, 07:35 PM
yo fellas im back and i have a clutch at my feet i dont think anymore needs to be said hows one night this week sound or if not early next week when gavs back on the road.

who's in?

driftke70
9th February 2009, 07:44 PM
me

gumbie
9th February 2009, 07:56 PM
Quesetion: Anyone got a KE70/AE71 Windscreen laying around i can buy :D?

biggo
9th February 2009, 08:28 PM
Im in

got a quote back today on polycarbonate - $250 per 2440mmx1220mm

Fark that!

scott_22
10th February 2009, 12:27 AM
i work nights.......fuck

gumbie
11th February 2009, 09:07 PM
thanx bigo, im located at glenfields area. what about you...
got a GZ10 shell for sale pretty cheap good nick, for $400 if anyone's interested will put it up in "for sale"thread soonish ;)
what sort of JzX, i like the 81(cant get them in OZ though. that sux..), and the jzx100 has sexy lines so im guessing one of them, i know of a few imports on the coast but not to many here my little list, some of the people might be on here:
* mates walker gx81, 1jz, locker, r154, ssr meshies, and air-con ;O
* green 4door laurel, i think MW performance did some stuff to it for a bit
* red s14 2 series i think, had work VS-kfs when i last saw it, don't know driver
ummmm* martys( Mw performance) 7mgte soarer, that goes like the clappers
*white and grey Silvia with VS-kfs and a high mount on a ca18det, now i saw this car at MW performance and didn't get to ask Marty about it, was hoping someone on here might know him, cause the car was clean and the engine has some work done for a ca...
anyway enough blabbering what a good night to go out for a meet up/touge round the coast, i only know of peachester mountain, its pretty freaky though

Hey mate i go to martys quite abit, the White and black CA sil there is a guys called atomo, he owns the shed marty works in.

silent drifter
12th February 2009, 09:10 AM
hey fellas i am going out tonight if anyones keen. nick you going to bring one of your cars?

biggo
12th February 2009, 08:18 PM
So ghey, knock off work at 6 to find my gte in peices (i kinda forgot). Then it rained and rained

I got your msg tho, was meaning to get some credit but it slipped off the agenda :P i guess beer does that.

Next time then or a sunday run?

driftke70
13th February 2009, 07:23 PM
would of come if i had of known earlier

seek
13th February 2009, 08:59 PM
well it was pretty wet, i went with henry for a quick drive and there was so much rain my shitbox wipers could barely move it, then the whole no-demister and high-beams just made it more interesting...

scott_22
13th February 2009, 10:25 PM
the rain was insane this morning in buderim. my drive way was a river. i know i dont know any of you but i wanna come driving!!!!!!

letsgohunting
14th February 2009, 08:18 PM
did 1st part of my radiator/turbo water line replacement today. Reminds me of how fucking much I hate working on cars. Shits me to no end. This is why new cars suit me much better. The less I have to stuff around underneath them the better.

Can't wait to actually drive it again.

letsgohunting
14th February 2009, 08:19 PM
Which reminds me, I have one hell of an exhaust leak coming out from around my turbo, so until that's fixed I won't be out for any drives. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done by midweek. And i'll take that homosexual canon off too.

biggo
15th February 2009, 06:30 AM
how many peanuts you want for the cannon?

I dont mind working on cars, so long as theyre toyota's.....and built in the 1980's......

biggo
15th February 2009, 06:30 AM
PS easy fix for the leak - get some of that copper gasket sealant, works beaut!

letsgohunting
15th February 2009, 05:11 PM
how many peanuts you want for the cannon?

I dont mind working on cars, so long as theyre toyota's.....and built in the 1980's......

I dont know dude it's a hks one but I don't like canons at all. When I take it off I'll show it to you and if you want it so be it. haha

gumbie
17th February 2009, 05:08 PM
hey people, just wondering whats the go with a smallport 4age loom into an AE71, do i need to get it converted to a rwd format?

biggo
17th February 2009, 07:55 PM
Ey? That makes no sense.

Pretty much keep the FWD engine loom and wire that in. pretty easy.

letsgohunting
18th February 2009, 04:55 PM
I hate emmissions gear so much it's not even funny.

I'm actually contemplating hanging myself rather than putting this piece of shit turbo gear back together. After this one I'm never buying another turbo ever again. I'm buyig a fucking s2000 or a 350z.

