PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy on crack?

AE86 Spoontah
5th June 2012, 08:30 PM
Wanted to share this with you fellas and vent my anger.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars/1983-toyota-corolla-sedan/1002831425

What constitutes this price is beyond me. Its still an old corolla and its not even manual.
Offered him $1000 but no reply yet haha. You still need all the manual stuff which would also fetch crack price.

You can almost buy an 86 for that price.

That is all.

McLEVIN
5th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Page is deleted brah

AE86 Spoontah
5th June 2012, 11:39 PM
First post fixed

Beserker99
5th June 2012, 11:59 PM
Nah man, it's a drift car maaate! Drift tax to he max O_o

Matt
6th June 2012, 06:24 AM
Look at the condition of the car... I challenge you to find one for sale in that condition with the same KMS. It isn't my car, but to be honest I'd expect it to sell for around $3500.

Given the logic that no one pays your asking price, i don't have an issue with what he is asking for. Had he have put up 7k or so then you'd have a right to complain.

It is probably a good thing this is for sale, if you want to build a drift car buy one that is already a beater, not turn a well looked after car into one.

AE86 Spoontah
6th June 2012, 09:16 AM
Look at the condition of the car... I challenge you to find one for sale in that condition with the same KMS. It isn't my car, but to be honest I'd expect it to sell for around $3500.

Given the logic that no one pays your asking price, i don't have an issue with what he is asking for. Had he have put up 7k or so then you'd have a right to complain.

It is probably a good thing this is for sale, if you want to build a drift car buy one that is already a beater, not turn a well looked after car into one.

I picked up my first E7 for $1500 which had slight rust, was manual and 160,00km on it. So it only had about 2 more years worth of k's on it.
I picked my second E7 for $1200 with suspension gear in it, also manual, bucket seat, wheel, but had 200,000 on it.
Whos cares about the condition if it's a "drift car". It is still a 1983 Corolla and the condition of it doesn't warrant an extra $3000
Notice he doesnt mention anything about rust as i guarantee it has rust in it
It has an oil leak form the rocker cover
It's auto so you will need to find the manual parts and i reckon you would be struggling to find a manual AE71 pedal box assembly not to mention a T-50.
Add another $500 on top to do this, so the grand total to make it into a stock manual AE71 has now hit $5000.

Matt
6th June 2012, 09:49 AM
I think you missed the point i was making and got caught up in the "drift" word being mentioned. Regardless of the intended purpose of the car, condition does come into it. Slightly overpriced, but doesn't deserve more than a "oh well i won't call him" reaction.

But my challenge stands, find me a car cheaper in the same condition with the same kms.

AE86 Spoontah
6th June 2012, 12:21 PM
In his for sale ad it says would suit drift car project. Sooo if you are going to buy it for that purpose, which most people who would be interested in buying it would, you have to make it manual. An auto 4age isn't going to drift.

mm.mitch
6th June 2012, 10:24 PM
something is worth what ever a buyer is willing to pay. If you dont want to pay what hes asking then move on, really doesnt warrent a thread.

96sonataBro
6th June 2012, 10:37 PM
what do you think that car will be worth in 5yrs in that condition, probably a lot more than 3.5

Matt
7th June 2012, 06:42 AM
Find another in that condition for the 1000 you think it is worth with rego and i'll happily give you double