PDA

View Full Version : Drift Fest 01, Raleigh int Raceway

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

maxhag
31st October 2012, 02:04 AM
Good pickup Jacob...... Good times are coming your way :)

evil86
31st October 2012, 02:14 AM
Work wheels come in tomorrow and hopefully the 86 follows. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I've got the Friday off but ill spend that time working on the car and leave Sydney early sat morning with other guys

maxhag
31st October 2012, 02:19 AM
Is there anyone from Newcastle going that I can meet with?

jay70
31st October 2012, 05:57 AM
i'm guessing we can get a separate briefing if we turn up late on saturday?

sundee
31st October 2012, 10:03 AM
It would be ideal if all drivers could be there by the 8:30 driver brief.
But don't kill yourself to make a deadline.

If anyone is leaving from Newcastle, we can make a meeting point somewhere on the north side of hexham bridge..
ETA would be around 12:30pm

Matt
31st October 2012, 11:34 AM
Thread re-opened... someone accidently closed it.

sundee
31st October 2012, 11:58 AM
Didn't even notice.. Ha
Was probably me .. Oops ;) novice!

evil86
31st October 2012, 12:01 PM
quit fooling around and work on the car already Joel

Gunner
31st October 2012, 01:38 PM
He wont get it done, that way he wont need excuses when he gets hosed by all these toyotas

run-it-hard
31st October 2012, 04:59 PM
looks like I'm out, mech has royally fucked me!

sundee
31st October 2012, 05:32 PM
quit fooling around and work on the car already Joel

Me... oww no way im driving... my engine is still getting machine work done.

He wont get it done, that way he wont need excuses when he gets hosed by all these toyotas

lick the balls gunner, ill hose you and all your mates haha

looks like I'm out, mech has royally fucked me!
'
Whats up? what needs doing?

can we fix it friday night for saturday?

t-nol
31st October 2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, the 86 bug has infected a few, we'll end up with 10 cars for 2 days !!!

run-it-hard
31st October 2012, 06:59 PM
Just found outs going on. Nissan's immobilizer is causing the haltech grief (didn't even know Stagea's had NATS). We're going to be at the shop sorting it out tonight hopefully, if we do it'll be getting a tune tomorrow. Then get a alignment on Friday before heading up.

Although the car was ment to be finished last week, he's just been pussy footing around *sigh*

Fingers crossed we get it sorted!

maxhag
31st October 2012, 07:36 PM
Wow, the 86 bug has infected a few, we'll end up with 10 cars for 2 days !!!

For us with working cars Trent, the amount of track time is off the charts! Perfect for us!

maxhag
31st October 2012, 07:37 PM
I am bringing 6 handheld radios..... who wants one for the convoy drive up there?

sundee
31st October 2012, 07:53 PM
Organised arent we....

Matt
31st October 2012, 10:39 PM
My car is running but not what i call finished... it was a 4ac not all that long ago.

t-nol
31st October 2012, 11:23 PM
Nice work fellas. I have 2 extra CB's as well.
Lol, JoJo, thats what i'm thinking, but we won't jinx ourselves eh...

Just finished the handbrake rebuild, handbrake shoes relined by Bert Bros, with new disc rotors and finally found a spring from a Peugeot that worked on the Corona brake set up.
Now to pack and for a bit of shopping, I'm ready.

ohhh and had the power steer line re-done by Enzed fella to fix a leak.

Amazing how much motivation this stuff gives you, wish i had it all the time, lol.

dbr11k
31st October 2012, 11:31 PM
Shit I hope I can make this...

sundee
31st October 2012, 11:41 PM
its ok... there will be another event in about 3 months time... ;)

i guess its good that my engine is not ready... gives me time to do other things over the weekend.. like maybe run the event, take some good promo footage, and maybe an interview or 2... c what happens hay.

maxhag
1st November 2012, 12:43 AM
^^ that sounds like a good plan Joel. With this first one, you lay down the groundwork to make this a successfull AE86DC event in the future.. etc etc

jakel
1st November 2012, 01:35 AM
If pecky can get his red car fixed by then said I could drive that :)

run-it-hard
1st November 2012, 03:17 AM
Just came back from the shop, We've bypassed the NATS and it's off for a tune tomorrow!

So all systems go :D

Probably won't be heading up with the convoy, I'll need to get an alingment on Friday morning but I'll try my best.

dbr11k
1st November 2012, 08:02 AM
Yes !!! Gives me a good dead line to sort the Toyota out and have it 100%

Would love to see a heap and footage and pics in this thread by the 4th of November ;) haha

t-nol
1st November 2012, 09:26 AM
OH CRAP, the one thing i forgot, the noise....... i haven't quietened it down, what can i do?

sxg01d
1st November 2012, 09:38 AM
Do we need a fire extinguisher ?

sundee
1st November 2012, 09:48 AM
You dont "need" a fire extinguisher... BUT, if by some chance you require the use of raleigh's fire extinguisher, there is a cost of around $80 involved.

Trent - What setup are you running?

maxhag
1st November 2012, 09:53 AM
OH CRAP, the one thing i forgot, the noise....... i haven't quietened it down, what can i do?

I have a plate with holes drilled in it you just slip into where an exhaust join is if yours has 3" flange joins...... It is hardly engineering genius, and is restrictive, but if it made the differance betweeen running or not, then the choice is obvious.... See how you go..... If you have a quiet muff somewhere, just get it changed over somewhere. Wont cost fuck all time or dollars.....

meadan
1st November 2012, 09:58 AM
Ive got a spare slip on silencer which bolts onto a 2.5" exhaust tip. Its just a few baffles with some scotchbrite in it, but seemed to work ok.

Im running 2 large oval mufflers, and have a slip in silencer also just incase...

t-nol
1st November 2012, 10:04 AM
I have a 2.5inch all the way, but it splits under the bumper area into the twin pipes. So just slip something in one of the joins eh?
Whats that DB meter app, thats good ? Anyone know the name of it.

meadan
1st November 2012, 10:40 AM
yeah a little baffle plate should work ok. Or some chicken wire and steel wool down the exhaust tip would work too...

Not sure on the app, but theyre all as bad as each other. Should still give an ok indication whether youll be close or not.

sundee
1st November 2012, 11:01 AM
called SPL meter... it works well..... 94dba @ 10m @ 5500rpm
is your car NA or turbo trent?

Easiest and cheapest way is going to be what maxhag said... not ideal, but if your over it will get you passed.

jakel
1st November 2012, 11:02 AM
Was thinking of buying MA70 supra for $1500 for this haha. Not sure if I want to store another car haha.

t-nol
1st November 2012, 11:11 AM
N/A 20v, Peak - 100db 6m @ 6000rpm, but car was in the garage, not open, and had a car trailer behind it, if it makes a difference.

maxhag
1st November 2012, 11:36 AM
Was thinking of buying MA70 supra for $1500 for this haha. Not sure if I want to store another car haha.

