PDA

View Full Version : Drift Fest 01, Raleigh int Raceway

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sundee
3rd August 2012, 10:19 PM
Private Drift Weekend

November 3rd - 4th

To be held on the Coffs coast @ Raleigh international raceway, 15 mins south of coffs harbour, a midway point from sydney to Brisbane
approx 6 hrs from sydney.

http://www.raleighraceway.com.au/index.html

info:

Date - November 3rd - 4th
Duration: Sat + Sun , 9am - 5pm each day!
Cost - $220 per Driver for the entire weekend. (if you have 2 drivers and your sharing a car, you pay $220 each and so on.)
Passenger rides - $20 per person per day

What does that include?

track time from 9am - 5pm saturday and sunday
Camping on site!
$220 entree fee includes camping each night AND is limited to 1 car and 2 occupants/site.
Any more persons/spectators will be charged a $10 entree fee/day. So $20 for the weekend

Accommodation:

Camping is included is the cost for Saturday and Sunday Night and is subject to the conditions listed just above ^

Want to get there early, set up chill out and talk rubbish?

Friday night camping is available at an extra $10 per person

Food

BBQ facilities are available for use.
BYO Meet etc.

Tyre Changer

A tyre Changer will be on site and an opperator supplied, Tyre changes will be $10 per tyre.

Requirements:

Certified helmet
long pants/shirt and enclosed shoes

YOUR CAR WILL GO THROUGH SCRUTINEERING

Please guys get your crap together:
All wheel nuts present
seats secured with all 4 bolts
seatbelts or harness's present and in working order
No oil/Fuel leaks
Batteries secure, cable ties don't count!

Noise restrictions

94.5 Dba @ 10m @ 6000rpm

Turbo cars should be fine, NA boys buy a silencer off ebay for your system.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=exhaust+silencer&_sacat=See-All-Categories

General housekeeping Rules.

Everything you bring you take away with you, this includes used tyres!!
BBQ facilities need to be cleaned after you use them ready for the next person!!
No drifting,hooning burnouts on the entry road or in the roads around the facility!!! this is very very strict... Do it and you WILL be sent walking and you will NOT get a refund!!!
CArs are not to be driven around the grounds during the night, ( extenuating circumstances apply )
If you want more cheap events like this BEHAVE!
Every driver will be required to attend a compulsory driver brief at 8:30am ( times may change )

Please Post your name, User name and car you will be reppin if you are genuinely interested in this event.

Once dates are locked in, Payment in full for the whole weekend will be needed upfront to secure your spot.

Im really excited about this boys, so get behind it a support some grass roots no BS drift in NSW

3 Spots Remaining!!

Payment Details

Download the Entry form frome here : http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/events/raleigh.xls

Please fill it out by only filling in the area shown here, the costs will be worked out automatically for you...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/397452.jpg

Email the filled out spreadsheet to spiriteddrive@hotmail.com. If you don't have excel, provide the information above in an email to spiriteddrive@hotmail.com

You will then get an email back with payment details, until payment in full has been received your spot will not be confirmed.

EVENT INFO

Circuit Details
Raleigh International Raceway, Valery Road, Raleigh NSW Clockwise Bitumen Surface 1050 Metres

Gate Fee: $10.00 per person [over 10 yrs of age] Passengers: $20.00
Drivers who are entering the event are not required to pay the gate fee.

Entry Forms
Must be submitted before the event.

Indemnity Forms
All drivers and passengers and pit crew must sign the Raleigh Raceway Indemnity Form before entering track area each day Drivers Briefing All drivers are required to attend the Drivers Briefing at 8.30 am on the Grid area.
- Passengers would find this beneficial.

Timetable
The Timetable may be varied or altered at the Promoters discretion, all drivers will be notified if this is the case.

Gates - 7am
Scrutineering – from 7am
Driver brief – 08:30 Compulsory!!
Driving starts at 9am
Finishes at 5pm.

Passengers
-All passengers must complete the disclaimer before taking part in the activity.
-There is no Personal Accident Insurance available for passengers.
-There must be a pre-determined signal for each passenger to call of the run
-No passengers in Tandem Drift Competition
-The manner in which the activity is going to be conducted must be clearly explained
-All passengers must have an opportunity to ask questions.
-Passenger to be 16 years or over
-Clothing – same as drivers

Scrutiny
Scrutineering Session from 7.00 am All cars must be scrutineered and passed prior to participating in practice or competition. Scrutineering Form to be filled out by drivers. Competition Ready, all loose items are to be removed from the car, helmets in car

Alcohol
During any event, consumption of alcoholic beverages in the paddock, pits or any other portion of the competition venue under the control of the officials is expressly forbidden.

Vehicle Breakdown
- Vehicles should have a tow ball fitted to minimize damage to their car
- No persons shall be allowed on the track to assist with their car unless
-Approved to do so by a Raleigh Raceway official
- Do not attempt to repair the car; your car will be recovered as soon as possible
- Leave the vehicle and move behind a tyre barrier only when it is safe to do so

Safety Requirements
- - - - - - - - -
*Towball/Hooks and Fire Extinguishers required
*HELMETS that comply with AS1698 and carries markings to that effect
*Non-flammable clothing, includes cover from ankles to wrist to throat
*[Nylon or similar material is unacceptable
*Suitable covered footwear
*Safety Harnesses or Seat Belts must be complete units
*NOISE LEVEL allowed 94 dba at 10 metres
*Passenger restraints [if none - window up]
*NOTE: Tandem Drift require if there are 4 cars on the track, the last two cars are to maintain a distance of 200 meters from the first two

Car Requirements
- It is recommended that all cars have screamer pipes plumbed into their exhaust systems and a silencer fitted

Flags

Black Flag - Rules of the event are not being obeyed/mechanical default
Leave the Track and Report too official.

