PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Promotional Video

Subactive
26th July 2012, 10:47 AM
BRZ official Australia ad released by Subaru. BRZ becomes a part of Subaru history.
http://www.youtube.com/user/subaruaustralia?feature=results_main

hachirusto
26th July 2012, 07:58 PM
take it your from the subaru marketing team?

Add is good, I like the Idea of using the heritage theme , which Toyota did'nt use in there TV advert but based alot of there viral and press releases on it.

dove grey 64
29th July 2012, 06:38 PM
thread header is a bit misleading

Subactive
3rd August 2012, 12:58 PM
Who will produce the first road worthy performance vehicle of this Model - BRZ STI or 86?. From all the talk and the prototype STI from the states i would say Subaru??

Ktas
3rd August 2012, 01:46 PM
um...the 86 is already consider a performance vehicle is it not?

and i would expect subaru to be the first to release a turbo street version...bearing in mind their experience with boxers lol

Sam-Q
4th August 2012, 01:28 AM
If Subaru wants to go with a heritage theme then perhaps they should change the gearbox internals to have a really thin and weak input shaft, some narrower gears would make the WRX owners feel right at home too.

Daniel tell me straight out, do you work for Subaru?

timbo
4th August 2012, 09:01 AM
Ah, is this the same Subaru that is "all for the driver"? Good step backwards I guess.

Matt
5th August 2012, 11:17 AM
Thread title fixed... Yeah daniel i have sent you a pm that i wouldn't mind answered.

Don't be shy :P

timbo
6th August 2012, 05:36 PM
Answered. It's an interesting point AWD "All for the driver" then the BRZ - with the design i don't think it can be AWD unless major mods are made - they will be getting done somewhere i imagine. US or Japan followed by Aus.

Haha greatest reply ever! What I was saying is that Subaru "prides" itself on the fact that they make AWD cars that are safer and far superior than other competitors equal. Then they go and collaborate with Toyota and make a RWD car which, to me, seems like a step backwards. Plus that add has AWD cars as the main focus doing what they do, something that the BZR can not.

I would like to also add that the 86/BZR is a designated sports car, designed with all aspects in mind. It would be safe to say that Impreza's and Liberty's were basic cars, that happened to receive a turbo engine almost as an after thought; have Subaru ever built a dedicated sports car? The Vortex might be, but it was also available as FWD...

ae8zn6
7th August 2012, 05:28 PM
Seems to be the trend these days...

BMW have been saying for years that RWD was the best/safest format as the front tires were not burdened by driving the car, yet the new 1 series is FWD

Sam-Q
13th August 2012, 11:55 AM
speaking of which I was surprised to see one of these going down the South Eastern freeway here, was quite surprised

Matt
20th August 2012, 11:19 PM
Suby brz promotional video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_lZxZWZGwQ&feature=player_detailpage