PDA

View Full Version : Signature swaybars - new product

AJPS
16th August 2012, 05:03 PM
Howdy all

after some trial and error, R and D and trying many different swaybar compromises I have settled on something I am happy with - size and quality wise.

Since whiteline went off shore and keeping with my Australia made ethos I chose to go with Signature Swaybars.

They ticked all the boxes for me

Quality product
Made in my sizes
Super pro bushes (on the rear the correct bush is sent - ke70 or ae86 - whiteline only comes with ae86 bush)

I have found that 22mm front and 16mm rear work well with corollas.

They dont 'over bar' the car and make it progressive and more neutral with the smaller rear bar.

They come in factory black (cannot be defected for)
Aust made
22mm front and 16mm rear (new material is 30% stronger) - *other sizes available on request but I think these are the best compromise
Light
No issues with the front bar and limiting lock like some

Prices $230 front and $220 rear + shipping

Let me know if anyone is interested

Already supplied a few sets to happy customers on here

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5751/signatureswaybars1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/signatureswaybars1.jpg/)

Delazy
16th August 2012, 07:25 PM
Good to see you continue working with and supporting Australian brands..seems the goods however

AJPS
16th August 2012, 07:59 PM
thanks Lazy - I am very confident in these swaybars and I really want people to support australian jobs

I dont want to go over the same rhetoric and I understand some stuff is better imported but where possible chose the australian option

for after sales service, and someone you know - retains a job....

R&D Mechanical
23rd August 2012, 10:26 AM
Australian products for the win i say! Good work Dave, much understeer with the big front sway bar? Which is this setup more suited to grip or drift? Or in the middle?

PS saw both your runs last night at the skid pan looking area haha was awesome and you got many cheers! I think mum got a video of them too :)

ke_70
23rd August 2012, 11:16 AM
adjustable option?

AJPS
27th August 2012, 03:57 PM
Australian products for the win i say! Good work Dave, much understeer with the big front sway bar? Which is this setup more suited to grip or drift? Or in the middle?

PS saw both your runs last night at the skid pan looking area haha was awesome and you got many cheers! I think mum got a video of them too :)

howdy mate

its only 1mm bigger than stock, and with the fresh metal it a good difference without over barring the car, definitely doesnt add understeer like some of the 24mm + swaybars - as long as your set up works together it will be fine....

ah thats awesome, hopefully one day with both have new 86s to do it in!

adjustable option?

Not at this stage no.

On the front there is complications with lock

drift kid
3rd September 2012, 07:17 PM
so how do these go for lock vs the whiteline, because my 10's hit on the swaybar before i can reach full lock with standard knuckles

AJPS
4th September 2012, 09:10 PM
do you have a whiteline adjustable or non adjustable?

drift kid
4th September 2012, 09:41 PM
adjustable, does this make a difference?

AJPS
4th September 2012, 10:05 PM
yes, these bars will allow FULL lock

they follow the lines of the stock bar, pm me for a quote

Cheers

quoccy
18th October 2012, 07:47 PM
Anyone one running these sway bar on their drift car??? I'm currently running shock works coil overs (6/4 springs) and finding the car very grippy...

Rice86
18th October 2012, 11:53 PM
got these at the recommended size from Dave, my car has BC coilovers though

ive never driven a ae86 with upgrade swaybars before but this had a massive improvement from stock bars, took a lot of the work off the coilovers from doing everything and now my coilover actually works as it should.

lets just say my coilovers dampers were set to 15 clicks out of 30 to have a good driving feel for me, i like my ride responsive and stiff enough, not totally solid but was firm and stiff at 15 clicks.

installed these and set dampers to 0 clicks, less body roll, same quick steering response as hard dampers settings and because the dampers were now 0 instead of 15, its like a stock ride but just more firm for obvious coilover reasons, plenty of grip too.

my coilovers are now set to about 5-7 clicks all round where as it had to be either 10-15 depending on what driving style was required..daily/grip/drift

i agree with what Dave says about the size he recommends it doesn't over bar the car, its still a very neutral feeling on the next level of performance.

just speaking from my own experience

AJPS
19th October 2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the words richard. I am confident in the product. Yeah through my own r and d i found they were the best sizes. Didnt detract from the cars original characteristics too much and complemented a package rather than being the main attraction. Quoccy they are suited to grip as a package but in your case adding just a rear would be worth a shot. Pm me of interested

Vance
14th November 2012, 09:33 AM
its only 1mm bigger than stock, and with the fresh metal it a good difference without over barring the car, definitely doesnt add understeer like some of the 24mm + swaybars - as long as your set up works together it will be fine....

fresh metal is the biggest factor here. metal age and chemistry of the metal used determine so much with swaybars.

i personally used 25mm front and 21mm rear on my last ae86 but they were hollow so they weren't as rigid as you would think just looking at sizing. i went this way for weight saving (honestly weighed almost nothing, less than 1kg each. but they were very very strong). in the real world they would probably be as rigid as the sizes dave has chosen for solid bars.

AJPS
14th November 2012, 04:47 PM
fresh metal is the biggest factor here. metal age and chemistry of the metal used determine so much with swaybars.

i personally used 25mm front and 21mm rear on my last ae86 but they were hollow so they weren't as rigid as you would think just looking at sizing. i went this way for weight saving (honestly weighed almost nothing, less than 1kg each. but they were very very strong). in the real world they would probably be as rigid as the sizes dave has chosen for solid bars.

yeah I run hollow bars in my car as well 25mm front and 17mm rear and after testing these feel very similar to the ones I offer.

The car is balanced

These are still available if people are interested?

AJPS
15th April 2013, 05:14 PM
about to order some more of these if anyone is interested?

AJPS
1st November 2013, 09:25 AM
still available