PDA

View Full Version : mx83 soon to be 2jzge

hillzy
18th November 2012, 04:01 PM
i bought a mx83 cressida as my first car, it runs well but chews up the petty lol. interior is pretty good with only a few blemishes on the leather seats and the outside wasn't too bad besides paint fade on the bonnet and a few scratches here and there. i eventually got bored with it looking down at cars and chucked in some s14 springs that i got for $20 bucks which gave me a fair decent drop in the back and the front i saved a little more and bought some ssr integral gtr's? i believe. after driving around i got bored not being able to spin the wheels so tonight i am going to pick up a 2jz non turbo as i am on my p plates and i cant drive turbo :( the 2jz only has 78,000k's and it came from an imported jza80 from JDMland. i will be making updates regualy as i want the new heart in. hopefully some of you cressy boys will be able to help me as i get stuck!

ill get more picks up later tonight!2747627477

Seventy
18th November 2012, 05:44 PM
You do know that your not aloud to drive it with an engine conversion as well? You'll just have to hope cops dont know its not a standard engine haha....

hillzy
18th November 2012, 09:50 PM
they look pretty much excatly the same and there 3L ill just write 7mge on the CAM cover

jamie86
18th November 2012, 10:51 PM
You'll be sweet man I'm on my ps and drive 1j cresy just don't drive like a retard and you won't get pulled over I have been rbt and they didn't even look twice

Matt
18th November 2012, 10:53 PM
Haha gl with that, but being realistic if you do the conversion cleanly then it takes a keen eye to pick it as not being standard. Don't be too shy and ask questions and if i know the answer i'll happily respond.

hillzy
19th November 2012, 08:07 AM
haha ill try anyway, but i am getting someone to do all the wiring for me so it will be all clean. also for power steering anyone know a good place to get custom lines made up? or have them for sale?

no doubt ill be asking questions along the way as this is my first engine swap. cheers

hillzy
19th November 2012, 08:16 AM
to the people who have done this conversion or have experience i would like to know the custom stuff ill need to get other than power steering lines because i am unsure as of yet weather the tail shaft will bolt up being an auto box? where do i put the fuel filter and just use toyota fuel pump or aftermarket and will the 7mge fuel lines be the same? so if im missing anything just comment would help a shit load as i want this too go smoothly :) cheers aaron

jamie86
19th November 2012, 10:18 AM
Not sure about south oz but pirtek pretty sure they will come around your house and do it, what gear box are you using? Standard pump will be fine unless your doing big mods don't bother, fuel filter you can just cut the fuel line down near we're it goes from hard line to rubber hose (under the passenger side footwell) and grab z200 fuel filter and then run your own hose off that to rail, or not having done 2jzge you may be able to use factory set up? Just have to wait and see what you've got.

hillzy
19th November 2012, 08:04 PM
yeh thanks for that i have been recommended to go for pirtek as they have vans that do home jobs have you do your power steering lines from them if so how much they charge! the gearbox is stock auto from a jza80 supra so should be all good there! and do they use the stock gbox mounts off the 7mge and line up with the shifter position? fuel filter should be easy then, and i think the fuel line will fit which is good. thanks for the info man!

and heres the 2jz-ge!

dr1ft-pig
19th November 2012, 08:09 PM
2jz should be good man!! i have a set of jzx90 engine mounts for sale if you need, run them on opposite side and it will sit the engine nicely, u just use the 7m rubber mounts and the jzx90 items i have and you will be set to bolt it in

as for pwr steer, u just need a line from the rack to the pump i think, as the 2jzge has the pwr steer resivoir on the pump itself from memory, and questions feel free to ask

s13 james
19th November 2012, 08:24 PM
nice car,goodluck with swap,you going to manual. it aswell?

hillzy
19th November 2012, 08:30 PM
yeh the 2jz is gonna be so much better than the 7m slug. i believe my engine mounts bolt straight on as i have the 92 model cressy but if i have trouble getting it in ill pm you!

power steering resi is on the pump on the -ge so should be pretty simple setup i assumed. ill defiantly be asking some questions as i have just started to read your jzx83 build and around half way through seems like you've had fun with it haha but yeh i think i added you on fb when i got half way through as i wanted to see if you had more pics of the cressy stalker i know haha love the colour of it suits the body contours right!

manual is defiently on the cards but i just want to get it in and the price of gbox's are too damn high!

cheers, aaron

s13 james
19th November 2012, 08:37 PM
true true,what sorta gearbox do you guys use,w57 or something?is that even a box haha no idea

hillzy
19th November 2012, 08:42 PM
think its the W58 and the r158 or sumthing and the r158 needs widening of the gearbox tunnel

jamie86
19th November 2012, 09:14 PM
R154 is the best box for the money but something like the getrag 6 speed out of the supra would be the ultimate all that stuff is easy only thing is making clutch pedal box and pedal as nothing really fits that well unless you can fork out $530 for the ajps kit

Matt
20th November 2012, 04:56 AM
I've heard rumours of people using an ae92 peddle box successfully... But i haven't confirmed that myself.