Haha, take a headgasket with you... lol

jakel
1st November 2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah pretty much the reason why I couldn't be bothered buying it, there is a R31 in coffs for sale. Just depends if I can get a trailer to get it to the track an then home. Unless I can store it at the track for a week or something till I can get back down with a trailer to get it home haha.

Rice86
1st November 2012, 11:45 AM
my car needs a tow hook...front and rear i might add lol

maxhag
1st November 2012, 11:48 AM
Ok fellas, I am all set, ready to go.... Leaving Canberra now, only 900kms to go.... lol

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405266.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405268.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405270.jpg

Rice86
1st November 2012, 11:50 AM
Ok fellas, I am all set, ready to go.... Leaving Canberra now, only 900kms to go.... lol

LOL keen much!!

maxhag
1st November 2012, 11:51 AM

I have a rear one you can have Richard....

meadan
1st November 2012, 11:53 AM
Awesome!

I just did my final test drive, car feels pretty awesome now! I also went past the weigh bridge, fr-480 rr-500, means with me in the car ill be damn close to 50/50 weigh distribution.

Will be packed and ready to pick up the trailer at 7am tomorrow!

maxhag
1st November 2012, 12:09 PM
I would hate to see the weight dist of my packed 86! lol

Awesome!

I just did my final test drive, car feels pretty awesome now! I also went past the weigh bridge, fr-480 rr-500, means with me in the car ill be damn close to 50/50 weigh distribution.

Will be packed and ready to pick up the trailer at 7am tomorrow!

Rice86
1st November 2012, 12:27 PM
I have a rear one you can have Richard....

Thanks for the offer, i'll try buy some tomorrow first if not i'll take up on the offer

Cheers Jojo

Matt
1st November 2012, 12:31 PM
If pecky can get his red car fixed by then said I could drive that :)

Tow it there, i'll bring enough parts to replace just about everything, whats the worst case scenario you tow it for nothing, best case you get to slide.

My 86 is now throwing an igf code after i took it for a quick lap of the block this morning... Planets aren't aligning for me , plus i've got to make up a dodgey airbox to shut the quads up a little as i'm sure i'm over the DB limit there.

meadan
1st November 2012, 12:37 PM
I would hate to see the weight dist of my packed 86! lol

haha, id be curious to see how much u can actually pack in there!

at least u might have some grip on the way up :P

jakel
1st November 2012, 12:46 PM
Tow it there, i'll bring enough parts to replace just about everything, whats the worst case scenario you tow it for nothing, best case you get to slide.

My 86 is now throwing an igf code after i took it for a quick lap of the block this morning... Planets aren't aligning for me , plus i've got to make up a dodgey airbox to shut the quads up a little as i'm sure i'm over the DB limit there.

Yeah ill see if I can get a trailer sorted.

Matt
1st November 2012, 01:18 PM
Sorted my airbox, it is a fwd custom plenum so the outlet will push towards the battery, but it'll shut the quads up so i'm laughing...

The IGF code should be simple to resolve, worst case i have a spare dizzy, ignitor and ecu and a few 30m rolls of wire and terminals....

AIROCOBRA
1st November 2012, 01:28 PM
Christ !!!!! Matt how heavy is the Drift pig going to be with all those spares , Jo Jo droppped off 10 tyres /rims . Plus tents , food etc etc . Think we will be over GVM , won't be the 1st time though. This is going to be an epic haulage. Poor old Courier ute will not like hills on this trip.

Matt
1st November 2012, 01:36 PM
mmmm i hope people like bacon...

MoNsTaR
1st November 2012, 01:43 PM
Im think ill be the most cramped car as i have to fit all usual shit and 4 wheels in my cappuccino haha

Rice86
1st November 2012, 01:48 PM
Cappuccino? Fucking rad dude!!

Initial d stage 4 wet weather with rally driver, just saying lol

sundee
1st November 2012, 01:48 PM
N/A 20v, Peak - 100db 6m @ 6000rpm, but car was in the garage, not open, and had a car trailer behind it, if it makes a difference.

makes a huge difference, need to do it out in the open, no fences or buildings around, or even dense trees, make sure its set to A weight not C.

Ive got some T3 tow hooks, only fit up front though

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405266.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405268.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405270.jpg

This is BS, this makes me smile and fluffy inside... hahah

quads shouldn't affect the measurement much.. unless they are as loud as the exhaust.

Christ !!!!! Matt how heavy is the Drift pig going to be with all those spares , Jo Jo droppped off 10 tyres /rims . Plus tents , food etc etc . Think we will be over GVM , won't be the 1st time though. This is going to be an epic haulage. Poor old Courier ute will not like hills on this trip.

You coming for a watch bob? not driving?

hows that 16v motor going you brought off me a few years ago?

sundee
1st November 2012, 01:50 PM
Cappuccino? Fucking rad dude!!

Initial d stage 4 wet weather with rally driver, just saying lol

bahahaha, wait till you see how small the engine is... match box car

Rice86
1st November 2012, 01:53 PM
How much are the fronts Joel? And will they mount to my kouki levin front bar with zenkie lip?

If possible bring them and I'll pay you when I see you? Lol

jakel
1st November 2012, 02:04 PM
I can get a NA R31 just with king springs, spool and hydro handbrake for $1300? Worth it or don't bother? haha.

Matt
1st November 2012, 02:16 PM

I'd be more worried about the suspension in the ute, as it'll have to tow my fat arse....

t-nol
1st November 2012, 02:22 PM
Joel, i also need a front tow hook if you can bud.

AIROCOBRA
1st November 2012, 03:14 PM
No, Joel I am the tow truck driver --- But if your offering I think my helmet is still in the back of the ute. Matt I do not know about the Bacon but before he left Jo Jo droppped off a large box off EGGS !!!!!!!! ( That is to say 15 Dozen eggs ) That's one hell of an Omeletta !@#&&%$#@$%

Matt
1st November 2012, 03:20 PM
I've organised 5kg of bacon and 10kg of sausages and a fair few cans of coke....

meadan
1st November 2012, 03:36 PM
that ALOT of bacon and sausages.

My car is packed now, ready to leave around 9:30 tomorrow!

Jacobxxx
1st November 2012, 03:58 PM
Do 31 Jake!

Or you can take red one if matt feels like a rewire... haha

Jacobxxx
1st November 2012, 04:00 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/6/3/7/538365.jpg

just have to put on trailer and i am ready!

Sprinter Freak
1st November 2012, 04:39 PM
are the standard ke70 tow points ok or do i need a tow hook?

jay70
1st November 2012, 05:13 PM
i find out 6pm tomorrow if i can get saturday off, then drive 6 hours home to see the 180 for the first time in 4 weeks and hope it starts then drive down as soon as i get it packed, then hopefully my car still works so i can drive 12 hours back to work for sunday since i can't get the day off. wont have time for a wheel alignment so might be bit sketchy

hopefully i dont die

jakel
1st November 2012, 05:13 PM
YES! Didn't know the tri spokes would fit over wilwoods! Does red one need rewire?

