PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Mitsubishi Cordia

0-PSI
19th June 2012, 11:04 PM
Considering my first post was in the for sale section, here is an introduction to my Mitsubishi Cordia.

Long story short, this car has been in the family since the mid 90's. It was destined for the scrap heap after a front end accident & being off the road for 2 years too long.

It's now on the road again as my daily & slow restoration project.

Model: AB GSL

Colour: Polar White

Exterior:

Tinted side indicators, Colt clear lens bumper lights, GSR front tow hook, genuine Mitsubishi headlight covers, reconditioned Black bumpers & lower skirts, factory mud guards, window tint, GSR rear spoiler, GSR front lip, Saxo Yellow foggies w/ stone covers, Hella 118db Supertone horns, Gloss Black hatch, re-painted wipers/cowlings & side air vents, tinted AB tails, bonnet/guard/grille/nose cone/light surrounds all replaced with better condition items.

Engine Type: 1.8 4G37

Engine Mods: 10mm top gun leads, Bosch platinum plugs, new radiator hoses & clamps, new RH drive shaft, replaced engine mounts, newish steering rack, new battery, rad cap, few bits & pieces sprayed high temp Gloss Black

Power: Exactly what you would expect

Exhaust: All Black 2.5" GSR cat-back w/ twin tip X-force muffler

Gearbox: 5-speed manual

Diff: Stock

Brakes: Stock, cleaned & painted Black

Suspension: King springs all around, Monroe GT front & rear shocks, Super Pro Polyurethane Sway bar link Bushes, new CV Shafts

Wheels/Tyres: JA Starion 14 x 6 +18 factory wheels (195/65/14 all round), Black open end lug nuts

Interior: GSR front & rear seats, Starion/Conquest steering wheel, Black dash mat, Magna rear vision mirror, Red lens door lights, added footrest, aftermarket Black carpet, rust proofed & sound deadened boot.

Other Mods: Artic White Halogens w/ heavy duty harness

Stereo: Alpine headunit, factory cassette player & new rear speakers

Build Period: Early 2011

Cost: Reasonable

Future mods: New front & rear sway bars, GSR front brakes, replace ALL bushes, headers, fit the A/C etc. etc.

4 months ago with previous 15" R33 non-turbo wheels & while it had the all Black front end ..

Recent photo with 14" Starion wheels & new White front end minus foglights ..

Debating at the moment whether to go 80's White on the wheels or whether to go Black again ..

Matt
20th June 2012, 02:32 PM
These cars bring back memories , my mate had one and he was absolutely gutted my ae92 sx was quicker than it... he upped the boost and beat me.

corollaart
30th June 2012, 07:22 AM
Didnt the NSW hiway patrol run these for a while ,back in the day??There is one of these at a wreaker not to far from here,looks complete and untouched atm.

rob

0-PSI
30th June 2012, 11:46 AM
Didnt the NSW hiway patrol run these for a while ,back in the day??There is one of these at a wreaker not to far from here,looks complete and untouched atm.

rob

They did, until apparently they crashed them all due to the torque steer that these were renowned for, haha.

No chance you know the name of the wreckers ?

shift_rook
30th June 2012, 12:50 PM
Best to send Rob a message maybe. I've always had a soft spot for these, problem is they always seem to be modified wrong. Glad to see this is being taken care of. This is 114.3? MA61 wheels on this would be cooool

0-PSI
30th June 2012, 01:18 PM
Best to send Rob a message maybe. I've always had a soft spot for these, problem is they always seem to be modified wrong. Glad to see this is being taken care of. This is 114.3? MA61 wheels on this would be cooool

Cheers man, it's unfortunate to see that most that do show up on the web are completely riced out. There are a few guys on the forum though who are still kicking around that have done them correctly to begin with which is a relief, they should post on more forums.

I'd love a set of MA61 wheels for this ! The stud pattern is indeed the same, they just seem to be impossible to find !

corollaart
1st July 2012, 06:28 PM
Dont no if you got pm ,Guyra wreakers 0267791964.Looked very similar to yours from a distance.

troublesome_7
23rd August 2013, 03:07 AM
I'm just glad your name isn't Roger :thumbup:

Looks good, these things are funny as!