Yellow Flag - “CAUTION” all course yellow - indicates problem on track

Chequered Flag - Indicates session finished - Return to Paddock area via Pit Lane, slowly

RALEIGH RACEWAY ASK ALL DRIVERS/PIT CREW/PASSENGERS AND SPECTATORS TO LEAVE THE RACEWAY IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER POLICE ARE ADVISED OF THE DRIFT EVENTS AND SPONTANEOUSLY ARRIVE AT THE TRACK
THIS ACTION WILL ENSURE THE FUTURE OF DRIFT EVENTS THANK YOU

Gunner
3rd August 2012, 11:25 PM
Im in as crew, cause im no pit pig.

maxhag
3rd August 2012, 11:42 PM
Put me down Joel

JoJo - maxhag - AE86 SR20DET

Let me know when you want payment

sundee
4th August 2012, 12:36 AM
added boys

evil86
4th August 2012, 04:00 AM
i most be in if my car is ready fingers cross. pending dates

NIZLAH
4th August 2012, 10:06 AM
good shit, make this shit happen so it can happen again in future so I can come down when I've got my car ready.....

sundee
4th August 2012, 10:12 AM
Phuoc, what do you need to do to get your car ready?

ive gotta do a full engine rebuild by then, fit the 2 way, fit adj S13 castor rods because the monkey that owned it put S14 rods and i can only get 5' castor max!
fit some temp gauges, and a few other little things.... you can do it!

jay70
4th August 2012, 10:15 AM
this sounds so good, im down. jay/jay70/180sx

whats max numbers?

Matt
4th August 2012, 10:33 AM
25 i believe.. My only concern is fitting enough tyres in for the entire weekend...

jay70
4th August 2012, 10:40 AM
ah k. i thought that was just the minimum

keen for date so i can get time off work. also this might be pretty close to qld matsuri date

sundee
4th August 2012, 10:51 AM
added to the list Jay,
25 cars, thats is all.
if the dates clash with QLD matsuri i don't really mind, pretty sure not many sydney siders got a look in.

Gunner
4th August 2012, 11:01 AM
If anyone needs a hand getting cars ready let me know, or even if youre a bit sketchy on whether its up to scratch, I can do a pre scrut check so theres no nasty surprises when we get there.

jay70
4th August 2012, 11:13 AM
yeah i gave up on matsuri entry.

thats going to be a lot of track time. pumped as now haha

meadan
4th August 2012, 12:00 PM
oh yeah.

Is that $100 a day, or for the whole weekend?

sundee
4th August 2012, 12:32 PM
It's $110/ day

meadan
4th August 2012, 12:54 PM
cool.

Just so I know how many coins to expect to take out of the piggy bank

sundee
4th August 2012, 01:52 PM
haha funny boy ;)

Rice86
5th August 2012, 10:41 AM
1. Sundee86 (me) Joel (S13)
2. Andrew (180sx)
3. Tim (180sx)
4. Meadan, Adan (ae86)
5. Maxhag, JoJo (ae86)
6. Matt, Matt (ae71)
7. Jay70, Jay (180sx)
8. Rice86, Richard (AE86)

Helpers/pit pigs:

1. Gunner, Rhys

sundee
5th August 2012, 10:35 PM
very helpful ;)

Jacobxxx
5th August 2012, 10:36 PM
Will be there pending date

dat12c
5th August 2012, 11:48 PM
Yep I'm in with my ae71, will have another driver aswell. Keen for dates too

sundee
6th August 2012, 10:31 AM
Will be there pending date

Will have dates confirmed this week.

Yep I'm in with my ae71, will have another driver aswell. Keen for dates too

No worries, just need some names if you would like to be added to the list.
Just so you know cost of the event is / Driver
so you will have 2 entries.

ToySprinta
6th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Toysprinta
Steve
AE86

4AGENT
6th August 2012, 06:35 PM
In depending on date of completion of car and event date.

hollywood89
6th August 2012, 10:45 PM
sorry guys i know it says drift fest, but will there be any opportunities for grip?

im a noob drifter atm (ive only owned a front wheel driver daily tracker previously)...now with the 180 its a hole new ball game/learning curve!

if not i'll be in to spectate and help out as pit crew if needed...

Rice86
7th August 2012, 09:16 AM
Hey Nick

come out with the 180 and bring stockies or something, this WILL be the best time to start learning

you'll be kicking yourself at the event if you dont..

im no pro or not even average at drifting but plenty of experienced guys that will be more then happy to help and guide you in the right direction..

Gunner
7th August 2012, 09:49 AM
Exactly, thats the point of events like this, get out there, have some fun amd learn a fuckload. Even if you dont try and pull angles until the last hour of the last day, just get out there and have some fun.

hollywood89
7th August 2012, 10:23 AM
yeah spose it s a good opportunity to learn with an open minded group...

will definately need to get new tyres though - soo rooted atm!

don't count me in just yet...i'll give her a good check this weekend - see ive got any secret problems the previous owner left me with!

maxhag
7th August 2012, 11:07 AM
Exactly, thats the point of events like this, get out there, have some fun amd learn a fuckload. Even if you dont try and pull angles until the last hour of the last day, just get out there and have some fun.

^^ +1

Matt
7th August 2012, 11:38 AM
Exactly, plus it'll be good to show the QLDers who make the effort to come down how to drive....

jakel
7th August 2012, 12:21 PM
I Will defiantly be interested in this, I also just need to know the dates as I am hoping it's towards the end of the month when I get my license back, haha or ill have to find someone who wants to drive all that way. I'll also be at QR matsuri and hope the tyre damage isn't too bad with the 1UZ :)

jay70
7th August 2012, 01:21 PM
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=517966&st=0

this isn't the same thing is it?

Rice86
7th August 2012, 01:25 PM
no because that is organized by different people

this event on this forum is organized by Joel..and im assuming for members of this forum as first priority

copied and paste

" if we get 40 drivers we will run 4 groups of 10 drivers, 30 minute sessions. 2 hours and every one has had a session. you should easily get 15 laps in during a session."

LOL what a joke!

maxhag
7th August 2012, 04:03 PM
Ours will be better :P

Matt
7th August 2012, 04:33 PM
Waaaay better value for money through Joel... I'm sure we'll also be adults about the queing and give everyone a fair go.

jay70
7th August 2012, 05:03 PM
yeah i didnt read it lol. should be pretty sweet if we can just have one group and a queue

evil86
7th August 2012, 06:52 PM
you can do it nick. it'd be good to catch up again

sundee
7th August 2012, 07:31 PM
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=517966&st=0

this isn't the same thing is it?

Hahah .. That guys making some coin off that i bet, hence why he wants 40 + cars... from the horses mouth.. 40 cars at Raleigh is just BS and far 2 many for any kind of fun.