Hate turbo.

gumbie
18th February 2009, 06:27 PM
LawL!

biggo
18th February 2009, 07:51 PM
hahaha Gav ill have a go at it if need be. Im kinda ashamed you pay people to do the dirty work after you have onwed like 5 86's

maybe add another ae86 to that list too :)

biggo
18th February 2009, 07:54 PM
hahaha Gav ill have a go at it if need be. Im kinda ashamed you pay people to do the dirty work after you have onwed like 5 86's

maybe add another ae86 to that list too :)

silent drifter
18th February 2009, 08:22 PM
are you so pissed your seeing double nick? hahaha im not far behinde you hehehe

driftke70
18th February 2009, 08:26 PM
ARHHHHH want to drive the rolla so bad, i might be buying an imbetween car,
ill give you a hint, its a 4 door sedan, toyota, 2 litre, multi point fuel injected, 4x114.3, has a boot lip and will be locked, dropped, wearing 14 x 9s until i finish the corolla.

marvis
18th February 2009, 09:17 PM
I like the sounds of it whatever it is.

letsgohunting
19th February 2009, 02:16 PM
ARHHHHH want to drive the rolla so bad, i might be buying an imbetween car,
ill give you a hint, its a 4 door sedan, toyota, 2 litre, multi point fuel injected, 4x114.3, has a boot lip and will be locked, dropped, wearing 14 x 9s until i finish the corolla.

carina?

letsgohunting
19th February 2009, 02:16 PM
almost finished my heap of shit....

and pretty much thanks to henry haha.

gumbie
19th February 2009, 06:03 PM
smart car?

biggo
19th February 2009, 07:29 PM
holden motor in old rona's

Can i have a FUCK YAIR! for skids tonight! whoop whoop!!

driftke70
19th February 2009, 09:38 PM
no star fire ism in my garage!

this is a beast of note,

gav you were close, ish

good to have your beast going again, i would have been round to lend some obvious statements for a while but im doing 12 hour shifts at the moment, painful labour = bad, buying what I want for the rolla = good.

letsgohunting
20th February 2009, 01:43 AM
no star fire ism in my garage!

this is a beast of note,

gav you were close, ish

good to have your beast going again, i would have been round to lend some obvious statements for a while but im doing 12 hour shifts at the moment, painful labour = bad, buying what I want for the rolla = good.

just plleeeaaasee get it finished already!

scott_22
20th February 2009, 02:28 AM
almost finished my heap of shit....

and pretty much thanks to henry haha.

are you talking about henry with the chaser? he welded my diff today :). will be organising that archy day i mentioned earlier on in the thread. so if anyone is interested please pm me asap so i can start organising a date.
cheers
scott

dr1ft-pig
20th February 2009, 01:56 PM
scott.. did you get the carby i sent you???

pm me

scott_22
20th February 2009, 03:10 PM
nah man havent got anything yet bro. ill let you know as soon as i get it. postie hasnt been today yet anyway
thanks heaps for that broski

dr1ft-pig
20th February 2009, 03:11 PM
yeah should be there today....

too easy man

biggo
20th February 2009, 07:58 PM
Drive last night was fun, been too long i reckon. Ended up doing a few laps of yandy before bed :) Even had some randoms spectating.

Henry - I asked around, you either have an open diff or a torsen center with a snapped axle. I dont recall jzxhundys having opens tho? Put that bleeder on, will give it a whirl tomorow. You wanna come round and so some stuff on the 86? mostly sanding and bogging i reckon.

To everyone else, i rate bridgy ER030's 10/10 imo

letsgohunting
20th February 2009, 08:14 PM
Pissed I missed the drive last night.

Got all the shit back together in my car today after much swearing and cursing and sweating like a fucking wildebeest on heat. Went to drivers seat, turned the key.... whole bunch of clicky noises and no starting. Sounded like starter motor was stuck. So pushed the car outside and tried push start but couldn't get enough speed up. Quick check of battery indicator shows it's dead. Went to wind windows up and they barely moved haha. So I'm hoping I just flattened the battery. Can't charge it because it's a sealed one and says "dont charge" on a big sticker.

If I put a new battery in and the prick doesn't start I'm actually going to admit myself into a mental hospital for some serious morphine dosage.

biggo
20th February 2009, 08:35 PM
lol gav fear not, you can charge them battery's up, just dont smoke near it when you do. And keep it well ventilated.

We did give you some ribbing last night tho, you missed a good obi run, even i out ran the ole chaser hahahaha.

Maybe just try jump starting it first tho.

PS henry if you wanna do the bushes pop round work about 3-4pm and ill do it on a friday.

letsgohunting
20th February 2009, 09:08 PM
Car started. Seems to be fine although I felt a bit of hesitation at low rev pickup, just from a bit of engine bay throttle linkage revving. Still gotta re-fill coolant system and do a final checkup. I'm left over with about 5 different heat shields for the turbo. I hate heat shields.

letsgohunting
21st February 2009, 12:19 AM
oi dudes get into scotts archy drift day. hopefully I'll be in.

silent drifter
21st February 2009, 09:45 AM
Drive last night was fun, been too long i reckon. Ended up doing a few laps of yandy before bed Even had some randoms spectating.

Henry - I asked around, you either have an open diff or a torsen center with a snapped axle. I dont recall jzxhundys having opens tho? Put that bleeder on, will give it a whirl tomorow. You wanna come round and so some stuff on the 86? mostly sanding and bogging i reckon.