With the mounts, on the turbo models you swap the mounts from the passenger side to the drivers and vice versa... You'd assume the NA is the same, but the shit thing with jz blocks is they have so many different mounting holes.

I bought the kits off ebay for mine and I used the wrong position and had to rip the motor back out to rectify it but in reality it only cost me about an hour of time so i can't complain too much.

Matt
20th November 2012, 04:58 AM
oh and whilst pirtek do house visits you'll save about $50 by going into one of their stores as you won't have the call out fee added on top of the hose price.

If you can relocate your reservoir to the passenger strut tower so save hoses having to be ran from one side to the other unneccessarily.

hillzy
20th November 2012, 08:23 AM
ill look into manual conversions a bit later as money will slowly come in as work is slow atm. i have heard of swapping around the engine mounts but yeah ill find out when i go to put it in! and did you guys put the motor and trans in at the same time or separately?

what lines/hoses are power steering lines made out of just normal rubber hose or steel with rubber coating? could make them up myself if just hose possibly

also if anyone has a front sump please PM me i want this motor in soon! haha

cheers, aaron

dr1ft-pig
20th November 2012, 05:59 PM
your crossmember will bolt up, but 7m engine brackets will not fit a 2jz, basically u have the x member/engine mount/alloy engine bracket, the mounts and x member u leave stock, the brackets is what u need and what i have for sells :)

i also have a front sump ;)

hillzy
20th November 2012, 06:55 PM
yeh the bloke gave me the engine mount brackets from the 2j so yeah ill just use the original rubber! haha and pm me how much you want the front sump prefer to get everything so i can change the sump over no hassles!

dr1ft-pig
20th November 2012, 07:03 PM
which ones did u get though??? from jza80 supra??? coz they wont fit lol u need jzx90/81 stuff :)

chasing 350 for the sump,pickup,dipstick,bolts everything

hillzy
20th November 2012, 07:14 PM
PM'ed

yes jza80 supra why cant they make this shit easy haha

hillzy
25th November 2012, 05:33 PM
so i picked up the loom, ecu, ignitor and some other little bit and when i got there he said that the body work shop cut the loom and only found out when he was taking it out of the car... soo my question is can i use the 7mge loom on the 2jzge? i still got the 2j loom so i can use the plugs n shit or qill it be better buying a uncut loom?

dr1ft-pig
26th November 2012, 04:47 PM
new loom for sure bro. still keen on the sump n mounts??

hillzy
26th November 2012, 05:05 PM
im am still keen on the mounts but someone is gonna get back to me about a sump for cheap but if that falls through ill just go with urs!

finally got motivation to take the 7m out and about half way through so might finish tommorow as this is my first engine swap/ removal!

dr1ft-pig
26th November 2012, 05:39 PM
sweet.i need it gone asap

hillzy
26th November 2012, 06:32 PM
well i didnt end up pulling the motor out as weather has turned shit, but a quick question! can i pull the motor out with the trans oil line still connected the ones from motor to trans and will the tailshaft just fall out of spline when i pull engine + gbox out?

dr1ft-pig
26th November 2012, 07:18 PM
yeah u can do it that way man, but i reckon its easier to pull the tailshaft ou first

hillzy
27th November 2012, 08:58 AM
im having trouble getting the loom out of the way for the motor to be taken out, do i remove all wiring from firewall or try and weeve it all out from the intake shit?

dr1ft-pig
27th November 2012, 05:07 PM
unplug the ecu and take it out with the engine man :)

hillzy
27th November 2012, 08:12 PM
well i just ended up taiking off the intake manifold! ahha but pretty much was too hot today but got threw a bit more and all i need to do now is take off engine and g box mounts and take old mate 7m out tomorrow
most of the shit thats been taken out
looks like ive done f*!k all but its getting there!

oil in the intake pipes?

hillzy
8th December 2012, 10:23 AM
well quickly put the 7m back in as i need to save more for the conversion and dont wannna be driving my uncles pulsar around for a while, but anyway i have just finished a few hiccups but anyway i will keep the revs at 2k while in park and it will suddenly drop back to idle and back up to 2k, all while i have my foot on the accelerator! anyone had this problem before? idle control valve maybe?

dr1ft-pig
8th December 2012, 01:26 PM
problem is the 7m lol, jjust put the jz in it :P

hillzy
8th December 2012, 06:03 PM
i would but i have no money.. :( do you know what the problem would be