Matt
1st November 2012, 05:38 PM
Do 31 Jake!

Or you can take red one if matt feels like a rewire... haha

Happy to have a play, I'll bring my auto elec box of shit. Was planning on sorting out my IGF issues tonight, but to be honest i doubt i'll have time with all the packing / tyres and stuff I've got to get...

I'm planning on fixing up mine up there as i currently have no ign power inside the cabin , even to the cluster etc...

jakel
1st November 2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah, if I could find a trailer cheap or someone that has one in Brisbane I could borrow cheap I would.

Matt
1st November 2012, 05:55 PM
uhaul aren't too badly priced...

i'll chuck in a hundred or so as a "delivery fee" for those wheels you are bringing for me as it would have cost me at least that to courier them down...

jakel
1st November 2012, 06:24 PM
Might just buy one there is a cheap tilting trailer not far from my place just need to see if it has a rwc or they still have to get one.

dbr11k
1st November 2012, 08:58 PM
This makes me sad :( but happy at the same time cause this is the start of good things to come !!!

Matt
1st November 2012, 09:30 PM
Hopefully the first of many private events hosted thru ae86dc.

s13 james
1st November 2012, 09:32 PM
any chance of a dc event at wakefield?

dbr11k
1st November 2012, 10:01 PM
I second that ^^^ wakie would be awesome !!!!

maxhag
1st November 2012, 10:21 PM
Had a shit drive to newcastle guys.

The turbo seperated from the manifold because of 2 snapped studs. Had to drive 90 kms with only the turbo manifold for an exhaust, copping max monoxide into the cab. I was on the side of the road for about 1 and a hallf hours.

I eventually made it to newy. Tomorrow, I am going to have to go and get a new gasket, studs and exhaust crimp nuts, then I gotta pull all the turbo and manifold off as the nuts are impossible to get to otherwise. my mate has no driveway, so i gotta do it in the street.

FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacobxxx
1st November 2012, 10:31 PM
Go to a shopping centre carpark, they love it!

maxhag
1st November 2012, 10:43 PM
my mate lives next door (within 5 metres! lol) of a pub. At least if I do it here, and it turns to shit, the pub is right there for me to write myself off....

dbr11k
1st November 2012, 10:46 PM
Not good mate :( it could have been a lot worse but i hope it all goes well for you and you and the car get there in one piece !

maxhag
1st November 2012, 10:53 PM
I should mention its a topless pub after 4pm :P

I also have fallen victim..... This event is cursed.... :P

jakel
1st November 2012, 11:03 PM
haha, we should just make another one when everyone is all sorted haha.

maxhag
1st November 2012, 11:08 PM
I reckon I can fix it, but it willl be a long day..... I doubt I would be at raleigh before 10pm.....

jakel
1st November 2012, 11:22 PM
Fix it and drive early Saturday morning worst case?

Matt
1st November 2012, 11:23 PM
Bob and i will swing by to lend a hand if you're still having issues when we come through. If there is any tools etc u need let me know and i'll make sure they are packed.

maxhag
1st November 2012, 11:57 PM
I had a look on the net and found there is "Premier exhaust and performance" 5 mins from my mates house. I will go there in the morning, and hopefully they should have what I need. I will see if they have any flat space there I can work on it, otherwise it is on the street on un-even ground at my mates place :P

My mate has to work, so i have no other transport either...

Matt, you and Bob call me when he gets to your place to see where I am at.....

Cheers

maxhag
2nd November 2012, 12:00 AM
Really hoping the manifold hasn't cracked too....

Rice86
2nd November 2012, 12:12 AM
this nearly happens to every sr20det engine.. its always the turbo gasket or dump pipe or bolts, happens a lot from stock when the car gets pushed hard such as drifting and doesn't change much even on aftermarket parts. ive seen and heard this one to many times now

hope it is a simple fix for you.

i'll be leaving Friday midnight and should be there just before 8am or so

oh and if you guys spot police or defect station along the way please say so, can never be to careful since it'll be the weekend + new NSW road laws

maxhag
2nd November 2012, 12:15 AM
Rich,
Funny thing was, honestly, I didn't go over 120kph the whole trip..... wouldn't have gone over 4500rpm.... Seen 3 cops on the way to Sydney...

With my gold AE86 (same nissan turbo setup on a 4AGTE etc) , I had this happen 3 times in a year, before I worked out the right solution...

NSW defects mean nothing in the ACT, Defect away! (unless they say I cant drive it at all :right: )

t-nol
2nd November 2012, 12:17 AM
All packed and sorted, see you fellas in the a.m.
Night.

Rice86
2nd November 2012, 12:17 AM
im assuming the cause is the heat generated by the turbo..good for nothing turbos LOL

maxhag
2nd November 2012, 12:34 AM
Bob and i will swing by to lend a hand if you're still having issues when we come through. If there is any tools etc u need let me know and i'll make sure they are packed.

Really short (slimline stubby)12 and 13 mm spanners if you have some might help, but dont let this hold up you or others....

jakel
2nd November 2012, 12:36 AM
Anyone know laws with qld or other states p plates? like the speed limited? Last time I checked it was just follow the laws of your state, i.e I'm from QLD so I can do 110 in a 110 zone where as nsw can only do 100 on green p's. I would call up NSW transport but the information I have gotten from any transport department has been different every time, haha.

Also because I probably won't be driving a car do I still have to pay to be a passenger and do we still have to pay an entry fee if we've already paid for our spot on track, probably in here somewhere haha.

I'll probably bring my top box from work, and Jacob said his car has a bad earth somewhere which is why it won't run right?

Jacobxxx
2nd November 2012, 01:22 AM
I doubt you'd have to pay passenger fee if you're already a driver haha, ill give you a couple drives of my car if you look too sad anyway.

sundee
2nd November 2012, 01:37 AM
holy crap, its all happening... im still going and im not even driving!

see you all soon....

evil86
2nd November 2012, 02:36 AM
I'm having the worse lucky at the moment. its 2.30am and I'm still and work. I picked up the 86 for the tuner earlier today, car makes 91kwatw but there is a noise coming from the clutch area. I'm hoping its a quick fix as I need to rip out the box to find out. Then need a wheel alignment. what makes it worse is that I might have to work tomorrow night and won't finish with 3am. Shits me but I'm trying everything can. worse case I finish at 3am and drive straight to raleigh after and get there whenever I get there

ae8zn6
2nd November 2012, 02:49 AM
[QUOTE=jakel;900097]Anyone know laws with qld or other states p plates? like the speed limited? Last time I checked it was just follow the laws of your state, i.e I'm from QLD so I can do 110 in a 110 zone where as nsw can only do 100 on green p's. I would call up NSW transport but the information I have gotten from any transport department has been different every time, haha.
/QUOTE]

The restrictions are a condition applied to YOUR license. So you go off the state your license was issued from. We have a similar thing here as ACT L's and Ps aren't speed limited.