Toysprinta
Steve
AE86

added!

sorry guys i know it says drift fest, but will there be any opportunities for grip?

im a noob drifter atm (ive only owned a front wheel driver daily tracker previously)...now with the 180 its a hole new ball game/learning curve!

if not i'll be in to spectate and help out as pit crew if needed...

Mate, i couldn't encourage you more to get out there and have some fun, no one cares if you spin out all day and get the hand of it on your last lap! its all about having fun, learning some, and having a good weekend.

dat12c
7th August 2012, 07:39 PM
Will have dates confirmed this week.

No worries, just need some names if you would like to be added to the list.
Just so you know cost of the event is / Driver
so you will have 2 entries.

Yeah it's Tevin Narain and James Rielly

sundee
7th August 2012, 08:41 PM
no worries, added, thats in a 71?

sxg01d
8th August 2012, 12:17 AM
Put me and my Soarer down !

dat12c
8th August 2012, 12:41 AM
no worries, added, thats in a 71?

Yep that's right.
Got a mate interested as well sharing a 180 with his brother Michael and Chris Boyd. He's in the process of making an account just ensuring he gets a spot

maxhag
8th August 2012, 01:08 AM
I think it is important to highlight the fact that if we are having 'others' join this club event, thats cool, but it has to be made clear to these people of the 'behavior' standards and running this event to this clubs rules. The aims, goals and efforts of a good group of people, trying to make something work so like minded people can enjoy themselves without having to deal with bullshit and intimidation....

Gunner
8th August 2012, 05:39 AM
And if anyone gets outta line, I have a big tub of vaso

Matt
8th August 2012, 06:53 AM
I'm sure it'll be ok... To me having these ground rules makes the event more appealing.

mr180
8th August 2012, 01:55 PM
Can you put me an mu brother down Michael and Chris Boyd will be driving a 180sx . Dat12c only said my an my bro name because I was waiting for my account to get activated.

Rice86
8th August 2012, 02:11 PM
lol did all you Nissan drivers just joined the forum to attend an epic drift day?? again..toyota doing it right =p...*even if Joel has a nissan now*

meadan
8th August 2012, 02:27 PM
So,

Anyone know who I can hire a trailer off? Im hoping to find something a bit lighter than the typical 700kg servo trailer.
Im willing to pay normal hiring rates though, it would still be cheaper than the 6 hours of complaints from the missus if we drove the 86 up :P

sundee
8th August 2012, 06:20 PM
No BS or fully hektic attitude , big guy single man gangsta crap will be tolerated!

I will kik your ass to the kerb, and you will not get a refund! i cant stress this enough!

sooo... it looks like im gonna have to change the month, October is looking to be a mission, so im waiting for an answer for the 1st weekend in November, Nov 3rd and 4th.

let me know what you guys think and if it messes with your availability.

maxhag
8th August 2012, 06:38 PM
november is even better for me anyway.....

Rice86
8th August 2012, 07:06 PM
early November is still good for me, just not after Nov 30th

sundee
8th August 2012, 07:23 PM
they just dont like doing private bookings 2 weeks in a row... hmm ill have an answer tomorrow.

jay70
8th August 2012, 08:22 PM
november is good for me

Jacobxxx
8th August 2012, 09:00 PM
I am 100% in for early november

meadan
8th August 2012, 09:09 PM
should be good either way.

MoNsTaR
8th August 2012, 10:41 PM
Im super KEEEEEEN, sign me up. :D
name is james, car is Suzuki Cappuccino

t-nol
8th August 2012, 11:01 PM
I'm a bit tentative, also learning the sideways art. But sign me up.
t-nol Trent AE86

t-nol
8th August 2012, 11:03 PM
Also guys, i am in the position to offer used tyres (good condition) for around $15 each, it could be thought of as a semi-sponsor so to speak. Joel let me know if thats ok with you, and can get those keen to post interest, i have the green light my end from my company.

Matt
8th August 2012, 11:25 PM
Same... october is a full month for me.

Awesome on the tyres trent... will definately grab lots of them off you and take up. Also sounds like the other private booking may not be running.

Joel are you planning on running grip sessions for an hour or so here and there?

sundee
9th August 2012, 12:50 AM
everyone who has posted has been added to the list.

Trent, thats epic man, bring on the cheap tyres!
Matt - you got an inside word on that other booking?

re grip, for me im not really keen, but if guys express enough interest we can have a small grip sesh to keep the lads happy... lads... WTF :gah:

jakel
9th August 2012, 01:25 AM
I will be defiantly interested for November!!!!!!!!! I can't put enough explanation points on that I will have my license back by then and recover from the tyre cost of QR matsuri.

maxhag
9th August 2012, 01:46 AM
Pretty dissapointing at the minimal AE86 entries, or even AE/KE's, considering this is one of the top Australian AE86 clubs.......

Why is this so?

Jacobxxx
9th August 2012, 08:29 AM
Y u no put me on the list :(

Rice86
9th August 2012, 09:45 AM
Pretty dissapointing at the minimal AE86 entries, or even AE/KE's, considering this is one of the top Australian AE86 clubs.......

Why is this so?

people have the cars, some have it for genuine reasons and others are just jumping on the band wagon, and im guessing most people are in the "project" status.

now to be honest, this is the biggest KE forum in Australia as i see it, its sad since i thought it would be AE86 populated but it isn't and never has been i dont think. Not saying its a bad thing but im not keen to go to a meet up to see 50 KE's and 5 Ae86.. i am a AE86 fan after all.. same reason why i dont go to a JDMST meetup, good bunch of mix Japanese cars but not my thing and not interested..even if a Lexus LFA was there it still wouldn't be enough for me to get off my arse..

track days are different - your car must work.. again "project" cars dont do to well with this.

this forum may have the most members, but there's nothing going for the members..

What Joel is doing is possibly the first for NSW members.. i dont even recall anything happening on this forum at all

monthly meetup died years ago so you can see why we are where we are at now.

no offense to anyone, just saying

Gunner
9th August 2012, 10:36 AM
I think youre spot on richard, also the fact that the nsw scene has always been so divided doesnt help either.

ae8zn6
9th August 2012, 10:43 AM

Why is this so?

