PDA

View Full Version : White GT

boh086
1st July 2012, 05:09 PM
I may as well get this forum going, I picked mine up yesterday and have put about 500kms on it so far.

I've been trying to restrain myself and run it as per the book to make sure I don't have any warranty issues further down the track. There seems to be a nice kick of power at about 4500rpm though, which I can't wait to get properly stuck into. It's been a month since I last drove one properly at the media launch so I've forgotten what the power delivery is like.

I had an interesting feeling with the tires in a long series of corners earlier, they got louder and louder and the car became quite squirmy as they heated up.

I'm thinking that I might run into some issues with sharing the love around between these two over the next few weeks.

It's hilarious how many looks you get in this car, and not the angry kind that I'm used to when driving the AE86.

Blake

cliffy
1st July 2012, 06:39 PM
Very nice super jealous... Love the old v new photo

ach_66
1st July 2012, 08:39 PM
Is that an SW20 I see behind??? You BaRsTarD !!!

Nikkojoe
2nd July 2012, 01:41 PM
It's hilarious how many looks you get in this car, and not the angry kind that I'm used to when driving the AE86.

Blake

I know what you mean! On my 20min test drive of the car I got plenty of looks, including 2 guys in a red magna trying to work out what it is.

Congrats on the car, going to see a lot more of these threads pop up and it's going to make my wait until dec more painful :(

AJPS
2nd July 2012, 03:02 PM
I may as well get this forum going, I picked mine up yesterday and have put about 500kms on it so far.

I've been trying to restrain myself and run it as per the book to make sure I don't have any warranty issues further down the track. There seems to be a nice kick of power at about 4500rpm though, which I can't wait to get properly stuck into. It's been a month since I last drove one properly at the media launch so I've forgotten what the power delivery is like.

I had an interesting feeling with the tires in a long series of corners earlier, they got louder and louder and the car became quite squirmy as they heated up.

I'm thinking that I might run into some issues with sharing the love around between these two over the next few weeks.

Blake

looks sick

get new tires asap

those michelins are shit

Nikkojoe
2nd July 2012, 03:32 PM
Gt I think runs yokohamas ^^ :)

boh086
2nd July 2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah it has Yoko dB Decibels. I imagine they will be the first thing that gets upgraded - need to save some cash and give the AE86 some love first though.

That is an SW20 in the background - it is my Mums

ach_66
3rd July 2012, 09:50 PM
That is an SW20 in the background - it is my Mums

Lol

Tally
4th July 2012, 07:49 AM
Nice car man, looks great in white!

Matt
7th July 2012, 10:33 AM
Nice collection... what are your plans for it?

boh086
9th July 2012, 02:25 PM
I don't have much planned for it at the moment. I'm just going to daily it and enjoy it.

When the tyres go it'll be time for wheel shopping but I'm going to struggle to justify spending money on it when the AE86 has a to do list longer than my arm.

Matt
9th July 2012, 05:11 PM
That is the plan for most of them at least for the first couple of years or until the warranty period expires.

CRONIK
14th July 2012, 07:40 PM
I put down my deposit this week and talking to the salesman he was saying that depending what you do to the car it only voids certain parts of warranty. eg put coilovers in only removes suspension warranty.