To everyone else, i rate bridgy ER030's 10/10 imo

yeah it has been way to long since i have had a drive like that. hey nick when we went up nambour i was so disapointed that i sold the 180 i missed it so much.
the ER030's looked like they did a really god job for a spectators view.

and i rate abs 2/10 open center 0/10 235's on rear 3/10 atleast need 255's/265's

i hate my cars curent setup. but i think when a few thing's are changed it could really be fast

letsgohunting
21st February 2009, 10:16 AM
yeah it has been way to long since i have had a drive like that. hey nick when we went up nambour i was so disapointed that i sold the 180 i missed it so much.
the ER030's looked like they did a really god job for a spectators view.

and i rate abs 2/10 open center 0/10 235's on rear 3/10 atleast need 255's/265's

i hate my cars curent setup. but i think when a few thing's are changed it could really be fast

So I may have converted you to my "i hate abs" club ey.... what happened? just restrict braking?

silent drifter
21st February 2009, 11:46 AM
yeah problems showed in the first 3 or 4 corners having shit tyres dose not help but i am glad that i found out with shit tyres and not with slicks

biggo
21st February 2009, 04:34 PM
I reckon its time for me to start trying nambour. With the er030's it cant be too bad.

ABS wasnt too bad but it didnt do its job very well. It locked up at least once up obi didnt it?

letsgohunting
21st February 2009, 11:56 PM
I found out that to remove ABS on my 14 is a MASSIVE job. Have to reroute and block off a whole heap of lines, set up some sort of wiring loop for sensors etc etc. Not worth the effort for me. If it was just a matter of pulling a fuse I would do it right now.

driftke70
22nd February 2009, 01:12 AM
yeha i spoke to rory about that, its bit of a mish, a good weekends work, if you get all the info you can and head round ill happily do it for you, i have heaps of break line pipe and a pipe bender and stuff,

ill have my new car tomorrow, MAYBE,

letsgohunting
22nd February 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm going jto try pulling an ABS fuse tomorrow or tonight and see what it does. If it does disable the ABS and just throws a warning light on the dash i'll just do that when I want to go for a hard drive, and put it back in for daily duties - best of both worlds!

Good news - s14 is back and running and fucking kicking ass. It's gained like 20hp on the top end and suspension-wise feels fuckin brilliant. So We're driving this week. Me and Henry definitely in, Nick i'm guessing will be in. BEall?

driftke70
23rd February 2009, 02:27 AM
yeah, ill scoot along with some open diff love

biggo
23rd February 2009, 07:10 AM
more than likely.

The gte has 10pound now :) if i can sort out this tailshaft today ill bring her out. Shes a mad cunt!

silent drifter
23rd February 2009, 07:55 PM
i was sitting in side at my gf place and heard a loud thump look out side and some litle kid road his bike straight into the front of my car he and his bike have ended up on top of my bonnet. my car was the only car parked on the street this litle kid was so lucky he was only ten if he was 10 years older i would have knocked the litle c@#t out.

driftke70
23rd February 2009, 08:58 PM
thats so average

driftke70
24th February 2009, 01:41 AM
the wrath of the mighty hilux open diff was felt

biggo
24th February 2009, 08:08 AM
I know i can feel the pain in my back.

Good night, ive found a niggle that im going to sort out, theres a noise coming from the box when you really realy load it, methinks its the starter poping out and meeting the teeth of the flywheel.

How was obi obi?

driftke70
24th February 2009, 10:51 AM
ka nobi

silent drifter
24th February 2009, 07:08 PM
ah the torque

biggo
24th February 2009, 07:49 PM
finished the tailshaft today, so worth the $80 uni joint. But theyre a special order so i dont think theyre universal?

Had some thoughts about this fuel surge. Verdict is i need a surge tank pfft.

letsgohunting
24th February 2009, 10:52 PM
ah the torque

indeeed.

SR20det myth busted. Internet shit talkers be damned - rb20det is as good if not better with mid range torque.

04ae86
25th February 2009, 04:59 AM
well i might roll my 86 back out soon but i might find it hard to get rwc as it has to many mods now. sigh. might just buy another one.
or buy an r32 golf and see how that goes my hilux is only fun on really big roads,but due to its size is quite easy to control and the v6 has loads of power for a ute.

driftke70
25th February 2009, 10:02 AM
yeah my little luxy was keeping up with some nice cars. My ears are still ringing from the tyre noise though.

silent drifter
25th February 2009, 02:25 PM
well i might roll my 86 back out soon but i might find it hard to get rwc as it has to many mods now. sigh. might just buy another one.
or buy an r32 golf and see how that goes my hilux is only fun on really big roads,but due to its size is quite easy to control and the v6 has loads of power for a ute.

hey mike how you been what have you done the the 86 now? 4agze? did you ever find those stollen parts?

scott_22
25th February 2009, 02:57 PM
henry you left your welding glove at mine bro.

silent drifter
25th February 2009, 06:06 PM
ah so thats where i left it if you come out driving one night bring it with you