Gunner
2nd November 2012, 05:22 AM
Well im not comimg, woke up with chest pains and coughing up blood, guess my bronchitis has made a return. Gotta love being exposed to large amounts of ammonia on a regular basis. Enjoy it guys and skid hard... Im gonna go curl up in a corner and die :(

meadan
2nd November 2012, 06:50 AM
see you guys around 10:30!

Loading up the trailer now

sundee
2nd November 2012, 07:59 AM
I'm having the worse lucky at the moment. its 2.30am and I'm still and work. I picked up the 86 for the tuner earlier today, car makes 91kwatw but there is a noise coming from the clutch area. I'm hoping its a quick fix as I need to rip out the box to find out. Then need a wheel alignment. what makes it worse is that I might have to work tomorrow night and won't finish with 3am. Shits me but I'm trying everything can. worse case I finish at 3am and drive straight to raleigh after and get there whenever I get there

work? WTF? did you not get it off? call in sick and get your ass up there

Well im not comimg, woke up with chest pains and coughing up blood, guess my bronchitis has made a return. Gotta love being exposed to large amounts of ammonia on a regular basis. Enjoy it guys and skid hard... Im gonna go curl up in a corner and die :(

there falling like flies.... dam man that sounds bad, rest up bud, get better soon.

86TRD
2nd November 2012, 08:37 AM
I've only got my phone for a camera, still pretty clear, but I'll try and get footage and pics of everyone.

t-nol
2nd November 2012, 08:40 AM
Able to bring a front tow hook Joel?

Matt
2nd November 2012, 08:58 AM
Don't panic i've got a camera... Someone if they have one pack an inverter...

Car is packed ready to be loaded onto the trailer...

meadan
2nd November 2012, 09:00 AM
Yeah Ive got a camera too which I can hand out if someone wants to take photos.

Im packed and loaded. Will probably leave soon to fill up petrol and air on the way!

Jacobxxx
2nd November 2012, 09:09 AM
Girlfriend is bringing her camera and I has my gopro toooo!

Matt
2nd November 2012, 10:02 AM
Trent and I are now on the m7

MoNsTaR
2nd November 2012, 10:14 AM
So, who is still able to drive haha, i had a bad missfire last night and didnt finnish till 1

jakel
2nd November 2012, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=jakel;900097]Anyone know laws with qld or other states p plates? like the speed limited? Last time I checked it was just follow the laws of your state, i.e I'm from QLD so I can do 110 in a 110 zone where as nsw can only do 100 on green p's. I would call up NSW transport but the information I have gotten from any transport department has been different every time, haha.
/QUOTE]

The restrictions are a condition applied to YOUR license. So you go off the state your license was issued from. We have a similar thing here as ACT L's and Ps aren't speed limited.

Thought so was just all my mates from NSW that think they can do the speed limit when in QLD.

86JAP
2nd November 2012, 11:20 AM
Starting to rain here in Port Macquarie guys hopefully it clears up for tomorrow...

Gunner
2nd November 2012, 12:22 PM
Fuck it, im leaving at 1pm see you fuckers tonight.

jakel
2nd November 2012, 12:51 PM
I couldn't be bothered leaving today just means more uncomfortable sleep haha, ill leave early tomorrow morning instead haha.

jay70
2nd November 2012, 12:51 PM
still waiting to see if i get tomorrow off. going to be a long day

sundee
2nd November 2012, 02:07 PM
Call in sick Damit! 1/3 the way there, 4 hrs to go... If we ever leave subway.
Cum on Jo Jo .. ;)

ae8zn6
2nd November 2012, 02:29 PM
Epically jealous, need to find me a rolling shell to build up :S

Jacobxxx
2nd November 2012, 03:36 PM
What time can we enter this afternoon? I wanna offload my trailer haha

jakel
2nd November 2012, 03:48 PM
Also I don't have a photo license at the moment... Only a piece of paper so no real ID.

jay70
2nd November 2012, 05:47 PM
day off approved. if my cars still working ill see you guys in 12 hours, maybe 14 if i stop for a sleep

jay70
2nd November 2012, 05:48 PM
is it daylight savings in nsw now?

jakel
2nd November 2012, 06:46 PM
Yep, where are you driving from?

jay70
2nd November 2012, 08:39 PM
I'm at Chinchilla so I'll be at beenleigh in like 4hours. Then pack and drive down

evil86
2nd November 2012, 08:44 PM
Big shout out to all the boys that help me out today. The car should be good to go with a few minor thing to do. by the way I'm at work at the moment and won't finish till 12.30 earliest. ill be travelling up straight after work so I see you guys in the morning whenever we get there..

can you guys give us a weather update when you get there.

Drive safe

jakel
2nd November 2012, 09:14 PM
ah wow, haha

Jacobxxx
2nd November 2012, 09:33 PM
Weather was overcast but not raining, will give an update in the morning :)

MoNsTaR
2nd November 2012, 10:00 PM
made it to newy and parked in the back yard haha
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/9/9/9/405515.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/9/9/9/405517.jpg

jay70
2nd November 2012, 10:38 PM
What time you leaving Jake? I think I might have a nap when I get home and leave yatala around 2;30-3

slider4life
2nd November 2012, 10:49 PM
I'm leaving from port Macquarie at 5 am see you all there about 8 8.30

Rice86
3rd November 2012, 05:44 AM
Me and the late crew should be there in about 3-4 hours, long ass Friday we had till now and still no sensible rest yet for any of us

jakel
3rd November 2012, 06:20 AM
I'm leaving now so will probably be about 5-6 hours because daylight savings.

Jacobxxx
3rd November 2012, 08:09 AM
Weather is overcast again, possible chance of rain with an expected high of 23 degrees

Perfect for dwifties

pen15
3rd November 2012, 08:33 AM
has anyone got pics of the day currently i would love to be there but i have a broken spine and my car is way too loud like 150db

Gunner
3rd November 2012, 07:41 PM
What a fucking awesome day, the boys have had more track time then they can handle, just having dinner, and getting ready for another day of drifting, good fucking shit.

Matt
3rd November 2012, 08:27 PM
Summary of the day....

Skid, wait up to a minute max and skid again. Change tyres and skid again

There is bout 100gb of videos and pictures from the day that'll be edited and made into a
DVD soon.

slider4life
3rd November 2012, 09:08 PM
Was an epic day high lights for me was Phil sr20det ke70 thing was mint and he could steer it well. Trent and his hold it flat attitude lol the only time I heard this man get off it if he hit a large bump and his foot jumped off the gas but he was straight back on it lol. All the boys done well and I think even if they weren't confident the amount of track time was insane and people were gettin the hang of it. Massive massive rep to Joel for argali sing this event hope there is another one soon I hear there maybe another ;). Have fun tomorrow guys wish I was there for the second day

Jacobxxx
3rd November 2012, 11:01 PM
I like diffs.

