PDA

View Full Version : Who has ordered a 2012 86?????

Matt
7th June 2012, 07:07 AM
Post here if you ordered one the following information....

Model:
Colour:
Transmission:
Expected Delivery:
Payment Method: Cash / Finance / Lease etc.
Factory Extras:
Planned Mods:
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members:

McLEVIN
7th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Model: gts
Colour: silver
Transmission: manual
Expected Delivery: July-sept
Payment Method: Financed.
Factory Extras: usual gts specs
Planned Mods: velo seats, wheels, exhaust,
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: havnt driven one yet. Don't think ill need to.

Matt
7th June 2012, 07:35 PM
Model: gts
Colour: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Expected Delivery: TBA
Payment Method: Novated Lease
Planned Mods: NFI
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: TBA

meadan
7th June 2012, 07:40 PM
you finally ordered one matt??

Matt
7th June 2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah but Lease Plan are jerks to deal with....

Nikkojoe
7th June 2012, 08:27 PM
Model: GTS
Colour: White
Expected Delivery: November/December
Payment Method: Cash + Car
Planned Mods: lowered/springs+shocks (not too harsh), wheels, trd spoiler, minor bolt ons
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Not yet, sometime after 18th most likely (dealer will call me to organise test drive).

jonbatz01
8th June 2012, 09:38 PM
Model: GT
Expected Delivery: July Hopefully
Payment Method: Finance if not cash
Planned Mods: coilovers and wheels
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Not yet, sometime after 18th most likely.

Nikkojoe
8th June 2012, 11:54 PM
July aye? Which dealer did you end up going through Joe?

ae8zn6
9th June 2012, 12:16 AM
Colour is the main thing holding me back... Can't make up my mind (plus have a test drive scheduled for the 18th)

Here is what I will order so far:
Colour: your guess is as good as mine
Transmission: M/T (seriously is this even worth asking here?)
Expected Delivery: ASAP
Payment Method: Cash / Finance / Lease etc.: Novated Lease
Factory Extras: Mech diff pending price
Planned Mods: maybe exhaust and wheels... maybe
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: TBA

jonbatz01
9th June 2012, 12:29 AM
July aye? Which dealer did you end up going through Joe?

Morley, will be discussing the price again with them tho...

still looking for pictures of the interior of the GT as well, are the seats basically the same support just different in material?

Nikkojoe
9th June 2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah the gt and gts seats are the same, just the different trim on them.

FoldKing86
9th June 2012, 07:07 PM
Transmission: M/T
Expected Delivery: As long as it takes i guess.
Payment Method: Cash / Finance / Lease etc. Cash more then likely unless i can see a reason finance will be a better option.
Factory Extras: Maybe tint, but depends what extras are avail.
Planned Mods: Works Wheels, Toyo R1R (or similar) Tyres, Tint, Seat Covers, Coilovers, ECU and Exhaust once i review all options.
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Nothing yet other then im waiting till i lay my own eyes on it and judge from there. Im not expecting acres of room but it needs to be practical for my situation.

Nikkojoe
11th June 2012, 03:58 PM
Placed my order today at galleria. Looks like about 6months wait :D..... now to sell my car

jonbatz01
11th June 2012, 04:30 PM
Placed my order today at galleria. Looks like about 6months wait :D..... now to sell my car

Woohoo! was it Pauline that helped you? She called today to let me know my GT should be in mid July, and about 2 weeks to get paper work sorted etc etc...should be end July drive away....woo hooo

Nikkojoe
11th June 2012, 09:22 PM
Nar I got Andrew. Wonder if Pauline would have been better...

But yeah GT's seem easier to get, I think they are too cheap and people dont want them now lol. If the rumours that they are bringing an equal split of each spec in is true then they might have to change it to more gts manuals....

wideslider
11th June 2012, 09:30 PM
Color: White
Expected Delivery: 18th of June
Factory Extras: nil
Planned Mods: Xforce Exhaust, Haltech Platinum Pro, Rear Sway Bar, Wheels and possible Capa Supercharger Kit!
Test Driven: I'm lucky enough to have driven them in anger and had one parked in my driveway.