Sold my car a little too early :cries::cries::cries::cries::cries:

sundee
9th August 2012, 10:47 AM
Corollas empty pockets! but they alway refill them when your done with them ;)

sorry Jacob, you want in? What are you driving? ill add you.

Thanks richard, yeah the NSW scene is a bit divided, wanna try and bring it together...

there are alot of guys that have not expressed interested that i thought would, but ill be seeing them on the weekend.

blinded
9th August 2012, 11:50 AM
I would be there in a flash if it wasn't an >11hr drive.

Sounds like it is going to be a great weekend though! :)

maxhag
9th August 2012, 11:55 AM
I would be there in a flash if it wasn't an >11hr drive.

Sounds like it is going to be a great weekend though! :)

Come on dude, I am driving from Canberra!

jakel
9th August 2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah I know people driving to bris for QR matsuri from vic, and I'll be driving from Brisbane...

If it's defiantly November count me in, Jake T18, so not another ke70 or ae86! haha.

blinded
9th August 2012, 02:14 PM
Come on dude, I am driving from Canberra!

God damn peer pressure!

If it is going to be November for sure, I may be able to find out a way to make it. So keen to go, but it is just hard to find the time/effort to travel so far!

Count me in, pending date I'll be there.

Alex - 4AGTE KE70

jakel
9th August 2012, 03:06 PM
Actually isn't far from brissy only about 5-6 hours, 11 hour drive can be done in one day easy.

sundee
9th August 2012, 04:21 PM
Alex, im sure someone on here has a bachelor pad you can crash in in sydney to split up your trip....
dont want anyone dieing from fatigue on the way to or from this event.

Matt
9th August 2012, 04:48 PM
^^ Up to 4 ppl can crash at mine if needed....

sundee
9th August 2012, 07:37 PM
there you go..... easy

Sprinter Freak
9th August 2012, 07:57 PM
keen as on this, car should be finished by november. as long as the dates don't clash with something got organised ill be there.

ryan- ke70

blinded
9th August 2012, 09:53 PM
Matt, just out of interest, is there room at your place for me, the missus, and tow car + trailer?

If I can take you up on that offer for a place to crash on the way up/down that would be unreal!

Definitely going to be heading along now, so count me in on the list :)

slider4life
9th August 2012, 09:59 PM
hey guys if it november that is great
count me in pending on dates

slider4life - ae86

Jacobxxx
9th August 2012, 11:40 PM
KE70 :)

t-nol
10th August 2012, 01:49 AM
Need to know roughly what size tyres people are interested in if they need some, so i can hord them away from now till November. 14's, 15's 16's i'm guessing.

jakel
10th August 2012, 02:04 AM
I would be after 195/50 15's probably that and 185 wide 14's would be common for corollas, I would be interested in a few pairs if I don't end up getting a good deal on some new tyres locally.

meadan
10th August 2012, 06:38 AM
yeah 175 and 185 14s would be good

86JAP
10th August 2012, 07:31 AM
hey guys if it november that is great
count me in pending on dates

slider4life - ae86

slider4life- Shaun- ae86

Fixed :)

jay70
10th August 2012, 08:40 AM
195/60 15s for me please if any come up.

dat12c
10th August 2012, 07:09 PM
175/60 or 65 14s would be sick!

Jacobxxx
10th August 2012, 07:15 PM
ew 65 profile

175/60 or 185/55 14

t-nol
10th August 2012, 07:37 PM
I have about 30 aside now, mostly 15 inch i have, as almost no European cars have 14's. My advice is 15 inch rims as I can secure alot of those, probably have 5-6 pairs of 14's so far.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/1/3/7/397832.jpg

meadan
10th August 2012, 07:57 PM
awww shit! Thats awesome!

maxhag
10th August 2012, 09:24 PM
I can also supply some tyres offering the same deal as T-Nol.

I have more 14" than 15"s tho, if thats what people want.
I got heaps of 14's in 175/60 and 185/60.......... They are all used 'general' tyres with around 40% + tread.... Enough to skid....

Only problem, is I dont have heaps of room for transporting them, so It would have to be order only......

If you PM me with your request and will see what I can do.... First in, best dressed... Can even show you pics if you really want...

MoNsTaR
10th August 2012, 10:39 PM
any 165/55/15 or 165/60/15's?

maxhag
10th August 2012, 10:49 PM
got some 185/60/15 from memory, but will double check....

I have new stock coming in all the time, so I will keep an eye out for those sizes

Matt
10th August 2012, 11:11 PM
I really appreciate the support you guys have put behind this event with tyres....

maxhag
10th August 2012, 11:34 PM
The tyre fitter is gonna be pumped by the sounds of it..... lol

I have lots of 17's (and 18's) for the Nissan boys too....

sundee
11th August 2012, 01:25 AM
Holy crap have a go at those tyres!

205/50/16 for me please ;)

sundee
11th August 2012, 01:31 AM
Big day at WTA today, even more pumped for this event now!
WE just broke the 20 driver mark! 21 actually, great support guys! epic

maxhag
11th August 2012, 01:46 AM

Sorry Joel, I never get that size......

t-nol
11th August 2012, 05:26 PM

Ha ha ha thats the small pile of 80-90 % we will get, anything under 40% tread i can do for $5-$10.
I got 4 x 205/50/16 so far, but all different tyre brands.

blinded
11th August 2012, 05:56 PM
Joel, is this 100% going to be November or later?

If it is, I am definitely in. Just can't commit to October unfortunately :)

Add me to the list! Blinded - Alex - 4AGTE KE70

Matt
11th August 2012, 08:02 PM
I hope it's November a couple of extra weeks to get my shitter and tow rig ready

86JAP
12th August 2012, 02:38 PM
Hey Joel is this limited to 25 drivers or 25 cars?? I noticed spots 10,11 and 15,16 are taken buy 2 drivers but only one car..

sundee
12th August 2012, 03:07 PM
hmmm well your kinda poking at a loop hole there.... i need 25 "drivers" for this to go ahead....

86JAP
12th August 2012, 03:58 PM
Haha maybe just make it 25 drivers minimum??

jakel
12th August 2012, 04:39 PM
I'd rather 25 max :)

Matt
12th August 2012, 04:44 PM
Offering 25 spots to me says it is 25 min and 25 max...