86TRD
3rd November 2012, 11:28 PM
Had an awesome time watching today, would love to be there in the morning also, everyone was driving awesome and i hope there is more events at Raleigh to come. hopefully ill be able to be out there also, safe sliding in the morning :)

Matt
4th November 2012, 09:25 PM
Another epic day at the track... Wicked weekend guys!!

dbr11k
4th November 2012, 10:54 PM
I wanna see pics !! So cut I couldn't be there :( I hope you kiddies had a fun time but and I will definitely be driving at the next even !! Also I will buy a copy of that DVD matt ;)

sundee
5th November 2012, 12:30 AM
So the fire has just gone out on an outragous weekend.

This event could not have turned out any better if I tried.
It was back to grass roots drift action, with a huge diverse range of drivers and cars,
1st time kamakazi nut bags ( actually just Bag, you all know who im talking about) to the well seasoned street drifter.

The fresh drivers gave it a huge crack and were linking up corners in no time.

The event didnt come without a few small failures....2 smashed T diff centers, a few tyre walls kissed, 1 smashed work equip 01... And plenty of tyres shredded and blown!

Saturday saw the Nissan boys keeping there rigs running all day , Toyota boys copped an ear bashing... But Sunday saw the tables turn and the nissans fell Like flies.

Huge ammonts of video and pics to come.

Drift fest zero2 - feb 2013!

Don't miss it ;)

slider4life
5th November 2012, 06:59 AM
I'm guess the work rim went to good old hold it flat Trent haha

86TRD
5th November 2012, 07:09 AM
What sort of dates are you thinking in feb? Probably won't have mine going in time but I never know, only money that is holding my car back now.

86TRD
5th November 2012, 07:11 AM
I'd also be keen on the DVD.

slider4life
5th November 2012, 07:18 AM
JOEL please not February I will be over seas from the first till the 18th any weekend after that will be sweet

slider4life
5th November 2012, 07:18 AM
Note*

t-nol
5th November 2012, 07:41 AM
Well, made it safely back home this morning at 12:30am, sitting at work now, but i'm buggered..... !!!!!!!!!

What an absolutely fantastic weekend !!! Just had the most unreal time, loved every second of it !! Just a fantastic bunch of blokes, and it was really really cool to have everyone help each other out all weekend. As Joel said, it really couldn't have been any better.

There will be some exagerated stories floating around fellas, but don't listen to them, and no the Equip damaged wheel WASN'T mine,,,,,, hahahahahaha, my car went to hell and back, and is unscathed, and still running super strong.

Get these vid's and pic's up quick boys, just can't wait to relive the action.

And all the guys that didn't make it,,,, hahahahaha,,,,, you have missed out on the most outrageous weekend i have ever had, sooooo much fun.

un533n
5th November 2012, 09:15 AM
Well, made it safely back home this morning at 12:30am, sitting at work now, but i'm buggered..... !!!!!!!!!

What an absolutely fantastic weekend !!! Just had the most unreal time, loved every second of it !! Just a fantastic bunch of blokes, and it was really really cool to have everyone help each other out all weekend. As Joel said, it really couldn't have been any better.

There will be some exagerated stories floating around fellas, but don't listen to them, and no the Equip damaged wheel WASN'T mine,,,,,, hahahahahaha, my car went to hell and back, and is unscathed, and still running super strong.

Get these vid's and pic's up quick boys, just can't wait to relive the action.

And all the guys that didn't make it,,,, hahahahaha,,,,, you have missed out on the most outrageous weekend i have ever had, sooooo much fun.

Yeah so Keen on the next one (matty with the s13 here) also got home safe now also at work wrecked as hell, was such a great weekend best vibe tight track,

86TRD
5th November 2012, 09:24 AM
When I get home I'll chuck some pictures up, I'll see about how I go chucking videos up also.

Rice86
5th November 2012, 11:31 AM
Big thanks again to Joel for the awesome event!! Matt and Rhys also for their efforts to make sure it was a smooth and easy run for the guys on the track.
This is my first time i have drifted on any track and it sure was the event to be at. WAY to much track time is an understatement LOL.
Vibe was awesome, everyone had helped someone in the need or even if it was just a word of advise it helped pulled everyone closer as a whole.

Nice to meet most people face to face, if i didn't talk to you at least once i can assure you i was watching you drift, everyone drove bloody amazing at any level of skill.

People that missed out, suck shit!!! hahahahhahahahah best event ever

bernardshorty
5th November 2012, 12:54 PM
i only made sat but was still a top day learnt heaps and loved the track time job well done joel and everyone else that made the event awesome hope there will be another up ant coffs organised from this forum was good.

jay70
5th November 2012, 01:10 PM
was a real sick event, shame the sr couldnt keep it together to keep skidding. still managed to drive home though so all good

thanks heaps to joel and matt and everyone that made it possible. bigger and better next time

Gunner
5th November 2012, 01:43 PM
Well I just got home, and I am well and truely rooted. But thoroughly pleased with how it all went. Burnt to a crisp, but not going to complain, I had a fucking ball, geeing all you fuckers up all weekendto go bigger harder and nuts made my weekend.

A huge thanks to Joel amd Matt, you guys should be truley proud of what was achieved, the most fun I have ever had at any motorsport event in the 20yrs I have been going to events.

Huuuuuuge props to trent, dude youre nuts, and I fucking love it. I would say you have the biggest balls of anypne i know, but i think balls for brains is a better description hahahaha.

Also, yound Ryan, what fucking skill, this kid needs to be seen to be believed, although his car doesnt ha e the speed,, the angles he cam pull is ridiculous to say the least. You and your old mam should be proud, now boost that little ke and cut sick young man ;)

As for the rest of you, the improvent you guys showed over the weekend was astounding, everyone has come out the other side with soooo much more skill, its unbelievable. I am truely grateful to have the oportunity to watch you guys go out there amd push as hard as ypu could.

As for my car, although i got to thrash it for only 40 minutes (straight lol) shes fucked, pretty good effort I think lol.

Thanks again to all of you, for a wonderful weekend, and was great to meet you all

much love
Rhys

mwa haha

ps. Time for the first shower in four says hahah cause i dont stink or anything lmao

Matt
5th November 2012, 01:55 PM
Myself adan , drew, phil and cle have just hit Newcastle .... Tired as but I will have a handful of pics up tonight.

jakel
5th November 2012, 02:43 PM
Just got home ended up visiting some people and staying in Ballina last night, this was the best event I have ever been to and the only one where I didn't even care that I wasn't driving not like when I go out to QR and wish I was driving, I would even say this was as much fun as when I drove in QR matsuri!

Hopefully my car should defiantly be ready for the next one might even be the first even I bring it to, thanks to every one who made this whole weekend possible!

un533n
5th November 2012, 04:05 PM
email list and dates for the next one, ill throw pics up tonight/tomorrow as i have obtained the SD card!!!