Matt
12th June 2012, 07:05 PM
Have you sussed out the wiring diag of the new engine...

Gonna take a bit of effort to get a haltech to run this one.

wideslider
13th June 2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah Matt, I had one out there today. It made 109.5 in stock form. I drop my car to them next week for them to work on for 3 weeks.

Gunner
14th June 2012, 07:25 AM
Im soo fucking jelly :( I dont get to play with one for ages :( (looks at Matt)

Nikkojoe
14th June 2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah Matt, I had one out there today. It made 109.5 in stock form. I drop my car to them next week for them to work on for 3 weeks.

It would be pretty interesting to see the gains with just a tune. I know they make a few hp more with just a bolt on intake pipe+ a pod with no tune. I wonder if it's possible to do an Otr intake with a virtually straight intake pipe (will find out when I look at it next week).

slowKeto
14th June 2012, 09:06 PM
Subaru claims BRZ STI 180kw @ flywheel

still non turbo :O

Also; subaru are not allowed to sell any BRZ's for 13months because thats thr arrangement toyota have with them.

Gunner
14th June 2012, 09:34 PM
Whered you here that? Supposedly the first batch is on its way as of this week, and I know 2 workshops and 1 individual who have purchased cars out of that batch.

slowKeto
14th June 2012, 09:45 PM
Whered you here that? Supposedly the first batch is on its way as of this week, and I know 2 workshops and 1 individual who have purchased cars out of that batch.

Subaru Castle Hill

Gunner
14th June 2012, 10:19 PM
Well another dealership has made calls notifying clients that the cars had left japan, inbound for Australia.

blake.
14th June 2012, 10:46 PM
My mate works as head of Subaru corporate sale for inchcape and has had a brz as a drive car for a weeks. They must be comming soon.

Dazzla86
15th June 2012, 12:30 AM
Expected Delivery: July Hopefully
Payment Method: Finance if not cash
Planned Mods: coilovers and wheels
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Not yet, sometime after 18th most likely.

are you going to vicegrip the rear guards??

ae8zn6
15th June 2012, 06:24 PM
Well I officially put in my order and paid my deposit today.

Blue GTS manual, not bothering with the diff as it would just add to the lead time.

quoccy
15th June 2012, 08:59 PM
Hey Ben,

Is that a confirmed date for delivery?
I got told early July...

Color: White
Expected Delivery: 18th of June
Factory Extras: nil
Planned Mods: Xforce Exhaust, Haltech Platinum Pro, Rear Sway Bar, Wheels and possible Capa Supercharger Kit!
Test Driven: I'm lucky enough to have driven them in anger and had one parked in my driveway.

Nikkojoe
16th June 2012, 01:50 PM
Dealer gets cars tomorrow, should test drive Tuesday. Can't wait!

Gunner
16th June 2012, 02:43 PM
Id be there tomorrow lol

Vance
17th June 2012, 11:28 AM
does anyone know if you can get the full trd kit as options on the car? been seriously considering buying one

Nikkojoe
17th June 2012, 12:17 PM
Toyota will probably announce something on trd availability next month according to a tmca rep, but for now there is a workshop apparently in nsw that will be selling trd shit.

Hi all, i said last week i would update you folks on the availability of TRD parts aftermarket.

I've now met the guy i was talking about last week and i should have a catalogue and pricing guide by the end of next week. These parts are not dealer supplied nor fitted so factory warranty will not apply to any non genuine supplied aftermarket part nor any other genuine parts potentially damaged by them.

Also, i found out that once you fit the full TRD kit - the rear bumper needs to be adjusted to fit the rear skirt - this is a permanent adjustment and cannot be turned back to factory standard without replacing the rear bumper.

More news next week.

Alternatively north shore Toyota in nz will probably be able to help you out too.