Getting excited about this, only thing i'm not sure about is what car i'll be driving....

meadan
12th August 2012, 05:11 PM
yeah id say 25 means we need at least 25 to make this happen, and can only allow a max of 25....

Is your ke70 ready matt? Id say take that!

Matt
12th August 2012, 05:15 PM
ke70 is with a new owner now... but my ae71 will be rocking a 7age 20v though i might put it into the ae86 for the day

meadan
12th August 2012, 06:14 PM
ahh you dont muck around!

Cant wait to find out dates and book annual leave!

jakel
12th August 2012, 06:40 PM
Edit: 25 sounds like a good number for the price although QR matsuri is 200 but bigger track than this one I think?

Jacobxxx
12th August 2012, 07:49 PM
plus 4 tracks vs 1

jakel
12th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Oh yeah, haha. Wasn't it 5 tracks this year short track, pan, 2x on big track and one other one?

MoNsTaR
12th August 2012, 08:20 PM
2 of my mates are keen as to join,
Keegan shepherd in a ke70
and shane neale in a toyota chaser
put them on the list please :D

jay70
12th August 2012, 09:10 PM
can we camp on friday or is it saturday and sunday night?

meadan
12th August 2012, 10:11 PM
Id say it would be friday/saturday night?

Matt
12th August 2012, 10:34 PM
How do we pay joel?

sundee
13th August 2012, 03:06 AM
I'll organize payments as soon as I get a confirmation from Raleigh .
Payment will be via bank deposit to me.

Camping ATM is just Saturday night, but I've asked for Friday, and that's another thing I'm waiting on. So darn slow!

maxhag
13th August 2012, 04:54 AM
they are not strict on that stuff like other tracks.... They should be fine with the camping. You can camp for 3 days if you want in their own drift series...... Once you meet the owners, you will see how good they are :)

jakel
13th August 2012, 08:41 AM
That sounds even better! I would like to camp for the whole weekend and drive home on monday. If it's definantly going to be November or later let me know how you want to be paid.

blinded
13th August 2012, 09:51 AM
I was also hoping to be able to camp Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as well, so hopefully they don't have issues there!

Just a couple of quick questions, what is a "certified" helmet? I need to buy one, but don't want to get the wrong type of thing obviously :)

And also, where is the nearest servo/place to get fuel once we are at the track?

jakel
13th August 2012, 10:03 AM
I'd say just a aus approved one but if you have a cams or whatever would be alright I would think? But can get them cheap on ebay if you don't have one at all just an open face one or something, I wouldn't mind buying an open face one for track days I find it's a bit easier to see out of.

sundee
13th August 2012, 12:04 PM
Ok so I'll oRganise camping for Friday , Saturday and Sunday
Helmets need to be min AS1698 which is the ADR standard, has a red/silver sticker with 3 or 4 ticks.
Can be had from any motorbike shop etc. eBay is fine 2 just check the standard before buying.

sundee
13th August 2012, 01:54 PM
ok CAmping has been confirmed for the 3 days, friday night saturday and sunday....
cost for non drivers is $10 /night
drivers should only be an Extra $10 for the friday, but i just need to speak to the boss ( as apposed to the office lady ) to confirm all the prices for us.
i am hoping for a confirmation for november 3 - 4 today.... fingers crossed.

jakel
13th August 2012, 02:09 PM
Sounds good to me :)

maxhag
13th August 2012, 05:55 PM
I was also hoping to be able to camp Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as well, so hopefully they don't have issues there!

Just a couple of quick questions, what is a "certified" helmet? I need to buy one, but don't want to get the wrong type of thing obviously :)

And also, where is the nearest servo/place to get fuel once we are at the track?

Take fuel with you.... Nearest fuel is a 40 min drive.....

jakel
14th August 2012, 01:22 AM
I thought coffs was only 15 minutes away? surely there would be heaps of servos there?

maxhag
14th August 2012, 02:40 AM
40 min round trip I meant...... Coffs is about 20 minutes away

86JAP
14th August 2012, 10:20 AM
Urunga is a bit closer and they hav a BP not sure if they carry ultimate tho, id recommend taking a couple of jerry cans..

meadan
14th August 2012, 11:30 AM
looking forward to confirmation of the dates so I can put in annual leave :)

this will be an awesome weekend!

Rice86
14th August 2012, 12:51 PM
I'm starting to freak out a bit as I don't have many skid rims besides a set of oem 13" sprinter wheels with tyres that shouldn't last any longer then a few laps of clutch kicking.

How many sets of wheels and tyres everyone planning to bring?

sundee
14th August 2012, 12:52 PM
im looking foward to confirmation aswell.
just so you guys know, as soon as dates are confirmed, i will post payment details.
Ill also upload a small entry form so i have everyones details etc.
Note - if you havent payed your EOI will not be valid and your spot will be up for grab's.
it will be 1st in best dressed, your position will not be held for you.
(just to make it all perfectly clear)
Also, once payement has been made there will be no refunds, so get your Crap together and have your rig ready to skid atleast 1 week before the weekend.

sundee
14th August 2012, 12:55 PM
richard is your 86 NA or turbo?

NA you could get away with a 1 new set maybe 2 per day if you going nuts!
put up a wanted post and troll ebay.
What rim sizes do you need?

jakel
14th August 2012, 01:41 PM
I want to bring at least 8 pairs with new tyres on them. But I still haven't driven my car yet so I have no idea of how quick it will go through tyres.

Gunner
14th August 2012, 01:41 PM
Got a pair of bare 14 steelies here off the cressy, more than welcome.to borrow them richard

meadan
14th August 2012, 01:52 PM
Im planning to bring a set of stock 13s (need to make sure they fit ok first), a pair of 14s and if I run out Ill kill whatever is left of my 15" street tires...

With my previous setup I could do the majority of a night on the peanut (8 or so runs) with one pair of reasonable tires, provided the outside one didnt delaminate too quickly...just to give a rough idea richard

86JAP
14th August 2012, 02:54 PM
To give you guys an idea of tyre usage a SR20 AE86 goes through 4 pairs of brand new tyres, that includes a 2 hr practice session and a full day. That is with 35+ cars getting track time so with a limit of 25 for this event id estimate an extra 2 pairs for the weekend.