Kevspec
5th November 2012, 04:33 PM
sounds like you boys had quite the weekend! Sooo devo i couldn't make it up this time, hopefully I'll be able to drive up for the next one. Keen for pics/footage

86TRD
5th November 2012, 05:26 PM
These are just a couple, i took a a bunch more, also these were from my phone so not all that great sorry.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405670.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405672.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405674.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405675.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405677.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405679.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405681.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405683.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405685.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405687.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405689.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405691.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405693.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405695.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405697.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405699.jpg

jakel
5th November 2012, 05:43 PM
Someone needs to find a better tyre machine as well haha. They said the one there was one that was getting thrown out somewhere else haha. Horrible to use!

t-nol
5th November 2012, 06:17 PM
Ohhhh yeah, use the ONE of me off the road, thanks.

meadan
5th November 2012, 06:31 PM
haha, whats the chances of that hey trent!

86TRD
5th November 2012, 06:31 PM
Haha sorry Trent, i liked that picture.
You may like this one more.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/5/3/5/405701.jpg

maxhag
5th November 2012, 06:57 PM
Bob and I just got home guys..... Made good time.... Left 8am, got to canberra at 6pm

Big thanks to Joel and Matt for their efforts, and a big thanks to the great blokes who bothered to make it to this. You all know who you are.... It truely was a pleasure to spend the weekend with such great company.....

t-nol
5th November 2012, 07:08 PM
LOL, nah !!! Bring on the good the bad and the UGLY !!!!! it's not where you end up, it's how much fun you had getting there.

meadan
5th November 2012, 07:11 PM
Yep, would have to be one of the best weekends away Ive had for a long time. We all seemed to get on ok for a bunch of misfits lol.

I like the new signature trent, I can see the catch phrase catching on quickly!

maxhag
5th November 2012, 07:30 PM
hahahahha.... Ya kill it Trent. Love ya styles man........

Matt
5th November 2012, 07:44 PM
Some of the photos...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405703.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405705.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405707.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405709.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405711.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405712.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405714.jpg

NIZLAH
5th November 2012, 07:44 PM
looks like you guys had a fuckin epic sick weekend, keen to get my shit sorted for future events..

Gunner
5th November 2012, 07:59 PM
Can we go back now? Sydneys boring lol

Matt
5th November 2012, 08:00 PM

It was chosen at random... I bet i could chose another 50 random ones before we find the ones of you on the track... :P

This would be my fav tho...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405718.jpg
But how awesome was that spaghetti....

But I did find this ultra rare pic hiding...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405720.jpg

Matt
5th November 2012, 08:02 PM
looks like you guys had a fuckin epic sick weekend, keen to get my shit sorted for future events..

Thats right... We DID!

t-nol
5th November 2012, 08:05 PM
hahahahahaha, you snuck that one in, i didn't even know you took that....... And that 8six one must have been VERY early on, i still have a front lip spoiler in that pic.
C'mon boys get some more up. ...

jakel
5th November 2012, 08:06 PM
Should have even just came was a lot of fun not even driving!
I saw someone at QR matsuri eating rice with a spanner haha.

Matt
5th November 2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/538367.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/405722.jpg

racsov
5th November 2012, 09:14 PM
this looked like a sweet event. where can i find out info on upcoming events at raleigh?

Matt
5th November 2012, 09:27 PM
Check regularly...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php/17-Sydney-amp-NSW-Events-and-Discussion (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php/17-Sydney-amp-NSW-Events-and-Discussion)

Jacobxxx
5th November 2012, 09:37 PM
SOOOOOOOOO FUN

nathanS
5th November 2012, 09:47 PM
Hey guys nathan here. ( the guy who decided to give it a go in the porsche lol ) heres a few of the pics i took on the saturday that turned out the best. favorite has to be trent in his usual style and the young bloke having a major blowout that was just timed perfectly :P

Had an AWESOME weekend guys! and got me super motivated into tearing the old barge (supra) down and getting it ready for the next one, CANT WAIT! :D

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405733.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405735.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405737.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405739.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405741.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405743.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405771.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405799.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405803.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405805.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405807.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405809.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405811.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405813.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405815.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405817.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405819.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405821.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405823.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405825.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405827.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405829.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405831.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405833.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405835.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405837.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405839.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405841.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/0/1/405843.jpg

nathanS
5th November 2012, 10:08 PM
Videos coming as soon as they upload

maxhag
5th November 2012, 10:11 PM
Awesome pics Nate....

nathanS
5th November 2012, 10:44 PM
Cheers JoJo, heres a quick vid of Trent i found pretty funny lol

http://youtu.be/hNp-sc4CAaI

Holy shit youtube did a good job of rooting that video...i'll re post it and others whe i work out how to get rid of their awesome anti shake editing/Magic mushroom mode... :-|

Should be fixed in the next 5 min

maxhag
5th November 2012, 10:59 PM
Here are 2 vids of me....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405857.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/maxhag/AE86DC%20Drift%20Fest%2001%20Nov%203-4%202012/?action=view&current=infrontviewrun2.mp4)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/405859.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/maxhag/AE86DC%20Drift%20Fest%2001%20Nov%203-4%202012/?action=view&current=AE86DCfrontviewrun1.mp4)

The dusty track got me in the second one....

maxhag
5th November 2012, 11:01 PM
Very nice run Trent.... :)

Cheers JoJo, heres a quick vid of Trent i found pretty funny lol

http://youtu.be/hNp-sc4CAaI

Holy shit youtube did a good job of rooting that video...i'll re post it and others whe i work out how to get rid of their awesome anti shake editing/Magic mushroom mode... :-|

Should be fixed in the next 5 min

run-it-hard
5th November 2012, 11:48 PM
What a crazy event! Big ups to Joel and Matt, and everyone else for making it happen.

Raleigh, what a track!!

In the end my car didn't make it due to come ECU complications, and Benny's R33 blew a coilpack mid-way through the first day. So we made the most of it, hanging out and taking photos.

I've got over 1000 to go through so hopefully I can get them up on the blog in a few days (still gotta get the car ready for Wakefield Matsuri this weekend though).

I'll be posting some on the FB page too if you want to tag/share and all that jazz.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/500704.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/500705.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/500706.jpg

Facebook page link (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Run-It-Hard/278229208892901)

sundee
6th November 2012, 12:02 AM
I'm guess the work rim went to good old hold it flat Trent haha

Jojo actually, I've got a good shot of it 2 ill upload tomorrow ;)

Ahhh... Your meant to keep it on the black stuff... I know it wasn't in the driver brief and all... KAMAKAZIE SUN

Can we go back now? Sydneys boring lol

Here here!

This thread is booming! Lets hopethe next event reflects this... But don't worry guys, it will be caped so to have max track time again. 35 I'm thinking for the next one, but all who are keen, FEB 2013 will be the month, stay tuned to the NSW events section for more info.

Rhys... Your FWD drift and launching all 4 wheels of that 92 into the air finished the day perfectly.... To all those thinking WTF... You will see soon.