04ae86
25th February 2009, 06:25 PM
lol nah parts were never found ze got taken out for some old school carbs top end got smashed at turf farm and ze went back in i tried to make it road worthy but lost intrest so its sitting somewhere with a ze no computer, coil overs roll cage wide guards the mesh rims off daz's 86 and the seats and shit just rusting away i might part it out soon and give the body away, its a shame to it was the only car that made me drive. im thinking about getting a awd evo or golf in the next year or so to take back up the hills but ill prob end up buying a jdm sprinter or a chaser.
if yas go out again soon i might take the bmw.
nothing like a german screaming around obi obi.

silent drifter
25th February 2009, 06:37 PM
lol nah parts were never found ze got taken out for some old school carbs top end got smashed at turf farm and ze went back in i tried to make it road worthy but lost intrest so its sitting somewhere with a ze no computer, coil overs roll cage wide guards the mesh rims off daz's 86 and the seats and shit just rusting away i might part it out soon and give the body away, its a shame to it was the only car that made me drive. im thinking about getting a awd evo or golf in the next year or so to take back up the hills but ill prob end up buying a jdm sprinter or a chaser.
if yas go out again soon i might take the bmw.
nothing like a german screaming around obi obi.

thats a shame mike i wanted to see that car finished. dont buy a chaser there gay and so ugly.

i am going out again on thursday you still got the same number? i will send you a msg.

biggo
25th February 2009, 07:45 PM
Only pic from monday before the battery died.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6272/nick1546.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

i should dye my hair blond so i can be as cool as you henry!

Might give tomorow night a miss tho, got a bit of work on at the mo. Give me the weekend and ill see what i can do to make the 70 better. We need camera mounts man, so we can see each others driving. I get the feeling mines going to look twitchy as all hell.

silent drifter
25th February 2009, 08:55 PM
should dye my hair blond so i can be as cool as you henry!

Might give tomorow night a miss tho, got a bit of work on at the mo. Give me the weekend and ill see what i can do to make the 70 better. We need camera mounts man, so we can see each others driving. I get the feeling mines going to look twitchy as all hell.
\

hair what hair?

why dont we just weld a mount on to your cage? i jamed the camera between the chair and the head rest in the 180 and that worked ok.

biggo
26th February 2009, 06:52 AM
I was thinking something removable so i could whack it in the 71 too.

biggo
26th February 2009, 08:37 PM
beal - might pop by on the weekend and get you started on the rust but depends on how busy i get. And how empty my beer fridge is :P

Poobrown86
26th February 2009, 10:06 PM
Who's hundred? hows it like the trails?

biggo
27th February 2009, 07:30 AM
henry's and its shit hahaha. Nah its just got an open diff.

Scotty - does your bro still have the altezza? We may have to bribe him to come out with us :)

Poobrown86
27th February 2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah, he does, I think i'm gunna take delivery of it soon. I've got a Altezza half cut comming with a Blitz compressor on the motor, so that will be going in it when it gets here. they think end of march... You dont know any one who wants a sprinter do ya? Got rid of my ol brown pig. just need to get rid of the sr one now.

letsgohunting
27th February 2009, 01:58 PM
Who's hundred? hows it like the trails?

It's really very very fast through even tight twisties.

driftke70
27th February 2009, 02:59 PM
needs diff, minor suspension workings and itll be a rig.

letsgohunting
27th February 2009, 08:30 PM
All it really needs is diff. Suspension is a little hard but not at all bad.

biggo
27th February 2009, 08:37 PM
All it needs is a big black dildo hanging out the sunroof. Cos mine isnt big enough to reach when it revs out.

Scotty, ill swap you my RUST FREE 86 for yours :)

You have any leftover parts? Im hunting around for a few bits

04ae86
27th February 2009, 11:40 PM
i want a stock running sprinter none of this turbo/charged shit if u have one i dont care if its a body with nothing but an engine gear box ill take it.

biggo
28th February 2009, 06:36 AM
i has a 4ac. not painted yet shitbox

Scotty has a run of the mill 4age ADM box. Cheap as too i have to say.

Poobrown86
28th February 2009, 11:08 AM
AGE one is sold, Nick, i've got a whole sprinter under the house. what do u need? Its built 4 cars now.. but yeah, what do u need and i'll tell u if i've got it.

silent drifter
28th February 2009, 04:12 PM
you get the picture http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/silent_drifter/?action=view&current=P2280345.jpg

Poobrown86
28th February 2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.goprocamera.com/

silent drifter
28th February 2009, 05:35 PM
i wonder how good it would be at night?

biggo
28th February 2009, 07:41 PM
scotty i need a brake booster, the underbody hardlines for brake and fuel umm some interior if you got any and a few beers :)

you selling the sr one already? Over it?

letsgohunting
1st March 2009, 08:22 PM
you get the picture http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/silent_drifter/?action=view&current=P2280345.jpg

genius

silent drifter
1st March 2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by silent drifter
you get the picture http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=P2280345.jpg

genius

you want one for your car? i have a load of steel and threded bar left over

when are we driving next?

letsgohunting
1st March 2009, 08:30 PM
you want one for your car? i have a load of steel and threded bar left over

when are we driving next?

This week whatever day you guys want. I'm tempted to come round and whack one up for mine - I have 2 video cameras here I can use.