Vance
17th June 2012, 01:29 PM
yes I went to a dealership today and got the same kind of answer. could someone put up the pricing guide to get trd stuff aftermarket?

Nikkojoe
17th June 2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5463 - gives you an idea on stuff, but is for usa really.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=245216&postcount=38 - contact details for NST

As for the NSW source, have to wait till sometime this week for an update on that. It's a dealer going through another company which already have stuff comming in.

You can get it in some way, but the ease of getting it is mainly the issue. I have a feeling that within the next few months dealers could order trd options for you.

Vance
17th June 2012, 09:27 PM
I have a feeling that within the next few months dealers could order trd options for you.

thats what im waiting for. dont care if its 6 months from now. im not going to use it as a track car, just daily. is200 will do until then, and is200 will be traded in then anyway

rthy
18th June 2012, 06:29 PM
the toyota.com.au website updated, has the body kit option, kinda looks like that trd zz celica

Vance
18th June 2012, 07:56 PM
front lip extras, skirts are the same as trd, rear valance and wing are different. i would rather just get the front lip extras, skirts from toyota here, and import the rear valance and wing from japland and put it all on a gt.

nothing beats the trd ducktail

http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/TRD-Toyota-GT-86-9.jpg

AJPS
18th June 2012, 08:58 PM
soo hot

KePanelVan
18th June 2012, 09:50 PM
I dunno about the clear tail lights and as for color it would have to be white or "mt fuji red" mmmmm

Moebius
19th June 2012, 04:12 AM
Has anyone looked into insurance yet?

johl
19th June 2012, 07:14 AM
i know they sell some red lens cover film that a lot of people have put on the current model wrx to hide those ugly chrome tail lights. maybe do the same to this?
pic for reference
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/3/367363.jpg

Nikkojoe
19th June 2012, 11:31 AM
Has anyone looked into insurance yet?

Insurance is up on aami, just car, nrma/sgio, rac in some states. As an idea I got a quote of 900 for $40k agreed value

AJPS
19th June 2012, 12:38 PM
had a look touch feel play with a couple last night

pretty impressed

Moebius
20th June 2012, 03:40 AM
Insurance is up on aami, just car, nrma/sgio, rac in some states. As an idea I got a quote of 900 for $40k agreed value

Wow, so it is. I didn't even think to check, figured it wouldn't be up for a while.

Celica RA45
22nd June 2012, 08:43 PM
we were going to buy 1 ,but the boot is 2 small and my missus has said the seats are a pain to get in ,as she says this is a young guys car ,and she also said its bigger than her old ta22 gt but boot is smaller and no room in back seat

Matt
22nd June 2012, 10:55 PM
we were going to buy 1 ,but the boot is 2 small and my missus has said the seats are a pain to get in ,as she says this is a young guys car ,and she also said its bigger than her old ta22 gt but boot is smaller and no room in back seat

Personally i don't see that as a reason not to buy one.

The 86 is definately not a family car / one to take shopping... Though its a drivers / sporty car...

AJPS
23rd June 2012, 12:37 PM

the boot isnt too bad in my opinion

Celica RA45
23rd June 2012, 04:21 PM
but if you wont to go away overseas and leave car at the airport theres just not enough room for 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons .so we will stay with the mazda 6 hatch

Delazy
23rd June 2012, 04:27 PM
but if you wont to go away overseas and leave car at the airport theres just not enough room for 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons .so we will stay with the mazda 6 hatch

Personally I dnt think I'd do that...cab/bus/lift instead...so no worries...

Mazda 6 isn't a bad car anyways...

dove grey 64
24th June 2012, 08:20 AM
rear seats fold down and there is enough space for four full sized wheels and tyres, pretty much the same space as the original 86 with the seats folded down.

