PDA

View Full Version : 1440 Extra 86's alocated to Australia

Nikkojoe
20th September 2012, 02:40 PM
Was reading on another forum when I found this info today:

"An extra 740 86's have been allocated to TMCA from the factory for the last quarter of 2012 and an extra 700 for the first quarter of 2013 with a significant increase in GTS variants."

Not sure if it is legit but seeing as though a lot of people that have orded in June have had their tracking updated with production slotted for November 2012 (including me - tracking via dealer).

Follow up quote:

It's an internal communication from TMCA that came through yesterday. There have been rumors going around some dealers that we were being allocated more but nothing in stone; this confirms it.

I will not upload any copies of the bulletin, you'll just have to take my word for it. Any of the other members here that work for Toyota dealers can verify if they wish to chime in.

Should cut down the wait list quite a bit!

ae8zn6
20th September 2012, 02:57 PM
Mine has been updated for november, I had previously been promised September. Oh well, I just want my car

Matt
20th September 2012, 05:58 PM
I have had that confirmed there is more but not 1440

wideslider
22nd September 2012, 08:46 AM
China didn't want the number of 86's originally allocated to them which resulted in Australia getting from memory around 300 additional vehicles. I was actually china was getting them at all

Nikkojoe
22nd October 2012, 11:56 PM
http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/extra_1500_toyota_86_cars_on_the_way/

It's official, although some people are still smoking crack (6 weeks wait for a GT and 4months for a GTS???? - that's why i've got my imaginary car already :D)

Matt
23rd October 2012, 06:33 AM
Tom if you walk into a Toyota dealership today and place an order you will have it in the time frames quoted by the cars guide article... The announcement is a little later than expected, but overall this is great news for the community and it will stop those muppets who are trying to sell their new car for more than they paid for it.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed them, but i'm starting to see more and more on the road each week.

Give it 6 - 12 months and I believe most dealers will have stock readily available for you to take there and then.

LukeKE11
23rd October 2012, 12:22 PM
I am still getting quoted 18 months for a gts manual at my dealer. That 250 a month is for the whole of Australia don't forget

Nikkojoe
23rd October 2012, 01:13 PM
Tom if you walk into a Toyota dealership today and place an order you will have it in the time frames quoted by the cars guide article... The announcement is a little later than expected, but overall this is great news for the community and it will stop those muppets who are trying to sell their new car for more than they paid for it.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed them, but i'm starting to see more and more on the road each week.

Give it 6 - 12 months and I believe most dealers will have stock readily available for you to take there and then.

If I walk into dealers today I wont be able to order as the que is too long (4.5 years for a gts at its peak in WA). Just saying ;) In WA we are not run under TMCA so although we get the increase as well, we dont get as many as other states. Last time I checked there were 150 outstanding GTS orders, and before the allocations it was 4 gts per month. If we did get 250 cars it would be nice, possibly clearing the entire back log in WA providing the allocation had all the cars matching previous orders.

I know there are people that orded a GT a month ago and have yet to get any update on their car (still on order, no production date). Even with their recent increase meant it was magically built right now it would still take 6 weeks to deliver (hence the 6weeks wait on a GT is stupid). Besides, the key thing to note is that they dont specify transmision and trim grades (could be all autos). I know for a fact I can walk into 5dealers in WA and drive out today with a GT auto, but no one wants it since it has no LSD and no paddles either.

I agree though, should stop those people capitalising on something they may have gotten lucky on. 6-12 months will probably have some stock or a minor wait at the dealers, then deals can be made easier :)

Frak
23rd October 2012, 06:49 PM
When the waiting list drops right back should stop the idiot dealers trying to profiteer on something they think is a super car, well yeah I guess if it's compared to the EVERYTHING else you sell it is a bit of ok, but they really need to drop the arrogance they have, it's not that special. I would like one, but I'll just wait and may even change my mind, not fast enough.

Matt
24th October 2012, 06:35 AM
Its human nature that some people get greedy... It is sad.