Although if you'll remember I don't have rear grab rails - so it would have to be in the passenger front. I could possibly use a mount point on the rear parcel shelf though...

biggo
1st March 2009, 08:37 PM
this ones for you henry

http://www.banpei.net/blog/hilarious-go-go-daijiro-inada

Anyway, saw daz on saturday, got a few more bits for the shit heap. Got the door done, bonnet will stay primer with a lil clear. Umm yair i moved it up the back undercover now so i can sand and bog in peace. Hopefully have it painted and together by the end of the month.

Now im broke hahaha

silent drifter
1st March 2009, 09:02 PM
yo gav mine can bolt up to any grab rail in my car i just put mine in the back so you cant see it through the tint.

hey nick i edited a vidio of the 180 in the hills the driving was nothing special but the camera worked very well at night.

Poobrown86
1st March 2009, 11:21 PM
Nick, i've got all that, only problem is getting too the lines. the cars pretty much sitting on the floor pan, no diff and shit.. i'll take some pictures for u to assess tomorrow :)

biggo
2nd March 2009, 07:12 AM
ahh cool. You guys are great. Ive got richie down brissie way helping me out too. Plus i gotta get up to gympie soon for a wreckers run.

Id say we just pick the shell up hahaha.

driftke70
2nd March 2009, 12:29 PM
picking up a car this arvo

biggo
10th March 2009, 07:21 AM
So whats doing?

Henry, have you gone back to work yet? Drive this week? Im going to try and smash thru this 86 this weekend, shouldnt be too much i reckon.

New car is the bombdiggity, shes under cover for the first time in like 2 years, just cant open the damn passenger door to undo the front guard.

driftke70
10th March 2009, 01:06 PM
hehe, good to see that car in some hands that will get it done,

rona is a bit funny in the front end, i couldnt fit decent shocks in the strut tubes, so running low stiff with soggy shocks, not good for much, will end up putting s13 gear in the front soonish. Then ill fit a 3sgte in there in a couple of months and itll be my hills rig. Still plotting away with the cororra

biggo
15th March 2009, 06:20 AM
So it looks like the shitbox 86 was good for something, learning how to fix rust!

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7735/nick1580.jpg (http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nick1580.jpg)
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6800/nick1582.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nick1582.jpg)

that should do it till i paint it. Might get started in the engine bay.

Beal- i really wanna see if the rona boot is big enough to fit the rina. I cant be arsed reskining the lid.

seek
15th March 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi guys, has anyone here got a spare borgy diff lying around?

driftke70
15th March 2009, 02:21 PM
it finally let go seek?

biggo your welcome any time manwell, rust repair looks poifect,
my rona is going alright, but i really need silvia gear in the front, the geometry
up there is sorta wack, but i feel that s13/14 gear will fit nice in there, i need to
speak to ben.

seek
15th March 2009, 02:38 PM
ill drive it until its in a hundred peices, but currently it sounds like a bucket full of sand is also inside there.

was coasting into my road after a drive with henry and his ocean liner, and with the engine quiet all i hear is SSSSSHSHS SH(crink) SHSSSSHSHSHSH (clink) sSHSHSHS (crunk) SHSHSHSHHHH

biggo
15th March 2009, 06:30 PM
drain you oil first, i find it amazing how many people dont service the diff and box. I know my oil goes black after like 12000kms lol. but atleast its honey!

silent drifter
15th March 2009, 07:19 PM
nice job on the boot dude should have shown the massive hole it was

thanks Daz

silent drifter
23rd March 2009, 01:25 PM
so i fly back to work on friday so im keen to drive this week who is keen?

driftke70
23rd March 2009, 01:55 PM
i might be, still no rona action as i still want to sort out the front end, but hilux will do

biggo
23rd March 2009, 07:30 PM
maybe, been having serious thoughts about the gte, and seeing that i still havent fixed the 20v yet its looking heaps more atractive.

gonna have a shitty next few months tho, so many bills coming in is ghey.

silent drifter
23rd March 2009, 08:36 PM
just paid greenline for a cusco 1.5 way and got prices on a kazama f1 manafold and a hks t04z

letsgohunting
23rd March 2009, 08:37 PM
I got no money haha.

driftke70
24th March 2009, 01:57 AM
money money money,

i is got none either, but new business venture will hopefully get of the ground in the next 2 weeks.

biggo
24th March 2009, 07:14 AM
say what?

ive got a holiday next week, gonna have a go at smashing thru the 86.

silent drifter
24th March 2009, 08:06 AM
I got no money haha.

gav no money?

mx5?

driftke70
24th March 2009, 12:59 PM
i should bring the mx5

letsgohunting
24th March 2009, 05:28 PM
gav no money?

mx5?

At this point probably not.... But not saying no just yet. Just no money hehe.

biggo
24th March 2009, 07:49 PM
did i miss something??

been meaning to get a videyo too, maybe next week :)

biggo
27th March 2009, 07:36 AM
so this dude turned up at work yesterday, www.weldaway.com (http://www.weldaway.com)

Some good stuff he has.