Vance
24th June 2012, 09:41 AM
^ very good call. lugging space is designed to be able to fit 4 17's with tires when the rear seats are down.

gg004
24th June 2012, 12:19 PM
test drove the new 86 yesterday and loved it. the sales man said id have a long wait to get one but apparantly toyota is not bringing many in

Nikkojoe
24th June 2012, 01:35 PM
I really want to see a white one in person but the only one I know of in wa is in katanning which funnily enough is 286km south of Perth...

Nfi why they needed one lol...

LukeKE11
24th June 2012, 05:55 PM
Is there any truth to this suggestion that they are only bringing roughly 3500 to aus?

Matt
24th June 2012, 06:05 PM
I doubt the numbers will stay like that... World wide I don't think Toyota estimated the success of this car.

There is allot of cars available around the country, you've just got to travel a little to get one and not be too set on a particular colour.

Nikkojoe
24th June 2012, 06:05 PM
1500 this year, 1800 next year and 1200 the year after. The last year is small because they are going to change to a facelift model midway

These figures were released some time ago and may increase slightly if tmca can successfully get more cars.

AJPS
24th June 2012, 06:16 PM
i seriously reckon they will sell them all pretty easy

LukeKE11
24th June 2012, 08:11 PM
Why would you spend so much on model development and then sell so little of them? yes I understand they sell in many markets

Matt
24th June 2012, 08:29 PM
They probably based those numbers on Aurion sales figures.... And surely they'd review them given the waiting periods being experienced.

Tally
25th June 2012, 12:20 AM
just a heads up guys, mate showed me a picture of a warehouse full of em in Adelaide so fair few already here waiting to go! He is a courier driver and was dropping things off and seen them all there

Also seen the red one at CMI West Terrace and a dark blue one pulling in around the back, looked tough from the rear!

McLEVIN
25th June 2012, 12:22 AM
well post it haha

Tally
25th June 2012, 12:26 AM
It was on his phone, imagine a gloomy warehouse full of 86's lol. He said he was like wtf jackpot when he seen them

johl
25th June 2012, 03:53 AM
i'l wait for a black limited.....

AJPS
25th June 2012, 01:10 PM
just a heads up guys, mate showed me a picture of a warehouse full of em in Adelaide so fair few already here waiting to go! He is a courier driver and was dropping things off and seen them all there

Also seen the red one at CMI West Terrace and a dark blue one pulling in around the back, looked tough from the rear!

post up the pic

as as for aurion sales figues - anyone who buys an aurion wont want an 86 and visa versa

ecko
25th June 2012, 01:21 PM
It there some sort of agreement between subaru and toyota on sales?
ive heard subaru wern't aloud to sell them in aus for 18months? Maybe thats why toyoya will limit sales to leave some sales for subaru?

Nikkojoe
25th June 2012, 01:25 PM
It there some sort of agreement between subaru and toyota on sales?
ive heard subaru wern't aloud to sell them in aus for 18months? Maybe thats why toyoya will limit sales to leave some sales for subaru?

Load of shit, guy in Perth has his brz waiting for delivery next month when it's officially released. Pricing will be released soon( July) but for now the website has been updated. Only 200brz are going to be sold this year

McLEVIN
25th June 2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txA9JDC9Ivs&feature=player_embedded#!

Dave
26th June 2012, 09:13 PM
Its official. Red 86 on west tce! My gf spotted it so i thought id check it for myself and i must say very nice car. Sat inside the car very snug somewhat similar to s2000 and mx5. Not much room in rear (the celicas had more room!) would suit old couple as wkend car or young enthusiast with only one passenger.

Vizz
26th June 2012, 09:56 PM
Colour: Mount Fuji Red, listed in dealer database as lightning red
Expected Delivery: At least a few months
Payment Method: 1/4 deposit, rest finance.
Factory Extras: Normal GTS features, probably go with dealer fitted rust protection and paint protection when it arrives.
Planned Mods: Coilovers, different wheels.
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Definitely take one for as spin. Exciting!

s13 james
26th June 2012, 10:46 PM
is anyone buying one planning to slide it haha?