Rice86
14th August 2012, 02:57 PM
that sounds like a good plan Adan, thanks all for offer and info

might consider buying some rotas or sportmaxx now as skidders or something, have 2months and a bit to sort it out =D

blinded
14th August 2012, 03:21 PM
40 min round trip I meant...... Coffs is about 20 minutes away

That's not too bad though. I will take some with me, but I don't know how thirsty the GTE will be, so I at least now know that there is fuel reasonably close by.

I so far have my set of watanabes with 4 new tires to take, then what ever else I can find in between now and then!

sundee
14th August 2012, 03:46 PM
ill probably take 3 pairs/ day for my S13, motor is standard except for a bit more boost.
can get brand new 205 50 16 for $65 each. so cheaper for 15's and 14's

jay70
14th August 2012, 04:23 PM
Will tyre fitter have a blaster?

sundee
14th August 2012, 08:10 PM
What can of start ya bastard etc and a lighter.
Easy.

Jacobxxx
14th August 2012, 09:48 PM
Raleigh chews through tyre guys.

jakel
15th August 2012, 01:27 AM
I got told its like a bigger archy?

maxhag
15th August 2012, 03:48 AM
Raleigh chews through tyre guys.

I DONT agree with that jacob........ Cause it's a go-kart track, it gets that slippery shiney layer on the track, plenty of wheelspin, but not heaps of wear........ Well not with light AE86's anyway...

phil
15th August 2012, 07:57 AM
I'm in. Can you please put me on the list

Phil- ke70

Any closer on the dates yet?
Cheers

stx-16
15th August 2012, 10:03 AM
yep im 100% in

stx-16
15th August 2012, 10:15 AM
I got told its like a bigger archy?

yeah jake way better then archy like 3 times the size but smashes tyres

my na r31 used 7 pairs of 50% tread tyres

jakel
15th August 2012, 01:15 PM
damn might have to get more for then.

Rice86
15th August 2012, 01:32 PM
EDIT.. found answer on first page lol

dbr11k
15th August 2012, 10:11 PM
hmmm, october hey?

get me that diff joel !! i think i could nearly make this..

sundee
15th August 2012, 10:19 PM
Alright Bro's and hoe's we have reached the magical 25 driver mark!
nice work for something that doesnt even have a date yet... haha
I am calling again tomorrow to try and get a confirmation out of them... the issue is they dont want to close the track 2 weekends in a row, so its all just clashing, im trying my best to make them break the rules just this once.
i think ill win this one ;)

evil86
15th August 2012, 11:16 PM
any chance of sharing cars JOEL? my car might be ready for NOV, but its already max 25 so if anyone pulls out let me know.
and also, can we have open face helmets with the Australia Standard sticker?

sundee
15th August 2012, 11:47 PM
yeah man open faced is fine, just has to meet the standards.
sharing cars is fine, but the cost is / driver. not / car.

maxhag
16th August 2012, 12:55 AM
Alright Bro's and hoe's we have reached the magical 25 driver mark!
nice work for something that doesnt even have a date yet... haha
I am calling again tomorrow to try and get a confirmation out of them... the issue is they dont want to close the track 2 weekends in a row, so its all just clashing, im trying my best to make them break the rules just this once.
i think ill win this one ;)

Now lets just see who is serious and actually pays...... I doubt that this will happen as quick as people put their name down.....

Lets see......

dbr11k
16th August 2012, 12:58 AM
Joel..... just stick it on my tab lol.

sundee
16th August 2012, 01:30 AM
Now lets just see who is serious and actually pays...... I doubt that this will happen as quick as people put their name down.....

Lets see......

if they don't im not holding their spot. simple as that.

Joel..... just stick it on my tab lol.

hahah yes... the tab ;)

jakel
16th August 2012, 10:48 AM
Seems to be enough interest to sort out people like that, I am way to keen to stuff you around like that, haha. New tracks new adventures? haha.

Rice86
16th August 2012, 12:28 PM
my money is good to go by next Thursday (payday) so no need to worry about my spot =D

Matt
16th August 2012, 12:49 PM
If your name is on the list you have to either pay up or find someone else to take the spot as far as i'm concerned...

70rolla
16th August 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm down

sundee
16th August 2012, 02:16 PM
Tyler with the late dib... Wondering when you shire blokes were going to catch on.

70rolla
17th August 2012, 08:39 AM
Haha patience is a virtue

MoNsTaR
17th August 2012, 07:59 PM
soooooo.... how do i pay?

Matt
18th August 2012, 10:30 AM
Payment details will be provided shortly... Joel is in the final stages of locking in the date / camping arrangements.

sundee
19th August 2012, 12:54 PM
November 3 & 4 have been confirmed!!!

Will organise payments in the next day or 2

meadan
19th August 2012, 01:26 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbr11k
19th August 2012, 04:42 PM
yaaaay!!

did they let you know about passengers ?

maxhag
19th August 2012, 07:00 PM
werd..... Payment waiting......

Sprinter Freak
19th August 2012, 09:12 PM
keen:) also interested to hear whats the go with passengers

stx-16
20th August 2012, 09:34 AM
yeeesssss

t-nol
20th August 2012, 10:14 PM
Nice work Joel.
I also have about 150 tyres ready..... enough ?

meadan
21st August 2012, 08:11 AM
haha thats heaps!

Did you want us to tell you what we want and come pay/pick them up so you dont need to carry them?
Or I can probably help haul a bunch of them up there for you in the back of the ute...

Rice86
21st August 2012, 09:40 AM
LOL Trent.. can we just start ripping skids now with them? probably wont even get through half of them before this event..

ToySprinta
21st August 2012, 02:42 PM
Passengers are allowed at their regular days

t-nol
21st August 2012, 03:27 PM
OK, well best way is for people to put down sizes that they want and either pick them up, or i can deliver for a delivery fee depending on where. These are for good tyres 70-80%, at $15 each, any size.
Can i have it as a registered interest like the drift day, with names and sizes please. Don't screw me guys, i like to help, but not waste my time, if you want them you will get them if not no worries, just don't ask for them. I will advise if i don't have as i sort through them

User Name Size Quantity

1) T-nol trent 185/50/14 2 pairs

sundee
21st August 2012, 04:17 PM
Ok im still working, will post up all details tonight
Passengers are allowed, they need to wear the same as the driver including helmet.
Cost is $20/ day for passengers .
Everyone will have wrist bands etc and they will be checked.

