PDA

View Full Version : found this on my trailer

AIROCOBRA
16th June 2012, 01:55 PM
Was on my way back from Melbourne the other day --- thick fog for the 1st two hours on the road --- pulled over to have a coffee and bugger me if I didn't find this on my trailer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/364299.jpg

Matt
16th June 2012, 09:14 PM
Nice find...

AJPS
16th June 2012, 10:08 PM
specs? info? ideas? plans?

filfilfil
17th June 2012, 01:07 AM
Hope it was still there when you got home with just oki straps holding it on! ;-)
looks set for dirt fun....? You didn't have one of those in the collection list and needed to fill the gap?

dove grey 64
17th June 2012, 10:24 AM
that was on grays online right?

AIROCOBRA
17th June 2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah , grays online --- funny story !!!! I wanted the Grey AE86 one in SYD , much better car ( If new owner is on here let me know how good ) . Well never bid on Grays before ,this was up 1st so did a practice bid , then chased the grey car , I gave up at $3800 and it went for just under $5000. Then went back to see how much the yellow one went for --- bugger --- no one else bid , oh well was only coulpe of G . ( road trip to Melb ) Had some stuff to pick up from a mate anyhow.

I new it was rough !!! 4ac , front radiator support cracked , bit of panel damage , some misc Borg Warner rear end ( think it will be a bin job ) etc etc , cars had a hard life . But has a well built full cage , bilstein shocks, 6 point harness , race seats and no rust found yet ,in fact has had a full body respray. Also as I first approached the car noticed a few items inside the car that had not been listed .

10 - Aust std Race helmets
18 - h/d saftey cones ( witches hats )
1 - 2500 watt petrol generator + 8m of power cords

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH IT ??????????????
Not sure yet , but she still has good life left in her as a dirt race car , needs bit of TLC and an engine transplant ( found a healthy small port 4age with loom ,ECU and all plug ins very cheap while in Melb , so that may go in with a locked t series rear. Plenty of time to pussle on what to do . Can't get it in the shed till I finnish the Roadie rebuild and it is just a primer shell at present .
Plus Track car requires a bit more TLC before next event , son's roadie has an exhaust leak and just bought a 2nd hand 6x3 shed , so got to level some ground , put down a slab and rebuild it .
So yeah got a bit on , hardly enough time tp scratch my arse.

maxhag
19th June 2012, 02:30 AM
If these things just pop up on your trailer Bob, you should go on more drives...... :P