McLEVIN
26th June 2012, 10:56 PM
Probs take it to matsuri or at least a private day

Frak
2nd July 2012, 07:52 PM
Went and had a look today, guy said about 8 month waiting list, so looks like I'll have to wait to next year. was nice to sit in, very low seating position, felt good, actually felt bigger inside than I thought it would. Overall I quite like. White GTS spec for me.

t-nol
2nd July 2012, 10:38 PM
Not enough head room for me with a helmet, same space as the AE86 with sunroof, helmet will hit. Convinced myself with help from wife of not getting one just yet..... then....
The bloody next door neighbour, like right next door, drives their new 86 home, now i have to fight the urge everyday......... BASTARDS !!!

Matt
3rd July 2012, 08:27 AM
If any genuine Sydney buyers are about to put down a deposit , shoot me a pm first and I will pass on some contact details of someone who will look after you.

t-nol
3rd July 2012, 08:12 PM
There's next to no options, and they aren't going to budge on the price, how could someone "look after you" ?
Have you got yours yet Matt?

Matt
3rd July 2012, 09:33 PM
Details will be revealed in good time... There are other ways to be looked after rather than just base pricing.

t-nol
5th July 2012, 10:24 AM
You know what Toyota should do, is offer a driving training day with these cars, to get to know your new toy in a controlled environment.

Matt
5th July 2012, 03:15 PM
As in a track day???

Vance
5th July 2012, 08:01 PM
i know they sell some red lens cover film that a lot of people have put on the current model wrx to hide those ugly chrome tail lights. maybe do the same to this?
pic for reference
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/3/367363.jpg

like this?

http://i.imgur.com/EAnJJ.jpg

much nicer eh?

Gunner
5th July 2012, 10:54 PM
Thats nice

McLEVIN
5th July 2012, 11:03 PM
Tnol do an advanced driving course.

t-nol
6th July 2012, 10:06 AM
I've done one thanks.
The pricing probably eliminates any chance of it, but imagine each boy wonder in his new 86 actually knowing the limits of it after the training course, FPV offer this training course with instructors and what not and it's a real hit, and helps the company's public image by educating new customers to fast street cars.

Matt
6th July 2012, 03:29 PM
That isnt a bad idea... I'll feed that back to my contact at Toyota, but having said that though the new 86 isn't exactly a power house car.

t-nol
7th July 2012, 12:29 PM
True, but you don't need too much power to get yourself into trouble, just too much ambition.

meadan
7th July 2012, 04:49 PM
By the looks of the toyota advertising, they are keen to sell it as a 'drivers car'. So it sounds like a decent idea.

VW, mercedes and alot of the other manufacturers do it already for people who buy their semi decent models...

sundee
17th July 2012, 12:40 AM
Spotted one today, black down at picton ( local shops ) it's in the sticks. Anyone on here own it?

NIZLAH
17th July 2012, 05:44 PM
see plenty of these rolling through work getting compliance plates and extras fitted.. there's a shitload of them in the yard as well (Brisbane port)

GTVAE86
20th July 2012, 12:10 PM
At Toyota here in Adelaide on West Terrace, the sales person said that the waiting time for the car has gone from 3 months up to and over 18 months in some places.

I am definately itching to put money down, but having to wait more than a year is making me hold on and see what happens. Wish I put a deposit earlier now it will just be frustrating.

ae8zn6
20th July 2012, 01:59 PM
There will probs be second hand cars available before 18 months rolls around :S

Tally
20th July 2012, 02:07 PM
man id just wait and buy second hand or wait for updated model when it comes out...

Matt
20th July 2012, 07:31 PM
Rumours out there that Toyota are dropping the spare tyre and cargo mat and replacing with a tyre repair kit...

Pretty silly idea if you ask me.