Trent I'll take some tyres

Sundee86 , 205/50/16, 8 tyres

I'm guessing they are not matched?
Might take some more to keep at home, let me know how many you have in this size man.

Appreciate the hard yards man, cheap tyres win!

meadan
21st August 2012, 06:25 PM
User Name Size Quantity

1) T-nol, trent, 185/50/14, 2 pairs
2) Sundee86 , 205/50/16, 8 tyres
3) Meadan, Adan, 185/60/14, 2 pairs

phil
21st August 2012, 06:58 PM
Any chance of some 195/45r16's? I'll take 4 pairs if so..

sundee
21st August 2012, 10:11 PM
ahh im done for the night, trying to do an entry form, i hate word, excel/ all those stupid office programs... bahh goodnight

meadan
21st August 2012, 10:45 PM
all good, plenty of time to sort it out.

Ive booked annual leave for this as of today too, pretty pumped!

Matt
21st August 2012, 10:49 PM
I can do one that ppl agree to on here if you want Joel, just need a day or so to knock it up. Give me a week and it'll accept payments too

jakel
22nd August 2012, 01:34 AM
I may require 10x 195/50 15 if you can get that many with still good tread, I am just waiting for local tyre shop to get back to me on a price for new tyres so ill post back here when I find out.

stx-16
22nd August 2012, 09:20 AM
Cost is $20/ day for passengers .

why so much?
iv driven that same track about 4 times and never had to pay for passengers just sign a form

Rice86
22nd August 2012, 09:50 AM
All I know is $20 is cheaper then $50 like ALL other track day/drift events.. Way more reasonable at that price

Track owners maybe want passengers to pay? Need money to cover passenger injuries too if it does happen right?

stx-16
22nd August 2012, 10:08 AM
iv never been to a track where they charge for passengers
other then winton

ToySprinta
22nd August 2012, 10:51 AM
Funny that, every track I've been to have required passengers to pay...

Gunner
22nd August 2012, 12:35 PM
Same here, its iust to cover insurance if something should happen.

maxhag
22nd August 2012, 02:15 PM
iv never been to a track where they charge for passengers
other then winton

Insurance ain't free...........

sundee
22nd August 2012, 03:14 PM
why so much?
iv driven that same track about 4 times and never had to pay for passengers just sign a form

Really its $20.
maybe its a new thing, but its the price.

jakel
22nd August 2012, 03:57 PM
Really if they didn't have to pay it they would just sneak it into the driver costs.

sundee
22nd August 2012, 07:06 PM
ill also note, anyone caught trying to avoid this minimal passenger fee which is more then fair, will be kicked out, and the cars driver aswell!

dbr11k
22nd August 2012, 10:55 PM
yea its $20.... some roller coaster rides cost more than that and don't give you half the rush.

1) T-nol, trent, 185/50/14, 2 pairs
2) Sundee86 , 205/50/16, 8 tyres
3) Meadan, Adan, 185/60/14, 2 pairs
4) Dbr11k, Dion, 185/50/15, 3-4 pairs

sundee
22nd August 2012, 11:23 PM
Wtf! 185's! 205's with that power

dbr11k
23rd August 2012, 12:12 AM
haha yea yea i know.. i'll only be running 10psi. im going order a few pair of new treads anyways, so i guess i betta go 205

Rice86
23rd August 2012, 09:11 AM
Hey Joel..

bank details not showing on first page, assuming your still getting it all together before we can start paying?

stx-16
23rd August 2012, 09:33 AM
wooooooowwwwww everyone chillout
haha i dont really care as i wont be paying it haha

sundee
23rd August 2012, 11:37 AM
^ flamage was well on the cards for that comment

Richard, no details up yet, just tying up a few loose ends, and then they will be up with the entree form

t-nol
24th August 2012, 06:30 PM
OK quick count of first stash available (each tyre not pair):

185/60/14 - 7
195/60/14 - 2

185/55/15 - 4
195/50/15 - 4
195/55/15 - 10
195/60/15 - 9

195/50/16 - 6
205/55/16 - 9

dbr11k
25th August 2012, 12:14 AM
shot gun the 195/50/15's ?

t-nol
25th August 2012, 02:53 PM
Won't be an issue, pretty much double those quantity's today, going through the next batch i had. We wreck 15-30 cars a day, and we're 2 months out from the Drift day, pretty sure we'll be sweet for tyres boys. lol.

Joel are those 16 any good for you? Also have a pair of the 205/50/16's you want, in todays batch.

sundee
25th August 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm a picky bastard, if you can get 50 profile I'd love ya, like you said, still 2 months to go

Jacobxxx
27th August 2012, 07:42 PM
185/55/14 plz

t-nol
27th August 2012, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately i doubt i'd get those through. You can't slip into a 60 profile?

jakel
28th August 2012, 01:34 AM
He is just being a picky bastard.

maxhag
28th August 2012, 02:47 AM
185/55/14 plz

I have heaps in 60 profile if you want them......

sundee
28th August 2012, 10:42 AM
Looking to have entree form and payment details up by the weeks end guys. So have your pennies ready...
Also most of you have Microsoft excel right??

Rice86
28th August 2012, 12:49 PM
Looking to have entree form and payment details up by the weeks end guys. So have your pennies ready...
Also most of you have Microsoft excel right??

at work yes

at home no, games and porno only

jakel
28th August 2012, 01:07 PM
I don't have access to it at all.

sundee
28th August 2012, 03:01 PM
Hmm scanners and printers?

dbr11k
28th August 2012, 03:30 PM
No. but that's what utorrent is for right?

jakel
28th August 2012, 04:11 PM
I've got a printer no scanner though.

jay70
28th August 2012, 06:36 PM
Can we just do bank deposit. I'm away for work for a few weeks

sundee
28th August 2012, 08:29 PM
It's not about the money's, it's just the entry form.

meadan
28th August 2012, 08:35 PM
Why not just take a screenshot and put it up as a picture file, then we can just edit and fill it out in paint...

Youd think everyone would have some kind of excel type program if theyre on here though....

