PDA

View Full Version : yo

coskun
17th May 2012, 06:44 PM
Whats up guys this is my first post im 18 from perth.
Drive a 1983 trueno, 4age.
Recently stickered ( By recently i mean 2 months ago ) for bald tyres
need 4age mod permit and sticker will come off -.-
was gunna sell up. but have never driven a car like the 86 its like a extremely powerful go kart. fun to drive lot of work to maintain
Had a big apiphany today decided no longer selling and to start my dream build, but first must get get road worthy.
Sorry about poor grammer. been at uni all day just dont care.
any tips or advice for the car or me will be much appreciated.
cheers.

When the cars back on the road got some plans for it;
Coilovers are waiting to go in.
Full spray job ( polar white )
4agze engine change ( take super off and turbo on )
Rota grid v's
and lots more
gunna be a life long project.

96sonataBro
17th May 2012, 06:52 PM
cool, sounds like its going to be lethal once its finished. I'm about 1/2 way into my dream build (going a lot faster now i got fired lol), all i have to do is rebuild the lsd and pinion gear, finish porting the head and buy some seats haha. pm me if you have any questions and i might be able to help :)

96sonataBro
17th May 2012, 06:53 PM
oh and welcome to ae86dc, other useful toyota forums are hachiroku.net rollaclub.com club4ag.com

Beserker99
17th May 2012, 08:45 PM
Welcome!
So is the engine registered with the car? Cus the 4age should be a-ok to pass pits without permits.
Just refurbish up the running gear and suspension first then it'll be fun to drive.

coskun
18th May 2012, 02:59 AM
Um cheers for all the help guys really helping me out. Um nah
the car was converted but never registered with the engine so i got a big stuff around -.-

H8CHIR6KU
19th May 2012, 01:07 AM
shouldnt be too hard. just change the engine number.
both 4a engines so should be straight forward.

progkamol
21st May 2012, 07:06 PM
When the car is unlicensed (which I guess urs would be now, otherwise, return the plates so it is officially unlicensed) ... take the car to the pit, pay n book first if you can, fill up a Certificate of inspection form (MR1 form) with your details etc and the current engine number (your 4AGE) ... hand the form in, pay the new rego fee, and you will automatically register that car with the new engine =) ... works for me and many of my customers ... I'll be happy to help out if you need a hand, just PM me =)