Got a week off next week, might have to borrow the workshop to do some stuff to the gte. Might try sort out a mod plate too. Started bogging the roof of teh 86 as well, so funny!

driftke70
27th March 2009, 12:45 PM
im on uni holidays soon, im going to try and churn that beige thing out in the garage.

scott_22
27th March 2009, 09:11 PM
anyone driving tonight?

scott_22
28th March 2009, 01:41 AM
or saturday?

letsgohunting
28th March 2009, 06:38 PM
I have tonsillitis. Fun times.

scott_22
28th March 2009, 06:50 PM
ouch!!!!

biggo
29th March 2009, 06:23 AM
haha, we had the mean as flu getting around work last week. It was terrible so i gave up smokes for a week and bam! i feel fair dinkum now.

letsgohunting
29th March 2009, 08:55 AM
I love antibiotics and ibuprofen/codiene. Fucker was painful up until I got me drugs.

driftke70
29th March 2009, 01:23 PM
next time you will need more.

scott_22
29th March 2009, 02:34 PM
just have a billy next time. good for the sinuses.

biggo
3rd April 2009, 08:46 PM
So when old mate asked me why the gte wasnt on the raod i got a lil tounge tied. But its all good now, cos i got serious and shes modplated now. Diff is making funny noises nos but meh, ill get a roady and hit up nambour. cant wait!

Need to fucking offload the shitbox 86 asap too. I hate the dam thing.

driftke70
4th April 2009, 02:35 AM
my brother has been eyeing off your 86 a little bit, he is chasing a stocker but, he is going to build a neat as grip based beams 86

biggo
4th April 2009, 07:15 AM
ahh tell him he can have it. its the biggest shitbox and i have treated it as such. Ill stick to my 4 doors from now on, lesson learnt.

biggo
12th April 2009, 08:32 PM
Tell me i wasnt the only one out in this beautiful weather

Had a longish drive thismorning, and fair dinkum i didnt know palmy was so dangerous. I guess it helps being dark and all.

Put some 185/55's on the front, i love it even more now that im getting the heebie jeebies. Yair thinking of a nice cam for the exhaust.

Cant wait for old mate to get back and put the limo in the chaser, the coast wont know whats hit them.

scott_22
12th April 2009, 08:54 PM
weather was fun to say the least

letsgohunting
13th April 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah palmwoods is fucking patchy when it's wet. Just before henry left, me him and wes went for a drive up there in similar weather and I had 2 close calls in the one palmwoods run. Spent the whole 5 or so minutes just snaking around under anything that resembles light throttle.

scott_22
14th April 2009, 02:26 PM
i just stick to round abouts cant link yet :( need some tutoring

biggo
14th April 2009, 07:59 PM
ahh main street in yandy up near the school is so win. Wish my car wasnt so loud tho. Stupid quads

scott_22
15th April 2009, 12:00 AM
round about = fail

driftke70
16th April 2009, 02:49 PM
easy way to learn to link is find two round abouts close together, i use to be able to go to nambour, go around one, link under the bridge and around the next and so on, then after a while when your picking up speed and your tyres are fucked just pin it up the up ramp and slide as far as you can up there.

scott_22
16th April 2009, 03:15 PM
you still got my number? next time you go dancing. message me. so i can come be co pilot and take notes....please? trying to learn as much as i can before archy. anyone else that can help me...that would be great.

seek
16th April 2009, 04:23 PM
best way to learn man is by yourself, in your own car... i reckon anyway.

go find three or four nice large corners with dirt runoffs, and start with all the basics. just keep doing the same corners until your happy with yourself, then try some others...it works well and is hella fun, plus no one is around to be worried about damaging someone elses car or whatnot

scott_22
17th April 2009, 12:41 AM
i see. i am getting bored with the round abouts thats all. i can just sit and go round and round and round no trouble at all and sorta munj a bit off up the road. just not to confident.

gumbie
17th April 2009, 06:44 AM
easy way to learn to link is find two round abouts close together, i use to be able to go to nambour, go around one, link under the bridge and around the next and so on, then after a while when your picking up speed and your tyres are fucked just pin it up the up ramp and slide as far as you can up there.

Crushers round abouts :D, me and my mates hit them alot.. they are pretty fun lol.. Scott, i'll get you to come out with us on the weekend sometime, and you can jump in Bobo's car :)

scott_22
17th April 2009, 08:06 AM
fuck yeah. busy tonight but will be free like late night. in brisbane saturday night.
maybe next weekend

silent drifter
17th April 2009, 09:34 AM
scott it aint that hard just gett out there and have fun it dose not matter if you cant do what someone else dose aslong as you have fun.

letsgohunting
17th April 2009, 03:10 PM
Do a bit of actual driving practice, not just drifting. If you can drive fast and consistent, you will be a much better drifter. Practice lines, and getting a feel for the car on the limit. Learn how to make the car squirm around underneath you to influence over or understeer.

