PDA

View Full Version : My ae71 track car

GrumpyRacing
28th May 2012, 10:16 PM
I decided to make a thread about my 71 now it actually drives

I bought this about 2 years ago to build into a drifter, was an auto with a 4ac.
So i pulled ut the engine and auto.
And then started planing a 4age conversion. At the time my funds were pretty low so basically not much happened till this year.

So i replaced all the rear bushes, added a whiteline swaybar and a AJPS adjustable pan hard.
Then i got a second rack and put a lock spacer in it and installed some ta22 lca's that had been extended about 25mm

I then waited a looooong time before touching the car again.

So the story goes i entered a hillclimb practise day and i had 4 weeks before the event and decided maybe i could get the car going.

So began the crazy 4 weeks.
I'm not gonna list the issues i had but just a dot point version of what i did in the 4 weeks while still working an 40 hour week.

Take 4age with spun bearing, remove crank and bearings, replace all bearings, replaced crank, re did all timing and all fluids and gaskets.
Install gear box
Finish ke70 clutch pedal conversion to hydrolic
Install new clutch master and slave
Install rack with lock spacer,
Install front sway bar
Install 4age
Install custom tail shaft, took a t50 front from and s series tail shaft and had it fitted to a ae71 auto tailshaft, then balanced
Installed all brake lines and bleed system without a handbrake in the car the drums had to be adjusted manually.
Removed all interior from the car dash and all.
Removed all wiring looms from the car,
Installed surge tank, high pressure pump, lift pump and reinstalled standard tank
Made fuel lines front and rear
Installed ae82 engine loom
Installed ecu, wired in the ecu so it would all work.
Made a switch panel for starter and ingnition,
Installed kill switch
Put battery in the boot

Installed radiator and made mount for the thermo fan
Installed both front seats with custom made mounts
Installed race harnesses
Made alloy cover for the rear pacelshelf and rear seat back wall
Installed new wheels
Sent of for exhaust with side pipe.

Thats all i can think of for now. There was heaps and i had help from a couple of people that made the job alot easier

Any pictures will show you more.