Matt
28th August 2012, 08:50 PM
Let's not over complicate it... If you have excel download the file and fill it out, otherwise just reply here and I'll fill it out for you and get a screen grab to you.

I will upload it by the weekend.

dbr11k
28th August 2012, 11:07 PM
Utorrent, pirate bay, sold.

evil86
28th August 2012, 11:22 PM
any spots left Joel, I'll push to finish my car as November gives me enough time

sundee
29th August 2012, 10:48 AM
There is a waiting list ATM, you would be 2nd on it, but I'm expecting a few guys will drop out... Always happens.
So get that car running ! If you need a hand I'm sure a few of us can come give you a hand ( ehh emm ..shout lunch... what?)

70rolla
29th August 2012, 11:18 AM
Am I on it?

Matt
29th August 2012, 11:26 AM
22. Keegan (ke70)
23. Shane (Chasser)
24. Phil, Phil (Ke70)
25. Stx-16, Sam (R31)
26. 70rola, Tyler (ke70)

On the main list not the wait....

Matt
29th August 2012, 11:47 AM
Entry form is now available..

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/events/raleigh.xls

Please fill it out by only filling in the area shown here, the costs will be worked out automatically for you...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/397452.jpg

Once completed email to spiriteddrive@hotmail.com

jay70
29th August 2012, 02:31 PM
Yay. When do you need this by? I'm in the middle of nowhere for work and don't have access to a computer til Sunday. Or can I just email the details in?

jay70
29th August 2012, 02:35 PM
Also I can't open the excel file so I don't know if this is covered but can I pay by bank deposit. Don't have a credit card

Rice86
29th August 2012, 02:42 PM
Done and dusted,

entry form sent and money sent to your bank

Rice86
29th August 2012, 02:46 PM
Also I can't open the excel file so I don't know if this is covered but can I pay by bank deposit. Don't have a credit card

This is what the form looks like in Excel

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/3/1/399841.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/46525369.jpg/)

the price will be shown if you open it via Excel..

but in simple term, its $220 for yourself for the 2 days, no passengers, no spectator, no Friday Night Camping

sundee
29th August 2012, 04:22 PM

Payment is via Bank deposit only.

If you dont have Excel... email me all your info, ill get the file attached as a PDF as well for you guys that dont have Excel.
Email me all the info requested on the entry form and ill fill it out for you.

DONT email me any info untill you have made the payement.

Cheers

sundee
29th August 2012, 04:23 PM
Once i have received your entry form and payment ill not it next to your names on the 1st page so you know its been recieved.

jay70
29th August 2012, 05:06 PM
Ok sweet as. Paid and emailed

maxhag
29th August 2012, 07:03 PM
Where are the bank details?

maxhag
29th August 2012, 07:07 PM
ok, found it.....

Entry form and payment sent :)

dbr11k
29th August 2012, 07:13 PM
Dammit! Can't find a computer with excel :(

sundee
29th August 2012, 08:34 PM
Dammit! Can't find a computer with excel :(

PM me detail that are needed on the form.

Matt
29th August 2012, 11:16 PM
The next one will be a link online here... I'm about 70% through writing it and just need to pretty it up and save it etc...

jay70
30th August 2012, 02:20 AM
The next one will be a link online here... I'm about 70% through writing it and just need to pretty it up and save it etc...
You over complicating it hey bruz. Just bank details and.email work sweet

A lso I'm camping Friday getting crunk so yee .also drink (:

A

evil86
30th August 2012, 08:22 AM
progess is already starting on the car so dont you worry joel. only thing im worried about it not being on that list:)

meadan
30th August 2012, 08:46 AM
Money transferred and entry for emailed :)

Now to sort out the car and find a trailer!

sundee
30th August 2012, 06:30 PM
1st post updated with moneys received... if "PAYED" is not next to your name, i havent received your "PAYMENT".

maxhag
30th August 2012, 06:36 PM
1st post updated with moneys received... if "PAYED" is not next to your name, i havent received your deposit.

Deposit???

Arn't people supposed to pay the FULL amount??????

I have anyway, but it seems it has not yet reached your account Joel...

Matt
30th August 2012, 06:46 PM
deposit as in money transfer / complete amount.

sundee
30th August 2012, 07:32 PM
Deposit???

Arn't people supposed to pay the FULL amount??????

I have anyway, but it seems it has not yet reached your account Joel...

Dohh geee, Edited... very much confusion

yeah jojo, some banks take a few days, im sure ill see it tomorrow

evil86
31st August 2012, 12:30 AM
you forgot my name on the list Joel...:(

jakel
31st August 2012, 01:28 AM
How much extra for camping on friday and/or sunday as well? If anyone else will be camping those days?

meadan
31st August 2012, 06:36 AM
Its on the first page..

saturday and sunday with the entry price, friday an extra $10

jakel
31st August 2012, 12:38 PM
If I end up bringing an extra person they can just pay on the day? I mean someone to watch not another driver that would also be camping on friday night.

Rice86
31st August 2012, 01:28 PM
If I end up bringing an extra person they can just pay on the day? I mean someone to watch not another driver that would also be camping on friday night.

agree

is it ok for spectators/+1 camper to pay on the day?

jakel
31st August 2012, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't say it would be a problem I just wanted to know if we had to prepay for that.

jay70
31st August 2012, 01:37 PM
How much extra for camping on friday and/or sunday as well? If anyone else will be camping those days?

I'm driving down Friday, you got any room on your trailer for a couple spares bud?

jakel
31st August 2012, 01:46 PM
Maybe ill be bringing at least 8 pair wheels, but worst case I can just chuck them in the car itself or in the back of my car.

sundee
31st August 2012, 02:21 PM
Spectators can pay on the day,
But as mentioned, spectators will be spectators, not passengers.
Spectators need to pay for each day and night respectively.

So $10/ night camping
And $10/ day spectator fee.

Sprinter Freak
1st September 2012, 09:16 PM
is it possible to pay for passengers on the day? just cause got some mate keen to come passenger but their not 100% yet.

sundee
2nd September 2012, 04:18 AM
mentioned just above... its fine for passengers and spectators to pay on the day.

maxhag
2nd September 2012, 07:22 AM
still havent received my payment? You should have it by now...