biggo
17th April 2009, 09:51 PM
ahh forgot to say i downgraded to 185/55's on the front

far better than than 195/50s if you ask me, its an all round win imo, i now run 30/32 psi in the front cant fault it :)

gav im sorry to say i now have a rice pipe hahahaha, stupid 4 link bolt grabbed the old zorst and ripped all the mounts offf :( and then the o2 sensor fell out for the double whammy.

i like beer btw

scott_22
18th April 2009, 01:04 AM
dont care what other people do. just want some pointers. dont wanna go try and then write off my car. thats all. ill just go find some road when its wet. see what i can do

letsgohunting
18th April 2009, 01:08 AM
ahh forgot to say i downgraded to 185/55's on the front

far better than than 195/50s if you ask me, its an all round win imo, i now run 30/32 psi in the front cant fault it :)

gav im sorry to say i now have a rice pipe hahahaha, stupid 4 link bolt grabbed the old zorst and ripped all the mounts offf :( and then the o2 sensor fell out for the double whammy.

i like beer btw

When are we going to go for another drive wang?

biggo
18th April 2009, 07:22 AM
i reckon soon hey, 20v has a hole in the radiator so that needs to be fixed and im hoping to have the gte on the road before henry gets back.

silent drifter
18th April 2009, 07:33 AM
yo fellas i had a bit of a spill at work the other day. long story short been in hospital since friday and should get out buy sunday straight on a plane and flying home wont be able to drive for quite some time i am evan thinking about taking the jzx back to auto or maybe even sell it to buy an auto so i can drive

biggo
18th April 2009, 07:39 AM
hey???

I dont like the sound of that, what happened?

silent drifter
18th April 2009, 07:49 AM
was getting out of the dozer i was sitting on for the day and fell and fucked my knee will call you later and let you know more the surgon came and looked at it yesterday and said he did not know what he was going to do with it but its going to be around a year for me to get over it

biggo
18th April 2009, 07:52 AM
that fucking bad? geez now i feel sorry for ya.

depending on when you get back, i can put the auto in for ya fair easy.

silent drifter
18th April 2009, 07:59 AM
yeah dude its bull shit i am waiting for the surgon to come around this morning and let me know if he is going to opearte on the inside of my knee now or later the one thing i do know is i have to get the ligement on the out side of my knee compleatly reconstructed in the next 6 months

biggo
18th April 2009, 08:03 AM
thats pretty heavy, dad had 2 knee reconstructions like 4 years ago from motor bike acco's and he said its never been the same, hofully they get you back in tip top shape tho.

still, work cover for a month isnt it?

silent drifter
18th April 2009, 08:07 AM
i dont know what the go is dude.

when i get home i will pay with bear and good times if you want to give me a hand pulling my diff out dude

biggo
18th April 2009, 08:10 AM
anytime man, we gotta give daz some motivation for the celica too, the 7a is loong pretty sad in that crate, i should go save it hey.

But yair diff shouldnt be a biggy

scott_22
18th April 2009, 12:08 PM
holy shit henry. thats physco. if you need help with anything let me know.

driftke70
18th April 2009, 06:42 PM
bummer man, you have had a pretty bad run with knees and ankles and shit lately.

ahh well, auto plus more power = one gear fun
let us know if you need a hand with anything

letsgohunting
18th April 2009, 07:18 PM
WTF dude thats unfortunate. Buy an old POS auto car to drive around in in the meantime. Need any help call me. I got no credit so you may have to call at least a few times.

biggo
19th April 2009, 06:19 AM
hah, i droped my fone in a puddle so you might had to msg a few times too.

finally got rid of the 86, threw a heap of shit in it to hahahahaha, more room for the rina yay!

dr1ft-pig
19th April 2009, 11:41 AM
indeed u did, we didnt lose any plastics at all on the way home hahahah

cheers for the beers too ;)

biggo
20th April 2009, 07:29 AM
so after yesterdays beers i wnet for a drive last night, RBT said 0.00 BAC which was interesting for me.

Anyway, did the top 2 corners of nambour, there is no way a 4age will link that place, 3rd just doesnt want to do it unless you have like a 4.77 final drive.

Came home on the highway, 10 seconds after one of them newer pulsars flew past me, fucking bang! smoke and lights were going everywhere. Apparently he swerved to advoid a rock........ anyway they were all ok, was pretty violent watching it like 40m ahead tho.

So yair my name i biggo and that is my story.

driftke70
20th April 2009, 10:46 AM
pretty gnarly, saw a dumb bitch in a dihatshu pull out in front of a car near maccas the other day straight into an excel at who was at around 80, all the chicks got out and where screaming and swearing for like 4 hours.

scott_22
20th April 2009, 01:20 PM
sunny coast sluts. trashier mouths than 50 year old tradie. oh the class

letsgohunting
20th April 2009, 04:57 PM
Anyway, did the top 2 corners of nambour, there is no way a 4age will link that place, 3rd just doesnt want to do it unless you have like a 4.77 final drive.