I just want to thank Matt and Rhys for helping the day run so smooth, and also to everyone who made the effort to come, you guys made the event what it was. It was great to put names to faces and see you all have a ball and get on like a house on fire. I could not be more proud of how it rolled out, and it makes me even more happy that everyone was so stoked with the event.

Stay tuned for a tonn of photos and movies, I have to sift through au 24GB of video.... And I reckon wewould have over 200GB together.

Ps... "If I get home and my mrs's tells me we are having curried sausages for dinner.. I'm gonna flip"
I concur. ;)

KurtHS
6th November 2012, 12:52 AM
Least two Vic guys keen as, if it's late Feb I'm stupidly keen! Either way I will get there eventually.

nathanS
6th November 2012, 06:58 AM
Keen as for the next one! Can't wait, C'MON FEB!!!! :-D

Gunner
6th November 2012, 08:48 AM
Jojo actually, I've got a good shot of it 2 ill upload tomorrow ;)

Ahhh... Your meant to keep it on the black stuff... I know it wasn't in the driver brief and all... KAMAKAZIE SUN

Here here!

This thread is booming! Lets hopethe next event reflects this... But don't worry guys, it will be caped so to have max track time again. 35 I'm thinking for the next one, but all who are keen, FEB 2013 will be the month, stay tuned to the NSW events section for more info.

Rhys... Your FWD drift and launching all 4 wheels of that 92 into the air finished the day perfectly.... To all those thinking WTF... You will see soon.

I just want to thank Matt and Rhys for helping the day run so smooth, and also to everyone who made the effort to come, you guys made the event what it was. It was great to put names to faces and see you all have a ball and get on like a house on fire. I could not be more proud of how it rolled out, and it makes me even more happy that everyone was so stoked with the event.

Stay tuned for a tonn of photos and movies, I have to sift through au 24GB of video.... And I reckon wewould have over 200GB together.

Ps... "If I get home and my mrs's tells me we are having curried sausages for dinner.. I'm gonna flip"
I concur. ;)

Im glad you liked it joel, cause its destroyed the little 92 hahahah i loved every fucking minute of it though lol.

As for dates, im voting for late feb, have my best mates wedding on the 2nd so cant happen that weekend, it just cant :D

maxhag
6th November 2012, 10:16 AM
You will have to bring back the AE92 then, for some more stunt driving.... :P :P :P

un533n
6th November 2012, 11:01 AM
Ok, I have 6gb of photos, so if you want them PM me with your car and email and I will send them out, trent got heaps of you now mate.

and yeah cmoooon feburary

Gunner
6th November 2012, 11:09 AM
You will have to bring back the AE92 then, for some more stunt driving.... :P :P :P

Theres no question about that ;)

meadan
6th November 2012, 11:20 AM
haha, well we never ended up doing that jump.....just sayin' :P

Matt
6th November 2012, 11:29 AM
Lol yeah on the way out they didn't seam as steep as i recalled them on the way in.... Would have had to hit them pretty fast...

meadan
6th November 2012, 11:36 AM
nothing a bit of speed cant fix

http://youtu.be/1PhUAUsGuu4

maxhag
6th November 2012, 11:39 AM
hhahahahahaa, thats Matt right there........

sxg01d
6th November 2012, 11:47 AM
heres one of the vids i got from the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icuN6ZYPiMc&feature=plcp

maxhag
6th November 2012, 12:00 PM
Great driving Drew..... Ya killed that track in the Soarer.....

phil
6th November 2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah was a great weekend boys, so much track time... Only thing holding me back was how long it took to use that relic of a tyre machine lol.

Props to Joel n Matt for organizing and all the other boys that cooked up lunch and dinner for us too.. Sausages anyone? Haha

Can't wait for the DVD ;-)

jakel
6th November 2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah was a great weekend boys, so much track time... Only thing holding me back was how long it took to use that relic of a tyre machine lol.

Props to Joel n Matt for organizing and all the other boys that cooked up lunch and dinner for us too.. Sausages anyone? Haha

Can't wait for the DVD ;-)

Yeah! The guy that was suppose to be there to change them said it was one they found that was going to be thrown out haha. Better than nothing I suppose but makes me think again about how bad our one at work is haha.

Matt
6th November 2012, 12:34 PM
Other than the tyre changer and the science experiment of a shower I don't think there is much we need to improve on.

Keep the pics comming guys, just pick the best ones you have of each car.

Some awesome driving all weekend.

sxg01d
6th November 2012, 12:46 PM
Great driving Drew..... Ya killed that track in the Soarer.....

thanks dude ,yeah the old land yacht loved it!

and there was some great driving all round !

and i also like to thank joel and matt for a great weekend and hope im appart of many more to come!!

maxhag
6th November 2012, 12:52 PM
I liked it so much, I am looking at buying a manual JZZ30 now :P :P I have found one already, Iam keen to go check it out....
I have always liked soarers, but I thought they were ONLY made in autos.... Now I know differant, I definatly want one

thanks dude ,yeah the old land yacht loved it!

and there was some great driving all round !

and i also like to thank joel and matt for a great weekend and hope im appart of many more to come!!

AIROCOBRA
6th November 2012, 01:15 PM
What a ball tearer of a weekend , Had a great time watching some sensational driving , there was certainly no lack of comitment from all concerned. Thanks to the above mention guys for making in all happen. Here are a few of the many !!!!!!!!! Photos

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405885.jpg

The pig lives !!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405887.jpg

On the track and on Max attack ---well almost !!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405889.jpg

The shear art of it all

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405891.jpg

Wish I had just a bit more lock ????

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405893.jpg

No ! no! I really do have it !!??#$%

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405895.jpg

looking good !!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405897.jpg

Hear no evil ---See no evil , --- oh! Shit !!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405899.jpg

Just do-in a spot of horticulture --- back soon

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405901.jpg

Anyone found a pinion it seems to be miss-in

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405903.jpg

Still looking for some more lock !!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405905.jpg

Can you smell something burning ????

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405907.jpg

The youngins at play !!!

Gunner
6th November 2012, 01:24 PM
Awesome pics bob, love the ones of phuoc

Matt
6th November 2012, 01:35 PM
Amazing pics bob...

maxhag
6th November 2012, 02:05 PM
I cant wait for the rest of them :)

Rice86
6th November 2012, 02:27 PM
Nice photos bob! I've got the lock, just not the skills to use it yet hahah

sundee
6th November 2012, 03:31 PM
Bob - great snaps man, like the one of trent in the dust storm, phuoc flying a wheel and the one thru the tree of jojo and phil...
epic work!

meadan
6th November 2012, 04:21 PM
A few quick ones of the camp site/workshop/shenanigans area.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/4/7/405927.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/4/7/405929.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/4/7/405931.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/4/7/405933.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/4/7/405935.jpg

Sprinter Freak
6th November 2012, 04:48 PM
Photos look sick guys, cant wait to see the rest of them. Was a sick weekend! cant thank joel and matt enough for organising it! gained heaps of experience and learned the limits of the ke. Can't wait till feb!! :D

Matt
6th November 2012, 05:01 PM
Get some more power ryan and you'll be up there with the other guys... You have a great setup car that slides nicely.

