PDA

View Full Version : Toyota aero spoiler removal and Brz spoiler fitting..?

KMIRISH74
25th August 2012, 09:28 AM
I have finally placed my order with a dealer on the goldcoast for a black Gts with the kit....I haaaaate the rear spoiler and even following a long debate with the sales rep i was told if i want the kit i have no choice but to have the rear spoiler fitted at the factory.Once i get it i plan to remove the huge wing and fit either a Spoiler from Brz or import a spoiler from toyota uk where they are standard.Does anybody know if i should be expecting to have to fill and repair existing holes on the corner of the boot or is the alignment similar for both spoilers.I have up to 10 months to think about it or so i have been told. Thanks.

jakel
25th August 2012, 12:28 PM
I would just let a body shop do it if its anything more than swapping it over, if you're spending that much on a car.

Matt
25th August 2012, 01:03 PM
Looking at the design of the aero kit, you'd expect there to be at least 2 mounting points either side of the boot give the width of the spoiler.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WbWV8TwmKN8/T99Gwbr_5EI/AAAAAAAH8v4/F-mGk-wkVb0/s1600/Toyota-86-Aero-Package-5.jpg

The spoiler comes a fair way in from the edge of the boot, but it is a simple repair any panel shop would be able to knock over in a hour or 2 including fitting / painting the new spoiler.

Though ultimately it will depend largely on what spoiler you use to replace it with as to what needs to be done.