PDA

View Full Version : 15x8 0 offset

hillzy
28th July 2012, 08:14 PM
hell, thinking about buying 15 x 8 0 offset wheels soon and wondering if they will scrub on stock ke70 strut?

any info will help before i go ahead and buy them, cheers

sheppo
29th July 2012, 01:19 AM
Hey mate I'm running 15x8 and 0 offset on my KE but I did have to roll the guards to get them to fit!
In also running BC coilovers all round and have it sitting at a good height where it doesn't scrub!
The front driver side scrubs web I hit hard potholes everyone and then or corner to hard but that's because I need to adjust my caster better

The second picture is with standard suspension and cut springs
The first is how it is sitting now on coilovers and height adjustable rear springs!

hillzy
29th July 2012, 10:41 AM
cheers mate, was it scrubing on stock front stuts or did you use a certain tyre size to make them fit? just worried about scrubbing dont mind giving the guards a flare! cheers
also i think i saw your ke at hallet cove shops, looks nice man! good height and fitment

sheppo
29th July 2012, 12:44 PM
cheers mate, was it scrubing on stock front stuts or did you use a certain tyre size to make them fit? just worried about scrubbing dont mind giving the guards a flare! cheers
also i think i saw your ke at hallet cove shops, looks nice man! good height and fitment

Yeah just on stock struts.. It didn't scrub on the struts just the guards till I flared them I've got a slight stretch in my tyres but can't remember what size they are at the moment! I'll let you know later on if you would like!

Yeah I live locally so you will probably see it there every now and then if your from around the area

hillzy
29th July 2012, 01:04 PM
ohk cheers mate, ill just try n get some smaller tryes for some stretch, cheers for the info

sheppo
29th July 2012, 08:52 PM
I'm running 195/50 tyres as well as I was going to get 195/55 but the guy at the tyre shop said 55s would scrub on the inside on the strut!
Remembered just before when I was checking my tyre size!

hillzy
29th July 2012, 09:05 PM
ohk sweet, hopefully getting the wheels next week or week after ill post a test fit when i get them.

so is the 195/50 stretched or perfect? does your wheels poke out o guards? if so how have cops reacted to it?

sheppo
29th July 2012, 09:09 PM
They are only a slight stretch.. Which looks good to me they Look like a perfect fit! :)

hillzy
29th July 2012, 09:53 PM
yeh they look perfect, where you get the tyres from?

sheppo
29th July 2012, 10:23 PM
Got them from bob Jane at Marion
We deal with them a lot at work so got a good deal on the RE002s through them!
They are pretty good in there and know what they are talking about and look after their customers as well

hillzy
29th July 2012, 10:39 PM
might give them a call when i get the wheels..\

any suggestions on tyres that can be slid on if i wanted to by 4ac powahhh?

sheppo
29th July 2012, 11:02 PM
Mmm I'm not an expert on the tyres for sliding! Unfortunately I'm not the person to ask about those.. I got the RE002s for grip as I'm looking at getting into hill climbs and grip work more then drift
But with the 4agte I have the power to slide on them as well if I want to..
There are plenty of tyres out there though.. And plenty of info on these forums if you look around and search or see if anyone else replies on this thread.

hillzy
29th July 2012, 11:12 PM
ohk thanks for your info mate, ill search around and see if i can find some more info about tyres.