I agree. Unless you're ueo, it's seriously impossible to link nambour hill with a 4age.

driftke70
20th April 2009, 05:16 PM
my 4a could barely keep the revs up in 2nd around one or two, third was no go at all.

mmmmmmm 3s.......

silent drifter
20th April 2009, 09:42 PM
140kw is all you need in a 180 power to weight ratio of a 86 compered to a 180 you will need a lot less so it would not be that far out of reach maybe quads and cams?

biggo
21st April 2009, 06:53 AM
i still say 4.77

Found a heap of cool sites to buy shit off in the autoaction mag. If only i could find out what sizes and offsets rebel wheels come in.

silent drifter
21st April 2009, 07:29 AM
yeah 4.77 and the wheel base would not help either

letsgohunting
21st April 2009, 06:30 PM
Oi henry

-> www.speedhunters.com
-> videos
-> enjoy.

biggo
21st April 2009, 06:50 PM
yair and get on the blog roll, some are pretty good.

Theres a site called buildthreads.com or something, some pretty fascinating shit on it too.

biggo
21st April 2009, 07:48 PM
oh look my cars on fire!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/289/nick1642.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nick1642.jpg)

scott_22
21st April 2009, 09:24 PM
how'd you make your bumpers like that dude? you cut them?

biggo
22nd April 2009, 07:22 AM
they catch on fire and shrink, infact if you look close enough you can see them getting even smaller

scott_22
22nd April 2009, 01:41 PM
ha...

gumbie
22nd April 2009, 07:07 PM
Anyone know were to get rims redrilled?

silent drifter
22nd April 2009, 07:24 PM
thanks for that gav and thanks for taking the jzx for a spin and blowing the dust of.

anyone going out some time soon i need to get out of the house

biggo
22nd April 2009, 07:54 PM
i get out a bit by myself now, feet get itchy every few days for some reason. Need new tyres tho, so im gonna have to budget around a few things.

whats everyone planning for the weekend?

might have a go at putting the interior in the rina, hopefully it will be a cheap weekend

scott_22
22nd April 2009, 08:58 PM
i have no interior atm aswell. so i feel your pain.

silent drifter
23rd April 2009, 08:28 AM
if someone can get me there nick i will be wont be much use except for keeping the drinks cold

driftke70
23rd April 2009, 10:24 AM
im heading up to noosa on the weekend, might be able to stop in on the way there and back and drop henry off, thats if your up that way, if your in yandina i could just head round with henry.

biggo
23rd April 2009, 07:49 PM
ill be in yandy

ill also have beers :)

scott_22
23rd April 2009, 08:34 PM
should have enough cash next week biggo. if i get some sigmas can you help me put them in when we do the shocks. for extra beers of corse?

biggo
24th April 2009, 07:39 AM
yair i can do that no worries

letsgohunting
26th April 2009, 02:37 AM
I want an RB.

scott_22
26th April 2009, 02:04 PM
yummmm

biggo
26th April 2009, 05:53 PM
i want a nissan so i can be as cool as you gav!

just kidding, someone buy my 71 so i can finish the rina.

Also, i had a brainwave today whilst mowing the horse paddock. Why do kents says there is no replacement for displacement? I mean take a beams 3s for example, 210hp at the fly from a 2lt compared to some of these newer small blocks. 1hp per a cubic inch! thats piss poor imo. Why do they still say such dribble then?

And another thing, i was showing the boys at work on friday my carina, well pics of it anyway. Theres a collection that john put in there of different rinas and one happened to be a mild bozo red one, so low it would kill cats with a bozo cooler and air horns. Grubby just could understand it, saying it was gay and a peice of shit. Boy did that get me started...... probably blew hes head off a bit to much but far out some people dont understand car styles.

I like moose beer

driftke70
26th April 2009, 08:17 PM
i hear ya,

theres that middle crowd between commodores and full race drivers, where people have got such selective appreciation, like the pick and choose at random who they will listen to, what information they will like etc, they do not make a whole lot of sense.

On a side note i dont think you will have a very hard time at all trying to get rid of the 71,

and gav you dont need an rb, you need oil cooler, and more boost.

biggo
26th April 2009, 08:22 PM
Gav just needs bigger balls, like bigger than my head size hehe

Been thinking about the 71, i could rip the w box out put a t50 in and knock off the t sereis diff and whack the locked s diff in. THat would make the 71 like $6k cheap with more than enough power to break the box and diff. Might just leave it up for aonther few weeks and see what happens.

Still gotta get over her tho, theres nothing ive ever been in thats quite the same, its oh so agro no mater how easy you take it.

letsgohunting
27th April 2009, 02:38 AM
and gav you dont need an rb, you need oil cooler, and more boost.

Oil temps are fine - I run pretty much the best oil you can buy and it isn't degrading over the 5000km change intervals so oil temps aren't an issue.

More boost - ehh there's nothing really wrong with the power it makes - just how it makes it. Bryce just got his series 2 r33 non turbo. His and my car are nearly equal in 1st and 2nd, my car only really pulls away in 3rd. The rb25de sooo nice to drive.

If I had a money tree I would do a seasonal harvest and put an rb25det into the s14. Straight away.