Matt
6th November 2012, 05:03 PM
Which idiot parked the hilux with the car trailer there! What an arsehole...

Gunner
6th November 2012, 05:41 PM
I know ay such a rude prick, i had to walk around it to my car, ruined my whole weekend...

AIROCOBRA
6th November 2012, 05:51 PM
Since you guys have said such nice things ----- here is some more drift candy !!!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405943.jpg
SHIT!!!!!! where is the black stuff

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405945.jpg
What was that noise ?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405947.jpg
Turn you bitch TURN !!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405949.jpg
We have got him now !!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405951.jpg
Another one of those visa shots

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405953.jpg
I've got it , no dramas here , move on , nothing to see .

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405955.jpg
Slide baby slide !!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405957.jpg
No you go 1st

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405959.jpg
Great ball joints of fire

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/405961.jpg
If you go down to the woods today

sundee
6th November 2012, 06:04 PM
here some pics from the Go pro boys...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/405963.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/405965.jpg
Got camber?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/405967.jpg
CAmp/ garage

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/405969.jpg
Promo pic matt?

Matt
6th November 2012, 06:12 PM
The pics just keep getting better and better...

I can't wait until the DVD is done. Will be allot of laughs i'm sure.

sundee
6th November 2012, 06:45 PM
this hurts...
Phuoc...we are not making that kind of film... haha

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/405971.jpg

sebjohnston
6th November 2012, 07:18 PM
epic weekend !!

Gunner
6th November 2012, 07:40 PM
Hahaha seb finally figured out how many wheel studs an 86 has, good work young fella...

So was it 6 or 7 lmao

phil
6th November 2012, 08:30 PM
Anyone else notice the sprinter is about to take out Joel's gopro on the ground in bobs first shot haha I hope that was recording then Joel

nathanS
6th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone get any pics of the Porsche pretending to slide with the real cars?

Gunner
6th November 2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah bob has that big spin you had up the back lol

maxhag
6th November 2012, 08:47 PM
Bob will have some. You will get to see when he sorts them out..

t-nol
6th November 2012, 09:11 PM
Oh wow some fantastic shots there, can't wait for more.

And funny how there's alot of photo's of everyone else OFF THE TRACK too, hahahaha, you all made it seem like it was only me,,,,,, ahahahahah the truth is coming out.

sundee
6th November 2012, 09:20 PM
Anyone else notice the sprinter is about to take out Joel's gopro on the ground in bobs first shot haha I hope that was recording then Joel

you must have good eyes phil.. i went back and couldn't see it, i have 2 videos of my go pro's near death experiences.. will post up when i get a sec.

Oh wow some fantastic shots there, can't wait for more.

And funny how there's alot of photo's of everyone else OFF THE TRACK too, hahahaha, you all made it seem like it was only me,,,,,, ahahahahah the truth is coming out.

Dont lie to your self trent, its bad for your spirit.... bahahaha

Gunner
6th November 2012, 09:37 PM
Wheres.all the.videos?

maxhag
6th November 2012, 10:35 PM
Here is one of the in-car vids -

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/406009.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/maxhag/AE86DC%20Drift%20Fest%2001%20Nov%203-4%202012/?action=view&current=incar1.mp4)

Gunner
6th November 2012, 11:00 PM
It wont let me watch it lol

john84ie
6th November 2012, 11:03 PM
I you go to options on the photobucket page it brings up click download..

Looks so easy with the sr in it!

Deffo looked like a great weekend guys, good shit

maxhag
6th November 2012, 11:56 PM
It wont let me watch it lol

Watch it on my FB....

dbr11k
7th November 2012, 01:35 AM
Yea I can't watch the photo bucket videos on my phone :(

maxhag
7th November 2012, 01:44 AM
For some reason Youtube was rejecting my videos.... And wouldn't give a reason..... Stupid noobtube.....

dbr11k
7th November 2012, 02:00 AM
Pootube rapes video quality as well, I'll have to check them all out when I get home ;)

sundee
7th November 2012, 07:23 AM
Use Vimeo guys .

Matt
7th November 2012, 07:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tjDmpjJUi8&feature=youtu.be

Matt
7th November 2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ColqBN5LM2Y

Matt
7th November 2012, 07:58 AM
http://youtu.be/cArt48wRtQQ

Matt
7th November 2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enz3yBh36nU

Don't worry I will leave you a gap so I don't hit you....
"Thanks but you won't have a choice"

It is a shame the 2j looped just as i stopped recording...

Gunner
7th November 2012, 09:29 AM
Hahahahaha

sundee
7th November 2012, 10:17 AM
Bahahaha, Matt any chance you can tag all those videos , or add Drift fest zero 1 to the video names?
Should help link all the media?

Matt
7th November 2012, 10:36 AM
http://youtu.be/oEyEgVM_sJw

Matt
7th November 2012, 10:40 AM
No worries, i was looking at the videos at work with the volume down and I got to adans one and everyone looked at me cos that induction noise is bloody loud...

Sounds wicked though.

meadan
7th November 2012, 11:03 AM
haha thats awesome.

you got some great footage matt!

Matt
7th November 2012, 11:33 AM
Jojo's...

http://youtu.be/NqO8yp5f1IM

maxhag
7th November 2012, 12:11 PM
Wicked!

Rice86
7th November 2012, 01:31 PM
Just got my GoPro off Phuoc on the way to work today.

will cut and edit what i got and post it up tonight hopefully if it doesn't take too long

Matt
7th November 2012, 02:08 PM
Phouc and Richard...

http://youtu.be/9M7xP2wEHSk

Gunner
7th November 2012, 06:52 PM
When are we gonna see that hectic fwd skid?

maxhag
7th November 2012, 06:59 PM
^^ this.....

sundee
7th November 2012, 09:31 PM
I'll get that .... Standby , it's on a mates go pro

Gunner
7th November 2012, 09:44 PM
We will be waiting lol.

Rice86
7th November 2012, 10:05 PM
wont be showing any videos, dont have windows movie maker and keeps fucking up every time i download it and there isn't any other good free video edit programs...FUCK

Jacobxxx
7th November 2012, 10:18 PM
Choose from here

http://webseasoning.com/technology/best-free-windows-video-editing-software/1079/#.UJpLEo6UDoA

meadan
8th November 2012, 02:55 PM
It was awesome driving with you Jacob!

Get that diff sorted so we can get some super close tandems going on again next time.

Matt
8th November 2012, 03:14 PM
A couple of the videos i have show Jacob pretty much rubbing door handles with the driver in front...

Matt
8th November 2012, 03:14 PM
1000 Posts in this thread now....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/406251.jpg

2 Sprinters Missing from this shot that were there over the weekend...