Az86
8th August 2012, 09:41 PM
was driving in the brisbane valley the other night and came across this new ft 86 sexy as shit!
i want!!! hah26533DROOOLL26533

AJPS
8th August 2012, 10:01 PM
was driving in the brisbane valley the other night and came across this new ft 86 sexy as shit!
i want!!! hah26533DROOOLL26533

BC and rota and chrome tints

johl
8th August 2012, 11:31 PM
bc, rota, chrome.... sounds like option 1's 86?

Matt
8th August 2012, 11:41 PM
Most likely... i got a call today, my car won't be ready this month.. hmmmm sounds like the august date I was promised was just to get me to put pen to paper and take up the lease..

Not much point in getting upset about it, as its not like they can push a 24x7 factory any harder...

McLEVIN
9th August 2012, 12:00 AM
Think I'm gonna give up on owning one. I really have mo love for it. Unless I can convince my dealer to take it to the hills.
I want another ae86.

I wonder if I can sell my spot in the pre order?

Nikkojoe
9th August 2012, 01:58 AM
Well my dealer contacted me over the weekend to tell me that i'm still expecting December delivery of mine. Contacted me today about a white one that just came in to look at so it might be a good excuse for another test drive :P

AJPS
9th August 2012, 01:28 PM
Think I'm gonna give up on owning one. I really have mo love for it. Unless I can convince my dealer to take it to the hills.
I want another ae86.

I wonder if I can sell my spot in the pre order?

call him up and ask to take the demo through the hills

if youve paid at least a deposit he would be made not to keep you happy

and if you drive it in the hills you will be happy

Saikou
16th August 2012, 03:30 AM
another one in the waiting list =D

Transmission: Auto (coz I'm lazy and not allowed to drive manual legally, probably the only auto 86'12 here haha)
Expected Delivery: November sometime?
Payment Method: Finance
Factory Extras: Tinting? (cheaper then tint-a-car due to discounts), wishing for a full spare wheel though lol
Planned Mods: Really minimum. exhaust, either aMuse or HKS, new wheels is a definate (and maybe one day super charger?)
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Enjoyed the test drive, of the dealer's GT model, both manual and auto.

AJPS
17th August 2012, 12:01 AM
another one in the waiting list =D

Transmission: Auto (coz I'm lazy and not allowed to drive manual legally, probably the only auto 86'12 here haha)
Expected Delivery: November sometime?
Payment Method: Finance
Factory Extras: Tinting? (cheaper then tint-a-car due to discounts), wishing for a full spare wheel though lol
Planned Mods: Really minimum. exhaust, either aMuse or HKS, new wheels is a definate (and maybe one day super charger?)
Test Driven / Comments /Advice For Other Members: Enjoyed the test drive, of the dealer's GT model, both manual and auto.

Auto - seriously? Get your manual license

Saikou
17th August 2012, 02:21 AM
Auto - seriously? Get your manual license
haha, I know hey!! :embarassed:, just freak'n lazy as poop.

Vance
8th September 2012, 12:09 PM
ordered mine wednesday and jumped that 18 month waiting list like a boss. getting it on the 30th of october

Colour: Blue Transmission: Manual
Expected Delivery: 30th October
Payment Method: Partial Payment + Finance
Factory Extras: Tinting, paint protection, 6 year 200,000km warranty
Planned Mods: none while its still under the 3 year new car warranty.
after that: full trd bodykit, exhaust, coilovers, rear camber kit, front + rear strut braces, wide+dished 17's all round
after that: decompress + 1bar through a t4, bigger brakes

Matt
9th September 2012, 08:25 AM
Awesome.. Tell my leasing company your tricks as they can't get their shit together for me...

ae8zn6
10th September 2012, 06:19 AM
ordered mine wednesday and jumped that 18 month waiting list like a boss. getting it on the 30th of october

That's a little annoying... Hoping I get the blue GTS manual I ordered 3 months ago by then, but as the tracker doesn't have the car as in production yet I highly doubt it. Was supposed to receive mine at the end of this month but as I have clearly missed this build month I guess the best I can hope for is November :(

Nikkojoe
10th September 2012, 11:15 PM
I got updated that I'm first in line now at my dealer, with a now estimated build date of November. WA doesn't get tracking as we are run under another group seperate to TMCA.

Currently 150 outstanding GTS orders to be completed with the state receiving 4 per month. Approx 3 years wait :P

riojin - I assume your car is either built or getting built now? Good idea for no mods yet since there are still issues with the vvti on the motor!

AJPS
10th September 2012, 11:41 PM

Colour: Blue Transmission: Manual
Expected Delivery: 30th October
Payment Method: Partial Payment + Finance
Factory Extras: Tinting, paint protection, 6 year 200,000km warranty
Planned Mods: none while its still under the 3 year new car warranty.
after that: full trd bodykit, exhaust, coilovers, rear camber kit, front + rear strut braces, wide+dished 17's all round
after that: decompress + 1bar through a t4, bigger brakes

how did you jump the waiting?

Vance
11th September 2012, 12:47 AM
luck

i went into atoyota dealership near my mums and told them i wanted a white gts manual. they said 18 months minimum. they also told me that a guy from qld (dunno why he was ordering through a dealership in nsw 2hrs south of sydney) just had his finance refused 5mins before i spoke to him so his car was up for grabs. blue gts manual. salesman said he didnt want to bother calling someone who placed an order later that they would be getting it early and just gave it to me.

luck ftw

i didnt like the idea of blue to begin with but looking on google images i like blue more than white now.

car is being built in sept, ready for delivery for the end of october

AJPS
11th September 2012, 01:21 AM
luck

i went into atoyota dealership near my mums and told them i wanted a white gts manual. they said 18 months minimum. they also told me that a guy from qld (dunno why he was ordering through a dealership in nsw 2hrs south of sydney) just had his finance refused 5mins before i spoke to him so his car was up for grabs. blue gts manual. salesman said he didnt want to bother calling someone who placed an order later that they would be getting it early and just gave it to me.

luck ftw

i didnt like the idea of blue to begin with but looking on google images i like blue more than white now.

car is being built in sept, ready for delivery for the end of october

thats sick

seems like he kept trying dealers that didnt have an 18 month waiting list?

ae8zn6
11th September 2012, 10:52 AM
salesman said he didnt want to bother calling someone who placed an order later that they would be getting it early

more likely he knew that it would guarantee the sale to you! He already had the other person's money, lol. Well played sir, congratulations!

I must agree that the blue looks v nice, although I do wish we could have the Subaru blue without being turn cloaks...

Beck
18th September 2012, 03:31 PM
I've ordered mine on the weekend and like a chump am waiting the 12 months or whatever quite happily, knowing that this is the last year I'll be driving my Sprinter, so I plan on enjoying it.

McLEVIN
12th October 2012, 05:02 PM
Well my gts has arrived after 7months but I have sadly declined it basically being too financially risky in my current situation. Oh well some lucky bastard will get one sooner than he expected.

Matt
12th October 2012, 05:26 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo

dove grey 64
12th October 2012, 08:20 PM
Well my gts has arrived after 7months but I have sadly declined it basically being too financially risky in my current situation. Oh well some lucky bastard will get one sooner than he expected.

that sucks, but unlike our ae86's there are going to be heaps of 86's in the near future getting cheaper and probably better equipped. better looking after your finances

LukeKE11
14th October 2012, 09:44 PM
I test drove one properly through the hills this weekend. Just gotta work out what colour to order now. Wish I could see a white one in real life but there doesn't seem to be any in Adelaide

Matt
24th April 2013, 11:48 PM
Post up your pics of your Toyota gt86 on our 86 forum here...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/73100-The-BRZ-86-Picture-Gallery

AJPS
25th April 2013, 02:37 PM
I test drove one properly through the hills this weekend. Just gotta work out what colour to order now. Wish I could see a white one in real life but there doesn't seem to be any in Adelaide

there is a low one with wheels getting around

Jacobxxx
25th April 2013, 06:31 PM
White looks amazing